NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Fraser wrote:Some help would be great guys. My wife and I have just had our first baby and I have no time at all this week to research my trades. Would love some input on what to do this week. My team is as follows:

Smith McCullough
    McGuire Kaufusi Papalii Yates
    Gallen JDB Aubusson Matautia Sironen Stone
    Johnson Elgey Lamb Field
    Idris Talakai Cotric Kelly
    Trbojevic Hayne RTS Suli Pythian

10k bank
    Thanks in advance legends!

Congratulations Fraser.  Shanbon and Dananz also letting progeny disrupt the start to their Fantasy seasons over the last few weeks!

Not sure if you are, but wouldn't be worried about Turbo.  He was an inch away from making that 20 odd point play he does so well in the 2nd half.  

Your second row is similar to mine-except I took Manners instead of JBD.  Really not sure what I want to do there.  I had Barnett till an hour before lockout but Buhrer moving into the middle in defense had me spooked.  If Manners is not 100% then I may do that trade.  The cash grab doesn't make it sideways for me.

Gallen was disappointing to me in the sense that he didn't hit any crash balls close to the line-just didn't seem like he wanted to score.  Did you wtch the game?

Maubbs got no ball, they went down Cordner's side all night, and Cordner was pretty average I though in reality.  So that could change this week hopefully.

Last edited by SI on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Didn't Dalker score 40? Absolute madness to trade him out.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Chewie wrote:

Not worth keeping, won't be making money for a while with that low score of 19
    Even if he starts, scoring 40ish for a while

There are better cows available for potentially the same score that will make you $$$

Hmm cheers Chew. Im gonna rewatch the game and try pick whats different. His last 5 avg is a tick over 42 so he's not gonna leak dramatically. I want to watch wallaces minutes for one more week and can straight trade anyway. But i want barnett to be in the 17 asap cos he has the gun potential imo. Ive got mannerz so he can probably become barnett.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Frankenstein, 30 about expected average?
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Bren wrote:Surely another Mata'utia brother slots in somewhere.

Hah yeh there's heaps of them
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:02 pm

White Lightning wrote:@ wackos. Gubb failed to finish the game due to concussion. He'll have to be cleared to be available for round 2.

Do you reckon it was Gubb's best game? I have always thought he was ridiculously over rated, but he was straight up no nonsense with his hit ups and tackled well.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 pm

my tv broke wrote:

cheers, that will ensure me a 70 from Tommy T this week bounce santa

I mean, I'm not a member of the KOD club to go expecting that outcome, but then again i was one of the ones last year that hopped off the Merrin Train the week before it became the Merrin Shinkansen, so you might be onto something.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Showbags wrote:Frankenstein, 30 about expected average?

I think mid 20's to low 30's bro. Just a slow burner in the background. Do u already have?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:In hindsight it may have been foolish to go JDB - Surgess pre lockout, but the extra cash helped me elsewhere, so it is what it is.

Now I have to consider how much of a priority it is to get JDB in,  and ho wlikely it is for Surgess's score to rebound. Certainly I think it will go up from last week, but working out the difference between JDB/Surgess is crucial.
    If you are going to make the trade it has to be this week as medium term they aren't getting any close in price

Watching both games that Surgess & JDB played to me if you take away JDB's try/tb's he's much much busier than Surgess. JDB just seems a much better fantasy asset than Surgess is. That coupled with what MS posted re the run metres of Surgess being lowered with Farah (makes sense when you see how greedy Farah is) & also the fact that Mary said JDB will play 80 mins whereas Surgess will play around 70 has me wanting to move Surgess on to JDB this week. I actually think that JDB will become the number one 2fr this year.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:07 pm

silvertop wrote:

I think mid 20's to low 30's bro. Just a slow burner in the background. Do u already have?

Nah dont have him, wasn't planning on trading him in if 30 is about his usual ceiling. Was just double checking though, especially with AFB and Kapow out for 2 weeks. Just looking for an edge, trades in first few rounds have biggest impact. 1 trade is set on phythian, but I also have JBrom, just waiting on more infor on him though. They come out and say 2 weeks I will keep, 3 weeks and it is hello Barnett.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:10 pm

@ Fraser. That's awesome mate. Congrats.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:12 pm

SI wrote:

Congratulations Fraser.  Shanbon and Dananz also letting progeny disrupt the start to their Fantasy seasons over the last few weeks!

Not sure if you are, but wouldn't be worried about Turbo.  He was an inch away from making that 20 odd point play he does so well in the 2nd half.  

Your second row is similar to mine-except I took Manners instead of JBD.  Really not sure what I want to do there.  I had Barnett till an hour before lockout but Buhrer moving into the middle in defense had me spooked.  If Manners is not 100% then I may do that trade.  The ash grab doesn't make it sideways for me.

Gallen was disappointing to me in the sense that he didn't hit any crash balls close to the line-just didn't seem like he wanted to score.  Did you wtch the game?

Maubbs got no ball, they went down Cordner's side all night, and Cordner was pretty average I though in reality.  So that could change this week hopefully.

Yeh it sux i got spooked on mcinnes, wallace, barnett, mgordon and keary dammit. But i thought id go with the brain and do the gun thing. No regrets though. 755, rank ~10K and 25 rounds to go.

Re: gallen i personally saw him play close to his normal game. But nowehre NEAR enough offloads for my fantasy eyes, and his arm was free at least 3 times. I was yelling at the tv lol. Back in the day he offloaded given less than half a chance. And im preeeetty sure i saw him take a crash ball and got stopped half a metre from the line. I actually thought he was going over (fantasy bias).

On another note guys I swear SKD did a lot more than what his 23 reflects. I dont have him but i was surprised to see that. Anyways.

Bunty Afoa?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:15 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Watching both games that Surgess & JDB played to me if you take away JDB's try/tb's he's much much busier than Surgess. JDB just seems a much better fantasy asset than Surgess is. That coupled with what MS posted re the run metres of Surgess being lowered with Farah (makes sense when you see how greedy Farah is) & also the fact that Mary said JDB will play 80 mins whereas Surgess will play around 70 has me wanting to move Surgess on to JDB this week. I actually think that JDB will become the number one 2fr this year.

Surgess vs manly tho. No Taupau, no AFB..
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:16 pm

SI wrote:

Do you reckon it was Gubb's best game?  I have always thought he was ridiculously over rated, but he was straight up no nonsense with his hit ups and tackled well.

I agree. He's too 1 dimensional for a modern day prop. Lillyman is the same although he does provide good punch off the bench. I don't know why Sipley isn't in the 17. Maybe he's not fit enough because he only seems to last 20 mins. If he can get his attitude right he has great potential.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Neillo wrote:So...the weekend was probably the most depressing round of fantasy for me ever

Feels like I'm now up a certain creek without a certain instrument - every single decision I made turned out to be awful and I'm way off the pace

Team:
    Smith (c) Macca
    JBrom Sad  DSaifiti Mad IPapalii Yates
    Surgess Merrin McGuire KBrom SMat Kaufusi
    Taylor Lamb Elgey Field
    Kelly Talakai Idris Moga
    Hayne RTS Python  Sad  Suli Cotric

Lost cause? Where to go from here?

DSaifiti to Musgrove
    JBrom to Barnett via McGuire

leaves you will a little cash that i think next week youll need to use on Taylor, i dont see the upside there
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:22 pm

silvertop wrote:
    SI wrote:

Your second row is similar to mine-except I took Manners instead of JBD.  Really not sure what I want to do there.  I had Barnett till an hour before lockout but Buhrer moving into the middle in defense had me spooked.  If Manners is not 100% then I may do that trade.  The ash grab doesn't make it sideways for me.

Yeh it sux i got spooked on mcinnes, wallace, barnett, mgordon and keary dammit. But i thought id go with the brain and do the gun thing. No regrets though. 755, rank ~10K and 25 rounds to go.

Re: gallen i personally saw him play close to his normal game. But nowehre NEAR enough offloads for my fantasy eyes, and his arm was free at least 3 times. I was yelling at the tv lol. Back in the day he offloaded given less than half a chance. And im preeeetty sure i saw him take a crash ball and got stopped half a metre from the line. I actually thought he was going over (fantasy bias).

On another note guys I swear SKD did a lot more than what his 23 reflects. I dont have him but i was surprised to see that. Anyways.

Bunty Afoa?

That is good news with Gallen then.

I gave Gordon a thought as well, but would take a brave man to pick him on what was available elsewhere at WFB. I had Bunty until Podene turned up on the bench. Really thought Bunty would only got 50 or so minutes. Maybe Mannering's injury changed that, not sure.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:22 pm

silvertop wrote:Party people whats the prognosis on Daifiti? ...
    Does this mean that only people in L51 are allowed to answer your question. Laugh 3 Rolling Laugh
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Surgess vs manly tho. No Taupau, no AFB..

True HB. Also wacko posted Lane injured & what's left is Amone. Faingaa, Andrews, Bainbridge, Kennedy & Jamil Hopoate.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:25 pm

code delta wrote:
    silvertop wrote:Party people whats the prognosis on Daifiti? ...
    Does this mean that only people in L51 are allowed to answer your question. Laugh 3 Rolling Laugh

I got asked on FB this morning how many Leagues Fanatics had this year after L51 turned up in the rankings Laugh 3

Explained we only had 12 official, didn't even try to explain what L51 meant but! It's a feeling man, you have to be there Stoned

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Ive done it Elgy for Jacks. Bit sideways but its a quick cash grab Elgy was my fourth half non reserve anyway. Jacks just looked better and whoever said Elgy will have more attacking ops against the Knights I actually think the knights will win that game easily

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 pm