NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Realistically, how would you rank McLean, JBrom, Alvaro, RCG?
    Vaughan, Fifita, Woods, Tolman and James aren't really great value to start the year and you would think the first three would play origin. Can't see any value in any other midrangers apart from maybe Ese'ese.

Then you get down to Napa, Fonua-Blake, Musgrove, Gurgess, Lodge, Latu etc.
    [/quote]

McLean did say in an interview that Green promised him more minutes but the sceptic in me says this was only so he'd sign. The Cowboys too many middle forwards.
    People think J-Brom will regain his 2016 fantasy form. In 2016 he made 47 offloads & 2017 only 15 so the real question is will Bellamy suddenly let him start offloading again. The Storm have plenty of good props to make up for McLeans minutes & they did get Kasiano & Pat Kaufusi.
    Plenty of interest in Alvaro but the Eels have plenty of middle forwards & minutes seem to be evenly spread but is is a stand out in training & someone who could play big minutes.
    RCG is in a forward heavy pack & minutes are are problem along with a pretty high missed tackle rate.

If I was to rank them = Alvaro, McLean, J-Brom, RCG.

I have been pushing Ese'ese. I think he'l start & get 45-50 minutes. But I have also stumbled across NAS & discovered that in 2017 when he played over 40 minutes he averaged 51. With his mooted 10-15 stint on the edge he may be consistently playing over 40 minutes in 2018.
    Of the cheapies you mention I only like Lodge & Latu.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:17 pm

I’d be more inclined to pick NAS over the above mentioned also, far higher ceiling with less risk involved at the price.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:

If Jbrom can get over his demons of last year he need only flick the switch to become a gun once again, Alvaro’s minutes and position of starting or bench isn’t concreted but shows promise if he gets the nod, RCG is a crazy one.... it’s like someone lit a rocket up his bum towards the end of the year and he approached every game like a world beater, became a big fan of his style last year I just doubt whether someone can maintain that intensity (either by losing interest or injury). McLean has the better chance out of the ones mentioned in my mind... people will disagree but he is playing for a maiden blues jumper this year, he’s got a contract upgrade, he’s with the best props in the game as mentors, he’s playing with arguably the best team. There is no stat for this (or maybe there is lol) but forwards who take the hit after Scott gain better metres, you can now throw LoLo into that mix as well. The cowboys will be steamrolling teams and McLean will be out to impress with a world of talent to support him.

Sent from Topic'it App

I'm really not sure on McLean given the level of depth in the Cowboys forward pack. Steam rolling teams only gains you RM/10 points. The Cowboys attack is all about quick fast play the balls, no real emphasis at passing at the line or offloading. Just run hard run fast, get up, play the ball fast. That works when you have the best and biggest forward pack in the NRL but doesn't always translate to fantasy points unless you are Taumololo and actually run over ppl and the same with Hess when jagging a few tries.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 33 Empty 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:23 pm

I don’t think Bellamy is JBroms problem either, he may have told him to tuck it a bit more but realistically he looked like a little kid having a sook. Sooking cause he got caught snorting Coke and got dumped from NZ captain and team altogether. It was clearly an issue because it was the reason (and don’t be fooled otherwise) that LoLo defected to Tonga and coincided with his massive form slump. An extra 64 points in offloads hardly puts him back at gun level.

Sent from Topic'it App
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:I don’t think Bellamy is JBroms problem either, he may have told him to tuck it a bit more but realistically he looked like a little kid having a sook. Sooking cause he got caught snorting Coke and got dumped from NZ captain and team altogether. It was clearly an issue because it was the reason (and don’t be fooled otherwise) that LoLo defected to Tonga and coincided with his massive form slump. An extra 64 points in offloads hardly puts him back at gun level.

Sent from Topic'it App

Yeah What was J-Brom thinking re snorting cocain. All the smart nrl players know to snort it in the privacy of their home before going out.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 pm

White Lightning wrote:I don’t think Bellamy is JBroms problem either, he may have told him to tuck it a bit more but realistically he looked like a little kid having a sook. Sooking cause he got caught snorting Coke and got dumped from NZ captain and team altogether. It was clearly an issue because it was the reason (and don’t be fooled otherwise) that LoLo defected to Tonga and coincided with his massive form slump. An extra 64 points in offloads hardly puts him back at gun level.

Sent from Topic'it App

Yeah What was J-Brom thinking re snorting cocain. All the smart nrl players know to snort it in the privacy of their home before going out.

Yep, it’s a home hobby only

Sent from Topic'it App
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Just a gentle reminder. Can we please keep gif usage away from the fantasy threads until they hit page 51.
    Traffic is starting to pick up, and lots of people read these threads at work.

Page 51 parties are where the gifs happen.

You got it Milch
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Chewie wrote:

I will try and use some self control Cool

Also on the use of gifs
    Some gifs might get blocked due to your personal or workplace's firewall / security settings. I found that gifs from giphy.com fall into this category.
    GIFs from tenor.com seem to show up on most people's devices without issues.

Thanks for that advice Chewie. I've been using giphy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Steering well clear of JBrom, gut feel is doesn't improve this year.
    Howie88

Post by Howie88 Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi All

First post here, and second year of NRL fantasy for me.
    Any advice on the squad I have put together for this year.

Smith
    Bromwich, NAS
    Brown, Harris, Arrow
    JT, Cronk
    Lailua, Milne
    Tedessco, Ponga, Hiku

Reserves 1-4: Garvey, Watson, Cartwright, Kikau

5 - 8: Crocker, Butcher, Whare (ctr,wfb cover), Cleeland

any advice would be great. leaves me with 1k left over
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 33 Empty 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi All

Smith
    Bromwich, NAS
    Brown, Harris, Arrow
    JT, Cronk
    Lailua, Milne
    Tedessco, Ponga, Hiku

Well done I reckon (almost identical to mine lol), might need a few tweaks once the team lists hit but a great team. Scary to see it though, makes me realise how similar teams will be this year, looking forward to seeing how the year unfolds with the new gameplay. Welcome as well.

Sent from Topic'it App
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Howie88 wrote:Hi All

Smith
    Bromwich, NAS
    Brown, Harris, Arrow
    JT, Cronk
    Lailua, Milne
    Tedessco, Ponga, Hiku

Glad the manual activation worked mate. Seems to happen to around 1 in 10 accounts and we can't work out why. Anyway, I'm sure the lads will have a look at your team, enjoy Very Happy
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Smith
    Bromwich, NAS
    Brown, Harris, Arrow
    JT, Cronk
    Lailua, Milne
    Tedessco, Ponga, Hiku

Really good team but I don't think you should have kikau as a reserve. Either upgrade him or play Croker or Cleeland instead
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Smith
    Bromwich, NAS
    Brown, Harris, Arrow
    JT, Cronk
    Lailua, Milne
    Tedessco, Ponga, Hiku

Welcome

What do you think JBrom, Cronk, Leilua and Watson will score? I'm not convinced on these guys.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:46 pm

If you were convinced on all of his team you probably wouldn’t like it because it would be your team also lol. I agree with the ones you’ve pointed out it’s just good to have PODs. For someone in their second year they seem to have the finger on the pulse.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:If you were convinced on all of his team you probably wouldn’t like it because it would be your team also lol. I agree with the ones you’ve pointed out it’s just good to have PODs. For someone in their second year they seem to have the finger on the pulse.

Sent from Topic'it App

Agree mate but i was serious, what sort of numbers are people expecting?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 pm

mulvy wrote:
    Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:If you were convinced on all of his team you probably wouldn’t like it because it would be your team also lol. I agree with the ones you’ve pointed out it’s just good to have PODs. For someone in their second year they seem to have the finger on the pulse.

Sent from Topic'it App

Agree mate but i was serious,  what sort of numbers are people expecting?

BJ could be at any end of the spectrum-I think they have a very favourable draw but just what I read? Love Watson but I think I'd prefer him at Fullback (without looking at stats). Cronk can't improve I don't feel personally. Not keen on JBrom, I think he stays the same as well, but understand people taking the risk.
    Howie88

Post by Howie88 Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 pm

"Really good team but I don't think you should have kikau as a reserve. Either upgrade him or play Croker or Cleeland instead"

Agree with you there and thanks for pointing out, Moved Croker into reserves as he will start and Kikau will be coming off the bench.

What do you think JBrom, Cronk, Leilua and Watson will score? I'm not convinced on these guys.

I'm expecting JBrom to bounce back this year, last year was a shocker, but from what I have read he used to be in the gun category, and with the guys they have lost and him being inline to be next captain I can see him improving on last year, (Plus I'm slightly bias as a kiwi).

With how strong the roosters line up is, as well as expecting Cronk to have the majority of the kick meters I think his scores should improve.

For Leilua basically the same as Bromwich, had a shocker last year compared to the year before, was basically the last spot I filled, other options under 500K were Hayne (who I think is more of a gamble), or Fusitua for the DPP option

Watson, just going off what I have read,

as you know its only my second year in fantasy so its all learning, no doubt will play around with other options prior to round 1. I have actually made 4 teams on excel while at work so far, and this is the team I will run with currently.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 pm

[quote="SI"]

Couldn’t agree more, I expect much of the same from all those guys. Watson has the best chance out of them to improve, still not convinced on him personally though. We know BJ and Jbrom can go much bigger but I’m a doubting Thomas on both. I also think people expect Cronk to turn into Pierce which I don’t believe at all. If the chooks wanted a guy who looks great personally while losing big games they would have stayed with Piercey.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:12 pm

Howie88 wrote:"Really good team but I don't think you should have kikau as a reserve. Either upgrade him or play Croker or Cleeland instead"

Agree with you there and thanks for pointing out, Moved Croker into reserves as he will start and Kikau will be coming off the bench.

I'm expecting JBrom to bounce back this year, last year was a shocker, but from what I have read he used to be in the gun category, and with the guys they have lost and him being inline to be next captain I can see him improving on last year, (Plus I'm slightly bias as a kiwi).

With how strong the roosters line up is, as well as expecting Cronk to have the majority of the kick meters I think his scores should improve.

For Leilua basically the same as Bromwich, had a shocker last year compared to the year before, was basically the last spot I filled, other options under 500K were Hayne (who I think is more of a gamble), or Fusitua for the DPP option

Watson, just going off what I have read,

as you know its only my second year in fantasy so its all learning, no doubt will play around with other options prior to round 1. I have actually made 4 teams on excel while at work so far, and this is the team I will run with currently.

You’ve done well mate, as we all probably have a few theoretical teams one thing is for sure and that is the moment the team lists hit one name can throw everything out the window.

Sent from Topic'it App

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:29 pm