NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Share
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3606
    Reputation : 1038
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by No Worries on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 pm

    1 month to go (may be a little longer)

    2018 Team Planner v1.0
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xvp7mqx5m53bzua/2018_Team_Planner_v1.0.xlsx

    HoneyBadgers team picker
    http://www.azwebsolutions.co.nz/teampicker.php

    2015 Stats
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/fkxlw0139cvc529/2015%20Prozone%20stats.xlsx

    2016 Stats
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5dks6icv6339m1d/2016%20Prozone%20stats.xlsx

    2018 Provisional Pricing
    http://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t586-2018-nrl-com-fantasy-thread-part-1
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3606
    Reputation : 1038
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by No Worries on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 pm

    avatar
    BroncHose

    Posts : 974
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by BroncHose on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:19 pm

    Hey lads,

    back from off season training in the NFL and kinda ready to go for another season. I'm off working overseas for all of this season so its going to be a bit hit and miss unfortunately.

    Anyways - Milch, how does one refresh the data in your team planner on a mac?
    avatar
    mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 1967
    Reputation : 386
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by mulvy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 pm

    Zero tackle's Parramatta Rd 1 team:

    2018 Predicted Lineup
    1.Clinton Gutherson
    2.Bevan French
    3.Michael Jennings
    4.Brad Takairangi
    5.Josh Hoffman
    6.Mitchell Moses
    7.Corey Norman
    8.Nathan Brown
    9.Kaysa Pritchard
    10.Tim Mannah ©️
    11.Manu Ma’u
    12.Tepai Moeroa
    13.Beau Scott
    INTERCHANGE
    14.Cameron King
    15.Kane Evans
    16.Daniel Alvaro
    17.Kenny Edwards

    Surely Brown keeps his lock position. He was outstanding in both real life and fantasy.
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 1159
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Pookus McFly on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 pm

    @mulvy wrote:Zero tackle's Parramatta Rd 1 team:

    2018 Predicted Lineup
    1.Clinton Gutherson
    2.Bevan French
    3.Michael Jennings
    4.Brad Takairangi
    5.Josh Hoffman
    6.Mitchell Moses
    7.Corey Norman
    8.Nathan Brown
    9.Kaysa Pritchard
    10.Tim Mannah ©️
    11.Manu Ma’u
    12.Tepai Moeroa
    13.Beau Scott
    INTERCHANGE
    14.Cameron King
    15.Kane Evans
    16.Daniel Alvaro
    17.Kenny Edwards

    Surely Brown keeps his lock position. He was outstanding in both real life and fantasy.

    Well straight off the bat Gutherson won't be fit for round 1; can't imagine they leave Hayne out altogether and Brown was their player of the year due to his efforts at lock last year.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9897
    Reputation : 1822
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by SI on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 pm

    @BroncHose wrote:Hey lads,

    back from off season training in the NFL and kinda ready to go for another season. I'm off working overseas for all of this season so its going to be a bit hit and miss unfortunately.

    Anyways - Milch, how does one refresh the data in your team planner on a mac?

    That avatar is still frrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaakkkkkkkiiiiiiinnnnnggggggggg me out mate.
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 1159
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Pookus McFly on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 pm

    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Welcome back to my team Inglis

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/confirmed-anthony-seibold-locks-in-greg-inglis-2018-position-for-rabbitohs/news-story/9db4e54f599337589fb349c00ab0bce5
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9664
    Reputation : 1575
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 pm

    @Pookus McFly wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Welcome back to my team Inglis

    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/confirmed-anthony-seibold-locks-in-greg-inglis-2018-position-for-rabbitohs/news-story/9db4e54f599337589fb349c00ab0bce5

    Boo Yah!! Helloooo again GI my friend!!
    avatar
    Buramada

    Posts : 56
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2017-12-11

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Buramada on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 pm

    @mulvy wrote:Zero tackle's Parramatta Rd 1 team:

    2018 Predicted Lineup
    1.Clinton Gutherson
    2.Bevan French
    3.Michael Jennings
    4.Brad Takairangi
    5.Josh Hoffman
    6.Mitchell Moses
    7.Corey Norman
    8.Nathan Brown
    9.Kaysa Pritchard
    10.Tim Mannah ©️
    11.Manu Ma’u
    12.Tepai Moeroa
    13.Beau Scott
    INTERCHANGE
    14.Cameron King
    15.Kane Evans
    16.Daniel Alvaro
    17.Kenny Edwards

    Surely Brown keeps his lock position. He was outstanding in both real life and fantasy.

    Think it will be more likely this for Round 1

    1. French
    2. Smith
    3. Jennings
    4. Hayne
    5. Hoffman
    6. Moses
    7. Norman
    8. Mannah
    9. King
    10. Evans
    11. Mau
    12. Moeroa
    13. Brown

    14. Takaraingi
    15. Scott
    16. Alvaro
    17. Edwards

    When Gutherson is back I actually see Hoffman as the player missing out. There is hot competition for spots and some good players will miss out, with French to wing.


    Last edited by Buramada on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9664
    Reputation : 1575
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:53 pm

    @Buramada wrote:

    Think it will be more likely this for Round 1

    1. French
    2. Jennings
    3. Takaraingi
    4. Hayne
    5. Hoffman
    6. Moses
    7. Norman
    8. Mannah
    9. King
    10. Evans
    11. Mau
    12. Moeroa
    13. Brown

    14. Smith
    15. Scott
    16. Alvaro
    17. Edwards

    When Gutherson is back I actually see Hoffman as the player missing out. There is hot competition for spots and some good players will miss out, with French to wing. I think Jennings will defend at Centre and attack at Wing

    Not a Para fan but I'd like to see a backline like this

    1.Will Smith
    2.Bevan French
    3.Michael Jennings
    4.Jarryd hayne
    5.Clinton Gutherson
    6.Mitchell Moses
    7.Corey Norman

    interchangable with Gutho and Smith in the No.1 and wing
    avatar
    Buramada

    Posts : 56
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2017-12-11

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Buramada on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    Not a Para fan but I'd like to see a backline like this

    1.Will Smith
    2.Bevan French
    3.Michael Jennings
    4.Jarryd hayne
    5.Clinton Gutherson
    6.Mitchell Moses
    7.Corey Norman

    interchangable with Gutho and Smith in the No.1 and wing

    Ayee.

    Edited my post after you commented. Yes I think this approach is better
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9664
    Reputation : 1575
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 pm

    @Buramada wrote:

    Ayee.

    Edited my post after you commented. Yes I think this approach is better

    That's a fucking scary backline to deal with, if Moses and Norman can continue to grow with the additions of Evans in the forwards, I mean the pack is a bit thin on quality depth they will rack up some points against lesser teams
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5737
    Reputation : 1688
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Milchcow on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:46 pm

    @BroncHose wrote:Hey lads,



    Anyways - Milch, how does one refresh the data in your team planner on a mac?

    Google tells me is is  + =


    or assuming you have the same ribbons as on PC - under Formulas bar there is an option to "Calculate Now"
    avatar
    BroncHose

    Posts : 974
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by BroncHose on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:57 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Google tells me is is  + =


    or assuming you have the same ribbons as on PC - under Formulas bar there is an option to "Calculate Now"

    Thanks mate - sorry. I shoulda googled it.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9664
    Reputation : 1575
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 pm

    Welshys Player Profile



    Player: Ethan Lowe
    Club: North Queensland Cowboys
    Position: 2RF
    Cost: $606,000
    2015 average: 47
    2016 average: 48
    2017 average: 41
    2017 minutes average: 69
    Handsomeness rating: 1.5/5 Mitch Aubbussons (aliceband wearing motherfucker)

    Ethan Lowe had major offseason neck surgery last offseason and Green eased him back into action, averaging just 55 minutes up until R11 and averaging 37 over that period. Lowe often gets fantasy coaches backs up when he constantly acts as JT’s dummy runner, with JT back will he perform that duty again? To be fair to Lowe he is solid as a rock
    points average 2017 when playing 70+ minutes: 45 (15 games)
    2017 Low Score when playing 70+ minutes R23 27, High Score: R20 64 (1 try)

    Wrap up

    Lowe is the Cowboys 80 minute man but he sometimes suffers from tackle everything in sight syndrome and falls off tackles trying to do too much, he does go under 35 pretty often (5 times in the 15 games he played 70+ minutes) his average playing 80 is a few points above where he is priced so definite value there, He won’t be in my squad purely on the basis he wears a fucking headband.

    predicted 2018 avg – 45-48 points

    Beer Beer Beer
    3/5
    Welshy Beers
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 4129
    Reputation : 997
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 pm

    With the rumours of Thurston and Morgan swapping that may only benefit Lowe as I think Morgan will give him more ball.

    I agree with you Welshy that Lowe will be the 80min man with Cooper. I think it'll be Scott and Tolo who get less mins this year
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 5317
    Reputation : 790
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by wolfking on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 pm

    @mulvy wrote:Zero tackle's Parramatta Rd 1 team:

    2018 Predicted Lineup
    1.Clinton Gutherson
    2.Bevan French
    3.Michael Jennings
    4.Brad Takairangi
    5.Josh Hoffman
    6.Mitchell Moses
    7.Corey Norman
    8.Nathan Brown
    9.Kaysa Pritchard
    10.Tim Mannah ©️
    11.Manu Ma’u
    12.Tepai Moeroa
    13.Beau Scott
    INTERCHANGE
    14.Cameron King
    15.Kane Evans
    16.Daniel Alvaro
    17.Kenny Edwards

    Surely Brown keeps his lock position. He was outstanding in both real life and fantasy.

    These guys are on crack.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 5317
    Reputation : 790
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by wolfking on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:51 pm

    Ethan Lowe was my favourite player in 2014 and 2015 and he was a gun. The neck injury certainly affected his real life and fantasy performance, but I may be tempted to roll with him this year. I think he'll be back to his best. And he for sure will be 80 minutes with Cooper with Scott and Tolo less minutes and Hess to stay on the bench.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9664
    Reputation : 1575
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 pm

    @wolfking wrote:Ethan Lowe was my favourite player in 2014 and 2015 and he was a gun.  The neck injury certainly affected his real life and fantasy performance, but I may be tempted to roll with him this year.  I think he'll be back to his best.  And he for sure will be 80 minutes with Cooper with Scott and Tolo less minutes and Hess to stay on the bench.

    just a tad below gun level mate 48 average in 2016 is highest yearly average
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 5317
    Reputation : 790
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by wolfking on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:58 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    just a tad below gun level mate 48 average in 2016 is highest yearly average

    Hmmm....must have been the rookie fantasy player in me then. Still love him as a player, digs in.

      Current date/time is Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:46 pm