NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by GreenMachine Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Is it madness to pick up Hayne after trading him out? Would be for Rennings or Talakai

Pretty sure Rennings is gone injured mate so why not

Haven't seen any estimate for how long out though.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Guest Fri May 05, 2017 1:38 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Pretty sure Rennings is gone injured mate so why not

Haven't seen any estimate for how long out though.

I think at this stage Hayne is on the way up and Rennings is on the way down.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 05, 2017 4:36 am

Mau and Brown in for McGuire and Fifita if picked for origin a bad idea?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 05, 2017 7:17 am

First time actually playing around with positions and I can do McGuire and ET to NBrown and Munster.
    Interesting
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 05, 2017 7:27 am

Those looking for a cash out and in regards to the Rennings debate he did go off injured, but otherwise I would be surprised to see both talakai and Rennings in the side. They were awful and I expect tyrell fuimaono (CTR/2RF) to come in.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri May 05, 2017 7:43 am

Warriors wrote:Those looking for a cash out and in regards to the Rennings debate he did go off injured, but otherwise I would be surprised to see both talakai and Rennings in the side. They were awful and I expect tyrell fuimaono (CTR/2RF) to come in.

Yeah mate I've been saying for weeks he is bloody awful player this Talakai:

As an owner I'm pretty annoyed he prob won't survive for bye rounds. Looks an ok player that burns too so I expect him to replacing Jennings. Not sure about Fuimaono. Don't know his work
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri May 05, 2017 9:00 am

Local rags over here NOT impressed with Bennetts England:
    http://bit.ly/2qF4EWN
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Didn't Rennings go off injured last round and isn't Gray due back shortly?

I think his writing is on the wall mate

Last I heard Gray is due back round 16. Don't get me wrong Rennings is a spud and I hate owning him but he should be good for 20-25 points in round 12 and 15 with the outside chance of scoring a try. Can't believe I chose him over Ponga
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am

mango wrote:

The main reason for me lacking confidence in maintaining my ranking is because I dont have anywhere near enough time to devote towards serious bye planning, reading spreadsheets etc. Most weekends I even miss out on some of the final team lists, just lucky I haven't been caught out yet.

Your CHN downgrade idea is something I've been thinking about. I was initially going to upgrade him to Whitehead as he is safe enough to have as an 18th man but have changed my mind. I am now considering keeping that downgrade as a safety net to upgrade Brailey when the time comes. I just wish he gets a few more games so his price reaches 400k.

SMat is definitely a worry but with TTurbo likely to play origin and the lack of consistency of others in that position, I'm willing to give him a bit more time to see how he goes. If he can spend 80mins on the field he should average 40+ but one more HIA and he's gone.

I also forgot to write down my 4th half in my team, I cashed out Elgey a couple of weeks ago for J.Fogerty purely for his dpp. I had planned on trading in Munster and Walker for Lamb and Ponga this week so I can change them around from half to wfb but Walker looks like he'll lose more cash so I might wait another week and Ponga may get another game. If I reverse my Walker trade that I made I have 195k and 21 trades.

I have also been looking at a way of bringing in SJ. The best way for me at the moment is via Ponga, it'll leave me with 53k itb but then I'll have to play Hayne in my 13 then the week after I'll have to make some downgrades so I can bring in Munster or Walker as my 4th wfb.

I also have to consider a replacement for McGuire before rd 12 with N Brown being the most bye friendly. Also not too far away is an F Kaufusi upgrade, hopefully he can become Mannering and my second row will be set.

All in all lots to plan and think about but I'll always be open to any suggestions or any form of assistance, infact I'll probably need as much as I can get and it'll be truly appreciated.

Thanks again for taking the time to do your analysis and an even bigget thank you for offering to help.

The time to worry about cash is pretty much over. At this stage it's all about points especially at the top. Lamb is losing cash just as fast if not faster than Walker and has rubbish byes. I would have no problem doing Lamb>Walker
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 10:07 am

Anyone considering instead of going for sheer numbers for the byes trying to maximise the points in the players they have? EG rather than trading in someone like Capewell that is mid priced and probably only useful for 2 rounds for a peaking CHN, using that trade to upgrade a low scoring player that you have already for round 12 eg Moga/Talakai/Jennings/Cotric to a gun playing those rounds EG BJ/Croker or even Nathan Brown or SJ via DPP?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 10:14 am

Going for my 4th post in a row now

Looking at the best possible team for round 12 how many of them do you have?

McCullough Friend
    Graham Tolman
    Gallen Surgess Brown Mannering Bodene/Whitehead
    SJ Norman Arey/Pearce
    Aubbo BJ/Croker
    Walker RTS Rapana

Currently have 6 of this 17
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Anyone considering instead of going for sheer numbers for the byes trying to maximise the points in the players they have? EG rather than trading in someone like Capewell that is mid priced and probably only useful for 2 rounds for a peaking CHN, using that trade to upgrade a low scoring player that you have already for round 12 eg Moga/Talakai/Jennings/Cotric to a gun playing those rounds EG BJ/Croker or even Nathan Brown or SJ via DPP?

Yeah this is mostly my approach. Although I'm holding a few cashie Centres through their playing bye rounds (non of the top centres really grab me at this stage), my main aim is to maximise the number of guns for those rounds.

One score from Brown/Norman/Gallen is probably gonna be worth more than a combined score from cheap players like Talakai and Jennings anyway.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

The time to worry about cash is pretty much over. At this stage it's all about points especially at the top. Lamb is losing cash just as fast if not faster than Walker and has rubbish byes. I would have no problem doing Lamb>Walker

Yeah good point ms.

Which trades do you reckon are the way to go this week?

Lamb to Walker and Ponga to Munster or McGuire to N Brown and one of Walker/Munster.

Or Ponga to SJ via Fogerty and McGuire to Brown. These trades will force me to play Hayne in my13 for a couple of weeks until I get more cash to bring in Munster/Walkerat the back. It also means I'll be holding Lamb for a bit longer and he'll likely lose more cash.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Fri May 05, 2017 10:34 am

Alot of people seem keen to trade out McGuire soon. Reasons for this? I get that he's playing origin but he'll only miss 1 extra game, and he's the #3rd best FRF and one of only 5* props with an average over 50.

I'd expect him to finish as one of the top 5 props for the year, making him a keeper. But how does origin affect a player's score the round after? Are his scores likely to be notably lower backing up from Origin? I could see the merits of offloading him if so.

*Graham, Tolman and Kafusi have averages of just over 49, but under 50

Last edited by Vanish on Fri May 05, 2017 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 10:38 am

Vanish wrote:

Yeah this is mostly my approach. Although I'm holding a few cashie Centres through their playing bye rounds (non of the top centres really grab me at this stage), my main aim is to maximise the number of guns for those rounds.

One score from Brown/Norman/Gallen is probably gonna be worth more than a combined score from cheap players like Talakai and Jennings anyway.

Brown/Norman/Gallen are likely to put up a 50 with upside to score 70. Talakai and Jennings will be lucky to combine for 50 with upside of 80 combined. Gotta find out if you could use the cash better somewhere else. EG a few weeks back I downgraded Musgrove to Tualau so I would have cash to grab Crichton and Tolman
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 10:40 am

mango wrote:

Yeah good point ms.

Which trades do you reckon are the way to go this week?

Lamb to Walker and Ponga to Munster or McGuire to N Brown and one of Walker/Munster.

Or Ponga to SJ via Fogerty and McGuire to Brown. These trades will force me to play Hayne in my13 for a couple of weeks until I get more cash to bring in Munster/Walkerat the back. It also means I'll be holding Lamb for a bit longer and he'll likely lose more cash.

I would sit tight on Mcguire for now. Vanish made a great point about McGuire only missing 12/15/18 during the byes and being a keeper prop. If you have to get rid of him I would be doing it for Graham in round 12.

This week if I was in your situation I would be going Lamb to SJ and Ponga to Walker. 2 extra round 12 players, SJ also plays round 13 and Lamb looks like losing cash just as fast as Walker
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 05, 2017 10:44 am

Vanish wrote:Alot of people seem keen to trade out McGuire soon. Reasons for this? I get that he's playing origin but he'll only miss 1 extra game, and he's the #3rd best FRF and one of only 5* props with an average over 50.

I'd expect him to finish as one of the top 5 props for the year, making him a keeper. But how does origin affect a player's score the round after? Are his scores likely to be notably lower backing up from Origin? I could see the merits of offloading him if so.

*Graham, Tolman and Kafusi have averages of just over 49, but under 50

Great post. I wouldn't be moving McGuire anymore than I would be moving Teddy. Keeper at their position that missing 1 extra game due to origin
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 05, 2017 10:54 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Great post. I wouldn't be moving McGuire anymore than I would be moving Teddy. Keeper at their position that missing 1 extra game due to origin

I agree... I don't see why people want to trade out McGuire
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri May 05, 2017 11:11 am

SKD caught with coke at the ivy how long will he get
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri May 05, 2017 11:12 am

manlybeaver wrote:SKD caught with coke at the ivy how long will he get

What a pineapple. Surprised he didn't drop it, or throw it to nobody.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 am