NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:59 am

If anybody has the time could they run their eye over this. Gone with my first team without Smith nor with a 2nd gun hooker just to change it up.

Farah, King
    Fifita, JWH, AFB, Nuffie
    Surgess, Klemmer, Fensom, KBrom, Nuffie, Nuffie
    DCE, JT, Elgey, Nuffie
    Idris, SMat, Nuffie, Nuffie
    RTS, Hayne, Slater, Nuffie, Nuffie
    125k left.

Fensom is interchangeable with a few guys at the moment (Guerra, ET) but with the spare cash I'm thinking someone like Frizell for a better POD. Haven't seen too much mention of DCE/JT in the halves but I like them as a combo here as it should see me through to Origin with no risk of big form drops in the Johnson mould. Obviously his team is gambling on King to get the hooker duties at Para but if he does then even if he splits game time he becomes a very interesting prospect as a money saver for elsewhere
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Mulvy Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:22 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:If anybody has the time could they run their eye over this. Gone with my first team without Smith nor with a 2nd gun hooker just to change it up.

Farah, King
    Fifita, JWH, AFB, Nuffie
    Surgess, Klemmer, Fensom, KBrom, Nuffie, Nuffie
    DCE, JT, Elgey, Nuffie
    Idris, SMat, Nuffie, Nuffie
    RTS, Hayne, Slater, Nuffie, Nuffie
    125k left.

Fensom is interchangeable with a few guys at the moment (Guerra, ET) but with the spare cash I'm thinking someone like Frizell for a better POD. Haven't seen too much mention of DCE/JT in the halves but I like them as a combo here as it should see me through to Origin with no risk of big form drops in the Johnson mould. Obviously his team is gambling on King to get the hooker duties at Para but if he does then even if he splits game time he becomes a very interesting prospect as a money saver for elsewhere

Obviously the Fence needs to be replaced if he can't get a start somewhere, my vote for ET. Possibly too many origin players. Farah misses five games, Klemmer and Fifita four, and then there's JT and possibly Hayne, Slater DCE although I think the halves are as good as any. I agree if King starts even modest scoring should see him make cash. Another team with JWH - what am I missing?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:31 am

Matt Ballin named vice captain, does that imply he is favoured start? Split with Liddle 50/30 maybe. Ballin to make 40 odd tackles and then Liddle as impact either side of HT? Is that how people see it? Just need his legs to hold together and he's scoring well above his price and would be a solid reserve? Is injury risk the main reason people are avoiding?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:35 am

First draft.

Farah, mcInnes (I think they both play close to 80)
    MCGuire, Brown, AFB, Musgrave
    Surgess, Bodene, ET, Kennedy, cow, cow
    Norman, Taylor, Hingano, Brown
    Idris, S.Mat, Kelly, Scott
    Hayne, RTS, Jennings, Pythian, Duffy

I think MCGuire goes to lock. Brown could be a starter, possibly end up 2RF or lock. Ash Taylor will be gold this year. Rob Jennings should end up taking Goodwin's centre spot. Some good cows in here. Bring on the trials!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:38 am

I don't think Farah plays origin this year. His time for rep footy is over. Peats or McInnes to get his spot.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:53 am

Rabbit wrote:First draft.

I think MCGuire goes to lock. Brown could be a starter, possibly end up 2RF or lock. Ash Taylor will be gold this year. Rob Jennings should end up taking Goodwin's centre spot. Some good cows in here. Bring on the trials!

I'd go Lisone over Musgrove, he will likely start for the Warriors with the injury of Ben Matulino and I wouldn't count on Idris, someone like Uate could even improve more, given Idris will likely play few minutes on the bench as a second rower or not at all.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:55 am

Actually, I didn't see the extra cash you had, Dean Whare is a must have over Idris

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:10 am

Anyone awake yet?

McInnes, Ballin
    Fifita, Prior, Lisone, AFB
    De Belin, Buhrer, K Brom, Arrow, Capewell, Stimson
    SJ, Elgey, Hingano, Nona
    Tommy T, Sione Mat, R Jennings, Kelly
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Python, Dufty
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:48 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Last year I ended up with 3 fires to put out pretty quickly in Henry, Littlejohn, Green. Henry obviously due to injury but Littlejohn and Green were named to start from nowhere and then disappeared

No offence MS but littlejohn was a self inflicted fire. He was only named for round 1 because Brooks had to serve a 1 week suspension but was always going to be recalled for week 2. Maybe you didn't know so that would of hurt
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:12 am

Beepbeep_imaJeep wrote:

I'd go Lisone over Musgrove, he will likely start for the Warriors with the injury of Ben Matulino and I wouldn't count on Idris, someone like Uate could even improve more, given Idris will likely play few minutes on the bench as a second rower or not at all.

surely idris starts in the centres?? like not even any debate
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:25 am

Id be happy to have Idris as my 3rd centre but i just cant count on him playing 4-5 straight games to start the season. If he is fit he will 100% be one of the Tigers centres.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:33 am

Beepbeep_imaJeep wrote:Anyone awake yet?

McInnes, Ballin
    Fifita, Prior, Lisone, AFB
    De Belin, Buhrer, K Brom, Arrow, Capewell, Stimson
    SJ, Elgey, Hingano, Nona
    Tommy T, Sione Mat, R Jennings, Kelly
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Python, Dufty

- Ballin is definitely underpriced, however he is such a big risk with injury concerns and will surely have a bench HOK gunning for his spot. If you want a Tigers HOK, perhaps looking at Liddle/McIllwrick who are priced cheaper and will be playing off the bench. Otherwise I would either turn him to someone without big question marks, or one of the other cheapies running around like King. (There is a lot of risk with Ballin, but it could turn out good for you.)

- The sharks pack hasn't really changed. In fact they have only added Tony Williams, and Paul Gallen wont be playing Rep Games this year so will try and play as much as possible probably. So not much is changing for Prior who can score 50 points in 50 minutes, but can also score 15 points in the same amount of time. It is hard to see him making that jump from mid-range guy to through and through gun. Again he is another player with potential upside, but he could just as well sit around his current price.

- I cop flack for going light in the HLF's, you are going even lighter. Goodluck with that one.

- Starting off incredibly strong with your CTR's. The only thing of note is a lot of teams are running Sione Mata'utai in their 2RF initially because of the value in the CTR's. So if you feel like your Arrow/K. Brom picks would outweigh and be more successful than Idris, Whare, Hurrel then definitely go for it.

- That backline is great.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:34 am

lewis9966 wrote:
    Beepbeep_imaJeep wrote:

surely idris starts in the centres?? like not even any debate

Yeah all reports have Idris starting in the CTR's. I agree that Uate has potential to improve now behind a decent team. He is notorious for poor scores and then blistering 80+ scores. Not something you want in your team but something that could make you cash.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:44 am

bluetige wrote:

No offence MS but littlejohn was a self inflicted fire. He was only named for round 1 because Brooks had to serve a 1 week suspension but was always going to be recalled for week 2. Maybe you didn't know so that would of hurt

Yeah thought he might put up ~35 points or so like his previous scores in the halves and then cover for injuries during the year, IIRC he didn't get another game despite Farah and Brooks missing time
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 am

Rabbit wrote:First draft.

HOK: No C. Smith 2spooky4me. If you see them both playing close to 80 minutes as possible and Farah makes a return to his Gun Status then it is definitely a good way to start the season as both guys are on the cheaper side. (At least comparatively to Smith.)

FRF: I am not sold on McGuire scoring anymore than he has in the past. No matter his position. Someone earlier in the year broke down how the Broncos defence stacked up and showed that McGuire was already defending close to the ruck more often than not last year while Parker had moved to the outer edge. For mine McGuire can score like a gun with 60+ points. It is just a matter of consistency and whether or not he can actually keep it up. (Though I thought last year was his breakout year to through and through gun status. So it may be me just feeling the burn.) If you think Brown starts then he should be decent enough to run.

2RF: Nothing of note, Bodene will be a solid PoD to start the year.

HLF: No Elgey? Do you think Tyrone Roberts gets first crack in the HLFs with Taylor. If that is the case, maybe reconsider Taylors scoring ability. If you just don't like the option of Elgey but think he will still be there, then Taylor is definitely worth considering. Someone I am considering if he gets the bulk of the kicking. Interesting note though, Taylor scored above 50 points 4 times last season but 3 of those times involved a try. The one time he scored 50 points without a try Tyrone Roberts was out and he more than doubled his average kick meters for the season. So for mine Taylor is worth grabbing dependent on Roberts starting.

CTR: No problems here, but don't like the looks of Whare or Hurrell over any of your 2RF picks?

WFB: Only person I have seen starting Jennings within their 17. Goodluck.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:53 am

JT has quoted as saying he only brought Idris to play in the centres

Also, why has so many people (not just Random) said that Ballin is injury prone but King will be a good pick. I would consider King a very risky purchase with his history, like buying Benry or either of the Stanley brothers.

Ballin is only behind Douglas and Jason Taylor for the most consecutive games played. His injury last year wasn't another injury it was the same knee that hadn't healed properly, so providing that knee has healed properly this time, he should be good to go, hopefully
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:53 am

mulvy wrote:Matt Ballin named vice captain, does that imply he is favoured start? Split with Liddle 50/30 maybe. Ballin to make 40 odd tackles and then Liddle as impact either side of HT? Is that how people see it? Just need his legs to hold together and he's scoring well above his price and would be a solid reserve? Is injury risk the main reason people are avoiding?

Injury risk is why I am looking at avoiding him.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:54 am

bluetige wrote:JT has quoted as saying he only brought Idris to play in the centres

Also, why has so many people (not just Random) said that Ballin is injury prone but King will be a good pick. I would consider King a very risky purchase with his history, like buying Benry or either of the Stanley brothers.

Ballin is only behind Douglas and Jason Taylor for the most consecutive games played. His injury last year wasn't another injury it was the same knee that hadn't healed properly, so providing that knee has healed properly this time, he should be good to go, hopefully

For mine it is just King was cheaper and should hold out the other HOK options where as the Tigers really rate Liddle. But that is extremely interesting... If I consider Ballin because of this post and it backfires it will be all on you.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:56 am

mulvy wrote:

Obviously the Fence needs to be replaced if he can't get a start somewhere, my vote for ET. Possibly too many origin players. Farah misses five games, Klemmer and Fifita four, and then there's JT and possibly Hayne, Slater DCE although I think the halves are as good as any. I agree if King starts even modest scoring should see him make cash. Another team with JWH - what am I missing?

I don't see Farah playing Origin this year. I think they will start to blood Peats possibly this season. Agree with Klemmer and Fifita but ruling two players out as they miss games 12 rounds from now is too harsh. Too many origin players is a risk as it means more trades but I'm hoping I have the balance. DCE will probably miss out again this year, Morgan is obviously ahead in the pecking order so he's in a fight with Hunt and Milford for the 4th spot. Hayne should make it yea but I can see Slater being passed on but either way he is there as a cash cow rather than as a long term keeper as he never has quite the right skill set to be deadly at fantasy. Too much of his great work is defensively, off the ball or as the crucial link play rather than as the last man passing it on.

JWH is an interesting one. I think it might have been two years ago where he finished the 2nd half of the season as one of the better PODs to have and was just sitting below the Graham/Bromwich/Woods tier. This year with a reduced price as a result of suspensions and injuries last year I see a lot of cash cow potential there. He is a much better scorer than his price and should at least bridge the gap to those mentioned earlier or even join them.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Hey Beast, are you jumping in Ultimate League again this year?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:05 pm