NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Johnny B Goode Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 am

Loomer wrote:Have had my head turned reading about Barnett. Is he a cheaper JDB that will score undervalued 60 mins at lock?

Interesting thought. Big difference is tackle efficiency though. In Barnett's 2nd game for the Knights he missed 7 tackles, JDB missed 16 tackles throughout the entire season.
    Loomer
    Loomer

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Loomer Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Interesting thought. Big difference is tackle efficiency though. In Barnett's 2nd game for the Knights he missed 7 tackles, JDB missed 16 tackles throughout the entire season.

Good info Cheers
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:54 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Also Barnett will only ever get 60 minutes unless injuries arise. Looks as though JDB could get some 70+ games.
    Barnett had a very high work rate playing 80 on the edge, don't think his work rate actually improves with the move into lock. Its much like if Tohu Harris moved from 2nd row to lock, his work rate is already very high but now would only be playing 60 minutes because he is in the middle. Definite risk here but could be more like a Merrin type I guess, just misses too many tackles I feel.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:00 am

Put this together but it just doesn't feel right with the lack of cows in the 2rfs

Smith, McInnes
    DSaifiti, JWH, FKaufusi, NPR
    Barnett, McGuire, ET, Sironen, NPR, NPR
    Walker, Norman, Elgey, NPR
    Talakai, Idris, NPR, NPR
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, NPR, NPR

Thoughts everyone
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:00 am

Hey guys,

How do things work for naming your team for Rnd1 in NRL fantasy?

More specifically, if I name someone that subsequently gets ruled out can I sub him out (prior to the relevant game starting) for someone else that hasn't played yet without burning trades?

Is there anything else I should know about how to make sure I do everything I can to make sure I dont get done by late changes for round1?

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:01 am

In 2016 JDB was the only forward that averaged over 100m run metres & 40 tackles per game.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:02 am

Anyone else with a gut feeling Knights are a trap. Teams on here are averaging between 3 and 5 knights and I think they'll spend most their time in their in-goal talking to each other with water bottles, not racking up fantasy points.

Maybe I'm a little dark on them for belting out B side in a trial Laughing
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:04 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey guys,

More specifically, if I name someone that subsequently gets ruled out can I sub him out (prior to the relevant game starting) for someone else that hasn't played yet?

Is there anything else I should know about how to make sure I do everything I can to make sure I dont get done by late changes for round1?

Yeah mate. Rolling lockout. As each game kicks off the players (all players!) from the teams involved are locked into position, you cant alter them after that.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:04 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Put this together but it just doesn't feel right with the lack of cows in the 2rfs

Smith, McInnes
    DSaifiti, JWH, FKaufusi, NPR
    Barnett, McGuire, ET, Sironen, NPR, NPR
    Walker, Norman, Elgey, NPR
    Talakai, Idris, NPR, NPR
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, NPR, NPR

Thoughts everyone

Backline halves and hookers are awesome mate.

The rest looks a bit slapped together under budget but I guess that's what happens with 2 gun hooker sides that haven't skimped on the halves! Decent firepower there
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 am

GreenMachine wrote:Anyone else with a gut feeling Knights are a trap. Teams on here are averaging between 3 and 5 knights and I think they'll spend most their time in their in-goal talking to each other with water bottles, not racking up fantasy points.

Alot of them look very appealing on paper. I'm wary of the fact they will probably be a bottom 8 side. I have three (Sione, Lamb, Phythian). Sione and Pythian will be in pretty much every serious squad, Lamb is a little bit of a risk I guess for lack of stats to back it up. A half in a losing side can struggle to score well, but I'm looking for plenty of tackles and kick metres from him. I think Buhrer is a good pick. I love D Saifiti as a player but I just don't think it will translate to fantasy value at his current price.

At least they seem a bit more settled in their positions this year.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:10 am

Hmmm as I contemplate which underwhelming 17th man, good time for a quick bench roll call to get a general feel for depth out there. Bit flawed I know if strong bench teams are starting a Talakai or Python but a good talking point nonetheless... Soooo who are your 4 benchies everyone?

Mine:

Farah
    Gurgess
    Wallace
    Elgey (maybe Sironen if I sell my soul)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:12 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah mate. Rolling lockout. As each game kicks off the players (all players!) from the teams involved are locked into position, you cant alter them after that.

Cheers mate. Otherwise no tricks of the trade I need to know about. Just name my team as best I can then check team lists 1 hr prior?

BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:12 am

Revraiser wrote:What are people's thoughts on Gutherson this year fantasy wise ?

I don't have any stats but I think he has huge ability to improve his average playing in the halves, and can produce some monster scores. Should be undervalued given the amount of time he spent on the wing last year?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:12 am

GreenMachine wrote:Anyone else with a gut feeling Knights are a trap. Teams on here are averaging between 3 and 5 knights and I think they'll spend most their time in their in-goal talking to each other with water bottles, not racking up fantasy points.

I agree mate. I think the only players worth it are the forwards because the Knights will be doing plenty of defense.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:13 am

my tv broke wrote:

Alot of them look very appealing on paper. I'm wary of the fact they will probably be a bottom 8 side. I have three (Sione, Lamb, Phythian). Sione and Pythian will be in pretty much every serious squad, Lamb is a little bit of a risk I guess for lack of stats to back it up. A half in a losing side can struggle to score well, but I'm looking for plenty of tackles and kick metres from him. I think Buhrer is a good pick. I love D Saifiti as a player but I just don't think it will translate to fantasy value at his current price.

At least they seem a bit more settled in their positions this year.

Good points all round and I have 2 of your 3 myself. Appreciate they are priced well but don't want to have to look at too many of them each week, especially if counting on attacking points
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey guys,

More specifically, if I name someone that subsequently gets ruled out can I sub him out (prior to the relevant game starting) for someone else that hasn't played yet without burning trades?

You still have unlimited trades up to each game so you can still make multiple changes.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 am

White Lightning wrote:

I agree mate. I think the only players worth it are the forwards because the Knights will be doing plenty of defense.

It's a good point actually mate and I'm thinking I should be leaning more the way of a Barnett than a Lamb. Python is fine because he is dirt cheap. Every other attacker needs some consideration.

Toupou hanging around puts me off their backrowers a bit
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 am

That would be good if you get unlimited trades on players that haven't played all weekend. Means you can get the right cheapies as the weekend goes on.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am

Loomer wrote:Have had my head turned reading about Barnett. Is he a cheaper JDB that will score undervalued 60 mins at lock?

I think Barnett is a good player, but he scored very well at the Knights last year and is priced accordingly. 3% discount for only playing 9 games, and a low score in his first game where he only played 59 minutes. Discount those and his average is about 53 points in 77 minutes, and I'm not sure there is massive scope to improve on that.

I see more value in Sione, and to a lesser extent, Buhrer. 

And there is no way I'm having 3 Knights backrowers in my team.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am

GreenMachine wrote:Hmmm as I contemplate which underwhelming 17th man, good time for a quick bench roll call to get a general feel for depth out there. Bit flawed I know if strong bench teams are starting a Talakai or Python but a good talking point nonetheless... Soooo who are your 4 benchies everyone?

Mine:

Farah
    Gurgess
    Wallace
    Elgey (maybe Sironen if I sell my soul)

F. Kaufusi, Sione, Sironen, Elgey/Brailey are mine.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:53 am