NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Archer wrote:@bonezi89 here you go mate, take your pick http://www.raiders.com.au/team/player-profiles.html

What the fuck happened to Jack Wighton

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 5 Sloth

Also Shannon Boyd is a dead ringer for Shrek

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 5 REUe8A2Dzw7Kbkhkv3Zzp7VOl8mi0NteVfbvWtppi04eiL3jKVrgUa2pUblfRGdYPkrW=w300
    code delta
    code delta

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Post by code delta Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Who's your favourite poster?

Everyone.

Last edited by code delta on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robloomes
    robloomes

Post by robloomes Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Any advice for this team? First year playing, seem to be struggling...

Smith, (Brailey)
    JWH, Kaufusi, (Hoare, Yates)
    ET, Sione, S.Burgess, (S.Stone, Winterstein, Simpkins)
    Cleary, R.Jacks, (Elgey, J.Field)
    M.Jennings, D.Fusitua, (Kelly, Cotric)
    Teddy, RTS, Slater (Hayne, Uate)
    $339k in bank to play with, 26 trades.

My plan is to go Fusitua for Idris (not sure who to trade in here but I think Fusitua has to go, given him a fair shake), and Brailey to Cook if that looks good. This leaves me sitting on almost half a mil.

I don't want to miss out on the Frawley trade if he is named though.
    Next couple weeks trades was looking at going:
    Kaufasi, Yates, Winterstein, Elgey ------> J.Brom, Whitehead, Bodene, Norman/SJ

Thoughts/advice?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:10 pm

robloomes wrote:Any advice for this team? First year playing, seem to be struggling...

Smith, (Brailey)

My plan is to go Fusitua for Idris (not sure who to trade in here but I think Fusitua has to go, given him a fair shake), and Brailey to Cook if that looks good. This leaves me sitting on almost half a mil.

Thoughts/advice?
    wild CTR partnership mate Jennings ain't been going too bad, but Fusitua is ....interesting

great back 5, could do with some bulking up in your 2RF where ALOT of points can be scored, ET, Sam and SMat seems 1 or 2 down on what most teams have mate, I'd upgrade Winterstein to Gallen or Whitehead and Fusi to Idris

next week upgrade Elgey to Norman
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 pm

robloomes wrote:Any advice for this team? First year playing, seem to be struggling...

Smith, (Brailey)

Thoughts/advice?

Well quick 30 seconds at your team maybe...

Fusitua - Gun 2RF (Take your pick really). TBH maybe even get rid of Jennings instead as at least the Warriors play R12.
    Elgey - Frawley
    Winterstein - Graham

Those are 3 ideas anyway
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:17 pm

[quote="robloomes"]Any advice for this team? First year playing, seem to be struggling...

Smith, (Brailey)

Thoughts/advice?[/quote

You could probably defer the Idris trade if you want Frawley. Idris away at the Cowboys will be a hard game for him to score well in. So just go:
    Brailey out - Cook in &
    Field out - Frawley in

If Frawley isn't named you can do the Idris trade if you want.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:31 pm

Smith, (Brailey)

Thoughts/advice?

Hey man. I'm pretty new at this too, but it looks like you have a pretty decent team to work with.

I'm not so sure I would bring in Idris. You already have a solid bank and a few cashies there still making a bit of $$$. I think Idris looked good last week but he's not gonna set the world on fire. Bringing in a gun 2RF or FRF is probably your best bet to shore up your scoring.

There's really a heap to choose from, so you can find the one you think is best. If you are concerned about preserving $$$ for that planned upgrade to Norman/SI, I think J.Wallace is still a bargain at $399K. You could also bring that HLF upgrade in a week early if you aren't so concerned about Fusitua, although if he's losing money I can see prioritising getting him out. Still, never to early to get SJ.
    charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

Post by charliemurphy Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Someone played silly buggers this week and now Im 1k short of getting Aubbs and 17k short of Croker.

Instead Im gonna cut my loses and bring in Leilua. I had him for most of last year and he was an absolute gem, Im just looking at his current stats and they're scaring me especially after what I saw last year.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:28 am

So have decided to go with this team for the week, pending team lists.
    Just using the one trade.
    Jacks to slater
    Then next week I plan to go F. Kafusi - J. Bromwich and B.Kelly or K. Ponga - J. Hayne

This weeks team

A. McCullough (J. Brailey)
    J. McGuire, J. Graham
    F. Kafusi, P. Gallen, S. Mannering (C. Hawira-Naera)
    S. Johnson, C. Norman (C. Gutherson)
    J. Leilua, J. Idris (N. Cotric)
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, B. Slater

Hopefully Brailey can have a big game to last a few more weeks money wise.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:08 am

If SMat misses this week do you trade him out?

This concussion issue he has could be on-going.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:37 am

bonezi89 wrote:

Thanks mate, the team is ultimately a product of the conclusions I've drawn from all your collective facts and opinions so couldn't have done it without y'all in a way! Haha in the spirit of diplomacy I'm always keen to read anything from anyone with an avatar Very Happy

I'll grab this as a chance to encourage all to have an actual pic in their avatar. Caaarnts.
    bonezi89
    bonezi89

Post by bonezi89 Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:11 am

Revraiser wrote:

I'll  grab this as a chance to encourage all to have an actual pic in their avatar. Caaarnts.

I've completed my avatar rite of passage, what secrets of nrl fantasy do I gain access to now?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am

I would want to see a few decent scores from BJ before I consider him a centre keeper. There is a long list of players that have one season of keeper scores before disappearing into the abyss and last year was his first fantasy relevant season
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:26 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:I would want to see a few decent scores from BJ before I consider him a centre keeper. There is a long list of players that have one season of keeper scores before disappearing into the abyss and last year was his first fantasy relevant season
    Wasnt his first mate he was a borderline gun keeper in CTR year before last
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 am

dreamers wrote:If SMat misses this week do you trade him out?

This concussion issue he has could be on-going.

If he didn't put up 39 points in 33 minutes last week I'd probably say yes. But he was looking lethal last week. May be one of those wait and see things. I'm expecting him not play, but will hold. If the next game he comes off again, I think that just about does it.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 am

Finally caught up and will be out all day, so will have to catch up again tonight - welcome aboard Welcome  to all the new guys enjoy the ride, well done to HB ,OTBP and SASZ on your rankings keep up the good work, always floating around the top each year HB.

Last edited by Aardvark Ratnick on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:35 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:I would want to see a few decent scores from BJ before I consider him a centre keeper. There is a long list of players that have one season of keeper scores before disappearing into the abyss and last year was his first fantasy relevant season

Yep, this is basically what I said yesterday. Its like people think all of a sudden they are going to bring in player X once he has bottomed out and he is going to start magically scoring 50's every week.

No need to rush things, just take a step back and wait.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:41 am

Welshy wrote:
    Wasnt his first mate he was a borderline gun keeper in CTR year before last

Averaged close to 50 last year, 30 in 2015, 40 in 2014. Maybe the 50 was a blip because he doesn't seem as fit as last year, not quite as involved. Think he could come down in price even more.
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:50 am

Warriors wrote:

Averaged close to 50 last year, 30 in 2015, 40 in 2014. Maybe the 50 was a blip because he doesn't seem as fit as last year, not quite as involved. Think he could come down in price even more.
    To me it looks like he has been told to decrease the amount of offloads as well. Last year he would try and offload on nearly every run, I think Ricky has been in his ear to play a safer style of footy.
    This is just an observation from me watching the games I don't have any stats on his actual average offloads per game but it would be interesting.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:09 am

Finch wrote:

Yep, this is basically what I said yesterday. Its like people think all of a sudden they are going to bring in player X once he has bottomed out and he is going to start magically scoring 50's every week.

No need to rush things, just take a step back and wait.
    Got to look at his position though and the inconsistencies in its scoring generally, unless you have an Aubbs playing 80 in the 2RF you ain't stringing 40s together week after week, it's only been 5 weeks reckon he had a quiet spell last year in amongst some of his monster scores.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am