NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Share

    Ice

    Posts : 1241
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Ice on Fri May 18, 2018 10:04 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:

    it was reckless as fuck, he looked like a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man coming out of the line and the only part of him that touched Sims was his head.

    Fuck off, he won't have a case to answer and I wouldn't be surprised if the refs coach says they got that one wrong. He wasn't even looking at him, he had his head turned and tucked lot make a massive tackle, Sims shifts,head clash, dropped ball, Roosters ball, play on. Instead, penalty, sin bin, one man down, broken field opportunity for Isaako.

    Game changing poor decision.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Pieman on Fri May 18, 2018 10:10 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:Man I wish nate Myles got that treatment

    should have been penalised for every tackle he ever made if they are saying Napa lead with his head on that tackle. Absolutely shocking decision.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Pieman on Fri May 18, 2018 10:11 pm

    also why did they stop the last play of the game so early????
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1794
    Reputation : 341
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by surmo13 on Fri May 18, 2018 10:21 pm

    if you're able to put yourself in a position trying to tackle some-one where your head contacting to ball carriers head is the ONLY contact made, maybe you need to rethink your tackling technique... he not the only person in NRL history to get wrong-footed by a step, but i'm pretty damn sure he is the only person in NRL history to get wrong-footed by a step into a headbutt, watch the live video and not that slow-motion crap, had absolutely zero control over himself attempting to make a tackle, just flew out of the line and launched himself to murder Sims, and succeeded at that more than he thought possible.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1059
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by leaguegod on Fri May 18, 2018 10:26 pm

    Nate Myles comment aside

    I am completely fine with the penalty but the sin bin surprised me, just a few weeks ago surgess levelled sezar and no thought of a sin bin. When was the last time there was a sin bin for foul play ?has to be years.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Pieman on Fri May 18, 2018 10:27 pm

    Sims changes direction and its an accidental head clash.
    Thats as simple as it is, end of the argument.

    Nice to know you are now an advocate for opposition players leading with their heads against Bronco players now tho as well mate.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2773
    Reputation : 272
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Pieman on Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 pm

    Yep I could even cop a penalty - you see penalties for good shots, or shots that go slightly wrong all the time. It certainly was not a sin bin. Not even close.

    I mean, the milford blocking on a kick that he got penalised for - that was a deliberate act of foul play to stop someone from getting to a ball - last weekend the broncos were given a penalty and a sin bin to mbye for a slight touch on a ball chaser - milf near pulled out a bulldozer to block him and its just a penalty?



    avatar
    B/L

    Posts : 1178
    Reputation : 300
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by B/L on Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 pm

    Anything other then a life ban for Napa will be an injustice.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1059
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by leaguegod on Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 pm

    It will be interesting to see what he cops from the mrp. Doubt he has a squeaky clean record
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1794
    Reputation : 341
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by surmo13 on Fri May 18, 2018 11:12 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:It will be interesting to see what he cops from the mrp. Doubt he has a squeaky clean record

    he only just plead guilty to grade 1 dangerous contact & grade 1 careless high tackle from last week's game, i can almost guarantee this one will be a dangerous contact charge, grade 1/2/3 is 100/200/300, he has 75 points from the early guilty plea for the aforementioned, throw the loading for similar & non-similar offences in and he's looking at a two-game suspension for the lowest charge.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1349
    Reputation : 340
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 pm

    Fuck that was a great game of footy and even sweeter that we jagged the win against the Cocks.

    A few ordinary calls both ways throughout the game but in terms of the Napa decision, it was poor IMO.

    A bit rich hearing it from some of the moronic simpletons around here that give me shit every time I point out incidental head contact.....but yeah shouldn't have even been a penalty IMO and should have been play on (great pick up by Lodge saved a knock on).
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1794
    Reputation : 341
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by surmo13 on Fri May 18, 2018 11:23 pm

    CijCAns

    nothing dangerous about that, i was always taught as a kid to launch myself into a tackle head-first with my arms out like i'm an imaginary plane


    Last edited by surmo13 on Fri May 18, 2018 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : let's try that again in a smaller size)

    Dip

    Posts : 1403
    Reputation : 238
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Dip on Sat May 19, 2018 1:15 am

    You guys are off your head. That was basically one of the worst tackles since Prior lead with an a elbow on Thurston a few years ago, and he should have been sent off. Surmo’s Photo says it all. It’s amazing his jaw isn’t in 20 pieces. It deserves 6-8 weeks minimum. Any anyone who says “yeah but the ball carrier stepped into the tackle” as their reasoning for it being okay need to seriously consider the possibility that it’s only anti-bronco bias saying that. Deadset you’re blaming the ball carrier for running. Not the guy who’s responsibility it is to tackle him. Let that sink in for a while.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 4886
    Reputation : 1932
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by No Worries on Sat May 19, 2018 1:32 am

    @surmo13 wrote:CijCAns

    nothing dangerous about that, i was always taught as a kid to launch myself into a tackle head-first with my arms out like i'm an imaginary plane

    So nothing like Nate Myles leading with the head?
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1794
    Reputation : 341
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by surmo13 on Sat May 19, 2018 1:52 am

    @No Worries wrote:

    So nothing like Nate Myles leading with the head?

    considering Myles was always in the process of completing tackles on the blokes he was alleged to have headbutted, and didn't just come tearing in with his arms outstretched like Korbin Sims was the World Trade Center, not really no.

    Ice

    Posts : 1241
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Ice on Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 am

    @surmo13 wrote:if you're able to put yourself in a position trying to tackle some-one where your head contacting to ball carriers head is the ONLY contact made, maybe you need to rethink your tackling technique... he not the only person in NRL history to get wrong-footed by a step, but i'm pretty damn sure he is the only person in NRL history to get wrong-footed by a step into a headbutt, watch the live video and not that slow-motion crap, had absolutely zero control over himself attempting to make a tackle, just flew out of the line and launched himself to murder Sims, and succeeded at that more than he thought possible.

    Seriously dude, only the most one eyed Qld or Broncos fan could possibly agree with the call. Wally, Freddy, Gordie, Locky, all bewildered by the call. As Robinson said, it was just horribly wrong.

    If Napa had knocked himself out, and Sims bounced up, would Napa have still been binned? Of course not.

    Ice

    Posts : 1241
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Ice on Sat May 19, 2018 7:21 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:Fuck that was a great game of footy and even sweeter that we jagged the win against the Cocks.

    A few ordinary calls both ways throughout the game but in terms of the Napa decision, it was poor IMO.

    A bit rich hearing it from some of the moronic simpletons around here that give me shit every time I point out incidental head contact.....but yeah shouldn't have even been a penalty IMO and should have been play on (great pick up by Lodge saved a knock on).

    Please explain? "Simpletons"

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1059
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by leaguegod on Sat May 19, 2018 7:33 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    he only just plead guilty to grade 1 dangerous contact & grade 1 careless high tackle from last week's game, i can almost guarantee this one will be a dangerous contact charge, grade 1/2/3 is 100/200/300, he has 75 points from the early guilty plea for the aforementioned, throw the loading for similar & non-similar offences in and he's looking at a two-game suspension for the lowest charge.

    origin 1 in huge jeopardy for him you'd say

    which will lead to him fighting it which will be a pretty interesting case to follow



    all in all, pretty annoying for the controversy to over shadow what was to that point the most enjoyable game of the year imo, the trell V roberts Dual was fun. in saying that, it seems like most great rugby league games end up having a highly controversial ending lol
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 568
    Reputation : 140
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by dasherhalo on Sat May 19, 2018 7:56 am

    I like these ones. You can make a reasonable case for both sides: the very meat and 3 veg of internet "discussions".

    I'm probably biased, but jeeez he lead with his head.

    Ice, you're right: if Napa had knocked himself out, he wouldn't have been sent off. If he'd shattered Sims' jaw, though, what then? 8-12 weeks?

    Are we playing the danger, or the result?

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1059
    Reputation : 118
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by leaguegod on Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 am

    i can see the penalty, i think with napa running out as hard as he did, he has take some responsibility to not smash someone in the head, regardless of what body part it is. this is 2018, "i didn't mean to" is no longer good enough whether we like it or not


    i just can't justify the sin bin when we've seen some blatant swinging arms to the head lead to just being put on report. (soliona on slater, burgess on sezar to name a couple)

      Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 pm