NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:28 pm

I just read an article on sc addicts - Is 2017 the year of the mid ranger. It pointed out that there may not be many cheapies come round 1 as the 2017 squads look fairly settled even at this stage. Cheapies like Dufty, Nona, Field, Capewell, Stimson, Knight, R. Jennings, Phythian, C. Scott, B. Kelly, Drew, Hoare, Spina, L. Perrett, Lane that we are all relying on so we can go for the guns have a good chance of not being even in the 17 come round 1. For example in the wfb position the 3 cheapest players that have a realistic chance of playing are Uate @ 177k & Hayne @ 200k & Slater @ 212k.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Still some time yet. Looks like Aaron Gray is out with knee injury. Spot for Jennings?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Ive got no problem with Slater as an NPR with the understanding he may get injured and be dead weight but no-one could i risk in my 17 from week 1
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Feline wrote:If you were trying to choose between Slater and Peter Mataúita as a cash cow, Who?

Both potential value fullbacks

PMat - dual position, fullback so you would assume a price rise, but Newcastle attack prowess, what is that all about?

Slater - Melbourne attacking potential, wheels fall off in round one, doesnt actually score that will.

Also Mannering v JDB

Pet Mat has been around first grade for 2 and a half years now, and has never averaged over 30 points.

He's going to need a big boost from a full time move to fullback to be useful. I don't think he's a solid bet at all.

If Slater manages to stay on the field he'll comfortably outscore PetMat. If you don't trust Slater's injury history then I'd avoid both and try and find some love elsewhere
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Feline wrote:

OK then:

HOK: Smith / King
    FRF: McGuire/ Fonua-Blake / Matagi / Tetevano
    2RF: Surgess / Gallen / de Bellin / Kromwich / Lleilua / Stimson
    HLF: Norman / Lamb / Hingano / Field
    CTR: Sata'uita / Idris / Jennings / Kelly
    WFB: Tuivasa-Sheck / Hayne / Gutherson / Slater / Abbey

Solid 2nd row there, nice depth in most positions
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:04 pm

White Lightning wrote:I just read an article on sc addicts - Is 2017 the year of the mid ranger. It pointed out that there may not be many cheapies come round 1 as the 2017 squads look fairly settled even at this stage. Cheapies like Dufty, Nona, Field, Capewell, Stimson, Knight, R. Jennings, Phythian, C. Scott, B. Kelly, Drew, Hoare, Spina, L. Perrett, Lane that we are all relying on so we can go for the guns have a good chance of not being even in the 17 come round 1. For example in the wfb position the 3 cheapest players that have a realistic chance of playing are Uate @ 177k & Hayne @ 200k & Slater @ 212k.

If it turns out to be a year of mid rangers... it would mean that cash will be made at a slower rate... it will take longer to get guns in... it will take longer to get to your final 17.
    Picking the wrong mid-rangers...or too many mid-rangers could cause problems.

Even so I do think there will be a few surprise rookie starters come teamlists.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:06 pm

I know the 9s don't tell much but a few takes from todays games:

Elgey looked very dangerous when he ran the ball. Hoping Ash Taylor leads the team around the park freeing up Elgey to run the ball.
    Pulu made offloading look easily, not sure it would translate to 13 a side with extra defenders.
    Cleary's kicking game is a class above. The kid is gonna be a first grader for a very long time.
    Jack Bird and Capewell combined well defensively.
    Tuamanga showed speed size and power with the ball. Would love him to get first crack to replace Perrett on the wing.
    Tamou must have dropped a bit of weight. Looks more agile and using more late footwork near the line like when he first came into first grade.
    Holland makes excellent defensive reads and nearly breaks a tackle every run. One to watch as a POD centre keeper later in the year.
    Field has some serious speed. Didn't do a lot of kicking but looked dangerous every time he touched the ball, either through running himself or short passing.
    Gutherson and Norman combined very well. Both looked excellent running the ball. I'm likely to start the season with both.
    Leilua was very disappointing. Runs soft for someone with his size and does not look to offload enough. Will be passing on him if there are any other options in team lists.
    Cam King looked very slow out of dummy half. Does not seem like much of a running threat. Will need to play big minutes to make cash as the attacking game is lacking.
    Nathan Brown went looking for work but did not look explosive running the ball.
    Matagi had some cracking runs but as usual his lateral movement disappeared after a few hit ups.
    Uate looked solid on the wing with what little ball he had. One to watch
    AFB was pretty disappointing but had a few decent runs with quick play the balls.
    Lamb looked classy. I expect his ownership will increase today.
    Et looks like he has gotten a bit bigger. Might help with his missed tackles. Still given the freedom to ball play in attack. Probably slightly under valued but tough to find room for his.
    Curtis Scott looked really good from limited touches. Light on his feet and solid defensively. Might run with him as a NPR regardless of round 1 team lists.
    Despite scoring 2 tries Croft does not look like anything special. Won't last long in first grade unless he seriously improves his game management and decision making.
    Munster looks just as good as last year. If Slater is injured in preseason lock Munster in as your gun WFB.
    Gela-Mosby showed his pace but still made a few poor defensive reads. Another year in QLD cup will do him good.
    Watson looked class with every touch. Great at steering the team around the park and wasn't afraid to run the ball. Would love him to play 5/8 over Keary but not going to happen.
    Matterson looked promising. Not sure if his future lies in the halves, backrow or centre but he is a genuine first grader. Will have a spot locked down by the start of 2018.
    Dunamis Lui ran hard for the Raiders but unlikely to get decent game time.
    Gray injury may open the door for Robert Jennings.
    Cody Walker looked threatening running the ball but lacked direction.
    Vidot looks to have bulked up. Should break plenty of tackles if he lands a first grade spot.
    Sironen performed above expectations, maybe the change of scenary will do him well. I expect him to be starting round 1.
    Norman to French is going to a top tier combination for years to come. Not sure if it will translate to fantasy points for French.
    Ponga is a freak. The way he steps before he has the ball beating his defender off the ball is something I haven't seen since a young Justin Hodges. His ability to step from the insider shoulder to outside shoulder and accelerate in one motion is special.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:13 pm

I think Lamb may have secured a spot in my 17. Was very close to picking him anyway but he looked comfortable today. And hes filled out a bit more

That will give me some much needed coin to bolster the 2nd row
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:18 pm

cheers for the write up. tuned in just in time to watch ponga, freakish one on one skills
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Had Lamb in my team the moment I picked it. Pretty solid scorer given how shithouse the Knights were in the games he played and with a better team around him I think he'll do alright as a scorer. Jai Field has also rocketed into contention for a halves spot for the Dragons. Skinny yes but fast and full of attacking potential.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Awesome post MS. Thanks mate.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Sorry everyone computer posted it three times. How do you delete posts here again? Tried editing it but no delete option came up
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Random wrote:Yeah got to be the Titans this year if we are looking for the Fairytale. They have a credible spine, decent pack, just the rest of the outside backs seem a bit mediocre. Though Sarginson may fire for them and Hurrell if he isnt injured. They were a bottom of the ladder team last year that made the 8.

With Hayne and Peats in a full preseason with the Titans it just seems right.

Titans 10th year in the comp this year so that would be something. Not sure how they will line up but might be something like:

1. Hayne
    2. Don
    3. Simona (Hopefully! or Sarginson)
    4. Hurrell
    5. Vidot
    6. Elgey
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Taia
    12. Proctor
    13. McQueen (not 100%)

14. Roberts (maybe Lawton?)
    15. Paasi
    16. Pulu
    17. Peteru

Taia may start at lock and Peats shifts there when Roberts comes on. I would prefer someone else at lock and McQueen on the edge with his speed. I do not think Passi will spend anytime at lock. I think he will split time with Wallace and may even start.

Last edited by User Name on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:56 pm

User Name wrote:

Titans 10th year in the comp this year so that would be something.

If channel 9 start speaking about them in the first few rounds i think i might put money on em to win the premiership and bring james and a few others i am on the fence with into squad as the will be getting a bit of a helping hand!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Wonder what price Dodds comes in at when added
    Anyone interested in Vidot for 240k?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:07 pm

can someone please post stats for cordner, last 5 game avg v all games before that for 2017 v priced avg 2017

Thanks
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:08 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Wonder what price Dodds comes in at when added
    Anyone interested in Vidot for 240k?

Too rich for me but i am picking up at least 1 Titans winger (im hoping its Olive). Hayne loves getting a good combo with his wingers, put Semi over a heap of times with that cut out ball.
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Shanbon wrote:can someone please post stats for cordner, last 5 game avg v all games before that for 2017 v priced avg 2017

Thanks

Last 5 avg is 60
    Season avg is 54.5 and is priced at this average.

I can not help you with 2017! Laughing
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:29 pm

My team with a few tweaks

Smith King
    McGuire Wallace Matagi PKaufusi
    Surgess Cordner Hess Kennedy Capewell Stimpson
    Norman Moses Egley Hingango
    Smat, Idris Olive Kelly

2nd row pending the Hess 2nd row, Lowe middle rumours are true, i hope Capewell is in front of T-Rex and Paulo, Stimpson is just there until i find someone else who'll play for bottom $, 2nd row is where i am most unsure
    I thought about Lamb over Moses and upgrading elsewhere but i dont see him or Elgey busting out 50+ and i want 2 halves who can do that, im tipping Moses hits gun level this year. Hing to Field is on the cards, happy to have a no named 4th half looking to get played down the track.
    Dont like Idris at 2nd Centre want him as third and upgrade Kelly but not ready to do that yet.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:Sorry everyone computer posted it three times. How do you delete posts here again? Tried editing it but no delete option came up

You don't delete.

You just sit back and accept that your mistake has brought us a touch closer to the next page 51 party

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 pm