NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

pm888
    pm888

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by pm888 Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:31 pm

good thing is python plays after hayne, with these extended rosters

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:19 pm

silvertop wrote:Gday you blokes, old sportal user here, going back years. I didnt even know sportal forum was gone. Well i couldnt find it the other day anyway. I can see some of the oooold crew still around, you blokes really are tragics after all this time.

Welcome back Silvertop Smile
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:54 pm

silvertop wrote:Gday you blokes, old sportal user here, going back years. I didnt even know sportal forum was gone. Well i couldnt find it the other day anyway. I can see some of the oooold crew still around, you blokes really are tragics after all this time.

Hey mate, who were you on Sportal? I don't remember a silvertop. Allthough I can't remember what happened this morning nowadays either!
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Welcome back Silvertop Smile

Cheers bloke.

Ok here we go...

Cam, Brailey
    Gurgess, RJames, Starling, Felise
    JDB, Mannerz, McG, Wallace, SioneM, Siro
    AshT, Lamb, Elgey, Field
    Idris, Talakai, Cotric, Scott
    RTS, Hayne, whoever out of Python, Poga and Suli

Main weakness: Thin at the back.

HOK: Cant go past Cam. You blokes can keep your McInnes and Farah. Both good players but team and coach dynamics tells me no. And Storm need their king to keep the middle safe.

FRF: Ive got doubts on Gurgess and I know JWH is there but he's too angry.
    Im wondering if Starling is under priced by 8-10 points so there could be cash there. I know he's
    a bit of a plodder so Im hoping he can start with Daniel ahead of Mataora and be a beast like he used to be at Souths Juniors when he captained. Felise is a maybe. Dunno how EzyE and Perrett will actually be, Ofa is an ok look. I dont know enough about this IPapalii and Im not sure how many minutes Pulu can scam at GC. Got a lazy eye on NBrown at Parra cos of upside and byes. Would like to get Daifiti in there he's got some moderate cash ahead of him. Lazy eye on Bolton.

2RF: Gotta be strong somewhere. Hope debelin does the same as last season. I dont like matauitia up here but there's enough potential for $ in the centres to keep him up at 2RF, but at a risk that u blokes already know. Dont like siro, kromwich is too pricey, and i cannot trust elijah. Too much injury history with that chap but good luck to anyone with him. I can skimp on manners and JDB by bringing in Jurbo aaaand, im not sure yet. Not too keen on tepai but maybe ma'u.

HLF: Id like to go bigger but im happy with this crew. I think Ash is unders by 8-10 points. Same as Lamb. Field can hold a place, not too keen on Forans replacement. Lazy eye on TMM. Would like to start with Norman. Cannot for the life of me figure how Maloney can let his stats slide, well the answers obvious but i wish he'd lift the numbers.

CTR: Nothing worth mentioning cos u already know.

WFB: Quite lean but Ive seen worse over the years.

Well, thats enough justification hack at it if u will

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Welcome @silvertop

You've put a pretty solid team up, strong 2RF just like Booze (a high scoring forum member) likes it.
    Haven't seen many teams with RJames, but he should definitely have another gun year.
    Risky 3rd WFB, but by the sound of it many will be running Pythian if Haynes doesn't make round 1.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:26 pm

@SI

How are you mate? Back then i had 3 one after the other cos i kept forgetting email passwords geek i was 20valve, comegetsome then silvertop.

I started when arsen and ST were the kings so whats that, 4 seasons or longer? Its crazy to see you, aardvark, DK, Filth, shan, sash and a couple others that i cant remember right now still going solid. I think i even saw that rabbit.

I was never a big poster, liked reading and just throwing my 2 cents in now and then. Got my fantasy heart broken when Fantasy took over and never really recovered. Got sick of listing to that KFP ehen he was new lol. Went to the enemy in SC and wandered around last year. My workmates are saying that Fantasy went real decent last year so I might have another crack in 2017.

Bit old skool, my favourite seasons was where players like campese and soward could cover you in the halves and all you'd need was hindy, stagg, gallen and parker to take care of the middle. Chuck a couple forwards in your centres and you were decent lol. Ah those were the days. Anyways, good to be here here's hoping for a solid 2017 lol
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:35 pm

Haven't thrown a team up in a while so this is what my "brother" will be running with

HOK: Smith, Brailey
    FRF: JWH, Gurgess, Mannah, NPR
    2RF: JDB, Gallen, Mannering, Buhrer, Sironen, NPR
    HLF: TMM, Lamb, Elgey, Hingano
    CTR: Sione, Idris, Scott, NPR
    WFB: Hayne, RTS, Sio, Phythian, NPR

Couldn't decide on which gun second rower so went with all of them

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:39 pm

silvertop wrote:Got sick of listing to that KFP

Amen brother.

That KFP bloke was a wanker. Sick of listening to his shit.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Thats a thing of beauty MS, you're bro should be happy he's got you to advise him all season long. And good to see you're still bloody here you freak. Come TLT i reckon mine will look something like that
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:43 pm

[/quote]

Amen brother.

That KFP bloke was a wanker. Sick of listening to his shit. [/quote]

Hah you're lookin panda-ey yourself. Waaaait a minute..

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:44 pm

silvertop wrote:@SI

How are you mate? Back then i had 3 one after the other cos i kept forgetting email passwords geek i was 20valve, comegetsome then silvertop.

I started when arsen and ST were the kings so whats that, 4 seasons or longer? Its crazy to see you, aardvark, DK, Filth, shan, sash and a couple others that i cant remember right now still going solid. I think i even saw that rabbit.

I was never a big poster, liked reading and just throwing my 2 cents in now and then. Got my fantasy heart broken when Fantasy took over and never really recovered. Got sick of listing to that KFP ehen he was new lol. Went to the enemy in SC and wandered around last year. My workmates are saying that Fantasy went real decent last year so I might have another crack in 2017.

Bit old skool, my favourite seasons was where players like campese and soward could cover you in the halves and all you'd need was hindy, stagg, gallen and parker to take care of the middle. Chuck a couple forwards in your centres and you were decent lol. Ah those were the days. Anyways, good to be here here's hoping for a solid 2017 lol

G'day Kent. I remember you....the old comegetsome. And didn't you what ? Drug

Welcome back. Solid team. Needs some ET. He's going big. I've mellowed into the nicest poster on the forum now. Except that suckarse, SI.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Chewie wrote:Welcome @silvertop

You've put a pretty solid team up, strong 2RF just like Booze (a high scoring forum member) likes it.
    Haven't seen many teams with RJames, but he should definitely have another gun year.
    Risky 3rd WFB, but by the sound of it many will be running Pythian if Haynes doesn't make round 1.

Cheers Chewman, after TLT and a few tweaks it'll be an average team. We'll see aye mate? Have a great season yourself
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:49 pm

All you piss heads with nothing better to do on a Saturday night than sink carton and talk shit in here. Head over to our

2017 Ladder Predictor thread

List how you think the ladder will turn out. For every position out of place you score one point. Much like that silly game Golf the lowest score wins.

Note: Any Edits after Round 1 kicks off will make your list null and void.

It's for shits and giggles and unlike the gambler "the best you can hope for is to" change your location under your avatar to announce to the world you have won.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t404-2017-ladder-predictor#85707

PS - Rabs don't forget you have saved a spot
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Welcome back. Solid team. Needs some ET. He's going big. I've mellowed into the nicest poster on the forum now. Except that suckarse, SI.

Aah that is you old dog! Yeh thats me, had a good streak that one year aye? Not as big as DK though. affraid Good to see ya bloke. See i read a couple of posts by someone callin themself Rabbit and Im like nah, surely that salty old souffs man couldnt actually be being civil?!

What the years (and a couple bans on multiple sites cheer Cool ) can do aye?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Hah you're lookin panda-ey yourself. Waaaait a minute..

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 16 Surprise-face

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 16 Giphy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Hahaha, comegetsome! Yeah mate, most of those lads are still posting. Arsen though doesn't, but he actually quit Fantasy in 2016. He has fired back up again this year on Legends. Wacko pretty much exclusively posts on Legends. TeeTotaller would be the other bloke you would remember from around 2011 or so. GreenMachine and MS are here as well, fuck, could go on but almost every single poster migrated from Sportal to here Fantasy/DT wise.

We have HEAPS of great posters on here that all started on Sportal around 2012/2013ish as well.

And that KFP bloke...yeah, a couple of us dragged him off to a Thai rehab facility and the bloke is one of our finest now Very Happy .

silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Bren wrote:

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 16 Surprise-face

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 16 Giphy

Haha i thort so. If i remember correctly you and i had a couple....disagreements? Lol. Enjoy that mod status Basketball
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Rabbit wrote:

That is Sir suckarse to you Rabs, I'm the mod now, haha Very Happy

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:58 pm

silvertop wrote:

Haha i thort so. If i remember correctly you and i had a couple....disagreements? Lol. Enjoy that mod status Basketball
    I used to disagree with my own shadow so I wouldn't take it personally.

Anyway as SI said we have a great little community here which you should see explode come TLT. Any hot tips or players you have liked the look of during the trials?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:58 pm

SI wrote:

Hahaha, comegetsome!  Yeah mate, most of those lads are still posting.  Arsen though doesn't, but he actually quit Fantasy in 2016.  He has fired back up again this year on Legends.  Wacko pretty much exclusively posts on Legends.  TeeTotaller would be the other bloke you would remember from around 2011 or so.  GreenMachine and MS are here as well, fuck, could go on but almost every single poster migrated from Sportal to here Fantasy/DT wise.

We have HEAPS of great posters on here that all started on Sportal around 2012/2013ish as well.

And that KFP bloke...yeah, a couple of us dragged him off to a Thai rehab facility and the bloke is one of our finest now  Very Happy  .  

Ohh, that sounded a little shit in hindsight, leaving out that we have some terrific posters who only started with us when Fanatics became a thing mid 2015 as well. I would say 95% of the Sportal posters have thee same name or similar on here.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm