NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Feline Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:26 pm

I have been thinking about cash cow FRF, not the mid rangers, the ones that are low priced. I think there is super value here, providing you get the selections right.

I was hoping to get some thoughts on some of these potentials

Zane Tetavano 143k -  maybe in line for about 30 minutes starting as a rookie or perhaps even more, depending (good prospect)

Toafofoa Sipley 143k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Warriors

John Spina - 143k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Cowboys

Herman Ese'ese - 151k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Broncos

Sam Hoare - 151k- awesome ppm - quite likely to get a bench spot with increased minutes- priced at a minimum (good option)

Mose Masoe - 166k - maybe worth a shot but injured

Patrick Kaufusi - 167k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Cowboys

JJ Felise - 177k - not really an options - only a chance to get a minor bench role

Christian Welch - 189k - high ppm - secure bench spot - potential to increase - maybe not a must have though

Frank Pritchard - 190k - big non-fantasy impact - but best case scenario of getting close to 40 minutes from the bench and scoring 25 points per game (poor option)

Suaia Matagi - 204k - big potential for a price rise - likely starter at the eels with around 40 minutes (double that of previous years) - likely sustained price rise (good option)

Joe Ofahengaue - 236k - maybe small price rise but not enough at that price - slow burn - not recommended

Zane Musgrove - 237k - A little bit undervalued as only played 6 games last year. Not likely to rise that much - probably better options

Sam Lisone -240k - Perhaps Lisone is likely to start - undervalued if the case. Should increase average from 25 to 35 (goodish option)

Jacob Host - 241k - dual position player which is useful - likely stable bench spot - likely to increase but only by a little bit - top score 51 last year out of only 8 games

Addin Fonua-Blake 253k - based on the situation at Manly in line for a much bigger role - proven rice potential at the end of last year.

Probably even starting to get out of true cash cow territory now where you would starting to be calling people mid-rangers unless you are confident in the ability of Gurgess or Wallace to really pull out a significant price rise, and you are better off buying a keeper

Based on this the best bottom prices players are Hoare and Tetevano

Others well worth considering are Matagi, Lisone and Fonua Blake.

Thoughts?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Feline wrote:I have been thinking about cash cow FRF, not the mid rangers, the ones that are low priced. I think there is super value here, providing you get the selections right.

I was hoping to get some thoughts on some of these potentials

Zane Tetavano 143k -  maybe in line for about 30 minutes starting as a rookie or perhaps even more, depending (good prospect)

Toafofoa Sipley 143k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Warriors

John Spina - 143k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Cowboys

Herman Ese'ese - 151k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Broncos

Sam Hoare - 151k- awesome ppm - quite likely to get a bench spot with increased minutes- priced at a minimum (good option)

Mose Masoe - 166k - maybe worth a shot but injured

Patrick Kaufusi - 167k - potential but unlikely to get a run on the bench at the Cowboys

JJ Felise - 177k - not really an options - only a chance to get a minor bench role

Christian Welch - 189k - high ppm - secure bench spot - potential to increase - maybe not a must have though

Frank Pritchard - 190k - big non-fantasy impact - but best case scenario of getting close to 40 minutes from the bench and scoring 25 points per game (poor option)

Suaia Matagi - 204k - big potential for a price rise - likely starter at the eels with around 40 minutes (double that of previous years) - likely sustained price rise (good option)

Joe Ofahengaue - 236k - maybe small price rise but not enough at that price - slow burn - not recommended

Zane Musgrove - 237k - A little bit undervalued as only played 6 games last year. Not likely to rise that much - probably better options

Sam Lisone -240k - Perhaps Lisone is likely to start - undervalued if the case. Should increase average from 25 to 35 (goodish option)

Jacob Host - 241k - dual position player which is useful - likely stable bench spot - likely to increase but only by a little bit - top score 51 last year out of only 8 games

Addin Fonua-Blake 253k - based on the situation at Manly in line for a much bigger role - proven rice potential at the end of last year.

Probably even starting to get out of true cash cow territory now where you would starting to be calling people mid-rangers unless you are confident in the ability of Gurgess or Wallace to really pull out a significant price rise, and you are better off buying a keeper

Based on this the best bottom prices players are Hoare and Tetevano

Others well worth considering are Matagi, Lisone and Fonua Blake.

Thoughts?

I think Pat Kaufusi has a better shot of getting a spot in the Cowboys 17 than Hoare.

Don't see Matagi starting over Mannah and Brown.

Luciano Leilua interests me as an NPR
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Interesting thoughts from DT. No bench hooker for dragons, eels or sharkies
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:37 pm

bluetige wrote:Interesting thoughts from DT. No bench hooker for dragons, eels or sharkies

Could any be a bench hooker in disguise? Host maybe?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:41 pm

mulvy wrote:

Could any be a bench hooker in disguise? Host maybe?
    ahhh, let me think for a moment

No
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:52 pm

cheer

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 8 Unlimi10
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:54 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I think Pat Kaufusi has a better shot of getting a spot in the Cowboys 17 than Hoare.

Don't see Matagi starting over Mannah and Brown.

Luciano Leilua interests me as an NPR

Interesting!

I am not that wise about the Cowboys, but what is your reasoning behind Kaufusi over Hoare. Just a hunch or something more to it.

Also regarding Matagi, I think that in the prop rotation there will be Mannah, Matagi, Brown and Pritchard.

Pritchard is unlikely for big minutes, Mannah usually plays around 40 minutes max. Brown and Matagi are in line for 40+ minutes regardless of starting on the bench in the starting side. Many of the eels forums see Matago starting over Brown, with Brown coming on for impact later with Pritchard. Previous years Matagi has only played 20 minutes or so.

There doesn't seem to be much love for Matagi but based on this he seems like a surefire cash cow. Can anyone say why not?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:00 pm

I think Corey Jensen will sneak onto the cowboys bench. Probably not going to be terribly fantasy relevant due to lack of mins.

cowboys already stated they are working out how to get Hess some good mins on the field even while having cooper/lowe/taumolo - so i'm not sure how that will work out.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:05 pm

I dont think Rochow will come within cooee of starting at prop round 1.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Feline wrote:

Interesting!

I am not that wise about the Cowboys, but what is your reasoning behind Kaufusi over Hoare. Just a hunch or something more to it.

Also regarding Matagi, I think that in the prop rotation there will be Mannah, Matagi, Brown and Pritchard.

Pritchard is unlikely for big minutes, Mannah usually plays around 40 minutes max. Brown and Matagi are in line for 40+ minutes regardless of starting on the bench in the starting side. Many of the eels forums see Matago starting over Brown, with Brown coming on for impact later with Pritchard. Previous years Matagi has only played 20 minutes or so.

There doesn't seem to be much love for Matagi but based on this he seems like a surefire cash cow. Can anyone say why not?

Just a hunch on Kaufusi - plus I just want to see him get a run as a Bundy lad.

Won't Vave be in the eels prop rotation too?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Fines system introduced by the judiciary. Less suspensions this season?
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:33 pm

[/quote]

HOK: Is McCullough an 80 minute player? He did it a lot after the midway point last season. But if McGuire plays Lock for 80 minutes (Unlike Parker was) would that mean Nikorima continues to pick up those minutes. Although he could be a good pick as the last 11 games he played the 80 minutes and averaged 51 points a game. Which is 6 more points than he is priced at. So just wondering how you see McGuires move/Nikorimas impact going to be this year. Otherwise if you think he pushes back to the gun status he can be. He is definitely underpriced. Also what do you do if a bench HOK is named with McInnes?

FRF:
    I know everyone is expecting big things from Fonua-Blake. Lussicks injury helps but they still have Lawrence, Myles, Trbojevic and potentially Taupau to help take up minutes in the Front Row. Though if he gets 40-50 minutes he is golden. It just worries me, you are right there if cash to be made here but you are running a risk, if 3 god forbid all 4 of these guys don't get enough of a time bump to improve their scores. Hell even if they get a minor one it may not be enough for them to earn cash fast enough for them to be upgraded. Kaufusi could pick up some alright minutes but he still isn't going to be starting most likely and doesn't look to be a great option. Last year he played 40 minutes or more 6 times and he scored above 30 points on 4 occasions. However 3 of those occasions also included tries. In fact his PPM when not scoring a try last season was 0.68 which isn't bad, but it is boosted by short stints and quick minutes. If it takes a similar hit (As most players do) in larger stints he is likely to struggle to hit a 30 point average. Which means yeah he will make you money, it will just take him half the year to make it without tries. Hoare I will add in the next part.

2RF:
    Picking up Hess is off. The way I see it one of Hess or Hoare are capable of benefiting from minutes this year but with Cooper, Taumalolo, Lowe locking down the second row and Scott and Bolton looking to start there are only so many minutes going to be left for the bench guys and you don't really want to spread your cash around to hedge your bets on which one it will be. If they were both at Rookie prices then yeah sure try it. However between them you are spending $418k between them. I think you should back the cheaper horse in the race, run with Hoare and look for another cheapie. The extra cash can be spent elsewhere. Because you could be spending $267k on a guy who isn't making very much. He is at the moment your 3rd/4th reserve and if a couple of rookies or other guys step up he could be sitting outside your 17 by Round 3 as a fair size of cash. That you don't want to trade because he isn't losing money. Really consider looking for another cheapie/mid tier guy. Stimson doubtful he gets a run but he is a rookie who can be replaced by any other rookie named at the start of the year.

HLF:
    Lamb is iffy to be betting on. Hodkinson by all accounts had an incredibly poor season last year. Although he does seem to like to kick. Mullen could also end up back in the team so may want to have a back up option in case. Not interested in Elgey. (Not that it is bad, just thoughts why.)

CTR:
    You have stacked Guns in the Second Row. I get that, but you have gone light in the FRF to make cash. You could also apply the same logic to your CTR's while S. Mata'Utia could become a keeper in the CTR position it looks like a better option to start him in the 2RF and look at guys like Hurrell, Whare, Lafai, Chambers and hell even Gagai potentially. This isn't a must do move, but it could be a way of replacing Hess and downgrading him to someone else who can make some cash.

WFB:
    Gutherson has potential to be a great option this year. It is just not yet decided as to how much Norman will impact on his scores. Now the lack of KM shouldn't be too much of an issue as he scored well without them. The only issue is if he can remain as consistent with his attacking stats to keep him scoring well. Although he does do some defending averaging around 20 tackles when playing Five-Eight. So that will definitely help out. The only other thing is the noticeable omission of Valentine Holmes who if named at FB round 1 over Bird will be in most teams. [/quote]

OK Thanks - great team review really appreciate it!

I put some thought into it and reviewed my ideas. Added to the potential value in the front row, there is as pointed out, a lot of value in WFB this year too.

To respond:

HOK: You are right. Smith is too good too pass up. Him and King it is, who I think will play and play 80. He will be a NPR so only used as a cash cow.

FRF: I am quite fixed on my very light FRF, because of the cash cows, so actually I decided to go even lighter here now, and also boost the WFB position, which also offers more remarkable mid range options I have settled on Fonua Blake, Matagi, Hoare & Tetevano. Hoare can be replaced by P Kaufusi if need be. This is less risky than using mid rangers and the high prices FRF will all lose value in my opinion.

2RF: Hess is gone as suggested. Now my 2RF is killer Surgess, Thompson, Buhrer. Taylor, K. Bromwich and nuffie

HLF: Not interested in Elgey. I think Lamb will increase in value and score OK. I can upgrade him later when I makes some cash. He will certainly make money and score 40+, which is great for his price.

CTR: I got questions over all your CTR suggestions. Sione is a set and forget in a difficult position. Idris will score all right and really has not cost much to do it. Rennings is an interesting prospect as well if he gets a run.

WFB: Stacked now and all 5 will be in the 17. I looked at Slater and Holmes and then added them to RTS, Hayne and Gutho (both likely to be fbs and there is strong value there). Slater will score as the Storm fullback well unless injured and if so, I can spend the money elsewhere. If I need cash later I can pick up a cheapie WFB cash cow later when the emerge and shift Gutherson to the halves (or get rid of him, if he does not perform (but I think he will)) .

I think you have significantly improved my team.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:37 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

yeh it'd be mannah, vave, nbrown and matagi youd think.
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:40 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

OK. I thin Hoare is an exciting prospect even as a regular 20 minute bench player for fantasy. If he is named on the bench I will stick with him. Wait and see I suppose.

I am expecting Matagi to start and play around 40 minutes in 2 stints. Even in a worse case scenario of 30 to 35 minutes a good cash cow for a later upgrade. Lisone at the Warriors is another option but not as good

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:45 pm

2017 NRL FANTASY FANATICS NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION THREAD IS NOW OPEN!! Click Me
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:12 pm

did bev french play any games at fullback last year? i can see him making some money

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Any thoughts on why fantasy is working on my phone but not my laptop?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Here's my team by the way, i'd love some feedback

Smith, Ballin
    Fifita, Vaughan, AFB
    T Harris, Buhrer, K Brom, Sione Mat, Sironen
    SJ, Lamb, Elgey
    Whare, Idris
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:28 pm

pm888 wrote:did bev french play any games at fullback last year? i can see him making some money

I really can't, unless he scores doubles/hat tricks every game tbh
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:33 pm

pm888 wrote:did bev french play any games at fullback last year? i can see him making some money
    he played the last 2 games at fullback, scored 3 tries in both games but only scored in the 50's both times

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:17 pm