NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 pm

thinking i might be able to jump some more spots this round, only have 3 rabbits and 1 shark, and really only missing Surgess and Crighton out of my current best 17, so i would think i'm in a better position than most running the more popular players from those teams, it's one of the only weeks where i won't have to watch the Fifita/Gallen/Brailey combo tank my overall ranking.
    AL
    AL

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by AL Mon May 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Finch wrote:Crikey! Only 13 trades left.. 13 Rounds left too.

Why so many? Yikes
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 pm

surmo13 wrote:thinking i might be able to jump some more spots this round, only have 3 rabbits and 1 shark, and really only missing Surgess and Crighton out of my current best 17, so i would think i'm in a better position than most running the more popular players from those teams, it's one of the only weeks where i won't have to watch the Fifita/Gallen/Brailey combo tank my overall ranking.

I've got Gallen, walker and Crichton. So I consider myself in a similar situation.

All though ill be keen to see the outcome of SOO. If NSW get pumped, especially in the middle or any of the NSW forwards get serious injuries. Id seriously consider selling Gallen this week, Two byes, and a call up to SOO isn't entirely off the table. Would allow me to bring in TOLO with out much hassle.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Do you guys reckon 700-750 might be a good score for this round? I'm trying to save some trades for round 15 and 18 but I don't want to fall too far behind as I just made it back up in the rankings...
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon May 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Tedesco, Nofo or Cleary? Or just spend the extra and get SJ?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon May 29, 2017 12:40 pm

I bowed out of contention the weekend just gone. 620 from 13 players.
    Trade ins were TKO, CWalker and JGraham. FML. 77 points combined. Should have just grabbed Gallen and Semi and been done with it for 2 trades. oh well.

Anyway, Teddy comes in for Niko and Cashing out TRD to split Munster and Walker and bringing in Tyronne May (hopefully he gets some game time at some stage given Cartwright injured and TMM out of favour, and Moylan origin).

Need to sort out my 2RF with Surgess, Chricton, Elliot doing a job but Whitehead, TKO and JWallace on borrowed time. Might hold Whitehead for the season actually but need to start to get some guns in here.

Team for the weekend

Smith, McInnes
    McGuire, Graham (if fit)
    JWal, Whitehead, Elliot, TKO
    Johnson, Munster (Vc), Frawley
    Croker, Dwalker
    Teddy (captain), RTS, Slater

and then have to hope one of Edwards, Leota or May play. Looks as though I will only field 15 or 16 realistically though.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Warriors wrote:I bowed out of contention the weekend just gone. 620 from 13 players.
    Trade ins were TKO, CWalker and JGraham. FML. 77 points combined. Should have just grabbed Gallen and Semi and been done with it for 2 trades. oh well.

Anyway, Teddy comes in for Niko and Cashing out TRD to split Munster and Walker and bringing in Tyronne May (hopefully he gets some game time at some stage given Cartwright injured and TMM out of favour, and Moylan origin).

Need to sort out my 2RF with Surgess, Chricton, Elliot doing a job but Whitehead, TKO and JWallace on borrowed time. Might hold Whitehead for the season actually but need to start to get some guns in here.

Team for the weekend

Smith, McInnes
    McGuire, Graham (if fit)
    Croker, Dwalker

and then have to hope one of Edwards, Leota or May play. Looks as though I will only field 15 or 16 realistically though.

Bad luck mate! Although I imagine a ton of players would have had Walker and Graham this week so perhaps not as bad as u think.

Merlin could be a good value option in your 2RF.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Warriors wrote:I bowed out of contention the weekend just gone. 620 from 13 players.

Team for the weekend

Smith, McInnes
    McGuire, Graham (if fit)
    Croker, Dwalker

The fact one bye round did so much damage means another could just as easily repair said damage mate.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Tedesco, Nofo or Cleary? Or just spend the extra and get SJ?

Ive gone Niko to Teddy but already have SJ. Probably going to get Cleary in after round 15 for the run home too.

Iv'e decided to just get Teddy in and enjoy watching him for once.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 12:51 pm

filthridden wrote:

Yeah unfortunately my other loophole captain options are Graham, Norman or Brown.... not looking good for ol' filth!

I'd go Cam SJ. Essentially you are getting insurance on Cam getting significantly reduced minutes after Origin. Like you say anything above 45 (maybe 50) and you stick with him (unless you wanna take a gamble). SJ and the Warriors get their groove on for a few rounds a season, I wouldn't be surprised if they go well again v Para (especially if Brown is out again!).

Actually re the Warriors, they don't play much on Friday nights, anyone have any idea how they go under the spotlight of prime time Friday night footy? Most likely crap, but worth checking.
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Mon May 29, 2017 12:51 pm

does lolohea take up kicking duties if selected? not sure who is doing it currently, as i can't see any points awarded for kicks since moses left
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon May 29, 2017 12:55 pm

If Brown is out for another 2 weeks Im tempted to go Mcguire and Brown to Vaughan and James
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon May 29, 2017 12:56 pm

SI wrote:

The fact one bye round did so much damage means another could just as easily repair said damage mate.

True, I think it's more due to the fact I used 3 trades and probably another 2 trades this week, and will be left with 9 (haha I know I'm Slats twin).

Just thinking to myself Manu Mau, Gallen and Semi would have done me a lot better (approx. 90 points) than TKO, Graham and Cody Walker this week and for round 15. Was very close to going with the former and in hindsight not sure why I didn't.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon May 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Team for the weekend

Smith, McInnes
    McGuire, Graham (if fit)
    Croker, Dwalker

I scored 620 points this week and it helped salvage my poor season.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 29, 2017 1:02 pm

pm888 wrote:does lolohea take up kicking duties if selected? not sure who is doing it currently, as i can't see any points awarded for kicks since moses left

Main options are Rankin (if selected) or Tedesco (who kicked in one of the pre-season trials) or Lolohea.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Warriors wrote:

True, I think it's more due to the fact I used 3 trades and probably another 2 trades this week, and will be left with 9 (haha I know I'm Slats twin).

Just thinking to myself Manu Mau, Gallen and Semi would have done me a lot better (approx. 90 points) than TKO, Graham and Cody Walker this week and for round 15. Was very close to going with the former and in hindsight not sure why I didn't.

No point thinking about what you could have done mate, put the energy into what you can do. As for you trade situation, I reckon just go all in and hope you get lucky with injuries. Otherwise you just go safe and finish middle of the road!

Also, I don't know the stats but there must have been a ton of people who brought in C Walker and Graham this last round (if they didn't already have them). They were two pretty no brainer moves IMO so don't beat ur self up over them. Graham is a gun, so hopefully his health will improve and his scores will then too. C Walker is a ? now IMO. I don't get to watch much NRL, but I watched him last round (after trading him in) and from a fantasy point of view he was incredibly disappointing, to the point where I would probably trade him out if he plays another game like that. He seems disinterested to me and not involved on offence at all! I'll watch him in a couple rounds and then make a call, but he only needs to improve marginally to be a real asset still over the bye rounds. So again the trade in the end might not be too bad!

Cant help you with the TKO trade though mate Smile

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Moose wrote:If Brown is out for another 2 weeks Im tempted to go Mcguire and Brown to Vaughan and James

Dude, if Brown is out this week I'd ditch him. I said the same last week too. Too much money tied up on the bench and still two more Byes to come. Big ? over whether you'd want him in your final 17 too right? so you may well have to trade him out anyway.

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 1:19 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:I would be shitting myself if I didn't have 17 this week. Rank drop incoming

Team for the week (15 players)

Mcinnes
    Taupau/Tetevano
    JDB/Merrin/Whitehead
    Munster/Frawley/CHN
    Aubo/Smat
    RTS/Semi/Hayne/MWZ
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon May 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Which of these sound better?

Option A: Trade Brown and Suli for Vaughan and Munster

Option B: Trade Aubusson for Taumalolo and cash out Niko

Option C: Trade Niko and Aubusson for Cleary and Merrin

Option D: Trade Niko and Suli for Cleary and Munster
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon May 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Team this week before trades.
    *hopefully
    Mcinnes (smith*)
    Vaughan, Wallace, (Graham* Fai*)
    Whitehead, JDB, Stone
    SJ, Hampton
    Crocker, Cotric (Moga)
    Nofo, Munster, RTS.

Not sure what hole to plug first. With 35k in the bank my options are limited.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:17 pm