NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

FebruaryChamp

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by FebruaryChamp Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Has anybody created a 2nd team before? I often see people joking about giving their dog a team or whatever. Surely if your 2nd team wins they can do a check on phone numbers/name changes/email changes that account has made through the year.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:14 pm

FebruaryChamp wrote:Has anybody created a 2nd team before? I often see people joking about giving their dog a team or whatever. Surely if your 2nd team wins they can do a check on phone numbers/name changes/email changes that account has made through the year.

My "brother" enters a team every year
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:16 pm

FebruaryChamp wrote:Has anybody created a 2nd team before? I often see people joking about giving their dog a team or whatever. Surely if your 2nd team wins they can do a check on phone numbers/name changes/email changes that account has made through the year.

I never have. I don't really care if others do, but I do think its a bit unfair. Secondly I just cannot be bothered to think about any more than one team.

I think most that have a second team put it in their wife's name. No way they can really prove that it wasn't her managing the team. If it got to rnd 25/26 "she's" in the mix to win, you might have to coach her on what to say if shes interviewed as the winner, but there's also nothing to stop someone getting advice from others on trades (thats what this forum is for isn't it?).

Oddly enough my GF actually wants to make a team this year. Though she has probably forgotten about it by now.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:19 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    Oddly enough my GF actually wants to make a team this year.

Wife that Woman ASAP.
    Vestid

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 47 Empty Wife's team

Post by Vestid Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:06 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I never have. I don't really care if others do, but I do think its a bit unfair. Secondly I just cannot be bothered to think about any more than one team.

I think most that have a second team put it in their wife's name. No way they can really prove that it wasn't her managing the team. If it got to rnd 25/26 "she's" in the mix to win, you might have to coach her on what to say if shes interviewed as the winner, but there's also nothing to stop someone getting advice from others on trades (thats what this forum is for isn't it?).

Oddly enough my GF actually wants to make a team this year. Though she has probably forgotten about it by now.

Careful with that. Mrs Vestid (the real one) started her own team three season ago. She's beaten me two out of the last three years. 2015 she was in first place after three rounds. She has a skill for picking the right player at the right time. I finally finished above her last year but had to go into the top 1,000 to do it. From memory her top score last season was 1,071.

I like to take credit for giving her a solid foundation to build on.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:11 pm

I keep saying I'm going to enter a h2h team to play in a mates league just to show them how its done but never get around to it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Bren wrote:

Well he has big cojones (see his avatar for reference) so he could Captain Hayne.

If Hayne had a Fantasy team he would Captain himself. (Also anyone remember the year DCE played Fantasy and he selected himself in his own squad Laughing )
    Captaining Hayne is a very @Bullbender type move.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Vestid wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

Careful with that. Mrs Vestid (the real one) started her own team three season ago. She's beaten me two out of the last three years. 2015 she was in first place after three rounds.  She has a skill for picking the right player at the right time. I finally finished above her last year but had to go into the top 1,000 to do it. From memory her top score last season was 1,071.

I like to take credit for giving her a solid foundation to build on.

Holy fuck! Kudos to Mrs Vestid.

Also, you know the rules from Sportal and here mate, mention the WAG and you have to post a pic Very Happy
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Is Alex Glenn offering value or have I lost my mind?
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Loomer wrote:Is Alex Glenn offering value or have I lost my mind?

Correct, Alex Glenn offers value.

Starting second rower and the Broncos have an oversupply of centre options. If he was a DPP ctr/2rf, then he would really offer some value.

Do you think anyone would take the starting spot from him?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Feline wrote:

Correct, Alex Glenn offers value.

Starting second rower and the Broncos have an oversupply of centre options. If he was a DPP ctr/2rf, then he would really offer some value.

Do you think anyone would take the starting spot from him?

not sure why this keeps coming up but can I please make it clear that alex glenn will not be starting 2RF.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:50 pm

There was big controversey in Supercoach in 2015 with the winner being accused of running multiple teams. The person who took the credit for the win was not the official owner of the team - which was allegedly a joint operation. It was never stated how many other joint operations they were part of, but SC were happy with it and paid out the prize. I think a lot of people got pissed off, and/or took it as tacit approval to run 'joint' teams with most of their family.

K5 from renegades won the 'plate' comp they ran back in 2014 and he openly admits to running several teams. under his mothers/brothers dog's name.

I believe there are several people that run 2 teams, one for overall and 1 for H2H comps with mates. I doubt they really care because no decent H2H team will win overall so its not like people are really giving themselves extra chances at winning.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:55 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Means if you don't pick within 12 hours you get an auto pick. Can pick in as little time as you want when it's your turn with most taking a few minutes. Just makes it easy with different schedules. League 2 draft looks like finishing in about a week. I'll PM the details of what you need to do.

All discussions take place in the Ultimate League thread so head on over and join in
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t329p900-ultimate-footy

FYI L2 started its draft Monday lunchtime and will finish tonight.

We've had 12 hour picks. We have a couple of UK based drafters so its been quiet during the day and then powering through them every evening/UK morning getting through a couple of rounds from 6-11pm.
    Currently just 13 picks left and they should go pretty quick once Welshy wakes up

L1 has been going much slower. Not sure what the specific holdup is.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Milchcow wrote:

FYI L2 started its draft Monday lunchtime and will finish tonight.

We've had 12 hour picks. We have a couple of UK based drafters so its been quiet during the day and then powering through them every evening/UK morning getting through a couple of rounds from 6-11pm.
    Currently just 13 picks left and they should go pretty quick once Welshy wakes up

L1 has been going much slower. Not sure what the specific holdup is.

The hold up is that several participants of L1 only check the draft once a day, in turn the countdown timer often only has 2-3 hours left. We had one instance when the full 12 hours ran out. You don't have to check it every hour but taking the 30 seconds to check it once every 4 hours would be all that is necessary.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Shillington announced retirement effective immediately (not sure if this is news and/or relevant)
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Bren wrote:

Well he has big cojones (see his avatar for reference) so he could Captain Hayne.

If Hayne had a Fantasy team he would Captain himself. (Also anyone remember the year DCE played Fantasy and he selected himself in his own squad Laughing )

The Cherry Tomatoes Yeeeooooow!
    I actually loved this idea for fantasy. I get why a lot of clubs ban fantasy for their players, but even just as a token player (who probably had someone else managing his account anyway), there was always something special about beating DCE in fantasy (especially when it was because his own DCE pick had performed poorly that week Laughing  ). I wish they had a celebrity player each year. Even if it was a relatively less popular player like, oh I don't know, lets say at random- Chris Heighington. I would love to mess up Chris Heighington's fantasy team for the year. Why is this not a thing?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:49 pm

my tv broke wrote:

not sure why this keeps coming up but can I please make it clear that alex glenn will not be starting 2RF.

This goes against most predicted teams I've seen? Do you different?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Loomer wrote:

This goes against most predicted teams I've seen? Do you different?

Thaiday and Gillett will be the starting 2rfs, as per last year. Glenn will play off the bench.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Props doing my head in at the moment.
    Thoughts on AFB v kasiano? They're both ppm players that may not get more minutes and even if they do they may not avg 8 to 10 points higher

But it just seems like a mid ranger with potential is a must have for me with my heavy 2rf team ( surges gallen jdb)

Also thoughts on dsaifiti v JWH?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:Props doing my head in at the moment.
    Thoughts on AFB v kasiano? They're both ppm players that may not get more minutes and even if they do they may not avg 8 to 10 points higher

But it just seems like a mid ranger with potential is a must have for me with my heavy 2rf team ( surges gallen jdb)

Also thoughts on dsaifiti v JWH?

As a rule of thumb, once you describe someone as a PPM King, it probably means they aren't a good fantasy pick.

I think AFB is more likely to get a bigger role than last year compared to Kasiano. Especially with Lussick and Myles injured (Myles due back before round 1 but Lussick will be out for a while)

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:07 pm