NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 27 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:02 pm

@Beasty - Check out the Ultimate League thread to confirm your position in the Leagues for this year. Unless you don't have the minerals? Razz
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 27 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:09 pm

haha no worries boys, glad to be back into the swing of things and good to see a few new posters to start the seaon off.

Will pop in and confirm my attendance
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Random wrote:

For mine it is just King was cheaper and should hold out the other HOK options where as the Tigers really rate Liddle. But that is extremely interesting... If I consider Ballin because of this post and it backfires it will be all on you.

Haha, I better run and hide. Seriously, I would of considered Ballin if he was bottom dollar but because he is just over 200k I don't see value in him but I definitely don't consider him an injury risk. It wasn't just your post that said he was an injury risk, many others had said the same thing, even that he was injury prone, which I don't think he is.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:39 pm

So the Tigers are bumping Simona out but have afforded the re-signing of a 17yr old centre whos played two NYC games for 1.2 mil?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Random wrote:

HOK: No C. Smith 2spooky4me. If you see them both playing close to 80 minutes as possible and Farah makes a return to his Gun Status then it is definitely a good way to start the season as both guys are on the cheaper side. (At least comparatively to Smith.)

FRF: I am not sold on McGuire scoring anymore than he has in the past. No matter his position. Someone earlier in the year broke down how the Broncos defence stacked up and showed that McGuire was already defending close to the ruck more often than not last year while Parker had moved to the outer edge. For mine McGuire can score like a gun with 60+ points. It is just a matter of consistency and whether or not he can actually keep it up. (Though I thought last year was his breakout year to through and through gun status. So it may be me just feeling the burn.) If you think Brown starts then he should be decent enough to run.

2RF: Nothing of note, Bodene will be a solid PoD to start the year.

HLF: No Elgey? Do you think Tyrone Roberts gets first crack in the HLFs with Taylor. If that is the case, maybe reconsider Taylors scoring ability. If you just don't like the option of Elgey but think he will still be there, then Taylor is definitely worth considering. Someone I am considering if he gets the bulk of the kicking. Interesting note though, Taylor scored above 50 points 4 times last season but 3 of those times involved a try. The one time he scored 50 points without a try Tyrone Roberts was out and he more than doubled his average kick meters for the season. So for mine Taylor is worth grabbing dependent on Roberts starting.

CTR: No problems here, but don't like the looks of Whare or Hurrell over any of your 2RF picks?

WFB: Only person I have seen starting Jennings within their 17. Goodluck.

Good writeup Random. I agree with all. Trials and team lists will definitely see it change. Cheers.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:So the Tigers are bumping Simona out but have afforded the re-signing of a 17yr old centre whos played two NYC games for 1.2 mil?

Doesn't it only come into affect next year? So it won't impact on this year. But still seriously stupid to invest in so much. The two NYC games he has played he didn't even finish due to back injury.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:So the Tigers are bumping Simona out but have afforded the re-signing of a 17yr old centre whos played two NYC games for 1.2 mil?

Muppetry is the Tigers way.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Tigers recruitment is the best in the league

cough-cough-cough
    roll eyes

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:07 pm

2020 vision.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Bren wrote:
    2020 vision.

Badum1
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:haha no worries boys, glad to be back into the swing of things and good to see a few new posters to start the seaon off.

Will pop in and confirm my attendance

You glorious Beast Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:21 pm

What to you guys think about Jack de Belin as an option?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:50 pm

JDB could be a good pick, I only wish I knew how many minutes he'll get with so many forwards options at the Dragons
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Try and work out the minutes in this lot

Vaughan
    McInnes
    Packer
    Frizell
    Thompson
    JDB

then reserves
    LAM
    Sims
    Host/Leilua
    Marketo/Havili

Mosoe when he gets fit

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:08 pm

bluetige wrote:Try and work out the minutes in this lot

Vaughan
    McInnes
    Packer
    Frizell
    Thompson
    JDB

then reserves
    LAM
    Sims
    Host/Leilua
    Marketo/Havili

Mosoe when he gets fit

He played 80 almost every game after he came back from injury and Vaughan is the only player added to the pack. He still made 40+ tackles in 6 games in which he didn't play 80 as well.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:21 pm

I think JDB is a reliable, top pick but its hard to fit him in, or go with him over the other guys in his price range, eg Surgess
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Beepbeep_imaJeep wrote:What to you guys think about Jack de Belin as an option?
    Against all logic at the end of last year the Dragons ran with 80 minute performances from their 9,11,12 and 13 and rotated 4 reserves through 8 and 10. There were a few games where the 9 was being benched with the entire back row playing big minutes. If this continues JDB will be coming straight into my team
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:33 pm

my tv broke wrote:I think JDB is a reliable, top pick but its hard to fit him in, or go with him over the other guys in his price range, eg Surgess

This.

If he was in say the Jturbo/Cartwright price range then he is a great POD who has reliable gurantee of minutes and a high floor. But with the uncertainty around how many minutes he will get between playing 60 up to the full 80 as well as being priced above Manners, Gal, Merrin and Surgess there is a lot more safety in the other 4 I think.

The safety within the guns is what is one of the hardest parts of negotiating the first week team IMO. No one is ever going to say choosing De Belin over Merrin is a bad call, but come 5 weeks in Merrin might be averaging a few more points and that 40k would have been useful, but it also comes hard to justify trading out the big gun without a massive reason. Trading out for $20k or so and 2 extra points a week is hard to justify at the early stages of the game when maximizing each trade per week is key. In that sense I tend to typically go the safe/conservative option with my guns at whatever position and try go for the more POD/riskier plays at the tier down, ie someone like Frizell/Gillett (who has been hardly mentioned) a 2rf position. Same reason you might see someone throw the name like Dylan Napa around come first team list as a 2nd front row option as a high scoring POD but just doesn't have the same type of safety net of a guy like Graham/Bromwich as the big gun
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:35 pm

my tv broke wrote:I think JDB is a reliable, top pick but its hard to fit him in, or go with him over the other guys in his price range, eg Surgess
    If we knew how the minutes were going to play out I would happily run JDB instead of Surgess
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:36 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    Against all logic at the end of last year the Dragons ran with 80 minute performances from their 9,11,12 and 13 and rotated 4 reserves through 8 and 10. There were a few games where the 9 was being benched with the entire back row playing big minutes. If this continues JDB will be coming straight into my team

What's your reasoning then for taking him over say Surgess and pocketing the 40k? Or if it is the POD factor over Surgess who is in many teams then what about the similar priced alternatives in Merrin or PODene Thompson. Not saying don't get JDB just after some of your thinking as the 2rf gun is one of my tossing points trying to pick my team

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:47 pm