NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:35 pm

SpotTheOzzie wrote:Thanks Milchy, I'll check those links after work mate!

Boozecluez wrote:

Hey mate, welcome. Best thing about here is everyone is working to help each other, rather than undermine each other. Plus some serious talented fantasy coaches so helps to push yourself
    Where do you usually post ?

Will have to check out your YouTube video, feel free to check out some of the other threads people have done too with special mention to the 'late mail' thread for game day.

I dabble across various Fantasy Groups on Facebook [Fantasy Lounge mainly - small community but tight knit] and Reddit NRL. I'll probably roam around here a lot more seeing how active and Fantasy orientated this forum is. I only heard about this place because someone had commented on my video saying come check out this community and here I am!

Glad to be here! Not sure if you guys do Fantasy pub meets for Fri/Sat night games but I'd be keen (Y)

A few of us have met up for a game/beer/concert in the past.

I think the difference with this and FB is that we are anonymous technically posting on here, unless we choose not to be. But instead of that tempting posters to be more aggro or keyboard warriors, it is actually the complete opposite. We all seem to be reasonably similar people on here.

Fanatics has taken over from where Sportal left off, and Sportal was pretty much the pioneering DT group back in 2009/2010. We are talking about the days when PPM wasn't a thing; and very few people knew how to calculate price rises or BE's. Personally I didn't find Sportal till 2011 and quite a few of the posters on here were allready on there. I wasn't brave enough to do my first post till 2012-the information and talent on there was that overwhelming.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Ross96p wrote:Where do we see the players break even

Page 1 of this thread (and should be put into page 1 of every thread going forward)

Those are my own calculated BEs. If you want to see the official BEs, pay for fantasy coach and you can see them on the fantasy website

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Surely another Mata'utia brother slots in somewhere.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:37 pm

[quote="Milchcow"]

You should use BEs to determine when to trade, not who to trade.

Time so they have maxxed out/bottomed out, depending on if you are buying or selling. Don't get someone solely because they have a low BE. 2 weeks of average scores and that BE is gone, but you still have the player[/quote

Once again your wisdom prevails mate.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:39 pm

@ wackos. Gubb failed to finish the game due to concussion. He'll have to be cleared to be available for round 2.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:39 pm

White Lightning wrote:
    Ross96p wrote:Where do we see the players break even

Milchy has posted these on page 38 comment 758 on this thread. He will post these every week & it's very much appreciated by everyone on here.

As WL said, and they are generally linked/posted on the 1st page of every thread as well.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:40 pm

SI wrote:

I think the difference with this and FB is that we are anonymous technically posting on here, unless we choose not to be.   But instead of that tempting posters to be more aggro or keyboard warriors, it is actually the complete opposite.  We all seem to be reasonably similar people on here.

I think being away from facebook/reddit,  we avoid most of the young dickhead/troll crowd, so we can have more of a civilised debate. Most of us are old bastards, relatively speaking, and don't feel the need to be massive keyboard warriors.
    Neillo
    Neillo

Post by Neillo Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:41 pm

So...the weekend was probably the most depressing round of fantasy for me ever

Feels like I'm now up a certain creek without a certain instrument - every single decision I made turned out to be awful and I'm way off the pace

Team:
    Smith (c) Macca
    JBrom Sad DSaifiti Mad IPapalii Yates
    Surgess Merrin McGuire KBrom SMat Kaufusi
    Taylor Lamb Elgey Field
    Kelly Talakai Idris Moga
    Hayne RTS Python Sad Suli Cotric

As you can see...extremely craptacular after rnd 1...the only thing keeping me going now is my picture of Boozy on top of my computer and my Rocky soundtrack...
    And just to compound things a few days before round one I had McInnes, DeBelin, Gutho and no JBrom in there.....

Good news is my cheapies are making money and my "guns" are hopefully going to come right long term

I've got 5k in the bank so am about 4k short of doing JBrom/Saifit - Barnett/Wallace

Lost cause? Where to go from here?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    SI wrote:

I think the difference with this and FB is that we are anonymous technically posting on here, unless we choose not to be.   But instead of that tempting posters to be more aggro or keyboard warriors, it is actually the complete opposite.  We all seem to be reasonably similar people on here.

I think being away from facebook/reddit,  we avoid most of the young dickhead/troll crowd, so we can have more of a civilised debate. Most of us are old bastards, relatively speaking, and don't feel the need to be massive keyboard warriors.

Yep, and the younger lads on here were clearly raised well, haha. But yes, I reckon the average age on here would be early to mid 30's. Obviously the range is between 18ish and 60 odd though.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:44 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Won't be a good scorer until Farah is gone. Like I said preseason Farah killed the Tigers forwards in attack and is doing the same at Souths. Surgess had 103 run metres this week down from 153 average last year. Same thing happened with Woods in games with Farah vs without

I will keep an eye on this... Suspect

...is this known as the Farah Factor?

I'm not in a rush to trade Surgess out, but if his Run Metres continue to stay low...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:48 pm

at the moment I've gone Turbo -> Suli (Cotric to start), Pritchard -> McInnes

Don't really want to turf Turbo after one game, but i need to find massive funds to bring in McInnes because it looks like he'll be a must-have and i'm not panic trading Captain Cam, my other thought was to just let Pritchard do his thing and move Cronk & Lawrence on, but now that the latter is the last prop standing at Lottoland i might hang on to him.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Neillo wrote:So...the weekend was probably the most depressing round of fantasy for me ever

Feels like I'm now up a certain creek without a certain instrument - every single decision I made turned out to be awful and I'm way off the pace

Team:
    Smith (c) Macca
    JBrom Sad  DSaifiti Mad IPapalii Yates
    Surgess Merrin McGuire KBrom SMat Kaufusi
    Taylor Lamb Elgey Field
    Kelly Talakai Idris Moga
    Hayne RTS Python  Sad  Suli Cotric

As you can see...extremely craptacular after rnd 1...the only thing keeping me going now is my picture of Boozy on top of my computer and my Rocky soundtrack...
    And just to compound things a few days before round one I had McInnes, DeBelin, Gutho and no JBrom in there.....

Good news is my cheapies are making money and my "guns" are hopefully going to come right long term

I've got 5k in the bank so am about 4k short of doing JBrom/Saifit - Barnett/Wallace

Lost cause? Where to go from here?

Yeah, I saw you down there mate when I was checking the Overall earlier Shocked
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Party people whats the prognosis on Daifiti? Im just gonna looking for any news...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 pm

In hindsight it may have been foolish to go JDB - Surgess pre lockout, but the extra cash helped me elsewhere, so it is what it is.

Now I have to consider how much of a priority it is to get JDB in,  and ho wlikely it is for Surgess's score to rebound. Certainly I think it will go up from last week, but working out the difference between JDB/Surgess is crucial.
    If you are going to make the trade it has to be this week as medium term they aren't getting any close in price

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:50 pm

@Neillo -

Short term I would swap McGuire into your FRF and maybe trade Saifiti to someone like Musgrove or Wallace and make Faufusi your last reserve. It means you get to keep Bromwich who may be back within 2 weeks and only costs you a trade. Just a thought...
    Neillo
    Neillo

Post by Neillo Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:53 pm

SI wrote:

Yeah, I saw you down there mate when I was checking the Overall earlier Shocked

Waaaaaay down there - humble apologies for any league I'm in dragging its average down Sad
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:54 pm

silvertop wrote:Party people whats the prognosis on Daifiti? Im just gonna looking for any news...

Not worth keeping, won't be making money for a while with that low score of 19
    Even if he starts scoring 40ish for a while

There are better cows available for potentially the same score that will make you $$$

Last edited by Chewie on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:55 pm

surmo13 wrote:at the moment I've gone Turbo -> Suli (Cotric to start), Pritchard -> McInnes

cheers, that will ensure me a 70 from Tommy T this week bounce santa
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:56 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Milchy has posted these on page 38 comment 758 on this thread. He will post these every week & it's very much appreciated by everyone on here.

Indeed it is thanks Michy I gave you an upvote.

Finally caught up on the thread after being away for the weekend. I was able to keep up with team lists but had no time for the goss on here. Pretty darn happy with round one. 818 and rank 2064. Won my L1 match up by one point! Sorry @Sik, looks like my JDB's 92 vs your teddies 91 was the difference. I'd like to try and get Teddy in but am thinking Kromwich, ET, Dalker, Turbo are all holds. Will probably just go Python to Moga (via dpp) for the single trade
    Neillo
    Neillo

Post by Neillo Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Bren wrote:@Neillo -

Short term I would swap McGuire into your FRF and maybe trade Saifiti to someone like Musgrove or Wallace and make Faufusi your last reserve. It means you get to keep Bromwich who may be back within 2 weeks and only costs you a trade. Just a thought...

Yeah...depends a bit on Bromwich eh....expensive player to have on my bench - I'm ok with mass trades at the start of the season to set it right tho
    Saifiti is definitely gone as he'll bleed money for a while which I can't afford now and If I hear Bromwich is out for 3 weeks or longer then he's gone as well

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:41 pm