NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Warriors
    Warriors

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Warriors Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    So which of the guns are people definitely avoiding.

Farah and A-Rey seem to be a common no-go zone, and I agree.
    Farah has terrible byes if he plays origin, plus his role at souths is uncertain.
    A-Rey is injury prone and will now be suffering from being halfback to Farah.

I'm also not touching DCE. For the first time in his career he'll be playing along side a halves partner that can also kick a ball. I also distrust Manly's ability to compete this year and am worried about his attacking output.

Also regarding the last line, don't see Blake Green as any different to Foran regarding kicking and surely Manly can't get any worse. I actually think Manly's attack will improve it's just whether they can hold other teams to less than 20 points.
    bluetige
    bluetige

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by bluetige Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Blake Greens presence reduced Cronks scores in the 2 years he was there, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has the same effect on DCE.

Cronk was a gun keeper before Green came along.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think Sione at 2RF has merit. At least at this point there seems to be little going on in 2rf at that price, and plenty of cheaper CTR options.
    But how confident are you on some of those centres. Some are a little expensive to be risked as money makers

Aaron Gray finished the year in good form, but are you willing to bet on him continuing that (which saw him score 4 tries in the last 4 weeks)
    His first 5 games after moving from wing to centre he averaged 30.6, slightly less than his priced average.

Will Chambers was nowhere near his best (fantasy or actual ability wise) after returning from injury. Maybe after a full off-season he may be able to get back on track, but not something I think I'd be comfortable risking.

Is there anything about Michael Jennings that makes you think his scores will improve? I think he is accurately priced. Not going to revisit his glory days again IMO

Dylan Walker is interesting. He is definitely a better fantasy option at centre than at five-eighth. But the Manly team looks to be in a bit of a rebuilding phase at the moment, and I don't trust their attacking output.

Whare and Idris are promising if they can show that they are over their injuries. I'm still annoyed about Whare getting a price bump though, was hoping to get him for minimum based on his 2016 output.

Hurrell almost had me sold until his latest injury. Once he got established at the Titans he was back to his best of averaging mid 40s.

Personally I like Idris and Hurrell. If I had to pick a team today and they were both fit I think they would both be there.

While you can't rely on tries they are a huge part of scoring for an outside back, especially a noted try scorer like Gray who has 16 tries in 33 career games (20 in 34 if you count City Country) so I think they can be included in any estimate of his output at centre instead ignoring the fact he has 4 tries in 8 games at centre. While I don't think he will maintain his 43 average at centre he is certainly in line for a little bump in price from his 31 average.

Chambers will likely not be in my team but if he gets back to pre injury form he could be a POD keeper. The unsettled Melbourne backline (what is happening with Munster, Slater and the 5/8 spot?) has me turned off starting him.

I think Jennings has room for improvement on two fronts. One is Radradra moving on leaving Jenning as the strike weapon in the back line. The second is a full season with Corey Norman (Jennings average with Norman is a little over his priced average at 33.3). Combine these factors with Jennings likely exclusion from the Origin team with the return of Hayne and he is definitely under consideration.

As you said Walker is a way better option at centre than 5/8. Even in a rebuilding Manly team he should still improve on last years average.

The prospect of Hurrell playing outside a fit Hayne had me very excited until his recent injury. I have a hard and fast rule about avoiding players with pre-season injuries.

If the season started tomorrow I would have Whare and Idris as my starting centres
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:55 pm

i will almost certainly start with idris as one of my centres.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Where is Radradra off to?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Okay boys own up - who's starting with Aubusson.

My dearest centre is Idris with 3 cheapies who I'll rotate. I have Sione in the 2fr & when the ctr cows mature I'll move Sione to the ctrs & get a 2fr. Whare @ 205k phucked me off as I thought he'd be cheaper. In sc he's cheap so why is he not cheap in fantasy lol. Every year I just pick players I like but this year I'm playing the fixtures so I'll be loading my team with players whose clubs have a favourable early draw.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:13 pm

No reason for Arey to lose anymore kick metres to Farah then he has to say Sutton or Keary , he is the number one kicker so status quo will remain the same, if anything Farah will aid Reynos developement and I see his scores rising.

Last edited by Aardvark Ratnick on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Who thinks Finucane could plays 80 mins in 2017. Whoever slots into Proctor's position like K-Brom, Stimson, F. Kaufusi probably won't have the motor to play 80 minutes. Finucane averaged roughly 60 mins in 2016 but does anyone know if there any games he actually played 80 mins.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:24 pm

White Lightning wrote:Who thinks Finucane could plays 80 mins in 2017. Whoever slots into Proctor's position like K-Brom, Stimson, F. Kaufusi probably won't have the motor to play 80 minutes. Finucane averaged roughly 60 mins in 2016 but does anyone know if there any games he actually played 80 mins.

i picked finucane to start the year two seasons ago because i thought his mins were going to boost.

in four games 70+ mins last year he scored 55, 57, 56, 38. for the year he averaged 61 minutes though at 47 avg, so unless he plays 80 every week there probably isnt a huge rise in him.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:39 pm

White Lightning wrote:Okay boys own up - who's starting with Aubusson.

My dearest centre is Idris with 3 cheapies who I'll rotate. I have Sione in the 2fr & when the ctr cows mature I'll move Sione to the ctrs & get a 2fr. Whare @ 205k phucked me off as I thought he'd be cheaper. In sc he's cheap so why is he not cheap in fantasy lol. Every year I just pick players I like but this year I'm playing the fixtures so I'll be loading my team with players whose clubs have a favourable early draw.

If SST is out for a while I will probably have Maubbs again Love
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:40 pm

White Lightning wrote:Who thinks Finucane could plays 80 mins in 2017. Whoever slots into Proctor's position like K-Brom, Stimson, F. Kaufusi probably won't have the motor to play 80 minutes. Finucane averaged roughly 60 mins in 2016 but does anyone know if there any games he actually played 80 mins.
    Proctor's replacement likely won't play 80 minutes since Proctor himself didn't play 80
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Started with Lord Dale that year as well MS. Very disappointing but was almost decent last year.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:44 pm

either way. i don't see his mins going up. CS9 means four forwards on the storm bench
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:, if anything Farah will aid Reynos developement and I see his scores rising.

You do know why Farah was kicked out of the Tigers don't you? It wasn't because he was letting Brooks and Moses do too much of the work.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:20 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/knights/nrl-2017-newcastle-knights-recruit-rory-kostjasyn-in-doubt-for-round-1-after-bizarre-training-injury/news-story/a060e289e0a11f5e2b44aef5ecb05182

I know no one has him but just in case.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:28 pm

How accurate is the mole. Apparently on his twitter account he reckons Hastings will start at hooker at Manly & kick goals. Koroisau off bench.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:32 pm

White Lightning wrote:How accurate is the mole. Apparently on his twitter account he reckons Hastings will start at hooker at Manly & kick goals. Koroisau off bench.

Mole is hit and miss.

But in this case it doesn't matter too much because we'll all know before round 1 lockout whether it will happen or not.

Would make both Hastings and Koroisau both no-go zone though.

If Hastings does play though, I would expect him to be kicker - he is better than all their other options. Apparently Matt Wright is the leading contender if Hastings doesn't play.
    Floor Pie
    Floor Pie

Post by Floor Pie Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:33 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Really struggling with the 2nd and 3rd half slots outside of 1 gun and Elgey so thought we could get some discussion going.

Sharks- Townsend and Maloney
    Broncos- Hunt and Milford
    Bulldogs- Mbye and Reynolds
    Storm- Cronk and ?
    Rabbitohs- Reynolds and Walker
    Tigers- Brooks and Moses
    Dragons- Widdop and ?
    Panthers- Cleary and TMM
    Cowboys- Thurston and Morgan
    Raiders- Sezer and Austin
    Titans- Taylor and ?
    Roosters- Pearce and Keary
    Warriors- Johnson and Lolohea
    Knights- Hodkinson and Mullen
    Eagles- DCE and Green
    Eels- Norman and Gutherson

Aside from Storm, Titans and Dragons there is very few choices for under valued halves. Outside of the genuine guns the best choices might be a fallen former gun (Mullen, Maloney, Hodkinson, Sezer) a mid ranger stepping into a potential starting spot (McCrone, Croft, Elgey) or someone taking on more responsibility (Koroisau, Moses). Other options include basement priced players one injury away from a starting spot (Pearsall, Nu Brown, Hampton)

With the lack of true half options the best bet might be 2 guns, 1 game on a fallen gun or mid ranger and Elgey for those 4 half spots.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Elgey & Taylor at the Titans with Roberts coming off the bench. I think Taylor is a decent buy, as I think he'll be the dominant kicker. I'm not hugely keen on Elgey, I think it might take a while for him to have his decent game and make money, I think he could be a slow burn up to $260K odd?

I read that Barrett is talking about starting Hastings at 9, and bringing Koro off the bench which makes them all a no go (maybe including DCE given he also has the Green factor against him).

I hate going any more than 2 guns in the halves, there's always cows that come along in this position, and I hate trading out guns for cows. I'm holding out hope that two out of the Storm, Warriors, Dragons might start rookies.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You do know why Farah was kicked out of the Tigers don't you? It wasn't because he was letting Brooks and Moses do too much of the work.

Reyno is better tactical kicker than those pair Milchy, Issac Luke did a fair amount of kicking when he was at the Bunnies as has Sutton I just dont see why things will change him scoring any differently, he his a good defender and other then head butting Graham,s boot and then having a broken Jaw and coming back too soon gives people the idea he is an injury risk makes him a no go suits, it will be interesting to see how Farah fits in but I am tipping him to play 80mins if his arm holds up.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:10 pm

White Lightning wrote:How accurate is the mole. Apparently on his twitter account he reckons Hastings will start at hooker at Manly & kick goals. Koroisau off bench.

Thats pretty weird if true why lose Parcell and replace him with Hastings other than his old man and Bozo are mates from their Easts days?

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:18 pm