NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Warriors
    Warriors

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Warriors Fri May 05, 2017 9:18 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Going for my 4th post in a row now

Looking at the best possible team for round 12 how many of them do you have?

McCullough Friend
    Graham Tolman
    Gallen Surgess Brown Mannering Bodene/Whitehead
    SJ Norman Arey/Pearce
    Aubbo BJ/Croker
    Walker RTS Rapana

Currently have 6 of this 17

I have 6 also. SJ/Norman/RTS/Surgess/Brown/Whitehead.

Will pick up Graham possibly for Fifita/McGuire but not sure yet. Keen to just hold these guys. I think that Tolman is somewhat a trap. No more Frawley on the bench for next few weeks at least.
    Yes, in round 12 and 18 he will play close to 80 and should score 55s, but I think if four forwards on bench I would only expect him to see 55-60 mins and score 40-45 points for a good portion of the season. Is he worth two trades.

McCullough is at peak price but should still play 80 mins through origin unless the games are gone e.g Broncos are getting pumped. Friend I'm staying away from now I think. Smith to McCullough wouldn't be the worst trade in round 12, am contemplating it.

Have Surgess, Brown and Whitehead. Bodene is at a good price. Gallen could play origin. Mannering I think will start to get rested as the Warriors have their usual mid season run where they play origin depleted sides, and should win a few games comfortably. Will probably sell Whitehead to a Storm player e.g Tohu Harris.

Arey is a wait and see, but prob prefer Cody Walker for tbs and DPP. Pearce will play origin.

BJ, Croker and Rapana in a form slump and the Raiders aren't looking like a team that will blow teams off the park and don't play 15 and 18.
    mango
    mango

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by mango Fri May 05, 2017 9:21 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I would sit tight on Mcguire for now. Vanish made a great point about McGuire only missing 12/15/18 during the byes and being a keeper prop. If you have to get rid of him I would be doing it for Graham in round 12.

This week if I was in your situation I would be going Lamb to SJ and Ponga to Walker. 2 extra round 12 players, SJ also plays round 13 and Lamb looks like losing cash just as fast as Walker

I already have Graham.

McGuire is someone I'd like to be there abouts in my final 17, I'm trying to find a way to bring Brown in and he was the most logical choice being 100% certainty for origin. Only other option I have is F.Kaufusi but he still has a lowish be this round and plays rd 15 and 18. If he starts losing cash I doubt I'll be keeping him that long though.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 9:22 am

Warriors wrote:

I have 6 also. SJ/Norman/RTS/Surgess/Brown/Whitehead.

Will pick up Graham possibly for Fifita/McGuire but not sure yet. Keen to just hold these guys. I think that Tolman is somewhat a trap. No more Frawley on the bench for next few weeks at least.
    Yes, in round 12 and 18 he will play close to 80 and should score 55s, but I think if four forwards on bench I would only expect him to see 55-60 mins and score 40-45 points for a good portion of the season. Is he worth two trades.

McCullough is at peak price but should still play 80 mins through origin unless the games are gone e.g Broncos are getting pumped. Friend I'm staying away from now I think. Smith to McCullough wouldn't be the worst trade in round 12, am contemplating it.

Have Surgess, Brown and Whitehead. Bodene is at a good price. Gallen could play origin. Mannering I think will start to get rested as the Warriors have their usual mid season run where they play origin depleted sides, and should win a few games comfortably. Will probably sell Whitehead to a Storm player e.g Tohu Harris.

Arey is a wait and see, but prob prefer Cody Walker for tbs and DPP. Pearce will play origin.

BJ, Croker and Rapana in a form slump and the Raiders aren't looking like a team that will blow teams off the park and don't play 15 and 18.

Yep a lot more thought goes into this for the other bye rounds. If you ran this team out in round 12 you would put some serious points on however would be in big trouble for the remaining byes. Gotta find a nice mix between scoring well in round 12 and not dilute the other byes too much
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 am

McCullough Friend
    Graham Tolman
    SJ Norman Arey/Pearce
    Aubbo BJ/Croker
    Walker RTS Rapana

I have 19 of that 17
    (I don't really, but you've listed 20 people there so just thought it would be good to have over 100% of the best team Smile

Also, some of those players will play rd12 but not 15 or 18. If you don't already have them, i'm not sure its worth a trade bringing them in now, unless they are also part of your final 17, or you have heaps of trades left.
    Whitehead is the main one this concerns.

I currently have 6 - will probably look to bring in Brown and Graham, and maybe Cam Smith for Jake Friend over origin.
    Also have Crichton who isn't best 17 on season averages but current form is close enough.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 05, 2017 9:25 am

McCullough Friend
    Graham Tolman
    SJ Norman Arey/Pearce
    Aubbo BJ/Croker
    Walker RTS Rapana

6 as well.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 9:30 am

Looks like most are floating around 6 of the best 17 for round 12. Wouldn't want all 17 as it would leave you short in other bye rounds
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri May 05, 2017 9:33 am

6 for me too.

Graham, Tolman, Gallen, Surgess, Norman and RTS.

Possibly looking at trading in SJ and Walker this rd which will make it 8.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 05, 2017 9:38 am

In light of all this bye talk, if no injuries and A Elliot gets the start, do you think these trades are good. Elliot wouldn't be in 17 other than round 12 for now.

Frankenstein to A Elliot (purely for cash out and cash making ability plus round 12 player probably getting 80 minutes and 35 points).
    JWallace to Surgess ( Surgess good byes, everyone will have him, JWallace - shame I have chosen to part ways with him, looks as though he now may have peaked or there is limited cash making abilty left now as the 19 put a stop to his 60 & 67, but he doesn't play round 12, the Titans players are returning, Paasi to come back also, minutes to be spread more evenly, especially if Ryan James doesn't make origin, I see him hitting 55 mins and 40 points with a ppm of around 0.7). Realistically, he has a good chance of playing origin too, and has scored above 45s due to Titans injuries during games.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 am

McCullough Friend
    Graham Tolman
    SJ Norman Arey/Pearce
    Aubbo BJ/Croker
    Walker RTS Rapana

Eight including pencilled in trades for this week.
    Three trades the week of the bye is going to be very helpful for a lot of people I think but I worry about using that 3 trade for 3 players that average 15 points each. :-/
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 am

5 for me currently and looking to bring 4 of them in over the next few rounds. possibly 5 if Friend shows he can finally do something
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am

McCullough Friend
    Graham Tolman
    SJ Norman Arey/Pearce
    Aubbo BJ/Croker
    Walker RTS Rapana

Of this team I think you need Graham, Surgess, Brown, SJ, Norman and RTS (probably all keepers depending on what happens with Brown and Norman).
    Gallen is a wait to round 12 if you don't have him yet and is a must have if no origin.

Bodene/Whitehead offer value but would be pre round 15 trades possibly. Maybe not worth the trade ins at this stage maybe unless you have a heap of trades left and/or money is tight.
    Pearce will play origin.
    Mannering is a keeper but doesn't play round 15,18 (Thanks Wolfking, I knew that but mistyped). Same as SJ and RTS but there are so many more keeper options in 2RF so not essential like SJ and RTS.
    Arey is injury prone and also 1 injury away from being in origin. Bunnies going shit. Could be a good POD though.
    Aubbo will start to shaft people again.
    BJ/Croker/Rapana aren't essential due to not playing 15 and 18.
    Walker will be a handy pickup soon.

Hookers are the hard one. Smith out and back in is a huge gamble.
    Tolman is probably overkill and could revert to 45s.

Just got to be careful you don't leave yourself short in round 13 with Sharks/Bunnies byes.

A team could easily have Gallen, Surgess, Chricton, Walker plus maybe Arey, Fifita,  and players like Brailey, Talakai, Rennings, Musgrove, Capewell etc
    And then if you have a bit of deadwood (most probably have 1-3 at this stage) then it could be a very tough round 13.

And then there is round 15 which looks like the toughest round of them all.

Last edited by Warriors on Fri May 05, 2017 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri May 05, 2017 9:58 am

Warriors wrote:In light of all this bye talk, if no injuries and A Elliot gets the start, do you think these trades are good. Elliot wouldn't be in 17 other than round 12 for now.

Frankenstein to A Elliot (purely for cash out and cash making ability plus round 12 player probably getting 80 minutes and 35 points).
    JWallace to Surgess ( Surgess good byes, everyone will have him, JWallace - shame I have chosen to part ways with him, looks as though he now may have peaked or there is limited cash making abilty left now as the 19 put a stop to his 60 & 67, but he doesn't play round 12, the Titans players are returning, Paasi to come back also, minutes to be spread more evenly, especially if Ryan James doesn't make origin, I see him hitting 55 mins and 40 points with a ppm of around 0.7). Realistically, he has a good chance of playing origin too, and has scored above 45s due to Titans injuries during games.

Wallace to Surgess is a great trade not only for byes but he's a set and forget in your final 17.

Adam Elliot also looked good last week, he wont score tries every week but he does look like he'll make money over the byes.

I don't know about Winterstein, apparently Siro is in some strife over a pub incident and may be dropped for a while. This might force Winterstein into stepping up. He was lazy last week though.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 05, 2017 10:13 am

You guys bringing in Elliot must have heaps of trades left.

He's too expensive for a cash out
    He won't score well enough to be a keeper
    Unless he keeps scoring tries he's not going to make that much cash.

Fair enough if you've been banking trades. But I think a lot of Elliott owners will regret it after the byes.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 05, 2017 10:16 am

@Warriors, Warriors play 12, but not 15 and 18.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 am

7 for me gents!
    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 16 11899602_1489886864637300_1194715503_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTA1MjA3Mjk3MzQ3OTI2MDk1Ng%3D%3D
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Fri May 05, 2017 10:33 am

manlybeaver wrote:SKD caught with coke at the ivy how long will he get

should be a lenghty ban (8 weeks?). not sure when it starts or whether he is allowed to play up until the court date.

fantasywise, joseph manu is much safer ow. mitchell may come into the team again, or they may blood a new winger moving ferguson to centre.

if ferguson is picked for nsw. things could get tricky during the bye rounds. would be excellent to have a rookie come in for two games in the backline,
    but im thinking aubbs would shift. this of course depends on fergs selection
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 05, 2017 10:33 am

manlybeaver wrote:SKD caught with coke at the ivy how long will he get

Aubss Love to Centre confused
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri May 05, 2017 10:37 am

pm888 wrote:

should be a lenghty ban (8 weeks?). not sure when it starts or whether he is allowed to play up until the court date.

fantasywise, joseph manu is much safer ow. mitchell may come into the team again, or they may blood a new winger moving ferguson to centre.

if ferguson is picked for nsw. things could get tricky during the bye rounds. would be excellent to have a rookie come in for two games in the backline,
    but im thinking aubbs would shift. this of course depends on fergs selection

Yeah unfortunately Aubo to centre is going to happen now since Matterson is injured. If he comes back then maybe Aubo will go back to starting 2RF over Origin but hard to say. Oh well can only wait for team-lists.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri May 05, 2017 10:40 am

Lads is the BE list on page 1 up to date?
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri May 05, 2017 10:41 am

I notice the Storm back-up 2 days after Origin I. Geez there's little chance Slater will play that will he?

The match is 'just' against Newcastle but the Knights are their bogey team and Smith will certainly back-up but I don't see Slater doing it. Wonder if it makes it easier to consider trading him out for Cody Walker.
    Is it weird/does it make sense that I'd prefer to aim for Munster to trade in for Slater over Walker? Plays one less bye round but I don't know I back him as a better scorer for the long-haul. I'm almost tempted to keep Billy actually as a POD coming out of the bye rounds but can't ignore the points I'd be missing out on.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:20 pm