NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

filthridden
    filthridden

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by filthridden Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Mearcats wrote:Some xiaolongbao, sichuan cucumber and jiao zi for lunch here lads! Delish! Ok, recharged and ready to go again.

fuckin' love me some xiao long bao.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by White Lightning Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:15 pm

danseels1985 wrote:@Mearcats thanks mate I always value your opinion,yeah I'm leaning towards bringing Surgess in and I'm willing to give TPJ another week. I've got everything crossed that Murray is back this week and Fifita not long after as I don't want to have to trade out and then back in again!

Flannagan just said on nrl360 that Fifita hasn't done his acl & could only miss 1 game.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Mearcats wrote:Ok, take two...

Trade Outs?-
    1. Kennar - Exactly as advertised preseason. Needs tries to sustain decent scores. Came back to earth with a 14 last week with a BE of 22 and big scores start dropping soon. I wouldn't say "needs" tries, had a 30+ score in rd2 without one but definitely helps. For me is in the same boat as Isaako last week. He's one decent score away from kick starting his scoring but will that score come. IMO, one week hold. A trade but not urgent. Hold.
    2. Doughy - Danger to lose cash playing small minutes in the number 14 jumper. Wasting a spot in a 21 man team praying for an injury is paving bad fantasy karma.A trade. Which shits me! I HATE trading negative BE players but he is either gonna bleed all his cash off playing from the bench or just chew up a bench spot for you (and the Ribbitohs) by not playing at all! Trade.
    3. Lodge - At a 35 score for the next 3 weeks he makes 2k. Peaked cow who doesn't play 13. Scores are consistent but aren't exciting enough to hope there is more. Infected ass. Possibly carrying an injury but I feel I'm just using that as an excuse to hold him. His ceiling so far is 51 and even if he scored that every week for the next three weeks he'd only make 80ish k. Not gonna happen. I will have to hold one more week due to more pressing issues (like feckin Inglis). Otherwise, Trade but not urgent.
    4. Griffin / Rochow - Both play 13 but subpar scores last weekend may drop some cash on their way to rd13. Is the rd13 score reason enough with limited cash to come good enough?Why bother carrying a midranger when you can have a probable gun that plays 13 in Surgess? Especially if they show signs of losing cash? Trade.
    5. Hiku - ..................... NZ lost on the weekend and Hiku will be replaced by Beale in an effort to right the ship. Hold. Hiku looks frail defensively and has a rubbish technique which means he misses a lot of tackles. But, he only has a BE of 28 which he should cover in base stats. Last week was the first week he went sub 100mts (last weeks 82 was about 60 less than his average) and he was playing in a spot where Oates decided to make him his batty boy. Should be sharper this week, albeit against an undefeated Dragons outfit. Hold for mine.  
    6. LCroker - Plays the ball backwards......... Is pretty much averaging his breakeven. Doesn't look to have a big score in him. Plays rd 13 but who wants 15 points? Trade. I got off him two weeks ago. He's a definite trade.
    7. Inglis - Playing slow and not looking sharp. Has rested on his laurels with QLD selection guaranteed. People have Hiku and other options while GIs cash could be used elsewhere. Trade. Unfortunately, in that position any trade is going to be sideways or require bank to upgrade to Aitken or a keeper. No obvious cash cows at the moment though a possibility that that will chance with Penny losing Mansour. Regardless, Inglis = Trade.
    8. TPJ - Wayne has realised that he should use fantasy scores to determine starting minutes. Macca, Sua, Ofa, Lodge, Glenn and Thiday to start ahead of him next week. I think he's a hold. At least for another week. Kinda depends on Broncs team list but if it's favourable he's a hold. If you have really good depth across your FRF 2RF then could downgrade him to a Gosi.Su'a type but I'd be happy with a one week hold.
    9. Dufty - Relied on tries to get two mediocre scores in the last 2 weeks. Not looking to be a keeper and his big score will dropout soon. Plays 13 though. Different one cos many will disagree with this statement but I don't think he'll be a top 5 WFB which means he ain't a keeper. The buy low sell high rule dictates that you should sell a peaked non keeper and he has peaked. Statistically he's slightly under priced but that's due to the 81 being in there. Will drop out in a two weeks. IMO Trade.
    10. Thompson - After a great run he has likely reached peak value. Plays rd 13 and spot seems secure enough but probably isnt a keeper like more premium options Another interesting one but a hold for me. At least for this week. He is definitely close and has made a tonne of cash but will hold for this week to see what he can do. Would be nice to ride him all the way through to 13 if possible but I won't let a cow run dry. BE should be achievable this week at least.

Good write up. Dufty doesn’t play 13 though.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 pm

@White Lightning that's good to hear buddy,really hope that is the case!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm

You're welcome @danseels1985, always happy to help out where I can
    deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

Post by deathbywarriors Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Mearcats wrote:Ok, take two...

Trade Outs?-
    1. Kennar - Exactly as advertised preseason. Needs tries to sustain decent scores. Came back to earth with a 14 last week with a BE of 22 and big scores start dropping soon. I wouldn't say "needs" tries, had a 30+ score in rd2 without one but definitely helps. For me is in the same boat as Isaako last week. He's one decent score away from kick starting his scoring but will that score come. IMO, one week hold. A trade but not urgent. Hold.
    2. Doughy - Danger to lose cash playing small minutes in the number 14 jumper. Wasting a spot in a 21 man team praying for an injury is paving bad fantasy karma.A trade. Which shits me! I HATE trading negative BE players but he is either gonna bleed all his cash off playing from the bench or just chew up a bench spot for you (and the Ribbitohs) by not playing at all! Trade.
    3. Lodge - At a 35 score for the next 3 weeks he makes 2k. Peaked cow who doesn't play 13. Scores are consistent but aren't exciting enough to hope there is more. Infected ass. Possibly carrying an injury but I feel I'm just using that as an excuse to hold him. His ceiling so far is 51 and even if he scored that every week for the next three weeks he'd only make 80ish k. Not gonna happen. I will have to hold one more week due to more pressing issues (like feckin Inglis). Otherwise, Trade but not urgent.
    4. Griffin / Rochow - Both play 13 but subpar scores last weekend may drop some cash on their way to rd13. Is the rd13 score reason enough with limited cash to come good enough?Why bother carrying a midranger when you can have a probable gun that plays 13 in Surgess? Especially if they show signs of losing cash? Trade.
    5. Hiku - ..................... NZ lost on the weekend and Hiku will be replaced by Beale in an effort to right the ship. Hold. Hiku looks frail defensively and has a rubbish technique which means he misses a lot of tackles. But, he only has a BE of 28 which he should cover in base stats. Last week was the first week he went sub 100mts (last weeks 82 was about 60 less than his average) and he was playing in a spot where Oates decided to make him his batty boy. Should be sharper this week, albeit against an undefeated Dragons outfit. Hold for mine.  
    6. LCroker - Plays the ball backwards......... Is pretty much averaging his breakeven. Doesn't look to have a big score in him. Plays rd 13 but who wants 15 points? Trade. I got off him two weeks ago. He's a definite trade.
    7. Inglis - Playing slow and not looking sharp. Has rested on his laurels with QLD selection guaranteed. People have Hiku and other options while GIs cash could be used elsewhere. Trade. Unfortunately, in that position any trade is going to be sideways or require bank to upgrade to Aitken or a keeper. No obvious cash cows at the moment though a possibility that that will chance with Penny losing Mansour. Regardless, Inglis = Trade.
    8. TPJ - Wayne has realised that he should use fantasy scores to determine starting minutes. Macca, Sua, Ofa, Lodge, Glenn and Thiday to start ahead of him next week. I think he's a hold. At least for another week. Kinda depends on Broncs team list but if it's favourable he's a hold. If you have really good depth across your FRF 2RF then could downgrade him to a Gosi.Su'a type but I'd be happy with a one week hold.
    9. Dufty - Relied on tries to get two mediocre scores in the last 2 weeks. Not looking to be a keeper and his big score will dropout soon. Plays 13 though. Different one cos many will disagree with this statement but I don't think he'll be a top 5 WFB which means he ain't a keeper. The buy low sell high rule dictates that you should sell a peaked non keeper and he has peaked. Statistically he's slightly under priced but that's due to the 81 being in there. Will drop out in a two weeks. IMO Trade.
    10. Thompson - After a great run he has likely reached peak value. Plays rd 13 and spot seems secure enough but probably isnt a keeper like more premium options Another interesting one but a hold for me. At least for this week. He is definitely close and has made a tonne of cash but will hold for this week to see what he can do. Would be nice to ride him all the way through to 13 if possible but I won't let a cow run dry. BE should be achievable this week at least.

Great writeup, although I don't think Hiku will lose his spot while Kata is out injured.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 pm

I also don't think Hiku will lose his spot, let's call that a "bold prediction" from Cap'n Ranta. My stuff was only the bold stuff.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:34 pm

@filthridden, I've just discovered a Chinese joint up the road from me that I've walked past a hundred times but due to not being able to read Chinese never knew what it was. Turns out it's the best fuckin dumpling joint ever! Was there for 6hours on Saturday drinking gong cha (tea) with the owner and smashing copious plates of dumplings. Bill at the end came to 76rmb. About $15 aud
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Has anyone considered Ersan Marsters? Interested to hear thoughts.

I've been thinking about bringing him in for Kennar to partner Mitchell and hopefully forget about ctrs for a while.
    Plays rd 13, has useful dpp, kicks goals(apparently?) and solid base stats otherwise it would seem.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 pm

@Honey Badger Copley any more trap than Inglis? Copley has 2 scores less than 30 versus Inglis of 5. Inglis also I'm not a fan of the previous gun theory with the likes of Bromwich and Graham springing to mind. Copley is safer IMO. Not that I'll be getting either of them, but the way he's going, he'll be okay at that centre spot comparatively. Just an out of the box suggestion if anyone is game on some risk lol
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Masters very much a below the radar achiever mate. I'm out and on my phone so can't get a whole lot of statistical information for ya but from what I've seen he's looked impressive. Think the biggest thing with him is that you've missed most of his rises now. That being said, if you don't care about the money, you're mor interested in a set and forget ctr you could do a lot worse!
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:43 pm

The Hastings news makes me want to bring Koroisau in even more.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 pm

So I have a question. With lots of cows peaking now. You need to cash them out. Is it too early to consider trading them out for NPRs. With the new system even someone scoring crap could have long term value, or do you need to target cashcows still.

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Random wrote:So I have a question. With lots of cows peaking now. You need to cash them out. Is it too early to consider trading them out for NPRs. With the new system even someone scoring crap could have long term value, or do you need to target cashcows still.

Trading in NPR's just screws you over for round 13 and 17.
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Mearcats wrote:Masters very much a below the radar achiever mate. I'm out and on my phone so can't get a whole lot of statistical information for ya but from what I've seen he's looked impressive. Think the biggest thing with him is that you've missed most of his rises now. That being said, if you don't care about the money, you're mor interested in a set and forget ctr you could do a lot worse!

thanks mate, always interested to hear your thoughts when or if you get time.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:57 pm

my tv broke wrote:Lolo only played 46 minutes last week, why is that?

I keep confusing your new avatar for Trajan out of the corner of my eye........it’s no random finch debacle but the shapes are very similar for an old fart on a phone!
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:59 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Lodge to Gosiewski
    Rochow to Sua

Lodge to Su'a??
    I suspect Rochow has more money to make.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Do only trade I'm thinking of is Griffin > Gos/Sua.

Don't know how much weighting to put on a Rd13 cashy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:07 pm

My trades this week will probably be:
    Lodge & Griffin out - Gosiewski & Matterson in

Cook (c)
    Arrow, Kikau
    Jurbo, Murray (if fit), RFM
    DCE, Maloney
    Mitchell, Kennar
    Tedesco, Ponga, Thompson

Smith, Matterson, JFH, Rochow
    Su'a, Gosiewski, Isaako, Doueihi

danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Lodge to Gosiewski
    Rochow to Surgess locked in. Fingers crossed no more trades needed next week but soon I'm looking to go TPJ to Koro which would require cashing out Thompson/Isaako/Kennar to Katoa if he makes a return shortly. This would leave my team looking like this(haven't given much thought to bye planning,just want to get my team as strong as possible ASAP). Would like to get rid of Isaako or Kennar before Thompson but not sure if I will have enough cash(only time will tell)

Smith
    Fifita Surgess
    Murray Arrow RFM
    DCE Koro
    Mitchell Isaako
    Tedesco Ponga Mbye

Cook
    JFH
    Kikau
    Gosiewski

JMK
    Thompson/Kennar/Isaako
    Katoa
    Fine

That's the plan anyway(I'm sure things will change)

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 pm