NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 am

Sammy Burgess looking like a good pickup soon.

Do I start getting in as many Rd 13 players as possible between now and origin? Or is there still time to wait. Want to give myself the best chance of capitalising on my current rank of 150.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Post by RandomSil Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:23 am

Milchcow wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

hmmm.. I could:

A) deal with the fact I have maloney/inglis/isaako in my 13 and no cover, or

B) use one trade to go someone like griffin to fifita.. and then whinge about those three above again next week Basketball

I have Maloney and Inglis in my 17, not too concerned right now.  My scoring has actually picked up th epast 2 weeks.

I think my plan this year is going to be disregard byes for the most part. Just trade hard and get as good a 17 together by round 10 or so, then just hope that I don't lose too much on the bye rounds.

By which logic, I might look at Gallen as an option.

I have JFH as my first trade in today, but I wonder how long he'll stay at lock and if Merrin will come back there.
    Merrin of course being a prime example of why people should ignore "player fittest he's ever been/training the house down" articles every pre-season

I would be concerned Bukuya returns and affects Gallen. I would personally wait, but by then he may make a whole heap of cash.

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 am

As per my post last night.

J. Isaako - BE of 22, unless he gets a big score, he will get close to peaking in the next few weeks.
    P. Godinet - BE of 25. He can reach that, at the same time scored 7 last week. Looks like a trade.
    A. Doueihi - BE of 23, coming from the bench. I wish he was starting and I don't want to trade him. I may have to as he is losing cash.
    L. Croker - BE of 23, he will be losing cash soon. However he is more likely to get a big score and be able to survive a few weeks. Also plays Round 13.

I have C. Thompson and J. Marhsall-King as well, both of them have lower BE's and will continue to make cash.

My main trade out options at this stage are Doueihi (If he is named on the bench.) As well as Godinet, he could score decently again, but he has the highest BE of all four guys above. He should be able to reach that, as I think last week was an outlier, I do need to generate cash.

My main trade targets at this stage are J. Fisher-Harris, N. Cotric, A. Fifita, and S. Johnson (Who is losing cash so can wait.)

Fisher-Harris has to come in this week, he could jump $50k by next week. As Milchcow pointed out there is some concern about Merrin, and the Griffin effect. His cash increase means it is still worth jumping on him.

N. Cotric he has a BE of 38. So I can wait on him at least one week.  One for a trade out, and one for Fisher-Harris. If I cash out one for a bottom price player, then I get close to Isaako -> Cotric depending on prices next week.

A. Fifita he is a gun. I just don't have enough cash flow to grab him. I could look at trading out Whitehead, or Lodge for him though. Lodge has cash to make, and Whitehead I think is a keeper if he stays in the middle of the field and doesn't get shifted anymore.

I am pretty well sold on getting Harris this week, and looking at Cotric/Fifita next week. If I do that I need to make sure I have cash left over. So one of my trade outs have to be for cash.

Best cash out options?

NPR - Means I can devolve into a loophole degenerate.  
    Gosiewski - Plays Round 13, but gives me less cash and makes it harder to make a trade for Fifita/Cotric next week.

Edit: I could just trade S. Griffin + Lodge for Fisher-Harris and Fifita. Then just pray my cheapies don't lose much cash.

Last edited by Random on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 am

Is it crazy to trade Dufty for Mbye, love Duff but he feels like a 30-35 player. Don't rate Mbye but he looks like a consistent 45+ player....

Would fix my halves issue, but means playing Thompson until he can be upgraded in a week or two.

Griffin>JFH like others too. Should've listened to you all last week lol

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 am

RONDA ROUSEY
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 am

Random wrote:As per my post last night.

J. Isaako - BE of 22, unless he gets a big score, he will get close to peaking in the next few weeks.
    P. Godinet - BE of 25. He can reach that, at the same time scored 7 last week. Looks like a trade.
    A. Doueihi - BE of 23, coming from the bench. I wish he was starting and I don't want to trade him. I may have to as he is losing cash.
    L. Croker - BE of 23, he will be losing cash soon. However he is more likely to get a big score and be able to survive a few weeks. Also plays Round 13.

I have C. Thompson and J. Marhsall-King as well, both of them have lower BE's and will continue to make cash.

My main trade out options at this stage are Doueihi (If he is named on the bench.) As well as Godinet, he could score decently again, but he has the highest BE of all four guys above. He should be able to reach that, as I think last week was an outlier, I do need to generate cash.

My main trade targets at this stage are J. Fisher-Harris, N. Cotric, A. Fifita, and S. Johnson (Who is losing cash so can wait.)

Fisher-Harris has to come in this week, he could jump $50k by next week. As Milchcow pointed out there is some concern about Merrin, and the Griffin effect. His cash increase means it is still worth jumping on him.

N. Cotric he has a BE of 38. So I can wait on him at least one week.  One for a trade out, and one for Fisher-Harris. If I cash out one for a bottom price player, then I get close to Isaako -> Cotric depending on prices next week.

A. Fifita he is a gun. I just don't have enough cash flow to grab him. I could look at trading out Whitehead, or Lodge for him though. Lodge has cash to make, and Whitehead I think is a keeper if he stays in the middle of the field and doesn't get shifted anymore.

I am pretty well sold on getting Harris this week, and looking at Cotric/Fifita next week. If I do that I need to make sure I have cash left over. So one of my trade outs have to be for cash.

Best cash out options?

Gosiewski - Plays Round 13, but gives me less cash and makes it harder to make a trade for Fifita/Cotric next week.

Interesting thoughts re Whitehead.  I'm pretty sold on selling him as I think just him moving around into centres too much is just too inconsistent to bank on.  I really like him and would like to keep him but it's hard to see the upside.  He's also only scored 50's with tries and the last two weeks have been underwhelming albeit not his fault with moving around.  I don't see him as a real tackle buster or offloader either so I think there are probably more valuable options out there.

I'm probably gonna do Whitehead -> JFH, seems like a no brainer.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 am

wolfking wrote:

Interesting thoughts re Whitehead.  I'm pretty sold on selling him as I think just him moving around into centres too much is just too inconsistent to bank on.  I really like him and would like to keep him but it's hard to see the upside.  He's also only scored 50's with tries and the last two weeks have been underwhelming albeit not his fault with moving around.  I don't see him as a real tackle buster or offloader either so I think there are probably more valuable options out there.

I went Whitehead to DCE last week, and am considering Cronk to Arrow this week. Mad?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 am

I planned to do Whitehead to Fifita in a single trade...but I'm $19k short Bang
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 am

Just a note, just because someone is peaking in price, doesn't mean you need to rush them out. As long as they maintain their average, they will hover around that price, so you can happily sit there awaiting a big score for a better profit (and hoping they don't put out a -2 to kill their price)

Someone like Doueihi will lose value if he stays on the bench though, so you need to get rid of him, or hope ARey goes down again
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 am

I checked the stats of Raiders vs Dogs just after full time on Thursday, and again after lockout
    This is a sum total of all the stat updates

Aaron Woods - no change
    Adam Elliot - gained 4 run meters
    Aidan Sezer - no change
    Asipeli Fine - lost 1 tackle
    Brett Morris - no change
    Danny Fualalo - no change
    David Klemmer - gained 1 tackle
    Dunamis Lui - no change
    Elliott Whitehead - lost 1 tackle and 2 run meters
    Greg Eastwood - lost 1 missed tackle, gained 10 run meters
    Jarrod Croker - no change
    Jeremy Marshall-King - gained 1 TB and 12 run meters
    Jordan Rapana - gained 2 run meters
    Joseph Leilua - gained 8 run meters
    Joseph Tapine - gained 1 run meter
    Josh Jackson - lost 1 run meter
    Josh Morris - gained 1 TB and 15 run meters
    Junior Paulo - no change
    Kerrod Holland - no change
    Kieran Foran - gained 1 TB and 2 run meters
    Liam Knight - gained 6 run meters
    Luke Bateman - no change
    Ma'afoaeata Hingano - no change
    Marcelo Montoya - no change
    Michael Lichaa - no change
    Michael Oldfield - no change
    Moses Mbye - no change
    Nick Cotric - lost 1 TB
    Raymond Faitala-Mariner - no change
    Sam Williams - lost 1 kick meter
    Shannon Boyd - no change
    Sia Soliola - gained 4 run meters
    Siliva Havili - no change
    Will Hopoate - gained 5 run meters

I find it strange that, other than run meters, they pretty much leave every stat untouched, yet they went to the hassle of adjusting Sam Williams kick meters downwards by 1m.

edit: note that any praise for the accuracy of the live stats should be directed to STATS, who do the stats collection. Fanhub have nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Milchcow on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:02 am

Really wish someone could loan me 20k haha

Isaako > JFH would be a luxury right now
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:02 am

Reklaw wrote:Is it crazy to trade Dufty for Mbye, love Duff but he feels like a 30-35 player. Don't rate Mbye but he looks like a consistent 45+ player....

Would fix my halves issue, but means playing Thompson until he can be upgraded in a week or two.

Griffin>JFH like others too. Should've listened to you all last week lol

If you need to strengthen your halves then go for it. Dufty has been a handy player but struggles to get involved enough to b a keeper.

Do you have cash to get DCE of SJ rather than Mbye?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am

@Random I'm thinking along the same lines as you atm. Can't afford Fifita yet, but a double trade of my views on a week or two should be the go. I think JFH is a give in at Lock but not confident he stays there...
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:14 am

I can see L Croker getting a "rest" soon. Has had a couple of HIA's and how long until Hastings gets a go. Dont understand why Api moved to 6 when Croker went off.

Also since I like talking about Manly players i thought Gosiewski showed a lot promise for a downgrade option who plays rd 13. He didnt get a big score but played 50 mins.

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:16 am

wolfking wrote:

If I go Whitehead -> JFH I have two options, bring in Fifita for Griffin/Lodge, or wait a week and cash out one of my cows.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:17 am

I'm surprised that Gosiewski got so many mins. I know they are injury ravaged but...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:24 am

Random wrote:As per my post last night.

Best cash out options?

Good write up there, have similar thoughts myself after running some numbers this morning (When i as going to have a break haha)
    Both look like options at this stage with Fifita almost being a luxury due to Arrow/JFH/Kikau performing well in the FRF slot.
    Cotric can wait a week too potentially.
    Hopefully some more cash outs become available tomorrow too but won't get my hopes up

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:29 am

Are we really looking at having 16-17 players in each bye round?

I'd be happy to have 14-15 in each
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:32 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Are we really looking at having 16-17 players in each bye round?

I'd be happy to have 14-15 in both.

Can't do it without spending a tonne of trades, avoiding origin players like the plague, and getting luck with injuries.

Even 15 a week will be tough I think.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 am

Gosiewski charged by judiciary but can't open nrl link to see what for..

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 pm