NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by No Worries Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:20 pm

White Lightning wrote:Yeah I looked at the Bulldogs cause I was keen on Kasiano & RFM but I don't think Des will change much & I think both will start on the bench & not get enough mins.
    Graham, Lichaa, Tolman, Jackson, Eastwood, Klemmer.
    Graham, Tolman & Klemmer can play big minutes, Jackson will play 80 mins so that leaves sfa minutes for Kasiano & RFM.

They were a pretty unhappy team at the end of 2016. If Des doesn't change much then I'll take the odds on "first coach sacked"
    Chucky
    Chucky

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Chucky Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

But if he doesn't find anywhere else and they are stuck with him, will they play him in first grade?
    He played every game last year.

If Hastings is injured he may well find himself on the bench as a utility
    As our stats guru I'm sure you know his average minutes from last year.
    I seem to recall quite often he played less than 10 minutes a game. Other games he was shifted to centre and scored bugger all.
    That was all before he was told to find another club.
    He may play every game again, but his scores will be terrible.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 pm

No Worries wrote:
    Chucky wrote:Working night shift tonight and catching up on all the posts.
    Finally had a look at the players prices and decided to put together my first draft.
    The salary cap is 8 million this year, right?

Only if you play as the Broncos

Lol
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Chucky wrote:
    As our stats guru I'm sure you know his average minutes from last year.
    I seem to recall quite often he played less than 10 minutes a game. Other games he was shifted to centre and scored bugger all.
    That was all before he was told to find another club.
    He may play every game again, but his scores will be terrible.

Lewis Brown.

Average minutes from the bench was 28 (8 games) Fantasy average a massive 11.75 points
    10 games as starting centre, fantasy average 21

Started in forwards 6 times for an average of 33.8 in 72 minutes

Manly have had a bit of a shake up in the off-season so its yet to be seen how much he is considered part of their plans, but (assuming he isn't offloaded) I think his utility value will see him play a bit of first grade. Not that that makes him a fantasy option.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Lewis Brown.

Average minutes from the bench was 28 (8 games) Fantasy average a massive 11.75 points
    10 games as starting centre, fantasy average 21

Started in forwards 6 times for an average of 33.8 in 72 minutes

Manly have had a bit of a shake up in the off-season so its yet to be seen how much he is considered part of their plans, but (assuming he isn't offloaded) I think his utility value will see him play a bit of first grade. Not that that makes him a fantasy option.

Lewi was only really a real fantasy option when he was available in the centres in 2011 and at a bargain price.
    Since then his fantasy points have not reflected his skill and then his form has been average for a year or two now and he's come out and admitted that and confirmed he's struggled with mental health.

I'd back him to pick his form up big time this year but don't expect that to translate to fantasy points.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:47 pm

My latest draft:

Smith, McInnes
    McGuire, DSaifiti, Fonua-Blake, NPR
    Surgess, Buhrer, KBromwich, (2RF cash cow), (2RF cash cow), NPR
    Norman, Moses, Elgey, Hingano
    SMat, Idris, Kelly, NPR
    Hayne, RTS, Slater, Pythian, NPR

I don't plan to make many changes to the bulk of this team, every player I've chosen has the potential to score above their BE, except for Captain Smith
    Now I'll just wait and see if the nines and trials reveal some cheap cashcows... then teamlist will decide my pick of cows and cheapies.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:52 pm

i think alot of teams are going to look very similar come round 1.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:i think alot of teams are going to look very similar come round 1.

I expect most teams to have Smith, Surgess, Idris, Hayne, RTS, and Slater

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Chewie wrote:

I expect most teams to have Smith, Surgess, Idris, Hayne, RTS, and Slater

WFB in particular is going to look very samey for most teams.

Spme might splash the cash on Tedesco or TTurbo (and Munster if Slater isn't up to it) but otherwise most people will be very similar.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Yeah I'm not sure I like this years pricing because as mentioned everyone will have a lot of the same players. The guns are too expensive so will be ignored & there's only a few mid rangers that are appealing so every team will have them. This will result in all teams having the same group of core players.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Chewie wrote:My latest draft:

Smith, McInnes
    SMat, Idris, Kelly, NPR

I don't plan to make many changes to the bulk of this team, every player I've chosen has the potential to score above their BE, except for Captain Smith
    Now I'll just wait and see if the nines and trials reveal some cheap cashcows... then teamlist will decide my pick of cows and cheapies.

Very similar to mine in set up. If Segy comes I will probably run without Smith so my whole team hinges on him.
    Has anyone thought of running Gutherson in the halves to start with given goal kicking and average at half last year (I know this was without Norman)?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:

WFB in particular is going to look very samey for most teams.

Spme might splash the cash on Tedesco or TTurbo (and Munster if Slater isn't up to it) but otherwise most people will be very similar.

I can see why some might get TTurbo or Tedesco as a POD, but I don't see their average score increase much this season.
    I rather pay for an undervalued player that can make some cash
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Smith, McInnes
    Fifita, Vaughan, AFB, Hoare
    Surgess, McGuire, Hess, Kennedy, Capewell, Stimson
    SJ, Gutherson, Elgey, Hingano
    Idris, Scott, Kelly, Seve
    RTS, Hayne, Slater, Dufty, Jennings

19K left, last reserve probably Kennedy.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Warriors wrote:

Very similar to mine in set up. If Segy comes I will probably run without Smith so my whole team hinges on him.
    Has anyone thought of running Gutherson in the halves to start with given goal kicking and average at half last year (I know this was without Norman)?

I have thought about Gutherson, I was expecting him to average around the 40 points... but if he gets the goal kicking duties that will add another 6 points to that average (about 3 goals a game on average for Flash last season)
    I think he is a value buy
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Warriors wrote:Smith, McInnes
    Surgess, McGuire, Hess, Kennedy, Capewell, Stimson
    SJ, Gutherson, Elgey, Hingano
    Idris, Scott, Kelly, Seve

19K left, last reserve probably Kennedy.

or

Smith, McInnes
    Surgess, McGuire, Hess, Simpkins, Capewell, Stimson
    M Moses, Gutherson, Elgey, Hingano
    Idris, Mata'utia , Kelly, Scott

4th reserve someone.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Chewie wrote:

I have thought about Gutherson, I was expecting him to average around the 40 points... but if he gets the goal kicking duties that will add another 6 points to that average (about 3 goals a game on average for Flash last season)
    I think he is a value buy

I think with Norman back he'll be lucky to average 40, even with the goal kicking.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Chewie wrote:My latest draft:

Smith, McInnes
    SMat, Idris, Kelly, NPR

Similar to my team except I obviously have Kenny Sio in over Slater because not only is he a better fantasy scorer, he's just a genuine superstar of the game unlike little Willy Slater.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:03 pm

filthridden wrote:

Similar to my team except I obviously have Kenny Sio in over Slater because not only is he a better fantasy scorer, he's just a genuine superstar of the game unlike little Willy Slater.

I would like to fit Sio into my team, but I would exceed the amount of Knights players I'm allowed to have in my team...
    and I'm already going out on a limb having Broncos in my draft Dead Horse
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:08 pm

White Lightning wrote:Yeah I'm not sure I like this years pricing because as mentioned everyone will have a lot of the same players. The guns are too expensive so will be ignored & there's only a few mid rangers that are appealing so every team will have them. This will result in all teams having the same group of core players.

Last year was the same with halves instead of WFB, pretty much everyone had Hastings, Taylor - with Walker, Nikorima also very popular. Maybe a couple others

Not much they can do though. Even if they want and bumped up the prices of Hayne/Slater/RTS it would just create a different batch of cheap players that everyone would have.

Its just part of the game. If everyone is allowed to own the same player, don't be surprised if everyone gets the good players for their team.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Warriors wrote:

I've had a few drafts with Gutherson and fullback but it generally comes down to Gutherson and Fifita or McGuire and Tedesco

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 am