NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Mearcats
    Mearcats

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by Mearcats Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Also, just as a side note and a real left field option, Jesse Ramien (my phone auto'd that to Ramen, mmmm, ramen!) could be a decent look in for those looking for a ctr that isn't Dugan, Aiken or Mitchell.

Seems (according to the article on NRL.com) that the ctr position is his to lose. Has plenty of upside.

Admittedly he isn't going to score two tries every week but if he can average 32+ he could be a decent stepping stone for those looking to bring one of the guns in following rd13. Underpriced (albeit on an inflated average due to last round) and with a pretty low BE, if you could ride him out until after rd13 could well help a lot of teams through the next 6 weeks.

Last edited by Mearcats on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34

Post by danseels1985 Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:30 pm

@mearcats thanks for that buddy,yeah I really want to get Isaako the hell out of my team ASAP. Maybe I'm just playing it safe by bringing in Matterson as he allows me to move Mbye to my WFB when I get rid of Thompson(who may be used to get Aitken if I cash out TPJ as well soon) I guess I just want to get rid of Rochow straight away as well as I feel he won't improve much. My plan(and yes I made one as you suggested haha) is to use Thompson and TPJ to get Surgess/NBrown after he gets back from suspension and then try to free up enough cash to upgrade Isaako to Aitken/Dugan. Who knows if this plan will work or not lol
    KiwiOilBoiler
    KiwiOilBoiler

Post by KiwiOilBoiler Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Guys i'm really stumped for a second trade this week. My team has a pretty long tail that needs addressing.

Already went Macca > Fifita
    24 trades left, $49k itb

(C)ook
    Kikau Arrow
    RFM JFH Murray
    Widdop Matters
    Gagai Isaako
    Thompson Ponga Teddy

Fifita Rein Kennar Havili

Nicholls L Croker Douehi Tohu

Lachie Croker seems most urgent issue BE26 vs Ave23 = -3 index
    Next worse is Kennar with a +6. I just dont seem to see where to make the exchange. Goose is 7/28 so would seem to still have money in him, but there's the Manly thing again....Sorenson no security, Katoa no news etc

Anyone care to drop a few pearls on me.....of wisdom?

Cheers.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:33 pm

I think Cogger is a player you can afford to wait a week on and see what kind of role he and Watson settle into, he'd need to score 45+ to break the 300k mark, so it's not like he'll be out of cash cow territory if he goes well this week.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:34 pm

filthridden wrote:

Storm have only lost three games, two of them to the Tigers and both of those by 2 and 1 point.
    Sharks game was a shambles both as a game and for the Storm.

I definitely wouldn't be counting the Storm out.... good odds for sure but I am picking a Storm win, personally.
    If the Warriors win it'll be close and 1-12 is paying $3.75...
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:37 pm

A lot of love for Matterson today, yet I still don't trust him (or Robinson). Amazing pick up if you had the balls to do it when he was bouncing between 60-80 minutes. Id rather wait a couple weeks and pick up Cleary, have a feeling he will average better over the season and for the same cost.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:41 pm

Isaako seems to have secured that wing spot. He is being touted as the next folau.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:42 pm

danseels1985 wrote:@mearcats thanks for that buddy,yeah I really want to get Isaako the hell out of my team ASAP. Maybe I'm just playing it safe by bringing in Matterson as he allows me to move Mbye to my WFB when I get rid of Thompson(who may be used to get Aitken if I cash out TPJ as well soon) I guess I just want to get rid of Rochow straight away as well as I feel he won't improve much. My plan(and yes I made one as you suggested haha) is to use Thompson and TPJ to get Surgess/NBrown after he gets back from suspension and then try to free up enough cash to upgrade Isaako to Aitken/Dugan. Who knows if this plan will work or not lol

Nothing wrong with that at all mate! I love a good plan, as you well know, but remember to keep it flexible as well. The only assurance about my plan is the amount of bank that I need to get the gun I want in each week. Anything else is super flexible. Due to injuries etc, you need to be prepared to make a move at a moments notice and that can mean a deviation from the plan.

For example... Last week I spent the whole week debating the merits of bringing Rein in. I'm quite a safe player and usually pretty risk adverse. Mainly cos my risks always backfire on me (CCrichton)! But in the end I took the gamble. Now Rein was in no way in my plan. It means that I've lost a trade. Fortunately, I had managed to bank a few so felt it was worth a little gamble. The upside is that he scored well, should generate enough coin prior to a trade out to justify it and because he was cheap it boosted my bank enabling me to bring Fifita in this week (about two weeks earlier than I had intended).

Yours will be similar. TPJ could well get some decent minute over the next month with the injuries Bris has and if he does, it may make that planned movement of him to Surgess/NBrown a little more complicated. Keep it flexible. Play it week by week on each players merits and you'll go great guns.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Reklaw wrote:A lot of love for Matterson today, yet I still don't trust him (or Robinson). Amazing pick up if you had the balls to do it when he was bouncing between 60-80 minutes. Id rather wait a couple weeks and pick up Cleary, have a feeling he will average better over the season and for the same cost.

I too am waiting for Cleary return. With a BE of 73 and averaging 63.5 before his injury he will drop a little bit of cash before rising again. So can wait 1-2 weeks before picking him up. Will probably base out at around 790K which he will be a great swap for Jacks.
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:44 pm

filthridden wrote:Lamb could be value if he's named to start.

Based on his few rounds of performance i don't think so. I've seen enough.
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Mearcats wrote:

@Shumway, sorry for the belated response mate, my friend alcohol snuck up on me... Anyways, here now!

I like the Murray trade. You have to get out of Rochow sooner or later and you would think that after a bit out that hamstring of Murrays should be good to go now. Team lists this arv will confirm though. Macca also is a trade our priority with his injury although you COULD hold him to save that trade if you see him as a keeper. What is the length of his injury?

Your priority should just be to get a cracking 17 on the park for this week. Rochow out for Murray allows you to move Macca to your EMG if you do decide to hold him. Then I'd be looking at moving on Isaako. You can get away with playing JMK this week (and he is a definite hold for now obviously) but Isaako and a few other mid rangers like Kennar and Havilii are hurting you a bit for points.

Outside of that, I think you look pretty solid mate.

Cheers mate. That sneaky little alcohol friend.

Agree the mid-rangers are my next few steps to take care of, but surprised you'd think of doing that now rather than moving on from McCullough. If I upgrade Rochow to Murray, I'm spending most of my cash and would only have $549k to spend in trying to upgrade Isaako. Not enough for Aitken, Mitchell or Dugan to really strengthen the CTR position. So I don't really save a trade as whoever I bring in for Isaako would also be only a stepping stone.

So I guess my options are:

1) Macca to Smith and Rochow to Dugan. Gives me a better CTR, moves Isaako out of my 17. Gets the cash increase of Dugan.
    2) Macca to Smith and Rochow to Murray. Leaves my CTRs looking crap, but upgrades my 4th Interchange spot from Havili to Murray.

Does anyone have any updates on how long McCullough is meant to be out? 4-6 weeks was the original prognosis I believe.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Watch slade griffin spoil the cogger kick party
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:After missing 3 weeks of back to back 70s, I will bring Matterson in for his first sub-30 score. He looks like a good bench keeper or half keeper and ownership is still under 10%

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/23/stat-attack-ryan-matterson-is-the-roosters-new-tackling-machine/?utm_source=NRLFBContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Thanks for taking one for the team, the rest of us non-owners owe you one.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Joey Superior wrote:

Based on his few rounds of performance i don't think so. I've seen enough.

He was playing alongside ball hog Pearce in a 5/8 role. He would be key playmaker with majority of ball. He showed plenty towards the back end of the season.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:52 pm

I have banked 3 trades and really want Rein, is it worth the gamble, 3 weeks will do me just fine.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:54 pm

my tv broke wrote:Watch slade griffin spoil the cogger kick party

Was going to post that earlier that i wonder if Griffin would do more kicking with Pearce out
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Hey @Mearcats

Reckon you could give me an outsiders opinion on my team champ Beer

CS9
    Arrow Kikau
    Murray Jurbo RFM
    DCE Jacks
    Isaako Mitchell
    Turbo Ponga Thompson

Cook TPJ JFH Havili

Gosi Kennar Sua Katoa(hopefully he is named)

313K and 25(2) trades remaining. If TPJ is named to start I want to go Havili to Fifita (Will need to make second trade to afford) so was also looking at Kennar to someone 385K or below(preferably someone cheap(280K or lower) so I can still have a bank to trade Jacks, Isaako, Thompson in the coming weeks to guns/middies.

I think Kikau, RFM, JFH, Sua, Gosi will all be players looking to trade once peaked around origin time.

Cheers mate

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:59 pm

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 34 - Page 43 Slay10

I wonder how many games will be played on Slater field and how many drop kick tries would be scored this week?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

Thanks for taking one for the team, the rest of us non-owners owe you one.
    Seconded
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:14 pm

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:Guys i'm really stumped for a second trade this week. My team has a pretty long tail that needs addressing.

Already went Macca > Fifita
    24 trades left, $49k itb

(C)ook
    Kikau Arrow
    RFM JFH Murray
    Widdop Matters
    Gagai Isaako
    Thompson Ponga Teddy

Fifita Rein Kennar Havili

Nicholls L Croker Douehi Tohu

Lachie Croker seems most urgent issue BE26 vs Ave23 = -3 index
    Next worse is Kennar with a +6. I just dont seem to see where to make the exchange. Goose is 7/28 so would seem to still have money in him, but there's the Manly thing again....Sorenson no security, Katoa no news etc

Anyone care to drop a few pearls on me.....of wisdom?

Cheers.

I got the day off with no plans mate so I'll have a squizz.

I'm just going to start with a list of trades and the order of priority I'd have them in and then we can flesh it out from there.

Croker, Doughy (if named on bench), Kennar, Isaako/Havilii, Nicholls and potentially Widdop (depending on how you rate him).

Ideally, you want to be buying high and selling low. So with that in mind (and the homework you've already done) it would suggest that now is definitely the time to get off Croker. As for who for, it's up to you, but personally, I'd be wanting to generate some cash. All of your bench cows are towards the top end of their ratio. And you need to build some bank with the thought of bringing in some guns in the next month. Maybe you should look at Cogger (risky as hell though as we've recently been discussing) although there are others out there that may be worthwhile as well. Everyone at this price has an element of risk but there is upside to each. Sorenson, Nat Butcher, whoever comes in for Parker at Manly (likely one of the Wrights)or Gelling.

Not saying any one of those players would be a great pick up but each has potential upside, is in the bottom price bracket and should make money, unlike Croker who is set to lose money. Question is, will they make enough to justify the trade?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:28 pm