NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 pm

I think if people are going to take advice and base all their decisions on what people on here say, there's really no point playing the game in the first place. If people can't make up their own decisions, that's their problem and only have themselves to blame. I've followed advice on here that hasn't worked and given advice that hasn't worked and vice versa. The advice that didn't work I would never hold anyone accountable, then that would be my personal issue. At the end of the day, the one person in charge of your team is you.

This forum is fantastic to share teams, opinions, get views, trade ideas and mail that is hard to find elsewhere. It's great to have different sets of eyes over something and it's great that everyone is so helpful and in all my time here, there has been no bad advice given on purpose to try and bring others down. Everyone here helps each other, that's what makes it so great. This forum has made NRL and fantasy even more enjoyable again for me. Post away everyone! cheer
    mango
    mango

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by mango Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 pm

I might take the plunge on Niko, he looks bigger, stronger and I think he'll step up knowing that every good performance will get him closer to cementing the no7 spot for next year.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:34 pm

mango wrote:I might take the plunge on Niko, he looks bigger, stronger and I think he'll step up knowing that every good performance will get him closer to cementing the no7 spot for next year.

His 25 tackles last week with 0 misses is what really impressed me.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 pm

wolfking wrote:I think if people are going to take advice and base all their decisions on what people on here say, there's really no point playing the game in the first place.  If people can't make up their own decisions, that's their problem and only have themselves to blame.  I've followed advice on here that hasn't worked and given advice that hasn't worked and vice versa.  The advice that didn't work I would never hold anyone accountable, then that would be my personal issue.  At the end of the day, the one person in charge of your team is you.

This forum is fantastic to share teams, opinions, get views, trade ideas and mail that is hard to find elsewhere.  It's great to have different sets of eyes over something and it's great that everyone is so helpful and in all my time here, there has been no bad advice given on purpose to try and bring others down.  Everyone here helps each other, that's what makes it so great.  This forum has made NRL and fantasy even more enjoyable again for me.  Post away everyone! cheer

This is a good point. I spent my first season following the crowd on the forum, you end up with a copy paste team, always rank middle of the pack. This place is good for not missing out on obvious trades, and inside info. But ultimately succeses are going to come from the gambles you make, not following the crowd.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 pm

dont think ive posted my team on here since the preseason!
    25 trades left, 100k itb

mcinness (brailey)
    wallace kaufusi (musgrove yates)
    surgess whitehead jdb (crichton ET CHN)
    Cleary Norman (Jacks Nuff)
    Dalker Leilua (Idris Nuff)
    Turbo Cotric RTS TRD Nuff

key aims to maximise bye round points (ranked 5760 atm)

thoughts/suggestions?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Loomer wrote:Anyone have Niko stats besides the 2 tries in the UK game at half last season?

QRL stats for first 5 rounds

http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/qrl/documents/intrust-super-cup/2017/weekly-stats/round-1/Norths%20Devils%20v%20Townsville%20Blackhawks.pdf
    http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/qrl/documents/intrust-super-cup/2017/weekly-stats/round-2/Burleigh%20Bears%20v%20Norths%20Devils.pdf
    http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/qrl/documents/intrust-super-cup/2017/weekly-stats/round-3/Norths%20Devils%20v%20Ipswich%20Jets.pdf
    http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/qrl/documents/intrust-super-cup/2017/weekly-stats/round-4/PNG%20Hunters%20v%20Norths%20Devils.pdf
    http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/qrl/documents/intrust-super-cup/2017/weekly-stats/round-5/Norths%20Devils%20v%20CQ%20Capras.pdf
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 pm

To add to what others have said.

Everything said here is advice, not an instruction. Feel free to follow it or ignore it at your own peril.

Nobody here is deliberately giving bad advice, but we can all be wrong. Just remember to take ownership of your own decisions.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm

I hate that i was trying to be conservative earlier in the year with trades by not jumping on ponga and hess. Now I'm trying to play catchup by doing questionable stuff like picking up frawley a few weeks back and niko this week
    Chippy

Post by Chippy Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm

The way I see it with niko is that I made 30k out of the trade from jacks. Niko makes another 50k let's say so I am ahead 80k then I plan to downgrade him to field or someone like that and make even more cash moneys to upgrade someone. Just my thoughts anyway
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Just remember to take ownership of your own decisions.

I think that's the key point here.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Chippy wrote:The way I see it with niko is that I made 30k out of the trade from jacks. Niko makes another 50k let's say so I am ahead 80k then I plan to downgrade him to field or someone like that and make even more cash moneys to upgrade someone. Just my thoughts anyway

That's sort of the thing that's making me question getting him for Lamb or Elgey. Elgey sucks but the trade feels sideways. I need him to hit 300K to make it worthwhile I think. Saying that, getting rid of Lamb for Niko, would probably mean that Elgey sits there all year.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 pm

OK, Rippin and Tearin. Re Hess.

By my reckoning, to be a 2RF keeper a player needs to be in the Top 10 scorers in that position or you could look at the Top 25 scorers in any position. Currently, that player has an average less than 50 on both counts. So Hess, to remain a keeper would need an average of around 50. That is the reality.

I'm willing to have an avatar bet over the next 3 weeks that he averages 50+. If he does that, I have no doubt he is keeper status for the year, barring injury.

The avatar of your choice is for a week. I am prepared to have the same bet with any other poster regarding Crichton also.

Are we on? cheer

BTW, don't stop your opinions. It creates discussion and that is good.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:dont think ive posted my team on here since the preseason!
    25 trades left, 100k itb

mcinness (brailey)

thoughts/suggestions?

I think you need to try and bet another gun forwad in.

3 good reserves are Brailey, Crichton, ET - but you need a more solid 17th man.

Can you turn Musgrove and Yates into cheapie + solid scorer. Not sure who the Nuff's are and whetehr they are potential bye scorer's or not
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 pm

If you're looking at KNIK stats in qcup, it is worth noting he played all over the field in a number of those games (half, hooker, fullback). (sorry, i don't know which games and for what periods).
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:54 pm

surmo13 wrote:

no need to stop posting, input is appreciated when questions are asked, everyones got their own opinions and thoughts, no-one here truly knows what will happen moving forward, that's the nature of the game, it's just when people are asking for advice i think it's important to be sure to seperate opinion from fact and give them what they need to form their own opinion, for example -

Your opinion is that Hess is more reliant on attacking stats than you're be comfortable with and you're concern with him is that they will dry up and his scores will drop, and that's certainly a valid opinion, and one worth voicing to some-one who's asking, but when you state that he's got '20 points in 80 minutes' in him, some-one might read that and go 'yuck, i don't want 20 points stinking up my 2RF' and put a red line straight through him, whereas that same person might read just your opinion, investigate further and go 'hmm, he hasn't gone scored below 40 points yet in 80 minutes yet and he's capable of some monster scores, i think i'll take that risk' or 'yeh you're right, that is a concern, i think i'll look elsewhere then'

Im a bit over this to be honest. I've re-read my post(s) and back what I said and the way I said it. I appreciate where you are coming from but I think it's time to move on.

Im interested in more opinions &/or facts on JBrom Wink

Anyone gonna be brave and bring him in the week?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:dont think ive posted my team on here since the preseason!
    25 trades left, 100k itb

mcinness (brailey)

thoughts/suggestions?

HOK: Shouldn't need to make any moves here until you are ready to pick up Smith.
    FRF: Musgrove is losing cash and needs to go. He is going to lose more cash than points he will make over the bye rounds. Meanwhile Yates is still probably a hold at the moment.
    2RF: Stacked.
    HLF: No changes here, keep on eye on Jacks. He could be similar to Musgrove and lose too much cash to be worth it holding until Origin.
    CTR: Not sold on Walker being a year long keeper. But not any urgent moves to make there.
    WFB: No real urgent changes needed at the moment.

It is early to have 3x Nuffie's but that is fine. Your only priority is Musgrove to try and upgrade to J. Graham most likely.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Nah mate, not yet. He's not even on my radar at the moment but once he pulls out a good score, I'm all ears.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Im a bit over this to be honest. I've re-read my post(s) and back what I said and the way I said it. I appreciate where you are coming from but I think it's time to move on.

JBrom is missing Harris. They feed off each other. When Harris is back, watch him return to form. I also think he's playing injured.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Rabbit wrote:OK, Rippin and Tearin. Re Hess.

By my reckoning, to be a 2RF keeper a player needs to be in the Top 10 scorers in that position or you could look at the Top 25 scorers in any position. Currently, that player has an average less than 50 on both counts. So Hess, to remain a keeper would need an average of around 50. That is the reality.

I'm willing to have an avatar bet over the next 3 weeks that he averages 50+. If he does that, I have no doubt he is keeper status for the year, barring injury.

The avatar of your choice is for a week. I am prepared to have the same bet with any other poster regarding Crichton also.

Are we on? cheer

BTW, don't stop your opinions. It creates discussion and that is good.

Good on ya mate.

I'll take you up on that just for a laugh but given you said 55 and Hess is up against the Knights and Eels (at home) in the next two I reckon 55 ave is fairer.

I'll leave that up to you though mate, I'll take the bet regardless for the fun of it !

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Is NuBrown next in line if no Maloney or would it be morts

I think this is a great question so I bumped it. Jacks has already made 123k. Instead of trying to keep the cash flowing with Niko or Frawley (who would then require an extra trade to trade out again), I am perfectly happy to trade him to a nuffie for the full 123k cashout (which could pretty much complete my team for the bye period with). Nu Brown seems like the obvious choice because he might get two big bye rounds as a bonus before I leave his spot to die off. If I could just get some definitives on him subbing for Maloney then I would make this trade today, but alas I just can't see me making the decision until round 12 when he is confirmed in the lineup as I don't want to be adding another red dot to my team going into the bye period.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 am