NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:09 pm

In regards to Hess, if he is your biggest concern, you are doing well, but saying that, people wanting to offload him I can't criticize. He's like having an expensive back in your forwards. Fowards should be consistent base stats, especially for his current price. I jumped on him when he was 300K when Tolo got suspensed so I'm okay at the moment, but I get nervous everytime he plays. Last week if he didn't bust the line near the end, he would have gotten a score around 25. He's pretty lazy out there and he does rely on that one big play or two. He's starting so I'll keep him for the time being, but people offloading him I have no issue with.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by Mr Fernando Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Kahu is out, might mean goal kicking duty for Milford.  But unless they are from right in front of the sticks it's unlikely to mean much
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:13 pm

my tv broke wrote:i can't believe the dogs would want woods over graham. if woods is signing on you'd think graham has to be gone.

If the dogs are paying for Graham, Tolman, Woods and Klemmer for next year, then either they'll be fudging the cap/TPAs to fill out the rest of their squad, or they will have a terribly unbalanced side.
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:16 pm

At face value the Woods signing makes no sense whatsoever. Dogs must be pretty confident that Graham is moving elsewhere.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Still that game he scored 20 points on 50 minutes and is actually indicative of his scoring though much of several games this year. What has saved him is one or two massive attacking plays. I guess it comes down to whether you think on a week by week basis those attacking plays, particularly the tries are sustainable? Will teams work him out? approach him differently? or even if they don't, all else equal will he continue to rack up those plays most weeks? Im just not sure he will. That's pretty much the crux of it for me. Im by no means certain of my opinion though. Its just what Im leaning to at this stage and why I traded him out. That and the fact I see value else-where.

he's averaging about 22 tackles and 105 metres per game, not the best base stat average going around but he's not completely dependant on attacking stats to score his points, the above mentioned is 1 of 2 games where he failed to register any attacking stats, in the other one, he still racked up 49 points.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:30 pm

surmo13 wrote:

he's averaging about 22 tackles and 105 metres per game, not the best base stat average going around but he's not completely dependant on attacking stats to score his points, the above mentioned is 1 of 2 games where he failed to register any attacking stats, in the other one, he still racked up 49 points.

3 games from memory, but we are nitpicking, the point is he at times can score slowly and for a $400k+ forward that's a concern IMO.

Anyway, like I said its just my opinion and I could very well turn out to be wrong. I've gone with what I think is best and traded him out for Whitehead 2 rounds ago. So far so good. But its not just the H2H points between the 2 that was important for me but the $ that got free'd up which I could use for another upgrade. We'll see come end of the season whether I was right or wrong I guess. No telling either way as it stands.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:30 pm

CHN to Sharks would be a perfectly timed signing to take away the Bird pain.

Might drop Jacks for NuBrown this week.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If the dogs are paying for Graham, Tolman, Woods and Klemmer for next year, then either they'll be fudging the cap/TPAs to fill out the rest of their squad, or they will have a terribly unbalanced side.
    I hate it when clubs become greedy and buy players when not needed. Contracts should be strictly adhered to both by the player and the club. My hatred for the Bulldogs, Roosters and Sea Eagles is justified because of this. If the Salary Cap was introduced to even out the playing field, TPA's are doing a great job of rendering a salary cap useless. Maybe the NRL should be issuing TPA's to players, not player managers with club influences.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 pm

How many of these discussed signing, Bird, CHN, Woods etc will take effect mid season?

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:Kahu is out, might mean goal kicking duty for Milford.  But unless they are from right in front of the sticks it's unlikely to mean much

Can Niko kick?

I would love to be able to say:

Nikorima kicked a screamer Very Happy
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:Kahu is out, might mean goal kicking duty for Milford.  But unless they are from right in front of the sticks it's unlikely to mean much

Good news as a recent Milf buyer last week but Kahu should be out because he almost cost them the win
    TrainNinja

Post by TrainNinja Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Anyone got thoughts on Jesse Bromwich and his form?

I haven't watched the games but he's cheap as chips and my forwards are in disarray.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

3 games from memory, but we are nitpicking, the point is he at times can score slowly and for a $400k+ forward that's a concern IMO.

Anyway, like I said its just my opinion and I could very well turn out to be wrong. I've gone with what I think is best and traded him out for Whitehead 2 rounds ago. So far so good. But its not just the H2H points between the 2 that was important for me but the $ that got free'd up which I could use for another upgrade. We'll see come end of the season whether I was right or wrong I guess. No telling either way as it stands.

don't get me wrong, i'm not completely sold on him myself, i was tossing up Hess to Whitehead earlier in the week, though that was mostly because i'm not sure he's locked into that 80 minute edge role going forward, i just think it a bit disingenuous to advise others with phrases like 'he could score 20 from 80 minutes' when he's yet to score under double that mark injury-unaffected
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:07 pm

surmo13 wrote:

don't get me wrong, i'm not completely sold on him myself, i was tossing up Hess to Whitehead earlier in the week, though that was mostly because i'm not sure he's locked into that 80 minute edge role going forward, i just think it a bit disingenuous to advise others with phrases like 'he could score 20 from 80 minutes' when he's yet to score under double that mark injury-unaffected

Fair enough. Look I've tried to be really careful to preface a lot of what I have said with the fact that I am relatively new to Fantasy NRL and that my posts should be taken as suggestions/thinking points more than anything - but I kinda thought I'd been on here for long enough that it was starting to get a bit redundant posting that within every post. So when I noticed the poster (currently in 2nd) didn't get much response to his call for advice I thought I'd try to post something constructive and worth thinking about. He/she seems to be appreciative of what I wrote but look, I'm more than happy to stop posting anything like that if its gonna be a hinderance rather than a help. After being here for a while all I was trying to do was add something to the forum instead of just taking which is what a poster last week was complaining about a bit.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:10 pm

TrainNinja wrote:Anyone got thoughts on Jesse Bromwich and his form?

I haven't watched the games but he's cheap as chips and my forwards are in disarray.

It would be attached to some risk that he will pick up, but if your forwards are that bad then maybe it is time to take risks. He has only had 2 offloads all year, that used to be his trademark.

BE of 42 mate so getting close to bottoming out but more than likely loses a few more thousand this week.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Fair enough. Look I've tried to be really careful to preface a lot of what I have said with the fact that I am relatively new to Fantasy NRL and that my posts should be taken as suggestions/thinking points more than anything - but I kinda thought I'd been on here for long enough that it was starting to get a bit redundant posting that within every post. So when I noticed the poster (currently in 2nd) didn't get much response to his call for advice I thought I'd try to post something constructive and worth thinking about. He/she seems to be appreciative of what I wrote but look, I'm more than happy to stop posting anything like that if its gonna be a hinderance rather than a help. After being here for a while all I was trying to do was add something to the forum instead of just taking which is what a poster last week was complaining about a bit.

I've really enjoyed your posts this morning mate because it has sparked a constructive discussion for & against the merits of Hess which is great because every angle has been discussed. Good work.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 pm

I didn't jump on Frawley the other week so I'm happy to give Knik a run.
    I love Frawley as a player, but fantasy wise he's still a no go zone for me.

Feel free to trade out Hess... I for one are keeping him in my team, he might have a few low scoring rounds, but we've all seen what he's capable of.

I'm holding onto CHN as well, he can be my sleeper cash cow.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:24 pm

I've slowly dropped in ranking the last few rounds, not scoring badly, but kinda middle of the road.
    I blame players like McInnes and Norman, who have had some below average scores. The dragons have been too good... And the reshuffle at the eels hasn't done Norman any favours.
    Hopefully they'll pick up this round, because I'm not going to trade them out
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:28 pm

TrainNinja wrote:Anyone got thoughts on Jesse Bromwich and his form?

I'd like to see some evidence he will return to gun scoring before jumping on.

After round 12, non-origin Storm players have a great bye schedule, so I'm kind of hoping his price can stay low until then.
    KiwiWarriors
    KiwiWarriors

Post by KiwiWarriors Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Is gutho or jacks a more immediate trade?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:29 am