NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Some fallen players have some juicy prices and will be even more over the coming weeks. What do we need to see from these guys to consider them trade ins?

Gallen down 189k with more to come
    Thurston down 93k with more to come
    Ethan Lowe down 183k with more to come
    Uate down 216k almost at base price
    Capewell down 162k close to the bottom
    Rapana down 165k probably as low as he gets
    TMM down 224k probably needs an injury to be relevant
    Mann down 248k probably one injury away
    Lamb down 253k with more to come
    Peats down 143k with more to come
    Vaughan down 102k probably needs an injury
    JDB down 107k probably needs an injury
    Roberts down 74k Could be at his low point
    Cordner down 118k could be close to bottom
    Holmes down 199k and on the way back up

Yep, McInnes and Pearce also on my watch list. Very close to jumping on Pearce this week
    Moose
    Moose

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Moose Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:50 am

Pearce only has one score over 42 this year. Sure he is cheap but he is cheap for a reason. He has been scoring like shit.
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 am

I don't really get the su'a love. Before this last game where he got a try, 6 tb's and an lb (assume most of these came from the one play) he got 19 in 71 minutes against the knights. I've gone griffin > Gosiewski, Won't score big but i expect mid 35-40 or so with potentisl to get better. (If levi isn't named then will reverse and punt lodge out
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Some fallen players have some juicy prices and will be even more over the coming weeks. What do we need to see from these guys to consider them trade ins?

Gallen down 189k with more to come
    Thurston down 93k with more to come
    Ethan Lowe down 183k with more to come
    Uate down 216k almost at base price
    Capewell down 162k close to the bottom
    Rapana down 165k probably as low as he gets
    TMM down 224k probably needs an injury to be relevant
    Mann down 248k probably one injury away
    Lamb down 253k with more to come
    Peats down 143k with more to come
    Vaughan down 102k probably needs an injury
    JDB down 107k probably needs an injury
    Roberts down 74k Could be at his low point
    Cordner down 118k could be close to bottom
    Holmes down 199k and on the way back up

Gallen and JT certainly on the radar for me!

Gallen in particular should be massive value just as round 13 is coming up (depending on how long he is out for). If he get's eased back into things he could end up being priced below $600k. Given his 3 game average prior to getting injured was ~50 that's a nice 10 points of value for a starter and a round 13 player who you could make money off before trading to a round 17 gun. If everything falls into place that seems like a pretty good option to me.

JT could certainly dip below $500k over the next couple games too. If you could pick him up somewhere in the $475 to $500k range he could also be another candidate for the above style bye planning. He is a bit of a riskier prospect though. Gallen's price dip is artificial, due to the injury related 8 score, whereas JT's price purely reflects how he is tracking at this point. You'd be banking on some kind of turn-around with him/the Cowboys which does seem entirely plausible.

No-one else really jumps out at me although Uate could be a cashout option given he has the potential to bag a couple of tries, plays 13, and as you say is near bottom dollar. I can only see him as an option if there are no obvious CCs on offer at a time you want to cash someone out though and less he has another sub 15 point game this week, you'd think next week would be when he bottoms out.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:55 am

Who's the best of the new Sharks cheapies? Or are there any other better base/near base price (under 235k) options? If i go Doueihi to a <$235k cash-out, I can bring in Surgess for Griffin.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:57 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Yeah Dufty is definitely a hold for a few weeks at least which is why hes so low. I used averages but there's more to Dufty than just that for me.

Proiblem for me is that if I give any of Ponga, Turbo, Tedesco or Edwards the attacking stats Dufty has I'd expect a lot better than:

- 3 tries for 81
    - 2 tries for 46
    - 1 try for 29

Also has
    - 41, 28 and 32 in games without tries. (the 28 came with 6 TBs)

Dufty is in the best team with an awesome forward pack. He will have more opportunities but his role in the team will lead to some quiet weeks too. Stuck behind Hunt and Widdop who are dominant playmakers and the dragons have strong finishers (Aitken) outside him. Similar to their forwards there aren't enough points to go round. The others I mentioned are all far more important to their team overall than Dufty is to the dragons.

Ponga has the goalkicking and is a big part of Newcastles offence. TBs are almost a base stat for the guy. Always involved
    Turbo - effectively playing as a half (Croker dissapears) and as a dangerous fullback - more potential
    Tedesco - Has been super average (fantasy wise) and is still 3rd best WFB....... If it ever clicks at the chooks expect him to kick into another gear.
    Edwards -  More central to the panthers offense. Turbo lite to me as he can facilitate and is a dangerous runner.
    RTS - Not sold personally on RTS but rate him higher than Dufty on sheer size and attacking prowess. Similar player that goes missing some weeks and has dangerous runners like Kata outside him
    Mbye - Goalkicking and a getting half playmaking and kick metres while playing fullback. Floor in a full game this season is 40+.

You can definitely hold and hope for a good game short term but what are the odds the dragons continue undefeated this season and outscoring all their opponents by 19 points a game? Not doubting that all these guys will have another big game at some point but the script has been mint for Dufty so far compared to all the others and hes still in the 2nd tier? I expect the dragons strong form to continue but just cant see him as a keeper despite the great start.

But its a great play for now and he certainly could have another big week or two soon that keeps the Dufty train going longer. Certainly wouldn't jump off now and who knows. By rd 12 the dragons might be even better ( affraid ) and Dufty could be more integral than he is now.

Gah, I had a big post typed up but lost it.

Boiled down version:
    - Agree - I like Dufty, if I had him I'd be holding him Very Happy
    - I'm big on Edwards and he will be coming into my team when Thommo needs to move on. Round 13 (unless something blows up)
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Yeah Dufty is definitely a hold for a few weeks at least which is why hes so low. I used averages but there's more to Dufty than just that for me.

Proiblem for me is that if I give any of Ponga, Turbo, Tedesco or Edwards the attacking stats Dufty has I'd expect a lot better than:

- 3 tries for 81
    - 2 tries for 46
    - 1 try for 29

Also has

Dufty is in the best team with an awesome forward pack. He will have more opportunities but his role in the team will lead to some quiet weeks too. Stuck behind Hunt and Widdop who are dominant playmakers and the dragons have strong finishers (Aitken) outside him. Similar to their forwards there aren't enough points to go round. The others I mentioned are all far more important to their team overall than Dufty is to the dragons.

Ponga has the goalkicking and is a big part of Newcastles offence. TBs are almost a base stat for the guy. Always involved
    Turbo - effectively playing as a half (Croker dissapears) and as a dangerous fullback - more potential
    Tedesco - Has been super average (fantasy wise) and is still 3rd best WFB....... If it ever clicks at the chooks expect him to kick into another gear.
    Edwards -  More central to the panthers offense. Turbo lite to me as he can facilitate and is a dangerous runner.
    RTS - Not sold personally on RTS but rate him higher than Dufty on sheer size and attacking prowess. Similar player that goes missing some weeks and has dangerous runners like Kata outside him
    Mbye - Goalkicking and a getting half playmaking and kick metres while playing fullback. Floor in a full game this season is 40+.

You can definitely hold and hope for a good game short term but what are the odds the dragons continue undefeated this season and outscoring all their opponents by 19 points a game? Not doubting that all these guys will have another big game at some point but the script has been mint for Dufty so far compared to all the others and hes still in the 2nd tier? I expect the dragons strong form to continue but just cant see him as a keeper despite the great start.

But its a great play for now and he certainly could have another big week or two soon that keeps the Dufty train going longer. Certainly wouldn't jump off now and who knows. By rd 12 the dragons might be even better ( affraid ) and Dufty could be more integral than he is now.

Great post! You're right, he's just not getting enough involvement to warrant being a top WFB choice but he's doing enough to maintain his price for now.
    For me, in my squad - there are far bigger leaks to patch up at this stage.

I don't see myself selling Dufty til a lot closer to round 13.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

- 3 tries for 81
    - 2 tries for 46
    - 1 try for 29

Also has

Oh man, now you're making me second guess my Dufty>SJ master trade. I rate him as a player, but fantasy wise he leaves me wanting more compared to the others. Dufty+Mbye doesn't sound as good as SJ+Thompson... both of which sound better than starting JMK haha.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 am

Gallen down 189k with more to come - With a few more games to drop and some certainty around his minutes I'll take a shot at a cut price keeper later if he gets 55 minutes. The latest drop puts risk reward enough on my side
    Thurston down 93k with more to come - Haven't watched the last 2 cowboys games but if I see 2 good consecutive games and I'll take a shot but I have weak halves. It'd be more hope he'll come good than feeling great about it
    Ethan Lowe down 183k with more to come - role change for him with Hess taking his spot. Can't see him in my team unless hes down 300k and gets the starting spot back for the foreseeable future
    Uate down 216k almost at base price - Based on the weekend that's a no from me. Tempting for sure though. Will add to the watch list Smile I'd need to be pretty desperate for a cash out.
    Capewell down 162k close to the bottom - Doubt we will get the injury news we need for me to feel confident in taking him. Still a high BE this week so maybe not enough injury weeks to generate the cash before hes back to his low scoring role. 5-6 weeks of game time and I'll take him next week I guess
    Rapana down 165k probably as low as he gets - I'd hope for a few more drops to feel safe (one bad game this week) but he's mighty tempting already
    TMM down 224k probably needs an injury to be relevant - Agree
    Mann down 248k probably one injury away - - Agree
    Lamb down 253k with more to come - Juicy rd 13 trade in. But with Pearce next to him I'm not convinced there is that much cash in him. Also running out of time fast with Watson surely to return before you'd likely get full value. 2 solid games with some attacking threat and I'd take a chance
    Peats down 143k with more to come - Role change. If Rein is on the bench this is the new normal. Not interested barring a team change
    Vaughan down 102k probably needs an injury - Probably a pass. Not enough points for all the guys in that pack
    JDB down 107k probably needs an injury - Probably a pass. Not enough points for all the guys in that pack
    Roberts down 74k Could be at his low point - Low priority trade in to get a centre IMO. Won't be upset if hes 100k higher when I buy him in 10ish rds
    Cordner down 118k could be close to bottom - Doesn't have Gallens pedigree and don't see as a keeper. 200k as a cow would tempt me. Say one more bad (HIA?) affected score and I'd take a look
    Holmes down 199k and on the way back up - Got him last week as a POD cow. Involvement needs to pick up but praying for a big score and relying on his talent

Great list Smile Rapana and Gallen are the picks I'll track more closely.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:13 am

Milchcow wrote:
    What are you expecting from Su'a? Prior to his try last week he was averaging 19 points from the bench.
    If he goes back to that he'll make you $50k profit.

Needs to be starting before you would consider him.

the situation has very much changed though, an 80 minute player has been lost and he seems to be a big part of the back-up plan, was averaging 19 off the bench in a 20-25 minute role, he keeps playing 50 minutes off the bench and there's money there to be made, there was the game against the Knights where he scored 19 in 71, but thats was on the back of -12 in the negatives column, considering he's averaging less than -2 per game in negatives otherwise, i'm willing to chalk that up as a bad night brought on by the very late change.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

- Havili should be in reserves over Sua. I value consistency and don't think Sua will be as dangerous vs the storm (warriors have a few missed tackles in them)
    - Scott is a good call this week (MEL vs BNE) but over the next 4 I think Isaako is fine to fill there instead. Set and forget CTRs ahead of any other position is a luxury trade. Scott is 50k more and averages 5 less than Isaako anyway. Sideways until Melbourne is shown to be playing well consistently.
    - I'd probably single trade Rochow to Gosie instead. Plays 13 with similar potential and $s unless you are certain where the broncos minutes are with Sua getting 40+.

Thanks for your thoughts rant. I will reverse the trades and start again. Maybe just the one trade will do this week. Team actually looks pretty good with no trades, just need some money ITB to fund the gun upgrades soon.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:42 am

I agree that Pearce is not a buy. People were talking about him last week also which baffled me.
    Here is my anti-Pearce rant:

He is averaging 18 points from kick metres and 14 points from tackles- and whilst 32 points (28 after MT) is not a bad base for a half, he is not showing the attacking stats he needs to improve on this. This season he has also found a reliable 1 TA/LBA almost every game (actually up from 2017!); but only 4 Tbs and 0 Lbs all season is a huge worry (he had chalked up 12/2 by this point in 2017). His KM is about the same as last year (19 point average after round 6), but his tackle numbers are down a bit, having found 20 points per game for the first 6 rounds at the Roosters last season. He probably cannot make any improvement in his KM, already being par with 2017, and he has never been paired with a 5/8 who has stolen more than 100kms off him in any match. I also think he has enough games this season for a sample size that shows he will not be finding the extra 6 tackles per game (all games range 12-18)- his defensive job at Newcastle is simply very different to the Roosters. So if there is improvement I think it really has to come from attacking stats. Let's not forget that he scored 7 tries last year to boost his scores.

tl;dr
    Without his lone 60 score he would average 38.4; he is priced at 46.3 with a season average of 42.8
    With a BE of 46, Pearce is really quite a horrible buy at the moment.

Definitely a wait-and-see for whether his scores improve, and not before then.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks the Pearce insights gents. Great info. I'll stick him on my 'wait and see' list for now
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:58 am

Stuffness wrote:I don't really get the su'a love. Before this last game where he got a try, 6 tb's and an lb (assume most of these came from the one play) he got 19 in 71 minutes against the knights. I've gone griffin > Gosiewski, Won't score big but i expect mid 35-40 or so with potentisl to get better. (If levi isn't named then will reverse and punt lodge out

Not getting him because of one game of 19 in 71 minutes is similar to saying no one should have gotten rochow because he scored a 14 in round 3.

Not saying Sua is a must have but he's shown enough that he could score consistent 30s if he gets the minutes which means he will make money. At the moment people are looking for a cash out and there aren't many other options. IF sua starts then he is worth it.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:03 am

Stuffness wrote:I don't really get the su'a love. Before this last game where he got a try, 6 tb's and an lb (assume most of these came from the one play) he got 19 in 71 minutes against the knights. I've gone griffin > Gosiewski, Won't score big but i expect mid 35-40 or so with potentisl to get better. (If levi isn't named then will reverse and punt lodge out

This is the 1 trade I'm planning on this week.

Would you get Smith back or save cash and aim for 2 rd 13 guns next week ie Surgess Crichton (probably need another cash out this week to afford)

Prefer latter
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 am

People who are looking at Pearce should consider B.Hampton.

Seems to have locked down that spot, and isn't sucking anywhere near as hard as he used to. Downside, you've missed out on the price gains. Upside plays rd 13 and I think Dpp?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 am

I've been looking at Kodi to Pearce in 1 trade, but that was before Fifita and Arrow decided to add themselves to the injury list in addition to Brown.

Think I'll just pay up and get SJ and deal with the headache when Pearce starts hitting form again.

Su'a will probably find his way into my team this week. Think he'll get enough minutes to average 35+ even off the bench. Would prefer to play him if I have to aswell over guys like Croker, Gosie or Kennar/Isaako
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:19 am

Fortitude wrote:People who are looking at Pearce should consider B.Hampton.

Seems to have locked down that spot, and isn't sucking anywhere near as hard as he used to. Downside, you've missed out on the price gains. Upside plays rd 13 and I think Dpp?

Hampton is interesting. Played at CTR? How many points did he get from try. 27 in base stats
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 am

Anybody else suspicious that the Kikau train is pulling into the station in 1-2 weeks?
    Averaging 38.7 for games without tries, priced at 37.5
    I know he was put on the wing last week and that affected his scoring, but all that really affirms is that he has some Aubbs Love -esque flexibility within his team, which is never great for fantasy.
    Obviously I am not condoning an immediate tradeout, RFM gave a good example of why jumping the gun can be detrimental, and Kikau will still find a few tries yet this season. One in the next couple weeks can easily jump start his price rises again.

But another <40 or two will pretty much cap him out at about 600k, which I am beginning to think is his price point. Probably a sell in round 9 or 10 unless he finds a big game.
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 am

White Lightning wrote:tbh I might go Koroisau over Matterson if Koroisau is going to play 80 minutes.

Will he play 80? 66 on weekend without hasting.

It’s either Koroisau or Matterson.

What do we thing about SOO changes for both?

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:50 pm