NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

pm888
    pm888

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by pm888 Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:56 am

this slater news is making uate look attractive... ffs
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:57 am

Fortitude wrote:Here is the team i've spent a while putting together, with a number of daily changes. I also have a list of reasons why I f&ck'n hate it.

HOK:
    Mcinnes, Balin

(Reason I hate this line up. No Smith. Balin, Need to raise serious cash across the park to ever contemplate upgrading to smith in the future)

FRF
    GBurges, Graham, Vaughan, Hoare

(reason I hate it, Gburg i'm not sold on. Vaughan is in as an attempt at a POD, Hoare reminds me of my Ex. Graham is cool)

2rf:

JDB, Whitehead, Hess, LLeilua, Stimson, Arrow
    (Reason I hate: JDB is $$$ maybe not worth it at this stage, the rest are all following the crowd really)

Halves:
    Cartwright, Lamb, Elgy, Nona
    (cartwright might be better in the 2rfs, with maybe a better option like Hunt??. following the sheep with Lamb (see what I did there) and Elgy. Nona is no certainty to get minutes)

Centres:
    Bird, Idris, Whare, Jennings

(eh, happy enough with this. is Whare isn't playing rd 1 ill consider swapping out or holding)

WFB:
    RTS,Hayne, TTurbo, Ponga, Phythian.

(i'm sick of writing about my hates).

Bottom line, there is still plenty of room for improvement, particularly around the middle of the field.

Would love some advice.

To address some of your hates.

JDB I think is a relative safe bet, assuming he keeps the big minute lock position he had for the 2nd half of last year.
    He started slowly, and then got eased back after a mid-season injury - but he is one of the few players other than Smith/Fifita capable of a longer term 60+average. Long term I like him better than most in that price range.

Ballin and Gurgess I think will be fine if they are fully fit. Recent news on Gurgess has been mixed to negative so make sure you keep an eye on trials. Personally I am not trusting Ballin but I can see why people would be happy to take a punt.

Subs - I guess you'll have Ballin, Vaughan then 2 of Hoare, Leilua, Elgey, Whare. Doesn't looks solid enough for me. I am not confident you'll get reliable enough scoring from them. Especially for a team without Smith/Fifita I would expect to see stronger reserves

Cartwright scores fairly similar whether he's in 2nd row or the halves. His average slightly higher in the halves due to 2 stinkers from 2nd row last year, but in general its about the same.

Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:59 am

[/quote]

Subs - I guess you'll have Ballin, Vaughan then 2 of Hoare, Leilua, Elgey, Whare. Doesn't looks solid enough for me. I am not confident you'll get reliable enough scoring from them.Especially for a team without Smith/Fifita I would expect to see stronger reserves

[/quote]

You're telling me. Cant seem to find much that im happy with.
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:02 am

Eels have names a non-first grade type side to play the Titans this weekend in a trial.

Relevant because who is deemed to be not first grade.

Daniel Alvaro, Dane Aukafolau, Troy Dargan, Isaac De Gois, Bureta Faraimo, Jamal Fogarty, David Gower, George Jennings, Matt Woods, Tim Mannah, Jack Morris, Marata Niukore, Rory O’Brien, Kaysa Pritchard, Jeff Robson, Kelepi Tanginoa, Honeti Tuha, Alex Twal, Joseph Ualesi, James Gammidge, Atini Gafa.

Looks like the King as 80 minute hooker role is mostly confirmed
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:09 am

I find it crazy that Alvaro can't hold down a first grade spot. He'd walk in to a lot of teams with the way he plays

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:12 am

Spectre wrote:I find it crazy that Alvaro can't hold down a first grade spot. He'd walk in to a lot of teams with the way he plays

I actually thought the Cowboys were going to make a play for him after losing Hannant and Tamou. Wouldn't command big money either.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:17 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Fortitude wrote:Here is the team i've spent a while putting together, with a number of daily changes. I also have a list of reasons why I f&ck'n hate it.

HOK:
    Mcinnes, Balin

(Reason I hate this line up. No Smith. Balin, Need to raise serious cash across the park to ever contemplate upgrading to smith in the future)

FRF
    GBurges, Graham, Vaughan, Hoare

(reason I hate it, Gburg i'm not sold on. Vaughan is in as an attempt at a POD, Hoare reminds me of my Ex. Graham is cool)

2rf:

JDB, Whitehead, Hess, LLeilua, Stimson, Arrow
    (Reason I hate: JDB is $$$ maybe not worth it at this stage, the rest are all following the crowd really)

Halves:
    Cartwright, Lamb, Elgy, Nona
    (cartwright might be better in the 2rfs, with maybe a better option like Hunt??. following the sheep with Lamb (see what I did there) and Elgy. Nona is no certainty to get minutes)

Centres:
    Bird, Idris, Whare, Jennings

(eh, happy enough with this. is Whare isn't playing rd 1 ill consider swapping out or holding)

WFB:
    RTS,Hayne, TTurbo, Ponga, Phythian.

(i'm sick of writing about my hates).

Bottom line, there is still plenty of room for improvement, particularly around the middle of the field.

Would love some advice.

To address some of your hates.

JDB I think is a relative safe bet, assuming he keeps the big minute lock position he had for the 2nd half of last year.
    He started slowly, and then got eased back after a mid-season injury - but he is one of the few players other than Smith/Fifita capable of a longer term 60+average. Long term I like him better than most in that price range.

Ballin and Gurgess I think will be fine if they are fully fit. Recent news on Gurgess has been mixed to negative so make sure you keep an eye on trials. Personally I am not trusting Ballin but I can see why people would be happy to take a punt.

Subs - I guess you'll have Ballin, Vaughan then 2 of Hoare, Leilua, Elgey, Whare. Doesn't looks solid enough for me. I am not confident you'll get reliable enough scoring from them. Especially for a team without Smith/Fifita I would expect to see stronger reserves

Cartwright scores fairly similar whether he's in 2nd row or the halves. His average slightly higher in the halves due to 2 stinkers from 2nd row last year, but in general its about the same.

Didn't JDB hit large scores again straight after injury? I remember being impressed with his first game back but not sure.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:24 am

pm888 wrote:this slater news is making uate look attractive... ffs

Could be worse cash cows out there. Sea Eagles have 5/7 games at lottoland to start the season so you could get lucky.

However the match ups of players looks daunting

Round 1 vs Eels (Home) against Semi
    Round 2 vs Rabbitohs (Home) against ?
    Round 3 vs Cowboys (Away) against Winterstein
    Round 4 vs Bulldogs (Home) against Brenko Lee/Marcelo Montoya
    Round 5 vs Roosters (Away) against Tupou/Manu
    Round 6 vs Dragons (Home) against Nene McDonald
    Round 7 vs Storm (Home) against Addo Carr
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:24 am

Time for the tin foil hat based on that Broncos team.

Bennett played Kodi Nikorima bigger minutes last year so that he would re-sign. Now that the Broncos have him locked up with Hunt on the way out Nikorima will spend the year in QLD cup preparing for a full time halfback role next year. Combining Parker retiring, Thaiday probably in his final year and a heap of young talented forwards at the Broncos Bennett can start bringing them on with bigger minutes preparing for the future. Broncos team could look something like this.

8.Sims
    9.McCullough
    10.Blair
    11.Thaiday
    12.Gillett
    13.McGuire
    14.Glenn
    15.Ofa
    16.TPJ
    17.Arrow
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:30 am

Feline wrote:Eels have names a non-first grade type side to play the Titans this weekend in a trial.

Relevant because who is deemed to be not first grade.

Daniel Alvaro, Dane Aukafolau, Troy Dargan, Isaac De Gois, Bureta Faraimo, Jamal Fogarty, David Gower, George Jennings, Matt Woods, Tim Mannah, Jack Morris, Marata Niukore, Rory O’Brien, Kaysa Pritchard, Jeff Robson, Kelepi Tanginoa, Honeti Tuha, Alex Twal, Joseph Ualesi, James Gammidge, Atini Gafa.

Looks like the King as 80 minute hooker role is mostly confirmed

A lot of these guys weren't picked for the nines (maybe Fogarty, Gower, Jennings, Niukore, Tuha, Ualesi and Dargan) so I would say Brad Arthur is giving these guys a run and filling out the squad with Fogarty, Gower and Jennings. The rest of the first graders are being rested and the first graders that didn't play the 9s are getting a run, simple as that. Why else would Tim Mannah actually be playing?
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:32 am

Warriors wrote:

A lot of these guys weren't picked for the nines (maybe Fogarty, Gower, Jennings, Niukore, Tuha, Ualesi and Dargan) so I would say Brad Arthur is giving these guys a run and filling out the squad with Fogarty, Gower and Jennings. The rest of the first graders are being rested and the first graders that didn't play the 9s are getting a run, simple as that. Why else would Tim Mannah actually be playing?

because he is one of the captains - this is quite clearly apart from that a non-1st grade side
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Time for the tin foil hat based on that Broncos team.

Bennett played Kodi Nikorima bigger minutes last year so that he would re-sign. Now that the Broncos have him locked up with Hunt on the way out Nikorima will spend the year in QLD cup preparing for a full time halfback role next year. Combining Parker retiring, Thaiday probably in his final year and a heap of young talented forwards at the Broncos Bennett can start bringing them on with bigger minutes preparing for the future. Broncos team could look something like this.

i like the theory but nikorima is still recovering from shoulder injury. not sure of his current status but he had only recently started contact.

Blair didn't go because he's just had a child. I'm not sure of why Sims isn't there. Perhaps this is Bennett's way of telling him he won't just walk into the broncos team.

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 am

my tv broke wrote:Broncos have named a basically full strength 19 man squad for the WCC. No bench hooker so looks like macca will play 80 unless Glenn relieves him (doubt it).

Arrow and George Fai the notable forwards included in the squad and it would appear Pearson will travel as cover. No korbin sims, or adam blair

I've been thinking about taking a punt on Macca as my backup hooker, but surely Niko will be on the bench week in week out.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Time for the tin foil hat based on that Broncos team.

8.Sims
    9.McCullough
    10.Blair
    11.Thaiday
    12.Gillett
    13.McGuire
    14.Glenn
    15.Ofa
    16.TPJ
    17.Arrow

Or that Nikorima is on the comeback trail from injury and isn't going to be risked in the English weather, especially with the slight Achilles injury to Benji. Also in line with this is Bennett not risking his two starting props, as they are now light in experience in this area due to the retirement of Parker (McGuire moving to lock) and Wallace going to the Titans. You can put any kind of spin on things as to whether McCullough will play 80 or not, but the fact is he's not very explosive on attack and the Broncos are better for Niko's 20 minute cameo performances. What they will need to ensure is that McGuire and McCullough are not off the field at the same time.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:55 am

SI wrote:

Didn't JDB hit large scores again straight after injury? I remember being impressed with his first game back but not sure.

Came back off the bench for 3 games, scoring 45, 40, 37.

4th game back from injury he started at lock, scored 89, and had an average of 68 from then until the end of the season. In fact post origin he had a higher average than Smith or Fifita.

I am a bit wary of expecting guys to 'continue where they left off' as it were. But he certainly has the capability
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Still looking for 1 person for Ultimate League draft starting Friday morning. 12 hours per pick but obviously if we get everyone online we can pump a few rounds out quickly. Any interest?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:37 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Still looking for 1 person for Ultimate League draft starting Friday morning. 12 hours per pick but obviously if we get everyone online we can pump a few rounds out quickly. Any interest?

I'll join. Does that mean everyone gets 12 hours to pick each time? That would run for days, am I reading that right?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:43 pm

wolfking wrote:

I'll join.  Does that mean everyone gets 12 hours to pick each time?  That would run for days, am I reading that right?

Means if you don't pick within 12 hours you get an auto pick. Can pick in as little time as you want when it's your turn with most taking a few minutes. Just makes it easy with different schedules. League 2 draft looks like finishing in about a week. I'll PM the details of what you need to do.

All discussions take place in the Ultimate League thread so head on over and join in
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t329p900-ultimate-footy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:02 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Means if you don't pick within 12 hours you get an auto pick. Can pick in as little time as you want when it's your turn with most taking a few minutes. Just makes it easy with different schedules. League 2 draft looks like finishing in about a week. I'll PM the details of what you need to do.

All discussions take place in the Ultimate League thread so head on over and join in
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t329p900-ultimate-footy

Yeah, don't know how often I'll be able to get online once it's my turn, but we'll see. Is there a code? I asked in the other thread too.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:09 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, don't know how often I'll be able to get online once it's my turn, but we'll see.  Is there a code?  I asked in the other thread too.

Check your inbox you should have received the code

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:46 am