NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 am

Hey guys! Love going through these threads, both the research and banter is ace.

However, I need some help right now with my trades:

Smith Brailey (R)
    JWH, PVaughan, FKaufusi (R), Clay Priest
    Taumalolo, ET, Hess, Corey Harawira-Naera (R), Yates, Stimson
    Lamb, Keary, Jacks (R), Elgey
    SMat, Idris, Kelly, Suli
    Turbo, Cotric, RTS, Abbey, Hayne

500k ITB

I have been burning trades to set my team up this way scoring low to mid 700s. Goal is now to find ways to boost my team with quality players. I was keen on PODene and Whitehead but question marks? Also, when should I upgrade Brailey and my halves?

Any help would be appreciated!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 27

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:24 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Hey guys! Love going through these threads, both the research and banter is ace.

However, I need some help right now with my trades:

Smith Brailey (R)
    JWH, PVaughan, FKaufusi (R), Clay Priest
    Taumalolo, ET, Hess, Corey Harawira-Naera (R), Yates, Stimson
    Lamb, Keary, Jacks (R), Elgey
    SMat, Idris, Kelly, Suli
    Turbo, Cotric, RTS, Abbey, Hayne

500k ITB

I have been burning trades to set my team up this way scoring low to mid 700s. Goal is now to find ways to boost my team with quality players. I was keen on PODene and Whitehead but question marks? Also, when should I upgrade Brailey and my halves?

Any help would be appreciated!

You could upgrade Brailiey to McInnes then you might have enough left to upgrade Lamb or even Keary to a Norman/Johnson?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 am

Thinking of not making any trades this week. Have used a few so far, I feel like the players I would consider trading out still have some $$ in them. That and a lack of quality options.

Current team:

Smith, Brailey
    Wallace, Vaughan, FKaufsi, Yates
    Gallen, McGuire, JDB, Kbrom, CNH, Stone
    Cronk, Walker, Elgey, Jacks
    Cotric, Kelly, Idris, Moga
    gutherson, Rts, Abbey, Ponga, Phythian.

Im very thin in the Backs, but Im just not really sure how to address situation. I have 110K in the bank, which doesn't allow me to straight swap anyone in that improves the situation in one trade.

Only option I can think is Phythian out Frawley in via Walker Dpp. Would leave my halves as Cronk, Jacks, Elgy, Frawley and my WFB: CWalker, Gutherson, RTS, Abbey
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:48 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:So have decided to go with this team for the week, pending team lists.
    Just using the one trade.
    Jacks to slater
    Then next week I plan to go F. Kafusi - J. Bromwich and B.Kelly or K. Ponga - J. Hayne

This weeks team

A. McCullough (J. Brailey)
    J. McGuire, J. Graham
    F. Kafusi, P. Gallen, S. Mannering (C. Hawira-Naera)
    S. Johnson, C. Norman (C. Gutherson)
    J. Leilua, J. Idris (N. Cotric)
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, B. Slater

Hopefully Brailey can have a big game to last a few more weeks money wise.

Why Jacks out mate ?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:04 am

So early mail appears as though Farah will probably only miss 1 week. Definitely not worth a trade down from Smith/McInnes/Macca but probably still an option for those with Brailey given his minutes should increase and he could keep the starting spot.

Targets this week for me could be Frawley, Idris, GGM, BJ, Whitehead, Croker, Rapana, Graham, Gallen, Surgess, Teddy, Vaughan.

Probably just need to focus on two round 12 players from now on to be honest.

A lot will depend on outcomes of Yates, CHN etc as to whether I need to trade this week to get a 17 I'm happy with.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:07 am

Hingano > Frawley, if named. That's it this week. Looked at Pritchard > Cook, but I think Kaysa has another $100k yet and he is bye friendly. His tackle counts are huge, but he needs to learn to hang on. Every time he lets a player go, who is already wrapped up, he gets a MT. Shits me to tears.

Team is this;

Smith, Pritchard
    MCGuire, Vaughan, Kaufusi
    Surgess, Taylor, Hess, CHN, Yates
    SJ, Frawley
    SMat, Turbo
    RTS, Walker, Slater

Papalli,Bateman, Jacks, Idris, Kelly, Jennings, Pythian, fogarty

1121 rank, fuck all cash.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:12 am

As long as Cook can average 35 in the starting role I'm happy to make use of him. With Bodene struggling with injury getting that 2nd gun HOK is top priority for me now
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:18 am

Warriors wrote:So early mail appears as though Farah will probably only miss 1 week.

That's the worst possible situation to know if bringing Cook in is a good move.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 am

wolfking wrote:

You could upgrade Brailiey to McInnes then you might have enough left to upgrade Lamb or even Keary to a Norman/Johnson?

I was considering that option as Johnson is form this season. If I go this way, I'm concerned about upgrading my other Half and also whether I will miss out on more cash from Brailey. This option will only leave me 7k which means I may struggle swapping out my cashies.

Side note: I'm relatively new to Fantasy with only 1 season before this one, so still amateur at how to build my team for byes etc. Should I be concerned yet?
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:33 am

@Rapture_NRL I'm concerned about upgrading my other Half and also whether I will miss out on more cash

From my own experience when I upgraded my 'other half' it cost me a lot of cash but I'm scoring better now.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:34 am

Those looking at BJ have to take into account those lowish scores are without whitehead on that edge. Whitehead is the unsung hero in the leipana bromance and is back there this week. I think the one week Whitehead was on the right edge this year he got a 50 from memory
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 am

Warriors wrote:So early mail appears as though Farah will probably only miss 1 week. Definitely not worth a trade down from Smith/McInnes/Macca but probably still an option for those with Brailey given his minutes should increase and he could keep the starting spot.

Targets this week for me could be Frawley, Idris, GGM, BJ, Whitehead, Croker, Rapana, Graham, Gallen, Surgess, Teddy, Vaughan.

Probably just need to focus on two round 12 players from now on to be honest.

A lot will depend on outcomes of Yates, CHN etc as to whether I need to trade this week to get a 17 I'm happy with.

wolfking wrote:

That's the worst possible situation to know if bringing Cook in is a good move.

Good news for Farah... fantasy wise not so good...
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 am

Finally caught up. On holidays at the moment. A few things:

In regards to TBO's assertion no one would have predicted an 80 from Gallen, I pretty much did. From thread 21:

"Can't help but think this Gallen trade talk reminds me of this exact round last year with Merrin. Three mediocre scores (I traded him out) and then an 83 the following week. I don't have Gallen, but I tend to agree with Bren, he's a hold."

Second, @wolfking sorry if I talked you in to the Bodene trade but hopefully it's just the one game and your team looks good, similar to mine, just not getting the luck.

Speaking of luck I don't think it was luck at all as some have suggested, that I played CHN and Cotric, I honestly thought they would score well and I predicted that Brailey wouldn't score well last week.

So that's probably enough bragging about my predictions that came true. That's all I've got to brag about unfortunately given my current rank of 6092 Sad .
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:50 am

mulvy wrote:Second, @wolfking sorry if I talked you in to the Bodene trade but hopefully it's just the one game and your team looks good, similar to mine, just not getting the luck.

Certainly not your fault mate.  Everyone makes their own decisions.  It was just one of those things.  Was on track for a 40-45 game which would have been fine.  The injury is just really really bad luck haha.  This board is great to get updates and ideas from other players and even though at times it seems we all seem to persuade and talk each other into go a certain way, no one should ever hold anyone else accountable for decisions they make.  At the end of the day, I clicked the button to put him in my team, no one else.

The funny thing is, I have two teams.  Not sure if that's really allowed or sneaky or whatever and I wish that team were in these fanatics leagues.  No time or thought spent on it at all and I'm ranked 1800ish.  My main team I'm just outside the top 12000, go figure.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Thoughts on these trades:
    Brailey out - K. Pritchard in
    Field out - Frawley in if named

I don't have enough cash in bank to bring in Cook & Frawley

Will give me:
    Smith, Pritchard
    Fifita, Wallace, F. Kaufusi, Yates
    JDB, Surgess, McGuire, Hess, CHN, Winterstein
    SJ, Lamb, Jacks, Frawley
    Idris, Cotric, Talakai, Kelly
    RTS, Gutherson, Ponga, Abbey, R. Jennings
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:05 pm

I remember at the end of last season someone worked out the best team you could have started with, made no trades through out the season (I think).

It think it was fairly close to what a lot of people had at the start of the season. Minus a few bolters that not many would have picked. Anywho, from memory it would have got them in top 2000.

Moral of this story. Trade rage for short term gains only.

*says the bloke with 26 trades left.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:08 pm

White Lightning wrote:Thoughts on these trades:
    Brailey out - K. Pritchard in
    Field out - Frawley in if named

I don't have enough cash in bank to bring in Cook & Frawley

Will give me:
    Smith, Pritchard
    Fifita, Wallace, F. Kaufusi, Yates
    JDB, Surgess, McGuire, Hess, CHN, Winterstein
    SJ, Lamb, Jacks, Frawley
    Idris, Cotric, Talakai, Kelly
    RTS, Gutherson, Ponga, Abbey, R. Jennings

Not really sold on Pritchard, but he's an interesting option. Could simply improve as the year goes one I guess, and good for byes. Actually seems a safer option than Cook, but Cook is just so much better.

I doubt we see Frawley named in the starting 13, but time will tell.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Bummer that Hess got 20 points on the weekend... kind of brought the Hess-Express to a halt... with a break-even of 41
    Are we expecting Hess to keep playing big minutes?
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Guys would you go Lamb or ELgey for Frawley if named? I understand Lamb is a better scoring option but the cash grab would be nice.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Scouter wrote:Guys would you go Lamb or ELgey for Frawley if named? I understand Lamb is a better scoring option but the cash grab would be nice.

If you're playing neither of them then go Lamb - more cash, no loss in points
    If you are playing both of them, trade Elgey - increase in points + small amount of cash.

If you're playing one of them, then that is Lamb - suggest trading Elgey. We don't know Frawley's job security and he could be gone in a week, leaving you having to play Elgey.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 pm