NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43 - Page 23 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Spuddies wrote:I was planning on bringing in Graham and Gallen for McGuire and Wallace. The only thing is I thought that Gallen had dpp status and that I had at least one second rower with DPP. Turns out that's not the case. I still want to bring Gallen in.

Out of the following, who needs to make way for Gallen.
    Whitehead
    Elliot
    Surgess
    CHN
    Crichton
    JBD

I'm thinking CHN has peaked. Thoughts?

Look at the work-rate CHN got through against the Knights. All your other options are guns or got decent bye cover, maximise their usage and get CHN out.
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43 - Page 23 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

Post by Ozymandias Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Spuddies wrote:I was planning on bringing in Graham and Gallen for McGuire and Wallace. The only thing is I thought that Gallen had dpp status and that I had at least one second rower with DPP. Turns out that's not the case. I still want to bring Gallen in.

Whitehead
    Elliot
    Surgess
    CHN
    Crichton
    JBD

That's a great group to have to choose from - I know CHN will be favourite with most people but I can't seem to let him go, I just get the impression he's on the edge of a really good score (but what do I know - really, I don't Smile )
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 pm

JGraham or NBrown as a keeper? JGraham is a proven gun whereas I don't know much about NBrown's game
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 pm

So if Nathan Brown is all good to go should I trade him in for Jarrod Wallace? If I did that I'd be put in the unique position of having to choose my 17th player and last reserve out of probably Nu Brown, Fuimaono and CNK.

Plus it'd leave me with only 14 trades and well if I can field a full team this round whether it's of quality players or not, I don't know if it's entirely necessary. Don't want to miss out on points but would love to conserve as many trades as possible.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 pm

I'm thinking of trading Fifita to Vaughan a round early to enable to CHN to Mannering .

Vaughan seems to down the pecking order on the NSW pack. So even with an injury or two during Orgin1, he may not play SOO this year.

Any thoughts?
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 pm

SI wrote:

Agreed on CHN, will probably ditch him this week as well.

Good to double check. Sadly, this now creates an issue of financing the CHN trade.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:So if Nathan Brown is all good to go should I trade him in for Jarrod Wallace? If I did that I'd be put in the unique position of having to choose my 17th player and last reserve out of probably Nu Brown, Fuimaono and CNK.  

Plus it'd leave me with only 14 trades and well if I can field a full team this round whether it's of quality players or not, I don't know if it's entirely necessary. Don't want to miss out on points but would love to conserve as many trades as possible.  

Just personally I would save the trade. You have 17 OR will have 17 after trades for Round 13?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Whitehead
    Elliot
    Surgess
    CHN
    Crichton
    JBD

Easily CHN, how could it be anyone else?
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 pm

SI wrote:

I guess all us owners figured this would be the year Maubbs stayed in the Second Row.  I'll ride it out personally.  In saying that, the Second Row you were ending up with by trading him was pretty impressive.  I just want to run him as a set and forget (hopefully he grabs a meatie this weekend Very Happy  )

I wish you the best of luck with that and I hope I don't regret it but looking at a backrow of JDB Surgess Mannering Gallen and Crichton may be too tempting for me
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm not considering any Broncos but TPJ is on extended bench. Does he have a chance to come in? Could be an issue if considering Broncos forward.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 pm

I have no idea what to do.

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Brown Wallace Yates
    Surgess Crichton Bodene Elliot Kaufusi CHN
    Niko Frawley Lamb Norman
    Croker SMat Fui Kelly
    RTS Cotric Slater Ponga Suli

20 trades 249K. Will have 12 this week if Brown plays which I'm happy with.

SST worth a trade for Felise? I need that bit of extra coin cause next week I want to go Brailey to McInnes and CHN to Lolo. Also thinking thinking Felise to Semi via Fui and Suli??

For some reason I want to keep Norman for the time being and getting Johnson might make funds short for next week, depending what I do. I know Niko's a trade next week but I'm kind of happy to run Lamb and Frawley and take the Niko hit until the next week.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Only just realised Mortimer is on extended bench too. Could fuck a lot of plans if he came in instead of Brown

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

My team of 14 for this round

Not going to rip apart my team too much to the detriment of the rest of the season.
    Should be able to hopefully make up a few places on the overall board over the H2H players at least (I hope haha)

Graham , Tetevano
    Surgess, Chrichton, Gallen, NBrown
    Nikorima, Frawley, F Brown
    Aubusson, Fuimaono
    C Walker, Nicoll-Klokstad, Tuivasa-Sheck

17 for next week too

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:34 pm

wolfking wrote:I have no idea what to do.

Smith Brailey
    Niko Frawley Lamb Norman
    Croker SMat Fui Kelly

20 trades 249K.  Will have 12 this week if Brown plays which I'm happy with.

SST worth a trade for Felise?  I need that bit of extra coin cause next week I want to go Brailey to McInnes and CHN to Lolo.  Also thinking thinking Felise to Semi via Fui and Suli??  

For some reason I want to keep Norman for the time being and getting Johnson might make funds short for next week, depending what I do.  I know Niko's a trade next week but I'm kind of happy to run Lamb and Frawley and take the Niko hit until the next week.

Why not Fifita to Graham, mentioned it a bit in my blog but if worst case you didn't get Fifita back they should probably score similar to end of season with the 2 extra games played and frees up cash.
    Norman to Nu Brown? Then next week upgrade Niko to one of the players I mentioned earlier, lots of cut price guns will be around the 420k price to choose

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Tue May 23, 2017 9:34 pm

I'm 35k short of doing a CHN to Gallen and JWallace to Graham trade. I'll have enough cash for McGuire to Graham though. Any thoughts?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Why not Fifita to Graham, mentioned it a bit in my blog but if worst case you didn't get Fifita back they should probably score similar to end of season with the 2 extra games played and frees up cash.

Man, I just don't know if I can trade Fifi out. Cheers, it's an option I obvioulsy have to look at.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue May 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Anybody else have CTRs as shit as mine? BJ Fuimaono Kelly Idris

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:38 pm

wolfking wrote:

Man, I just don't know if I can trade Fifi out.  Cheers, it's an option I obvioulsy have to look at.

Fair enough, this coming for a huge sharks fan and love watching Fifita play as well.
    You have the trades to bring him back 19, Grahams price should hopefully back closer to 500k then too and making it a cheap upgrade.
    Anyways only you can answer this one haha, trust your judgement and don't live in regret with the decision
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 pm

wolfking wrote:I have no idea what to do.

Smith Brailey
    Niko Frawley Lamb Norman
    Croker SMat Fui Kelly

20 trades 249K.  Will have 12 this week if Brown plays which I'm happy with.

SST worth a trade for Felise?  I need that bit of extra coin cause next week I want to go Brailey to McInnes and CHN to Lolo.  Also thinking thinking Felise to Semi via Fui and Suli??  

For some reason I want to keep Norman for the time being and getting Johnson might make funds short for next week, depending what I do.  I know Niko's a trade next week but I'm kind of happy to run Lamb and Frawley and take the Niko hit until the next week.

Haven't run the numbers but you could go CHN to Graham this week and Bodene to Lolo next week, and if you don't have enough cash, go Smith to Nu Brown via Knik this week and go Knik to Mcinnes next week and keep Brailey for the time being. Just brain storming here...

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Spuddies wrote:I'm 35k short of doing a CHN to Gallen and JWallace to Graham trade. I'll have enough cash for McGuire to Graham though. Any thoughts?

Well comparing Wallace to Mcguire,they are similar players and at least Wallace isn't playing origin (for now)
    He plays round 15 and it's a toughie so worth it for that

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:14 am