NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Concussed wrote:

Hi Team, thank you for all the help and advice sent RnT’s way while he was looking after my team, looks as though it has been working as the team is still kicking!

I guess I will have to try and catchup with any important news before this weekends games to have any chance of getting through to the final. I will just have to do that when the wife isn’t looking and the munchkin isn’t crying I guess haha

Haven't checked in this thread for a little while but double congrats mate!

Good luck this week and further to jelejasof's advice, i'd be wary of playing Smith this week.
    Assuming he plays (and I'm not sure he will), surely Smith's odds of an early shower are high.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:56 am

@Milchcow

When you view a team via the rankings page - i.e. if you were to look at the team of the person in first, when players lock, were you under the impression that you were seeing the team as at the current round or from the previous round.

Eg if you look at first, he has DCE, TTrbo, Jtrbo, and Taupau locked. Does that mean he has played those guys this round? or is it just showing his team from last round.

Cheers,

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:40 am

Not sure.

I've never really followed it that closely. In the H2H matchup screen it shows you the live team but not sure how the rankings page does it
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:26 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:@Milchcow

When you view a team via the rankings page - i.e. if you were to look at the team of the person in first, when players lock, were you under the impression that you were seeing the team as at the current round or from the previous round.

Eg if you look at first, he has DCE, TTrbo, Jtrbo, and Taupau locked. Does that mean he has played those guys this round? or is it just showing his team from last round.

Cheers,

@Rippin and Tearin

I know in SC, it shows the team as played during the previous round (e.g. previous Captains, reserves etc. in order of who scored the highest).

Assuming this is the same.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:@Milchcow

Cheers,

Hey R&T. To the best of my knowledge, the teams that we see in RANKINGS are the teams from the previous round. The only way I know to see someone's team for the current round is through GAMEDAY, but, obviously, you can only look at teams that are in your h2h leagues.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey ST.
    Haven't seen you for a while. Good to see you mate....................
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Cheers guys, what you say lines up with what Im seeing but, I'm 99% sure in the past I've been able to see things as they happen once players lock out. But Im starting to doubt my self now lol.

Oh well, not a big deal. Cheers for the help everyone!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Cheers guys, what you say lines up with what Im seeing but, I'm 99% sure in the past I've been able to see things as they happen once players lock out. But Im starting to doubt my self now lol.

Oh well, not a big deal. Cheers for the help everyone!

Hey R&T. This is my 10th season of playing VSDT, and to the best of my memory it has ALWAYS been this way.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:Hey ST.
    Haven't seen you for a while. Good to see you mate....................

Hey Pacey. How are you mate? My health is pretty poor these days, but there is still no cure for CFS, so I just have to grin and bare it (as best I can).

This is probably the first time that I've logged on to the forum for about 6 months (I only logged on to answer R&T's question), but I regularly check your late mail/team lists thread (as a guest), so many thanks for your on-going efforts mate. Very Happy
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:43 am

Simon Templar wrote:

Hey Pacey. How are you mate? My health is pretty poor these days, but there is still no cure for CFS, so I just have to grin and bare it (as best I can).

This is probably the first time that I've logged on to the forum for about 6 months (I only logged on to answer R&T's question), but I regularly check your late mail/team lists thread (as a guest), so many thanks for your on-going efforts mate. Very Happy

Thanks ST for taking he time to answer me mate.

I must have just convinced myself of what I was seeing haha.

Hope things are going OK with you mate, I know CFS can be really rough. Take care!
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:59 am

Well that’s me done in eliminator by the looks team. Sorry I couldn’t carry the forum flag all the way! Just needed a semi decent score from Mitchell and I would have had a chance, but he just wasn’t interested or used properly last night

Hope everyone else is travelling well this week, should be some massive scores I would say

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:51 am

Concussed wrote:Well that’s me done in eliminator by the looks team. Sorry I couldn’t carry the forum flag all the way! Just needed a semi decent score from Mitchell and I would have had a chance, but he just wasn’t interested or used properly last night

Hope everyone else is travelling well this week, should be some massive scores I would say

Unlucky mate, you must still be in with a chance though right? From memory you have Fifita as a POD. Could be enough.

Did he end up playing Cam? He had him benched earlier in the week...
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Unlucky mate, you must still be in with a chance though right? From memory you have Fifita as a POD. Could be enough.

Did he end up playing Cam? He had him benched earlier in the week...

Yeah I have Fifita, but against his Gallen, Aitken and Hopoate so will need a double from Fifita I would say

Na he benched Smith, but he also benched Tapau and some others like that...pretty much his bench would have outscored most full teams, so me losing seems pretty fair
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:09 am

Did you win mate? Aitken's single digit score + Fifita must have done it for you I imagine?
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:21 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Did you win mate? Aitken's single digit score + Fifita must have done it for you I imagine?

Hey Mate, yeah it seems as though I am through to the final, and by the looks of it we have really different teams
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:37 am

Concussed wrote:

Hey Mate, yeah it seems as though I am through to the final, and by the looks of it we have really different teams

Nice mate! Mate its an absolute crap shot what happens this weekend - not sure why the Eliminator is scheduled like this, I would have thought the final should have been week 24 prior to the likelihood that a number of players get rested/play short minutes this week.

Anyway, lots of PODs will make for an interesting final. Good luck mate. You should post up the matchup when you get the chance, see if any posters on here can spot anything that could help you!
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:09 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Nice mate! Mate its an absolute crap shot what happens this weekend - not sure why the Eliminator is scheduled like this, I would have thought the final should have been week 24 prior to the likelihood that a number of players get rested/play short minutes this week.

Anyway, lots of PODs will make for an interesting final. Good luck mate. You should post up the matchup when you get the chance, see if any posters on here can spot anything that could help you!

Hey Team, matchup for the Final is as follows...

Me vs Him

Burgess vs Walker
    Smith vs Marsters
    Munster vs Crichton
    Arrow vs Johnson
    Hess vs Harris
    Mitchell vs Yeo
    Matterson vs James
    Cherry-Evans vs Gutherson
    T Trbojevic vs R Smith
    Taupau vs Pangai

Common players - Tuivasa-Sheck, Cleary, Tedesco, Fifita & J Trbojevic

He does have Smith, Matterson & Taupau on the bench, so he can play all 3 to cancel out mine, and we both have Ponga (if he plays?)

I also have one trade left and Brown or Martin to trade, was thinking to Harris?

Lets throw some ideas around this week anyway, and we will see what we can come up with
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:22 am

I'd assume he plays Taupau and Smith. If it were me I'd bring those two in for Yeo and Smith/Walker.

I guess you both have Cook and Tolo too to make up the numbers?

I would definitely be bringing someone in for Brown/Martin. If it were a season long game I would go Tohu and perhaps you should go him. The other guy I would consider is J Papalii. He has a pretty high 3 game average and against the Warriors he might go OK!

So perhaps your matchup is/could be more like this:

Burgess vs Crichton
    Papalii vs James
    Hess vs Harris
    Cherry-Evans vs Johnson
    Mitchell vs Gutherson
    Matterson vs Marsters
    T Trbojevic vs R Smith/Walker
    Munster vs Pangai
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:I'd assume he plays Taupau and Smith. If it were me I'd bring those two in for Yeo and Smith/Walker.

I guess you both have Cook and Tolo too to make up the numbers?

I would definitely be bringing someone in for Brown/Martin. If it were a season long game I would go Tohu and perhaps you should go him. The other guy I would consider is J Papalii. He has a pretty high 3 game average and against the Warriors he might go OK!

So perhaps your matchup is/could be more like this:

Burgess vs Crichton
    Papalii vs James
    Hess vs Harris
    Cherry-Evans vs Johnson
    Mitchell vs Gutherson
    Matterson vs Marsters
    T Trbojevic vs R Smith/Walker
    Munster vs Pangai

Ha yeah we both have Cook and Taumalolo, who happen to be our Captains at this stage

Yeah picking the 2RF or FRF that will go BOOM for one week is the mission (heck I have even been looking long and hard at Cooper vs Titans!!) A guy could go mad haha

I'm guessing TLT is going to make things even more interesting... Any other options people see for a BOOM game this weekend?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Concussed wrote:

Well done, wonderful achievement. :ThumbsUp:

Good luck.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 am