NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Game 2 Origin match thread.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Game 2 Origin match thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Game 2 Origin match thread.

Post by Honeysett Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Can you guys watch the Gagai decision again and see if I'm just blind but I think he loses the ball, doesn't regain control of it either. There's a frame where he clearly loses possession for mine and is then just putting downward pressure on the ball and doesn't regather.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Ponga's best position is in the halves, i said it when he first game to grade and ill keep saying it. If he has a decent football brain he could be as dominate as JT in the halves.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Looks a lot like Jarryd Hayne with his foot on the line in that still. Seriously I laugh so hard when people post still like that as justification he wasn't out. Unless my device isn't showing the full picture, I can't see the ball on the ground in the shot. Is it my device or does the photo show more to the right of the corner post?
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:35 pm

Ponga is special, no doubt about it. I just wonder when the Broncos will sign him as their next long term half. When is his Newie contract up, cause there is no way he will end up signing a second contract there.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:48 pm

ryno_ wrote:

There’s a very good reason for that.

Game 2 Origin match thread. - Page 4 Dgc5GLFUcAAXnZq?format=jpg

How that is enough evidence to overturn an on field decision is beyond me. Clearly a stripe of green between Gagai and the white line... and not in an after party kind of way.

Just watched the footage a few times.

This shot when you watch the footage on split screen with the front on footage is clearly a frame before the ball is down. The next frame shot has has the ball down and his leg well over the line, certainly further over the line than the distance it might be in the field of play in this shot, therefore if we assume geounding happened a nanosecond before the second frame and a nano second after the first frame then. It's perfectly logically to assume his foot was onthe line. Even if it occurs at the same time, the decision is no try. You can't be out and in at the same time.

Correct call, clearly enough evidence to make a no try call.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Ice wrote:Ponga is special, no doubt about it. I just wonder when the Broncos will sign him as their next long term half. When is his Newie contract up, cause there is no way he will end up signing a second contract there.

2 more years after this. The Knights should be offering him a Tolo/DCE type deal right now
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Dip re cordner, agree he went down very easy but did you see Cooper ? He doesn’t even time his dive right, gets through Roberts and then realises he has to throw in the old soccer dive lol

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Well done thoroughly undeserved even with Roberts off you still had 18 on the field

Ahh sorry guys I was full of piss and bad manners last night didn't even remember writing this which makes the spelling impressive I guess!

Well done to NSW honestly they played well Fittler has done everything right regarding dropping some of the usual suspects and it paid off.

Can argue until you're blue in the face about the penalty tries but they were called and no matter what comes out now it wont change the outcome.

I don't see any reason to blood rookies for game three I think we have a good team considering but I am still shocked Oates couldn't make the team. Holmes and Gagai are amazing but I think Gagai could have slipped into the centres so Oates could squeeze in.

Hunt.. Well he made a bad decision if it paid off he would have been heralded as a hero and every comment ive seen here and on twitter would be the other way around. I don't see any reason to drop him.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 pm

leaguegod wrote:Dip re cordner, agree he went down very easy but did you see Cooper ? He doesn’t even time his dive right, gets through Roberts and then realises he has to throw in the old soccer dive lol

YOu know I say good on Cooper for trying to take a dive. The nrl have let it slip into the game why wouldn't you take an advantage?

Ever since seeing Gallen get bumped in the slightest way last year and bouncing around like an absolute buffoon and the video ref giving him the obstruction call all cards were off the table they're enabling it
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:00 pm

I’m certainly not meaning to single him out or anything. More just saying he and cordner both played it the same

It’s gotten pretty bad, especially is those obstruction plays. Black and white rules re contact from lead runners haven’t helped imo

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 pm

leaguegod wrote:I’m certainly not meaning to single him out or anything. More just saying he and cordner both played it the same

It’s gotten pretty bad, especially is those obstruction plays. Black and white rules re contact from lead runners haven’t helped imo

Yeah I thought the lead runners rule would have fixed it up a little but it still differs from game to game
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:19 am

The penalty try / sin bin decision were totally correct. You cant dispute it, they were absolutely correct.
    The gagai try, I too thought they would go with Try initally - but you can see (and you also cant dispute this) that when the split footage was shown gagai grounds it and goes out simultaneously. And that my friends, is a no try.

Just because its close doesnt mean that its not enough evidence. The glove fit perfectly. It was red handed. 100% simultaneous put down and out. No wicked wings for you.

Yep even as a nswlshman, gus is fucking irritating. The sooner they get him off commentary the better. The way he repeats his points is just so painful.

Yeah I said this a while back - having JT play on with what has CLEARLY been a year too long has really hurt the cows. Its mucked Morgan around after he stepped up last year, there were rumours about TMM wanting to leave because of lack of game time, and the lack of foresight ultimately cost them Ponga. They should have tapped thurston on the shoulder and said "thanks for your service mate, but keeping you for another 2 years is going to cost us the next big thing in footy for the next 15 years". I mean, if newcastle could see how good he might be, the cows would have 100% known how good too.

How about last year when Green refused to play Ponga... far out. The guy will be a good shot to play for australia this year and if tedesco gets hurt, he is just about next in line for the aus fullback spot IMO. Fark he is good.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am

Shanbon wrote:Ponga's best position is in the halves, i said it when he first game to grade and ill keep saying it. If he has a decent football brain he could be as dominate as JT in the halves.

IMO he will almost certainly end up playing in the halves, but in his first few seasons in grade his best position is clearly FB. He plays like a half in attack anyway without the defence targeting him with back rowers all game.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:06 am

surmo13 wrote:

i think the bigger mistep was ignoring the ref's call for benefit of the doubt for Gagai's first attempt, went up as try and i didnt see enough there to say Gagai was definately out before the ball was grounded.
    I really don't know how anyone is bitching about the penalty try but I thought for sure this would be given a try, haven't seen it in hd yet though.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Fun facts stolen from elsewhere:

After Matt Prior made his NSW debut, only 1 player from the Saint George Ilawarra Dragons 2010 premiership winning side has not played for a tier 1 nation or State of Origin.

Darius Boyd - 28 games for Queensland, 23 for Australia

Brett Morris - 15 games for NSW, 18 for Australia

Mark Gasnier - 12 games for NSW, 15 for Australia

Matt Cooper - 13 games for NSW, 7 for Australia

Jason Nightingale - 33 games for New Zealand

Jamie Soward - 3 games for NSW

Ben Hornby - 3 games for NSW, 1 for Australia

Neville Costigan - 6 games for Queensland

Dean Young - 1 game for NSW, 1 for Australia

Michael Weyman - 4 games for NSW, 1 for Australia

Beau Scott - 11 games for NSW, 3 for Australia

Ben Creagh - 11 games for NSW, 2 for Australia

Jeremy Smith - 22 games for New Zealand

Nathan Fien - 1 game for Queensland, 22 games for New Zealand

Trent Merrin - 13 games for New South Wales, 7 for Australia

Matt Prior - 1 game for NSW
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm

thats pretty nuts, i'd say the early NRL era brisbane teams would have done the same (or atleasy very close)but unlikely any since then have done that
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:40 pm

leaguegod wrote:thats pretty nuts, i'd say the early NRL era brisbane teams would have done the same (or atleasy very close)but unlikely any since then have done that

Both Melbourne and Broncos only had a player each from their 2006 teams.

Surely there are teams that have the full quota.

P.S. How shit would Jarrod Saffy, Shane Perry and Nathan Friend feel for being the odd men out - useless.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:17 pm

To be fair did Saffy ever play league again after the premiership ? Maybe 1 season.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:10 am

leaguegod wrote:thats pretty nuts, i'd say the early NRL era brisbane teams would have done the same (or atleasy very close)but unlikely any since then have done that

Broncos had John Plath for ages - the best player to never play rep football.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 am