NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:01 pm

Here are a few choice words from Curtis Sironen if you want to convince yourself to select him

"A fresh start is something that I needed. I was getting a bit stale there. I wasn't training as hard and started making a few excuses for myself, thinking I was going better than I was," he said.

"It was a bit of reality shock coming to Manly. No one cares what you've done or who you are. It's just about how hard you train. I just want to try and cement a starting spot now for NRL."

Built with the size of a back-rower but the skills of a halfback, Sironen said new coach Trent Barrett spent the summer encouraging him to bring out his creativity, and he responded with a two-try effort in Auckland.

"He just wants me to play, use my best qualities. I still have to do all that tough stuff out the back of the field like backrowers do these days," he said.

"If I get to play a bit creative like I can, so be it. 'Baz' has been really good. He was half the reason I went here. Just a good guy first, then a good coach."
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by White Lightning Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

As a rule of thumb, once you describe someone as a PPM King, it probably means they aren't a good fantasy pick.

I think AFB is more likely to get a bigger role than last year compared to Kasiano. Especially with Lussick and Myles injured (Myles due back before round 1 but Lussick will be out for a while)

I agree AFB has more potential than Kasiano. I think AFB will start & unless the Bulldogs name a hooker on the bench I can't see much changing for Kasiano.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:16 pm

my tv broke wrote:Here are a few choice words from Curtis Sironen if you want to convince yourself to select him

"A fresh start is something that I needed. I was getting a bit stale there. I wasn't training as hard and started making a few excuses for myself, thinking I was going better than I was," he said.

"It was a bit of reality shock coming to Manly. No one cares what you've done or who you are. It's just about how hard you train. I just want to try and cement a starting spot now for NRL."

Built with the size of a back-rower but the skills of a halfback, Sironen said new coach Trent Barrett spent the summer encouraging him to bring out his creativity, and he responded with a two-try effort in Auckland.

"He just wants me to play, use my best qualities. I still have to do all that tough stuff out the back of the field like backrowers do these days," he said.

"If I get to play a bit creative like I can, so be it. 'Baz' has been really good. He was half the reason I went here. Just a good guy first, then a good coach."
    Just don't with Sironen. This will be my last warning on the guy. He isn't worth it
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Latest Fox Sports report says Aaron Gray is looking at 12-16 weeks out and they've named Robert Jennings as the man most likely to get first crack. So that news goes a little ways toward confirming him as one of the very few standout bottom priced cash cows.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Milchcow wrote:

As a rule of thumb, once you describe someone as a PPM King, it probably means they aren't a good fantasy pick.

I think AFB is more likely to get a bigger role than last year compared to Kasiano. Especially with Lussick and Myles injured (Myles due back before round 1 but Lussick will be out for a while)

Well I remember last year we all analyzed Kane Evans and Leeson Ah Mau as PPM kings. I went with Evans and he made just enough cash to be somewhat useful but he fell well below expectations and people who picked the latter bombed hard.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Well I remember last year we all analyzed Kane Evans and Leeson Ah Mau as PPM kings. I went with Evans and he made just enough cash to be somewhat useful but he fell well below expectations and people who picked the latter bombed hard.  
    LAM wasn't so much a PPM King he just had a 10 game stretch at the back end of 2015 10+ games where he played big minutes and scored like a 2nd tier gun prop 45+ scores, there was little attacking output so was room for improvement there, but last year he just didn't get the same minutes/role. I was a big LAM fan that year but it only took me 2/3 rounds to dump him for JakeTurbo

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Surprised there hasn't been more talk of Bodene Thompson as a POD.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Ive always felt like bodene thompson is two bad games away from being dropped from the warriors team. Not sure if this is anywhere near the mark but i have no trust in him
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Bodene's had POD status the last two years, maybe he just doesn't need discussing anymore. I mean still the guy had a fairly low ownership rate last year and the guy wasn't inconsistent or anything, he was a legit 50+ scorer just about every week including two back to back 70+ scores. Still didn't get above like 5k ownership.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:Ive always felt like bodene thompson is two bad games away from being dropped from the warriors team. Not sure if this is anywhere near the mark but i have no trust in him

Don't say that lad! I drafted the bloke in my Ultimate League squad. Need all the help I can get, some fierce competition this year pale

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Worried about picking Gallen.. Like someone mentioned it earlier but I'm considering him instead of Surgess.. Currently have Surgess, Harris and Klemmer
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:Latest Fox Sports report says Aaron Gray is looking at 12-16 weeks out and they've named Robert Jennings as the man most likely to get first crack. So that news goes a little ways toward confirming him as one of the very few standout bottom priced cash cows.  

Locked him in my team yesterday. This news is Perth
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Mullen's B sample returned a positive reading, playing career is over.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:Mullen's B sample returned a positive reading, playing career is over.  

Wait so hes fully banned from NRL now?
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Welshy wrote:
    LAM wasn't so much a PPM King he just had a 10 game stretch at the back end of 2015 10+ games where he played big minutes and scored like a 2nd tier gun prop 45+ scores, there was little attacking output so was room for improvement there, but last year he just didn't get the same minutes/role. I was a big LAM fan that year but it only took me 2/3 rounds to dump him for JakeTurbo

Yeh what you guys are saying is what I'm wary of..however I don't think ant of the gun props are as good as surges gallen and jdb I'm going to be forced to find value in the frfs.

Kasiano has a history of being a fantasy dud but trimming down COULD help his fitness and therefore minutes. There were some games he played like 10 to 15 minutes last season. There was an article with des saying how happy he is with Kas trimming down too..

Who are your top frf mid rangers and why?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:07 pm

@Pookus McFly Oi mate when I put Mortimer in he was sitting about 11% ownership look at it now lol!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Also form an article I was reading today looks like Whare and Hiku might comeback from injury through reserve grade. I know a lot of people are picking Whare so just be warned he may not be there the first round
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:

Yeh what you guys are saying is what I'm wary of..however  I don't think ant of the gun props are as good as surges gallen and jdb I'm going to be forced to find value in the frfs.

Kasiano has a history of being a fantasy dud but trimming down COULD help his fitness and therefore minutes. There were some games he played like 10 to 15 minutes last season. There was an article with des saying how happy he is with Kas trimming down too..

Who are your top frf mid rangers and why?
    Will add reasonings when I get into work mate but my main FRF mid tier with gun potential is DSaifiti, JWH has hit a 45 avg before so is capable, Gurgess obviously been there before, Musgrove but really needs an injury to really get the minutes, AFB should go well early season with the manly FRF injuries
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:23 pm

I really liked DSaifiti and AFB early and i know its only the 9's but their fitness looked way off what i was expecting. I really thought DS could lift to 55min and lead that pack this year but now im not sure.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Mitchell Barnett getting 80? No-one wants him because of his price I guess?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 pm