NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Page looks slow, may as well post my draft. I am gravely worried I have too many mid-rangers in my forwards. Most rookies interchangable depending on TLT

HOK: Smith C, (Hodgson)
    FRF: JWH, Gurgess, (Ofahengaue, Tetavano)
    2RF: Surgess, Bolton, Kromwich, (S.Mata'utia, Arrow, Elliot)
    HLF: Norman, Moses (Hampton, Croker)
    CTR: T.Trbo, Idris, (Olive, Jennings)
    WFB: Holmes, RTS, Hayne (Physthian, Abbey)
    Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:20 pm

I think Trent Hodkinson is priced in an area where he will need some serious consideration
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Page looks slow, may as well post my draft. I am gravely worried I have too many mid-rangers in my forwards. Most rookies interchangable depending on TLT

I like that more than most teams I've seen posted.

Only looks like you've got 16 players you'd want in you 17, but still early days in terms of viable cheapies. At least you have some sort of strength in every position and your 2nd row isn't complete mud.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Page looks slow, may as well post my draft. I am gravely worried I have too many mid-rangers in my forwards. Most rookies interchangable depending on TLT

love the hooking combo
    I like JWH he certainly has big room for improvement on his 2016 avg, year prior was 10 points better, Gurgess will be in a lot of teams for same reason above, 18 points below 2015 avg for an injury affected season
    Surgess is great option, not sold on Bolton but Kbrom could be the good, same as Sione! lots of talk on Arrow and the muddled donkeys backrow rotation
    Ive had Norman locked in all season and can't see him moving, he was immense before his suspension, lots of good stats to back Moses with no Farah, don't like Hampton on bench utilities in general for fantasy
    good back 5, probably better options than Abbey for a rookie priced NPR but early days yet
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I like that more than most teams I've seen posted.

Only looks like you've got 16 players you'd want in you 17, but still early days in terms of viable cheapies. At least you have some sort of strength in every position and your 2nd row isn't complete mud.

Yeah the real drawback of this team is that I am relying on both Ofahengaue and Arrow to become reasonable scorers. A hard ask, especially when in the same team. I was thinking of upgrading Ofahengaue to Prior and downgrading Moses to Hodkinson, but the Moses gamble is one of my favorite picks so still look for the cash elsewhere

Welshy wrote:

love the hooking combo
    I like JWH he certainly has big room for improvement on his 2016 avg, year prior was 10 points better, Gurgess will be in a lot of teams for same reason above, 18 points below 2015 avg for an injury affected season
    Surgess is great option, not sold on Bolton but Kbrom could be the good, same as Sione! lots of talk on Arrow and the muddled donkeys backrow rotation
    Ive had Norman locked in all season and can't see him moving, he was immense before his suspension, lots of good stats to back Moses with no Farah, don't like Hampton on bench utilities in general for fantasy
    good back 5, probably better options than Abbey for a rookie priced NPR but early days yet

Would only really run Bolton if he took starting prop position, but mainly because he went to school with my Mrs. Probably because this is my closest "six degrees of seperation" to an NRL player (pathetic, i am aware) I have always quietly supported him over the years. So if Bolton wears 10, he's in my team for sure. Yeah not sold on Hampton either. Would like to get Elgey has my cow instead, but would need to downgrade somebody (and I am reasonably happy with most positions). Yeah Abbey is probably unlikely to be in my final team haha.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:59 pm

oh and thanks for the input guys, much appreciated Very Happy
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Welshy wrote:I think Trent Hodkinson is priced in an area where he will need some serious consideration

Yeah I agree with this. Priced at 30 points. Surely he can manage that if he is paired with a relative rookie (Lamb). Should be getting most of the kick metres at least, surely. Sometimes halves can be guns on that alone (Mullen use to be a 50 point player simply from km, Sezer too (though with some goal kicking). Hodkinson to kick goals for knights also?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:14 pm

that said, where is our list of kickers? Maybe it has already been posted and I missed it. Some I am really not sure on, much-needed corrections are welcome

Broncos- Kahu/Milford
    Raiders- Sezer
    Bulldogs- Mbye/Holland
    Roosters- Gordon
    Rabbitohs- Reynolds
    Dragons- Widdop
    Knights- Hodkinson
    Coyboys- Thurston
    Titans- Roberts/Taylor
    Sharks- Maloney
    Storm- Smith
    Tigers- Moses
    Warriors- Johnson
    Panters- Moylan
    Sea Eagles- Walker?
    Eels- Gutherson?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah I agree with this. Priced at 30 points. Surely he can manage that if he is paired with a relative rookie (Lamb). Should be getting most of the kick metres at least, surely. Sometimes halves can be guns on that alone (Mullen use to be a 50 point player simply from km, Sezer too (though with some goal kicking). Hodkinson to kick goals for knights also?

Not a knights supporter but think Brock Lamb is more likely to affect Hodgkinson KM than Mullen would, Hodgo and Mullen pretty much share the duties but sure Lamb took the bulk in their few matches together mate

Definate room for a scores uptick, not generally hard for a half to get to the 40s from KM and tackles, throw in GK duties I think he is a solid bet to return to a realistic fantasy option
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:26 pm

How is Hodkinson going to score any points when he's standing behind his goal line all day?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Very similar to my most recent draft

Hok: Smith, Lichaa
    Frf: Fifita, Gurgess, Ofa, Kaufusi
    2rf: Surgess, KBrom, Sione, Arrow, Capewell, Stimson
    Hlf: Norman, Moses, Hodkinson, Elgey
    Ctr: Idris, Whare, Scott, Kelly
    Wfb: Slater, RTs, Hayne, Phythian, Jennings
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:30 pm

White Lightning wrote:How is Hodkinson going to score any points when he's standing behind his goal line all day?

If he was, would mean more tackling duty, and more KM , I'd take that....
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Welshy wrote:

If he was, would mean more tackling duty, and more KM , I'd take that....

you forgot the missed tackles Welshy. Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 pm

White Lightning wrote:

you forgot the missed tackles Welshy. Very Happy

I was cherry picking Laughing
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Interesting, I was just playing around with my team today, seeing how it would look without a gun in the FRF. Given the discussions have recently focused on the number of possible midrange FRF such as Vaughan, Prior, JWH, Daifiti, Gurgess, Wallace, Ofenguaueu, but not as many midrangers in the 2FR, thoughts on running without a gun in FRF? For example if I go:

Gurgess, Wallace, Offa (if starting), Hoare (if in 17)

I can get:

Surgess McGuire ETaylor Butcher and a couple of cheapies
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:44 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Very similar to my most recent draft

Hok: Smith, Lichaa
    Frf: Fifita, Gurgess, Ofa, Kaufusi
    2rf: Surgess, KBrom, Sione, Arrow, Capewell, Stimson
    Hlf: Norman, Moses, Hodkinson, Elgey
    Ctr: Idris, Whare, Scott, Kelly
    Wfb: Slater, RTs, Hayne, Phythian, Jennings

Nice team MS. Keep an eye re Lichaa. I was reading on some forum that the Bulldogs have been shopping Lichaa around but there have been no takers so far. They reckon he doesn't lead the team around. Garvey or Woolford could be on the bench in round 1 as they start to phase him out. The only other doubt is Slater but you'll know his situation come round 1. Last year I started with Slater & he got injured in round 1. I think he's too injury prone but I could be wrong. Also will the Knights get enough dominant possession for Hodkinson to score attacking points.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

So I haven't tried making a team yet. The teams I have seen around the traps suggest this is by far the hardest year in the FanHub era to make one? That is awesome, will make it a bit less formulaic and predictable but might mean a bit of luck picking the right mid rangers?

Backlines will potentially be similar but FRF and SRF could be very different between teams.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:48 pm

probably a bit back heavy and $24,000 over budget but I'm pretty happy with this

Smith, McCullough
    JWH, Gurgess, Hoare, Ese'Ese
    Surgess, Taylor, SioneMat, Hess, Elliott, Capewell
    Norman, Hodgkinson, Elgey, Spud
    Croker, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Jennings, Phythian

plenty of option in the CTRs to dump Croker to someone like Chambers and use the cash up top

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 pm

flasSId* wrote:So I haven't tried making a team yet.  The teams I have seen around the traps suggest this is by far the hardest year in the FanHub era to make one?  That is awesome, will make it a bit less formulaic and predictable but might mean a bit of luck picking the right mid rangers?

Backlines will potentially be similar but FRF and SRF could be very different between teams.

I have a challenge for ye. Only allowed to select a squad of players with the letters S and I in their name. Least you can still select Cam Smith.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Welshy wrote:probably a bit back heavy and $24,000 over budget but I'm pretty happy with this

Smith, McCullough
    JWH, Gurgess, Hoare, Ese'Ese
    Surgess, Taylor, SioneMat, Hess, Elliott, Capewell
    Norman, Hodgkinson, Elgey, Spud
    Croker, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Jennings, Phythian

plenty of option in the CTRs to dump Croker to someone like Chambers and use the cash up top

Hook: Nothing to see here, move along
    FRF: I like the undervalued picks, both had frustrating 2016's but solid scorers before that
    2RF: Just not convinced of Hess's minutes, perhaps will get more gametime but too awkwardly priced for someone I am not convinced will get the upgrade. I worry that ET could spend time at hooker with their new options while JT figures it all out. He scored poorly there and Doubt he will see much price rises if he does
    HLF: I like the Hodkinson pick, definitely could be a big improver, and you have Elgey as pseudo-backup in case he is not
    CTR: Solid
    WFB: Am I crazy to think Tedesco will be a POD with so many well priced WFB? You might have a huge edge with this pick if he busts out a classic Teddy 100 in round 1 with low ownership. As a Souths' fan, let me assure you- the Tiges love to turn up for the bunnies. It could happen.

I like your team overall, just wondering who your reserves are?

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am