NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:

This is one reason why I love draft over overall comps.

In a draft comp if you think McGuire will play lock then you draft him early and gain or lose based on what happens.
    If you pick your players right then you get a real advantage

In an overall comp every one can wait until round 1 and see who the TLT winners are,  then all draft on the same players

Yea I am fond of the draft version, good seeing what value others see in different players as well, I think the value of Cam McInnes will be fun to watch come draft day

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:13 pm

My first draft choice is going to be Tedesco.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

SI wrote:
    There are whispers around that the team planner we ave all been using is slightly overs (eg Cam is 613 not 631).

Is there anything more to this than people getting numbers from the testing site?
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. Are the "new" prices all still in proportion to last year's averages? Can't be arsed checking now but that would be a big clue as to whether they are legit or not
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:

I've literally only done 1 draft, and that was over a week ago.  I actually didn't mind it.  It managed to have Captain Cam but the halves and FRF were a bit of a worry.  Standard Centres and WFB and SRF from memory.  It came in with 430k spare as a first crack.

There are whispers around that the team planner we ave all been using is slightly overs (eg Cam is 613 not 631).

This would be an absolute delight if true, I was a few thousand off creating a team I was enamoured with which run Cam and McInnes and had all the bells and whistles like Cleary, Norman + Ted

Nice to see someone taking a relatively fresh run at a team design and find success, how did you end up finishing the season?

360th. Was inside the top 200 (187) with 5 rounds to go. Finished with 1 trade in the bank Shocked . No Fifita or James or Munster in the run home cost me but was relying on the aforementioned Guns everyone else seemed to have getting ruled out.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    SI wrote:

Is there anything more to this than people getting numbers from the testing site?
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. Are the "new"  prices all still in proportion to last year's averages? Can't be arsed checking now but that would be a big clue as to whether they are legit or not

No idea mate, and the sources I have seen aren't necessarily reliable. Whispers was the least committal adjective I could muster Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:19 pm

SI wrote:

360th.  Was inside the top 200 (187) with 5 rounds to go.  Finished with 1 trade in the bank  Shocked  .  No Fifita or James or Munster in the run home cost me but was relying on the aforementioned Guns everyone else seemed to have getting ruled out.

Great effort! For some reason thought you fell way away at the end, I was happy finishing just inside the top 32 in the SUG by seasons end after a torrid start and mid season.

Talk me through your plan, which you started the season with mate? Would of thought you need a decent start from your mid rangers to be able to implement your plan because if they fail and the upgrades have a few tough weeks early then you are fucked!

Have you got a snapshot of the SUG by any chance mate?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:

360th.  Was inside the top 200 (187) with 5 rounds to go.  Finished with 1 trade in the bank  Shocked  .  No Fifita or James or Munster in the run home cost me but was relying on the aforementioned Guns everyone else seemed to have getting ruled out.

Great effort! For some reason thought you fell way away at the end, I was happy finishing just inside the top 32 in the SUG by seasons end after a torrid start and mid season.

Talk me through your plan, which you started the season with mate? Would of thought you need a decent start from your mid rangers to be able to implement your plan because if they fail and the upgrades have a few tough weeks early then you are fucked!

Have you got a snapshot of the SUG by any chance mate?

Yeah, fell away technically because the 5 or so rounds prior I made massive gains so you probably remember me saying how shit I went in the final month maybe.

I had as bad a start as a lot did; 10000th after a couple of rounds from memory. But slowly pegged it back. Bye trading probably helped a bit more than the 500k in the big scheme of things. I'll have a look back in the next few days but I only ever saw one other bloke (Presto from Legends) that made more ground over the byes.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:19 pm

With the SUG, I don't think any of us got a screenshot Embarassed . I think we all thought we can recall previous years rankings now so didn't worry about it. We still should have just in case

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:35 pm

SI wrote:With the SUG, I don't think any of us got a screenshot Embarassed  .  I think we all thought we can recall previous years rankings now so didn't worry about it.  We still should have just in case

Who needs a screenshot of the SUG when I finished first anyway...Hopefully everyone can sense the sarcasm...
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Welshy wrote:

Had him last year and he was a beast in ultimate! Will be going to the Friz early
    If you are referring to L2 it best be a first rd draft and you best hope to be before me in order... affraid
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Archer wrote:
    If you are referring to L2 it best be a first rd draft and you best hope to be before me in order... affraid

You ain't got the minerals lad

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Welshy wrote:

You ain't got he minerals lad

The mind games have started. Archer will be biding his time waiting for the right moment to select Frizell, meanwhile Welshy will be sweating wondering whether Archer will select Frizell on his next turn, which will eventually lead to Welshy selecting Frizell several rounds too early.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm

SI wrote:

Yeah, fell away technically because the 5 or so rounds prior I made massive gains so you probably remember me saying how shit I went in the final month maybe.

I had as bad a start as a lot did; 10000th after a couple of rounds from memory.  But slowly pegged it back.  Bye trading probably helped a bit more than the 500k in the big scheme of things.  I'll have a look back in the next few days but I only ever saw one other bloke (Presto from Legends) that made more ground over the byes.

This was something i enjoyed - Bye planning was huge last year (hoping its much the same this year btw). I was even further out than 10k (I think i was 25k or something from memory) and I think ended up inside the top 1k largely because of it.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:46 pm

Bren wrote:

The mind games have started. Archer will be biding his time waiting for the right moment to select Frizell, meanwhile Welshy will be sweating wondering whether Archer will select Frizell on his next turn, which will eventually lead to Welshy selecting Frizell several rounds too early.

Impossible. No round is too early for The Friz
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Welshy wrote:

You ain't got the minerals lad
    Oh really?:
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Bren wrote:
    Welshy wrote:

You ain't got he minerals lad

This is always golden. As a fellow Frizzophile I have oft been tempted to grab a hold of him early, but it's always more rewarding to see Welshy go off prematurely...
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:54 pm

SI wrote:

This is always golden.  As a fellow Frizzophile I have oft been tempted to grab a hold of him early, but it's always more rewarding to see Welshy go off prematurely...

I'm done.

Rolling Laugh
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Archer wrote:
    SI wrote:

I had as bad a start as a lot did; 10000th after a couple of rounds from memory.  But slowly pegged it back.  Bye trading probably helped a bit more than the 500k in the big scheme of things.  I'll have a look back in the next few days but I only ever saw one other bloke (Presto from Legends) that made more ground over the byes.

This was something i enjoyed - Bye planning was huge last year (hoping its much the same this year btw). I was even further out than 10k (I think i was 25k or something from memory) and I think ended up inside the top 1k largely because of it.
    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 5 Screen10

I can't find 2016 which makes me think all my screenshots were on my phone that stuffed up in October Crying or Very sad

But that 2015 graph above is similar to my 2016 one.  I ended up 1300 or so in 2015 after getting to 800th around Round 20, after being nearly 16000 odd just before halfway through the season.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 pm

Would anyone like to see a max player per team cap in NRL fantasy? Would stuff you up over byes but a fun idea
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Welshy wrote:Would anyone like to see a max player per team cap in NRL fantasy? Would stuff you up over byes but a fun idea
    My gut instinct is "no, not really", but its not something I've ever given any thought to really. What would be the reason for it? Just for extra challenge during the byes? What sort of limit would you be thinking?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:57 pm