NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW State of Origin side 2017

NSW State of Origin side 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

Post by Guest Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:38 am

NSW State of Origin side 2017 - Page 2 C7uMYkWVMAQMVF9
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Just having a think about it now, its still crazy that we cant pick who many of the absolute certainties are for the blues.

At the moment, the absolute certainties (if healthy) I can see are:

Woods
    Klemmer
    Cordner
    Maloney
    Fergo
    Dugan
    Jackson

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Pieman wrote:Just having a think about it now, its still crazy that we cant pick who many of the absolute certainties are for the blues.

Woods
    Klemmer
    Cordner
    Maloney
    Fergo
    Dugan
    Jackson

I would have Friz as a certainty over Jackson, form and ability. But JJ seems to grow a leg in origin, Moylan is also nailed on i reckons
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Pieman wrote:Just having a think about it now, its still crazy that we cant pick who many of the absolute certainties are for the blues.

Woods
    Klemmer
    Cordner
    Maloney
    Fergo
    Dugan
    Jackson

Teddie, Farah and Fafita?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:18 am

Welshy wrote:
    I would have Friz as a certainty over Jackson, form and ability. But JJ seems to grow a leg in origin, Moylan is also nailed on i reckons

i think both friz and jackson would be certs.

i wouldn't be shocked to see daley go with 4 edge players (cordner, jackson, friz & graham) with friz and jackson spending some time in the middle

probably depends if he has a utility or goes 4 forwards
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:21 am

code delta wrote:

none of them are certs

teddy should be the clear front runner bu the amount of fullbacks in the running stop him from being a cert

farah has been poor, he may still get there but his form hasn't been worthy thus far

Fifita's showed last year that he can be a brain snap away from costiing us an origin game, he is NSW's most damaging prop but his stupidoty is gonna always put doubt into the selectors minds
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 am

who is everyone's captain ?

i kinda hope its Boyd cordner, if healthy, he is the one player i look at think he'll be a mainstay in the team for the next 5 years without a doubt
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 am

leaguegod wrote:who is everyone's captain ?

i kinda hope its Boyd cordner, if healthy, he is the one player i look at think he'll be a mainstay in the team for the next 5 years without a doubt
    Won't happen but I would like to see James in over Woods, as the big minute prop. Just tackle and bend the line for 60 and carry the capataincy into the game, he was outstanding last year and is far more damaging than woodsy. Cordner is a great shout because he is a nailed on starter and looks like a stalwart for years as you say! Don't want Pearce having the extra responsibility, We need someone to have it and play at origin level week in week out for their club to deserve the armband every time origin rolls around not just because they were the captain last time. Think Cordner fits that bill. Merrin fits my description as well
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:09 am

I'd give the captaincy to Cordner, he is a good leader and will likely play 80

Woods is so laid back about everything, he is on a constant bong
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Mitchell Pearce Capt.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 pm

code delta wrote:

they may all be there but none are certainties.
    I would love it if loz came out and said - Tedesco is the fullback, Fifita will be in the team etc etc.
    Those 7 I mentioned though at the only ones that will definitely be there.

Guys like Moylan, Ted, Farah, Fifita, Tamou, Friz, Graham, Bird, Jennings, Boyd, Merrin and so on may all be there, but arent certainties

I think the halves will be Pearce and Maloney, with Moylan missing out.
    I wouldnt mind Pearce as the 14, called for it a few years ago.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm

leaguegod wrote:who is everyone's captain ?

Cordner seems to have been the appointed one for about 3 seasons now, and it appears that's probably justified. Apart from his leadership qualities and the fact he'll probably play 70 minutes +, he is one of the few guys who you can say is a certainty and use for team launches, promotion etc well before the actual team is selected. Other than that James Moloney maybe???

I'm not sure how many other club captains or senior leaders will actually be picked. Woods will be there, but he seems to have gotten the Tigers job by default more than anything else. Farah, Moylan might be there, but are no certainty. Pearce will probably be picked, but imagine all the jokes going around about his off field record, as well as his record in Origin.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Wouldnt shock me if Woods was captain.
    Gross.

The pillow shouldnt even be in the side.
    Very good club level prop but fuck, I cant remember the last time I saw him have a decent run or put a good hit on.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:34 am

Pieman wrote:Wouldnt shock me if Woods was captain.
    Gross.

Very good club level prop but fuck, I cant remember the last time I saw him have a decent run or put a good hit on.

How much do you read into Aaron Woods being the NSW representative at the State of Origin launch earlier this week? Cooper Cronk rather than Cam Smith was the QLD representative, so maybe not much.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Pieman wrote:Wouldnt shock me if Woods was captain.
    Gross.

This was a pretty solid run.

Spoiler:
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Dip wrote:

How much do you read into Aaron Woods being the NSW representative at the State of Origin launch earlier this week? Cooper Cronk rather than Cam Smith was the QLD representative, so maybe not much.

Yeah I guess that is what I was going off.
    Depends who was around though really at the time that could make it
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:55 am

farah isn't working at souths, i was one that thought eh would bounce back but it hasn't been there, i know he was injured in the short time he had last night but souths looked better for having cook, i can't see an argument for piking farah now

people are laughing at daley suggesting wallace on twitter but i'm ok with it. We have no great options and wallace is the type of player that won't let you down, tough defender, solid passing and kicking game, he'll do a job
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:37 am

If they are looking for someone better than Farah then maybe they should start by looking at the guy who is out playing him at his own club.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Totally agree - willace will give good service, defend well and give his all. I think if he is the hooker though, that there needs to be a young bench hooker there too. If peats is has 5/6 games under his belt by then, then him but the next is line is prob Brailey, which is pretty scary

converting pearce to a hooker/14 is the right option IMO but wont happen
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:02 pm

The peach.. he is the kind of player that should get a start in SOO but wont.
    He is basically the perfect 14. Covers every position besides front row and prob fullback, but thats fine if we have 5 fullbacks in the side.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am