NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 am

McLean burnt me a few years ago, not going back there

Mid Range city unless he shows something else
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:15 am

Welshy wrote:McLean burnt me a few years ago, not going back there

Mid Range city unless he shows something else

That’s what scared me about Hess last year so although I’m probably not going to start with McLean I will definitely jump on him if he produces a few good ones early. I’m not missing the train like I did last year.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:19 am

Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:

That’s what scared me about Hess last year so although I’m probably not going to start with McLean I will definitely jump on him if he produces a few good ones early. I’m not missing the train like I did last year.

Sent from Topic'it App

Don't get the love for McClean - he will average around 40 ( so maybe 50-60K underpriced) but it will be a slow burn and you won't be getting keeper scores then you will burn a trade getting rid of him. Mid price trap. Just feel he will get 45 mins at best for a 40 average at best. Too much competition with Scott, Bolton, Fensom, Lolo, Hess and the young props to demand too many minutes. The props that get 55-60 minutes or are attacking freaks like Vaughan/Fifita is when you get up around the 50 point average.

You would be better off taking the punt on Lodge or Latu as new starting props for their teams. I will probably end up with one as cover for my starting props. Probably only want 3 props in my squad.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:40 am

Just a gentle reminder. Can we please keep gif usage away from the fantasy threads until they hit page 51.
    Traffic is starting to pick up, and lots of people read these threads at work.

Page 51 parties are where the gifs happen.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:55 am

Warriors wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

Don't get the love for McClean - he will average around 40 ( so maybe 50-60K underpriced) but it will be a slow burn and you won't be getting keeper scores then you will burn a trade getting rid of him. Mid price trap. Just feel he will get 45 mins at best for a 40 average at best. Too much competition with Scott, Bolton, Fensom, Lolo, Hess and the young props to demand too many minutes. The props that get 55-60 minutes or are attacking freaks like Vaughan/Fifita is when you get up around the 50 point average.

You would be better off taking the punt on Lodge or Latu as new starting props for their teams. I will probably end up with one as cover for my starting props. Probably only want 3 props in my squad.

Agreed, the prop gun status is a small bunch and with the new rules it’s a relief only having to roll with 3.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Granville can't play 80 in my opinion. Did Asiata spend any time at hooker last year?

agreed, his style is way to explosive to maintain to 80 mins

Granville and Cook seem to be the groundhog stories of the nrl, every year you hear that this is the year they’ll play 80 and every year they leave fantasy players bitterly disappointed.

Sent from Topic'it App
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 am

Speaking of props,RCG was one of the first picked in my initial squad but I've seen a few people say he isn't worth it,should I go for him or not?
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am

danseels1985 wrote:Speaking of props,RCG was one of the first picked in my initial squad but I've seen a few people say he isn't worth it,should I go for him or not?

That’s a gut pick if you ask me, seems to be in a really good spot mentally but there isn’t much value there unless he takes off or can somehow maintain the form he finished with last year. Great player but personally I wouldn’t go there, if you feel like it’s his year but don’t listen to anyone else though. I backed Vaughan last year from the start when everyone didn’t and he came up trumps.

Sent from Topic'it App
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:47 am

Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:

Granville and Cook seem to be the groundhog stories of the nrl, every year you hear that this is the year they’ll play 80 and every year they leave fantasy players bitterly disappointed.

Sent from Topic'it App

I agree re the hookers & the novelty of 2-3 hookers on the bench is wearing off. Cook v Farah, Lichaa v Nu Brown, Granville seems unable to play 80 v TMM, Friend v Radley & so on.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:57 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Just a gentle reminder. Can we please keep gif usage away from the fantasy threads until they hit page 51.

Alfie's new, he wouldn't know that rule.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 am

White Lightning wrote:

I agree re the hookers & the novelty of 2-3 hookers on the bench is wearing off. Cook v Farah, Lichaa v Nu Brown, Granville seems unable to play 80 v TMM, Friend v Radley & so on.

What's happened to your avatar mate ?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am

No Worries wrote:

What's happened to your avatar mate ?

After my Bulldogs disappointed me last year I decided to take the stairway to heaven haha.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 am

Kalkadoon Warrior wrote:

That’s a gut pick if you ask me, seems to be in a really good spot mentally but there isn’t much value there unless he takes off or can somehow maintain the form he finished with last year. Great player but personally I wouldn’t go there, if you feel like it’s his year but don’t listen to anyone else though. I backed Vaughan last year from the start when everyone didn’t and he came up trumps.

Sent from Topic'it App

I did some analysis last year on midrange props and their averages, ppm, expected new role, attacking stats, base points etc and Vaughan came out on top, purely because not only did he have a good base he had the most tackle breaks per minute of the guys I was looking at (more than say 35 minute roles). I talked him up all pre season but did a Welshy and didn't go with him, and instead went with Prior (not sure why maybe something to do with his average at the end of the previous season, and others went with LAM etc).

Realistically, how would you rank McLean, JBrom, Alvaro, RCG?
    Vaughan, Fifita, Woods, Tolman and James aren't really great value to start the year and you would think the first three would play origin. Can't see any value in any other midrangers apart from maybe Ese'ese.

Then you get down to Napa, Fonua-Blake, Musgrove, Gurgess, Lodge, Latu etc.

Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:36 am

Does anyone think Radley is a genuine shot at making the 17? Friend is one of only 3 HOKs that can play a legit 80 and with the issues the roosters have defensively out wide I thought carrying Matterson as the utility would be their option.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:46 am

Warriors wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

I did some analysis last year on midrange props and their averages, ppm, expected new role, attacking stats, base points etc and Vaughan came out on top, purely because not only did he have a good base he had the most tackle breaks per minute of the guys I was looking at (more than say 35 minute roles). I talked him up all pre season but did a Welshy and didn't go with him, and instead went with Prior (not sure why maybe something to do with his average at the end of the previous season, and others went with LAM etc).

Realistically, how would you rank McLean, JBrom, Alvaro, RCG?
    Vaughan, Fifita, Woods, Tolman and James aren't really great value to start the year and you would think the first three would play origin. Can't see any value in any other midrangers apart from maybe Ese'ese.

Then you get down to Napa, Fonua-Blake, Musgrove, Gurgess, Lodge, Latu etc.

If Jbrom can get over his demons of last year he need only flick the switch to become a gun once again, Alvaro’s minutes and position of starting or bench isn’t concreted but shows promise if he gets the nod, RCG is a crazy one.... it’s like someone lit a rocket up his bum towards the end of the year and he approached every game like a world beater, became a big fan of his style last year I just doubt whether someone can maintain that intensity (either by losing interest or injury). McLean has the better chance out of the ones mentioned in my mind... people will disagree but he is playing for a maiden blues jumper this year, he’s got a contract upgrade, he’s with the best props in the game as mentors, he’s playing with arguably the best team. There is no stat for this (or maybe there is lol) but forwards who take the hit after Scott gain better metres, you can now throw LoLo into that mix as well. The cowboys will be steamrolling teams and McLean will be out to impress with a world of talent to support him.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 am

Lodge and Latu are probably cheap enough to be considered cows if they both get a spot as reported, the others I just simply wouldn’t touch

Sent from Topic'it App
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 am

Milchcow wrote:

I will try and use some self control Cool

Also on the use of gifs
    Some gifs might get blocked due to your personal or workplace's firewall / security settings. I found that gifs from giphy.com fall into this category.
    GIFs from tenor.com seem to show up on most people's devices without issues.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:07 am

...it must open tomorrow... TLT-style
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:09 am

Chewie wrote:...it must open tomorrow... TLT-style

....I'll just refresh the page once more, just in case. Ok. Twice more.
    Kalkadoon Warrior
    Kalkadoon Warrior

Post by Kalkadoon Warrior Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:11 am

Chewie wrote:...it must open tomorrow... TLT-style

Not much of January left to choose from

Sent from Topic'it App

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:47 pm