NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Chewie wrote:I didn't jump on Frawley the other week so I'm happy to give Knik a run.
    I love Frawley as a player, but fantasy wise he's still a no go zone for me.

Feel free to trade out Hess... I for one are keeping him in my team, he might have a few low scoring rounds, but we've all seen what he's capable of.

I'm holding onto CHN as well, he can be my sleeper cash cow.

Same here mate. Didn't get Frawley due to being a bench player. I'm keeping Hess as he's a monster bully & I love how he plays. He may cruize along but all he needs is a couple of big plays & the points come rolling in. CHN with a minus b/e can just sit in my npr's until he gets a playing opportunity. I will get K-Nik this week but my decision is whether to get rid of Lamb or Jacks. I might actually keep Lamb & hope he improves his defense because the only thing stopping him scoring in the 40's are his missed tackles.
    Chucky
    Chucky

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by Chucky Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Fair enough. Look I've tried to be really careful to preface a lot of what I have said with the fact that I am relatively new to Fantasy NRL and that my posts should be taken as suggestions/thinking points more than anything - but I kinda thought I'd been on here for long enough that it was starting to get a bit redundant posting that within every post. So when I noticed the poster (currently in 2nd) didn't get much response to his call for advice I thought I'd try to post something constructive and worth thinking about. He/she seems to be appreciative of what I wrote but look, I'm more than happy to stop posting anything like that if its gonna be a hinderance rather than a help. After being here for a while all I was trying to do was add something to the forum instead of just taking which is what a poster last week was complaining about a bit.

Mate, keep on posting.
    Everyone on here makes their own decisions and it's always good to see/hear another point of view.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:39 pm

KiwiWarriors wrote:Is gutho or jacks a more immediate trade?

With round 12 so close you may as well keep Gutherson but it depends on who you are thinking of getting in. If selling Gutherson results in a great upgrade target like Cody Walker or Leilua then I would sell Gutherson.
    no_worryers
    no_worryers

Post by no_worryers Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Mate, keep on posting.
    Everyone on here makes their own decisions and it's always good to see/hear another point of view.

100% agree
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:51 pm

@Rippin and Tearin Don't stop posting your ideas, mate. Just because you're new to this doesn't mean you don't have a valid opinion. Sometimes it takes the fresh eyes and ideas to see the forest from the trees.

Last edited by Honeysett on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:51 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Same here mate. Didn't get Frawley due to being a bench player. I'm keeping Hess as he's a monster bully & I love how he plays. He may cruize along but all he needs is a couple of big plays & the points come rolling in. CHN with a minus b/e can just sit in my npr's until he gets a playing opportunity. I will get K-Nik this week but my decision is whether to get rid of Lamb or Jacks. I might actually keep Lamb & hope he improves his defense because the only thing stopping him scoring in the 40's are his missed tackles.

I'd go Jacks mate. I'm deciding whether to get KNik for Elgey or Lamb, Elgey is the obvious choice cause I really like Lamb for some reason and yeah a 40 and 45 in his first two weeks so he's capable of solid scores. Elgey to Lamb requires an extra trade but Elgey not gonna do any favours anyway so, might as well keep Lamb and see what he can do.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:00 pm

No Thursday night games sucks.

Makes my Thursdays at work so uneventful.

Just looked over my trades so far.

Rd1.
    Jbrom to Wallace
    Ma'U to JDB

Rd2
    Hayne to Abbey
    ET to McGuire

Rd3
    Siro to Ponga

Rd4
    Smat to CHN
    Lamb to Cwalker

Rd5
    Kbrom to TMay
    Brailey to Mcinnes

Rd6
    Elgy to Hampton
    Guth to Nofo

Rd7
    Jacks to Field
    Yates to Whitehead

Cant say im entirely unhappy with them. Just seems like poor planning from the start and players not performing as expected immediately after purchase (im looking at you Mcinnes).

Sitting at 4000 odd at the moment.
    KiwiWarriors
    KiwiWarriors

Post by KiwiWarriors Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 pm

White Lightning wrote:

With round 12 so close you may as well keep Gutherson but it depends on who you are thinking of getting in. If selling Gutherson results in a great upgrade target like Cody Walker or Leilua then I would sell Gutherson.

Thanks mate. Was think of going to Gutho to Kniko to bank some cash for next week, but not completely sold on that idea. Cant go to Cody Walker or BJ.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 pm

I was going to keep R.Jennings for the byes but with Hunt and Gray back soon, he may be out of the side before that. He's been pretty ordinary to be honest.

Reckon it's worth trading him to Hayne to avoid another red dot even though he's not bye friendly?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:08 pm

mango wrote:I was going to keep R.Jennings for the byes but with Hunt and Gray back soon, he may be out of the side before that. He's been pretty ordinary to be honest.

Reckon it's worth trading him to Hayne to avoid another red dot even though he's not bye friendly?

I think see how Hayne goes first. I traded him out for Ponga but will have no hesitation if gets back to some form. Wouldn't jump on him without seeing a game or 2 though.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Honeysett wrote:@Rippin and Tearin Don't stop posting your ideas, mate. Just because you're new to this doesn't mean you don't have a valid opinion. Sometimes it takes the fresh eyes and ideas to see the forest from the trees.

Chewie Agrees:

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Fair enough. Look I've tried to be really careful to preface a lot of what I have said with the fact that I am relatively new to Fantasy NRL and that my posts should be taken as suggestions/thinking points more than anything - but I kinda thought I'd been on here for long enough that it was starting to get a bit redundant posting that within every post. So when I noticed the poster (currently in 2nd) didn't get much response to his call for advice I thought I'd try to post something constructive and worth thinking about. He/she seems to be appreciative of what I wrote but look, I'm more than happy to stop posting anything like that if its gonna be a hinderance rather than a help. After being here for a while all I was trying to do was add something to the forum instead of just taking which is what a poster last week was complaining about a bit.

no need to stop posting, input is appreciated when questions are asked, everyones got their own opinions and thoughts, no-one here truly knows what will happen moving forward, that's the nature of the game, it's just when people are asking for advice i think it's important to be sure to seperate opinion from fact and give them what they need to form their own opinion, for example -

Your opinion is that Hess is more reliant on attacking stats than you're be comfortable with and you're concern with him is that they will dry up and his scores will drop, and that's certainly a valid opinion, and one worth voicing to some-one who's asking, but when you state that he's got '20 points in 80 minutes' in him, some-one might read that and go 'yuck, i don't want 20 points stinking up my 2RF' and put a red line straight through him, whereas that same person might read just your opinion, investigate further and go 'hmm, he hasn't gone scored below 40 points yet in 80 minutes yet and he's capable of some monster scores, i think i'll take that risk' or 'yeh you're right, that is a concern, i think i'll look elsewhere then'
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Honeysett wrote:@Rippin and Tearin Don't stop posting your ideas, mate. Just because you're new to this doesn't mean you don't have a valid opinion. Sometimes it takes the fresh eyes and ideas to see the forest from the trees.

Tru Dat

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Mate, keep on posting.

100%. i really hate when people blame others for their own choices in fantasy (and in real life Smile)
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:17 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Guth scored 33 with no try. Add a LB TB try and it's near 50. I'm definitely holding
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Anyone have Niko stats besides the 2 tries in the UK game at half last season?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 pm

We all give advice on here & sometimes after the fact the advice you have given turns out to be wrong. For example someone posted before round 7 they wanted to buy Hodgson & I said not to bring him in due to his injury. Hodgson then plays 80 mins, scores 72 against the Warriors with no signs that he was struggling with his injury. I hope the poster ignored my advice & went ahead with the Hodgson trade.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:

If they have to let Graham go because of Woods it would be total insanity from the Dogs.

Hope Graham sticks in the NRL, love watching him play.  Would be just what the Knights need.
    Totally agree! A strong forward with lots of running, leadership and hard work ethic is exactly what the Knights need.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Revraiser wrote:CHN to Sharks would be a perfectly timed signing to take away the Bird pain.

Might drop Jacks for NuBrown this week.

Is NuBrown next in line if no Maloney or would it be morts
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Is Milf a good enough option to consider as part of your final 17?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 am