NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 pm

Yeah what has Roberts done? I seriously haven't seen anything in the media about him apart from his drinking/partying issues

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

Happy to give him a chance this season to prove himself but it's completely different going from reserve grade/under 20s to the NRL so we'll see how he develops this season.

I remember his debut game through the origin period played the whole 80 at 18 or 19 and barely missed any tackles from memory. Didn't look like he would tire out
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:29 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Yeah what has Roberts done? I seriously haven't seen anything in the media about him apart from his drinking/partying issues

you dont get sacked from two clubs just for drinking unless the have banned you from drinking, which is an issue within its self .. there must have been other issues that come with it.
    from memory in his first season at the broncos he was allegedly choked out by a bouncer - i guess thats a partying issue, then there was the accusation that he pulled a girls hair or something like that and abused her verbally, and magically the video footage went missing from it. Then a stint in rehab between - or something like that.

with lodge

I have accepted that he will be playing, there is no point carrying on about it any more.
    Is it right or wrong, meh I dont really care any more.
    He needs to come out and address it publicly like Packer did, which he may very well do after a while.
    It does just reek though, he had offers from other clubs - big offers too - that he declined to play for a minimum wage. He has not said a word about it, which annoys the fuck out of people. And its the bronco's getting what will be a very good player for a minimum wage. Thats all part of it

Fuck gallen is a cockhead. I mean, far out his mate Greg Bird literally tried to put a glass through a girls head and he didnt speak out about that. His mate fergo tried to use a girl as a bowling ball and he didnt speak out about that.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:44 am

surmo13 wrote:I'm sorry, this sounds like i'm defending Lodge, but ever since this renewed media interest all i've seen from the victims side is a bunch of exaggerations, lies and contradictions and it's starting to make me question of lot of things, the truth of the ordeal is horrific enough, all they had to do was stick to that and they are golden, the moment they start to lie about stupid shit, it makes me wonder what else they lied about, considering Lodge pretty much gave them a blank cheque by claiming he had no recollection of anything that occurred and didn't show up to the civil case to defend himself.

this is my main issue with the whole thing now.

What's done is done with Lodge.

The media circus right now is for nothing but revenue. They don't actually give a fuck about the Lodge situation. There is alot of BS reporting surrounding the whole thing.

To say Lodge hasn't been interviewed isn't true. But I do agree he should front Buzz and all those flogs to keep them happy.

The problem is, they all want to know "why he did it". Its a stupid fucking question, he was out of his mind on booze and prescription drugs and doesn't remember it. What is he going to say to that? I know they will then say "well that's an easy excuse", but I honestly believe its the truth. (probably because Ive had countless nights on the piss in younger years where i have full memory blanks, so know what its like).

I might be in the minority but I don't really care for Lodge to make a public apology. He doesn't owe me anything, but I understand people feel differently and given he is in the public eye, I get that it should happen.

Hooper and other flogs on nrl360 claiming "they didn't know" about Lodge's conviction to DV, is bullshit. It happened before the NY incident and there are PLENTY of big media articles from back then on it. The fact is, they just didn't care, and therefore don't remember it. Again, I'm not defending what Lodge did.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 pm

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 8 Tg91dS5
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:40 am

He spoke well for the most part, good on him for doing it.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Milford and Nikorima clearly can't control a game and it's going to take a long time for them to do so.

Pangai the only positive from a dire performance first up.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:25 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Milford and Nikorima clearly can't control a game and it's going to take a long time for them to do so.

I never rule the Broncos or a Bennett led side out and I have the Dragons as the big improvers, but it surely it can't come as a big surprise to fans the Milford and Nikorima were totally outclassed by Widdop and Hunt. You'd take the later two over the former two 11 times out of 10. I think there are a number of teams who have halves that you could see leading their team to a Premiership, but A Milford/Nikorima combo isn't one of them. I think we will see that halves combo change inside the first six weeks.

I'm really surprised Bennett let Hunt go and Hunt showed Bennett tonight he made the wrong call.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Ice wrote:I'm really surprised Bennett let Hunt go and Hunt showed Bennett tonight he made the wrong call.

can see the points in most of your post bar this, Wayne didn't just let Hunt go, Dragons threw Thurston money at him, we weren't willing to and could not match it, and hindsight being 20/20 i still think that's the right call, if you look up 'Rocks and Diamonds' in the dictionary, you'll see a post-2015 picture of Ben Hunt, whether Niko's a suitable replacement or not, there's no need for our club to have that kind of money tied up in that kind of player.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 am

Ice wrote:

I never rule the Broncos or a Bennett led side out and I have the Dragons as the big improvers,  but it surely it can't come as a big surprise to fans the Milford and Nikorima were totally outclassed by Widdop and Hunt. You'd take the later two over the former two 11 times out of 10. I think there are a number of teams who have halves that you could see leading their team to a Premiership, but A Milford/Nikorima combo isn't one of them. I think we will see that halves combo change inside the first six weeks.

I'm really surprised Bennett let Hunt go and Hunt showed Bennett tonight he made the wrong call.

I conceded before the season started we won't be doing great things this season. As soon as Hunt signed with the Dragons I knew we wouldn't sign another half and run with Milford/Nikorima combo this season. I don't like it and haven't liked it since last season.

I am sure as the season progresses they will get better but it's definitely not one of the better halves combo in the game. Neither of them have proved to be able to control the game when needed. Both are great attacking players but that's the problem; neither are good defenders.

Nikorima was invisible tonight. Milf had a few decent moments but nothing special. It's only round 1 so obviously you can't write our season off already but I'm not expecting anything further than a semi final appearance.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:31 am

surmo13 wrote:

can see the points in most of your post bar this, Wayne didn't just let Hunt go, Dragons threw Thurston money at him, we weren't willing to and could not match it, and hindsight being 20/20 i still think that's the right call, if you look up 'Rocks and Diamonds' in the dictionary, you'll see a post-2015 picture of Ben Hunt, whether Niko's a suitable replacement or not, there's no need for our club to have that kind of money tied up in that kind of player.

I said this to my cousin before the game. I said Hunt is gonna have a ripper of a game against us but don’t be upset about us letting him go because the next 4 games he’ll be shite
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:37 am

Pieman wrote:He spoke well for the most part, good on him for doing it.

Agreed, or at least better than I expected. However, when Yvonne said something to the effect of "you've given up drinking" he could hardly look her in the eye with his answer (he had looked her in the eye the previous 10 minutes) and his left eye started deadset twitching for about 30 seconds Lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:48 am

SI wrote:

Agreed, or at least better than I expected.  However, when Yvonne said something to the effect of "you've given up drinking" he could hardly look her in the eye with his answer (he had looked her in the eye the previous 10 minutes) and his left eye started deadset twitching for about 30 seconds  Lol

haha yeah there were some parts that I thought didnt seem all that sincere, but nonetheless he did the interview. So good on him.

Sua should have been sin binned 10000000% for that hit on Vaughn.
    Off the ball, shoulder charge wasnt it? Didnt fucking miss him.

Dragons are generally good season starters, and broncos not playing at home on a friday night prob threw them off a bit.
    Pieday was shocking at hooker.
    Lodge was trying too hard.
    Milf went missing early on.

Its only very very early days but this might be a down year for the bronco's, they will improve though. Unless there is a change in the halves you cant really see them making the top four tho. Im genuinely surprised, that given bennetts history of picking up players who are unwanted because of the crimes or stupid shit they have committed - and given the broncos shit half depth - he has not gone after todd carney.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:57 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I said this to my cousin before the game. I said Hunt is gonna have a ripper of a game against us but don’t be upset about us letting him go because the next 4 games he’ll be shite

You cant be upset with letting him go, the kind of money and years the Dragons threw at him would have been stupid to match.
    1.2 over 5 years for a soon to be 28 year old fairly inconsistent halfback whos best position is hooker. I do think they thought they were going to get Taylor back and didnt really plan for anything else though.
    There must be a young gun half in the brisbane system that will be ready to go next season.
    Jack bird certainly isnt the answer at 6 if the halfback is milford too IMO.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:07 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Milford and Nikorima clearly can't control a game and it's going to take a long time for them to do so.

i don't think you could ever expect them 2 to control a game in the traditional sense, they're ball runners and there will be games where that shows and they create multiple opportunities pother halves won't

bigger problem for the broncs is their pack, Pangai aside, the majority were really poor. some of their bigger names you only noticed when they dropped the ball, no go forward for the most part by any of them and milf/niko are gonna need some momentum to get a chance to do what they do well

Ice

Post by Ice Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:44 am

surmo13 wrote:

He chose Milford, FAC and Boyd over Hunt. I would have taken Hunt over any of those for 2018. He clearly has the most upside. Milford is way more rocks and diamonds than Hunt. Hunt just gets shit cause he dropped a grand final. (Yes, a massive fuck up) But his game management (current and scope for growth) and heart is waaaay bigger than Milford who they did throw Thurston money at.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:48 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

It will be interesting to review this is 5 weeks. I reckon Dragons will be 4-1 at worst, possibly 5-0 and I think will be clearly leading Dally M.

Get on him now cause he is only gonna shorten over the first half of the season.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:53 am

Ice wrote:
    surmo13 wrote:

He chose Milford, FAC and Boyd over Hunt. I would have taken Hunt over any of those for 2018. He clearly has the most upside. Milford is way more rocks and diamonds than Hunt. Hunt just gets shit cause he dropped a grand final. (Yes, a massive fuck up) But his game management (current and scope for growth) and heart is waaaay bigger than Milford who they did throw Thurston money at.

Hunt's got a very good dart/running game as well so the best of both World's for a modern day Half.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Ice wrote:

It will be interesting to review this is 5 weeks. I reckon Dragons will be 4-1 at worst, possibly 5-0 and I think will be clearly leading Dally M.

Get on him now cause he is only gonna shorten over the first half of the season.

i doubt he is even leading the dragons halves in the dally M voting

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 pm