NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 am

Welshy wrote:Josh Papalii another, whose fantasy scoring took a big hit after origin

R1-R11 average - 58.7 (10 games)

R13-R26 - average 40.5 (10 games)

I didn't realise how high his average was before origin but I doubt he plays origin in 2018 since he was dropped from both origin & australia. He's also got the important dpp status for 2018. Cheers mate.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:04 am

Welshy wrote:

Sounds like Frawley has the inside track if you listen to that Mbye and Lichaa interview, whoever gets that Manly half berth alongside DCE could be gold as all options are cheap and half is the easiest place to score points (minus Elgey) Razz

With Munster doing little to no kicking, Croft should get around ~300km a game with some decent tackling stats he will be well set.

There is a rumour that the Bulldogs are after Cogger after the sale of B. Lee to the Titans. But I think Frawley will be starting if nothing changes. A source on supercoach addicts knows Cleeland & Cleeland confirmed to him that he does expect to play some part in 2018 but that he was unlikely to start the season.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:22 am

@ Milchy. I love your planner mate. It is growse brother.

Lets talk Herman Ese'ese who I'm very keen on. Priced at 472k I think he's a bargain. His 2017 stats:
    average minutes = 35
    average score = 32
    ppm = 0.91

I think he'll start & could get around 45-50 minutes in 2018 especially with the Knights probably running a hooker on the bench as Levi can't play 80 minutes.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:29 am

White Lightning wrote:

I didn't realise how high his average was before origin but I doubt he plays origin in 2018 since he was dropped from both origin & australia. He's also got the important dpp status for 2018. Cheers mate.
    Wild to think he went much better when he was unfit and fat as well because he always starts the season a stone heavier it always looks like ???? could be a great POD but I’m always wary with such a variance when he played largely the same role all season
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am

White Lightning wrote:

There is a rumour that the Bulldogs are after Cogger after the sale of B. Lee to the Titans. But I think Frawley will be starting if nothing changes. A source on supercoach addicts knows Cleeland & Cleeland confirmed to him that he does expect to play some part in 2018 but that he was unlikely to start the season.
    Cheers mate, does seem that Cleeland won’t be the rookie priced cow and easy money at the start of the season at the moment!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:34 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Just on excel.
    On my sheets I turn automatic calculations off. There are so many formulas on different worksheets that otherwise it can slow everything down as it recalculates everything every time you change anything.
    If you want to you can set automatic calculations on under the "formulas" tab.
    Otherwise you can press shift+F9 to recalculate the sheet you are on. That is for windows, if you have a Mac or something else its another button.

All the background data is still there, I've just hidden the sheets. No password or anything, so just unhide it all if your want to have a look.

Cheers mate. It's all good, Excel likes me again. Thanks for all your hard work. Cheers
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:41 am

White Lightning wrote:@ Milchy. I love your planner mate. It is growse brother.

Lets talk Herman Ese'ese who I'm very keen on. Priced at 472k I think he's a bargain. His 2017 stats:
    average minutes = 35
    average score = 32
    ppm = 0.91

I think he'll start & could get around 45-50 minutes in 2018 especially with the Knights probably running a hooker on the bench as Levi can't play 80 minutes.

I’m not sure he is a big minute prop fella can’t see him going above 40 minuets with Lillyman, Saifiti brothers, Heigno, King there, might be used as an impact player and let lillyman king do the dirty work. Potential is there though and could explode
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:51 am

Hey guys, I lurked here quite a bit last year (my third year of fantasy) but I had to register to say big thanks for the spreadsheet @Milchy, it's incredible. Mad cainer props for all your hard work

May as well post my team:

Ponga, Hayne, Inglis
    HHunt, Milne
    Croft, Thurston
    Arrow, Murray, Harris
    Graham, JBrom
    Smith

Cartwright, Maubbs, Lodge, Garvey/Havili

Hiku, Croker, Butcher, Kikau

$17k
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:00 am

White Lightning wrote:T. Sims will now be an 80 minute 2fr with Thompson going to Manly.
    T. Sims av score = 38
    T. Sims av minutes = 51
    ppm = 74

forecast that out to 80 minutes = 59 points.
    Of course he won't score 59 points having to play 80 minutes but he should score at least 45+
    He could be a good pick.

Think i'd prefer SST at a similar price. He should play big minutes in the middle and kick a few goals. From a fantasy perspective ideally he gets named as starting prop and gets dpp status!

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:01 am

Welshy wrote:

I’m not sure he is a big minute prop fella can’t see him going above 40 minuets with Lillyman, Saifiti brothers, Heigno, King there, might be used as an impact player and let lillyman king do the dirty work. Potential is there though and could explode

Yeah I think you're right mate. I'm also hesitant to pick any of the players from Samoa who played in the world cup like Papalii & Ese'ese as all they seemed to do was eat & get out of shape. It reeks of a poor attitude especially at a time when you're representing your country.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:05 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Hey guys, I lurked here quite a bit last year (my third year of fantasy) but I had to register to say big thanks for the spreadsheet @Milchy, it's incredible. Mad cainer props for all your hard work

Ponga, Hayne, Inglis
    HHunt, Milne
    Croft, Thurston
    Arrow, Murray, Harris
    Graham, JBrom
    Smith

$17k

Welcome aboard brother & you have a very cool user name. Very solid team as well.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:09 am

I was thinking more about T. Sims last night & I realised with Host & Sele on the bench I don't think he'll play 80 minutes.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:Hey guys, I lurked here quite a bit last year (my third year of fantasy) but I had to register to say big thanks for the spreadsheet @Milchy, it's incredible. Mad cainer props for all your hard work

Ponga, Hayne, Inglis
    HHunt, Milne
    Croft, Thurston
    Arrow, Murray, Harris
    Graham, JBrom
    Smith

$17k

Welcome!

Thats a great starting forward pack.
    If i was playing hayne id have him in ctr position and not sure about the Maubbs pick but apart from that great start
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:13 am

Welcome EGF

Around here we always have time for people who put Maubbs Beating Heart in their team
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:30 am

White Lightning wrote:

Lets talk Herman Ese'ese  

Easy E was my cashie last year and he did that job fairly well with consistent but slow price rises. But he does it all with and Ts and RMs (though admittedly that could have just been him following Bennetts gameplan), and only rarely breaks tackles or makes offloads. So really you need to bank on him getting those big minutes, in a Knights pack which is already boasting some contenders to relegate him to the bench. He also had a few stints starting in Brisbane where he played 40 mins and still only netted me 20 odd points.

Ponga, Hayne, Inglis
    HHunt, Milne
    Croft, Thurston
    Arrow, Murray, Harris
    Graham, JBrom
    Smith

$17k

I like your upside down team very much, please just do me a favor and move Maubbs Beating Heart into the starting side and HHunt or Milne to the bench. You might not think it makes a difference, but it really does.
    Welcome to the fold Smile

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KiwiOilBoiler
    KiwiOilBoiler

Post by KiwiOilBoiler Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:40 am

Morning guys. Big thanks to all for research time put in already.

I took a couple of names during the World Cup as potential Cash Cows based on work rate.

Any thoughts on Rhyse Martin and Eloni Vuniceke?

I had Taane Milne down too, but reading the thread i may be on the money there for once!

Many thanx, Adam.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 am

I was reading a Titans forum a couple of weeks ago & they had hired M. Johns as the halves coach. Apparently Johns is a bit of a half whisperer. Do we think that this lifts Taylor from a 37av he had in 2017 to a 45-50av player in 2018. This could definitely help with his confidence & may help him realise his potential.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:54 am

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:Morning guys. Big thanks to all for research time put in already.

I took a couple of names during the World Cup as potential Cash Cows based on work rate.

I had Taane Milne down too, but reading the thread i may be on the money there for once!

Many thanx, Adam.

Martin is a bit of a Bulldogs forum favourite & they want him in the team so he could be an outside chance of being on the bench but he probably needs an injury or 2 for that to happen.
    Vunicece was very strong for Fiji in the world cup but like Martin he probably needs an injury or 2 to nab a bench spot.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 am

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:Morning guys. Big thanks to all for research time put in already.

Many thanx, Adam.

Vuniceke had a few games at the start of 2017 from memory, and though I like him as a player he is competing for a spot in one of the most stacked forward packs in the NRL. He might get some gametime from the bench, but I don't see him pushing for anything of value unless a few injuries strike the Roosters.

Rhyse Martin is probably more likely to compete for a bench spot at the dogs, but would still need to push past the likes of Fualolo, Taulau, Faitala-Mariner and even Clay Priest who just came over from the Raiders. Still like his chances better than Vuniceke though.

You are right about Milne though, in line for starting centre at the Tigers and an absolute weapon at his best.

Edit: pretty much now just a long-winded version of what WL concised. Too quick man, too quick!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:07 am

White Lightning wrote:I was reading a Titans forum a couple of weeks ago & they had hired M. Johns as the halves coach. Apparently Johns is a bit of a half whisperer. Do we think that this lifts Taylor from a 37av he had in 2017 to a 45-50av player in 2018. This could definitely help with his confidence & may help him realise his potential.

It is certainly possible. But for 544k, he is priced to similarly to halves I would prefer who are in more dominant teams. Croft, Townsend, Moses for example. I would take any of those three before Taylor because I always want my backs in a competitive team where they have more chances for T and TAs.
    The exception are players who have spiders on them and eat TBs for breakfast, like Teddy when he was with the Tigers and Ponga for the knights this year.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:49 am