NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by White Lightning Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 am

The Segeyaro latest. I was reading a Sharks forum yesterday & at this stage his move to the Sharks may not happen. His move depends on what happens with Beale. Apparently Beale has re-enrolled his kids in school in the local area & isn't keen on going to Manly.
    Also a bit of Manly gossip which could be true or false. Apparently massive behind the scene stuff going on with Fulton trying to move Barrett on as they don't get on & don't see eye to eye. This is what is holding up Manly going for Beale.
    Also on Brailey & the Sharks hooker role. I was reading some supercoach forum & some dude on there who apparently is in the know reckons Brailey will be starting hooker in 2017. Again believe it or not.
    Warriors
    Warriors

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Warriors Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:58 am

White Lightning wrote:

My theory on picking Cody Walker is this. Glass jaw A-Rey will get injured in round 1 or 2 allowing Cody Walker to assume the dominant half position & he'll belt out 50's & 60's. Also Souths are the only team to play rounds 12, 15, 18 & 19 (the 4 big bye rounds) which means they are the best team for byes.

Fair enough, but I will pick him up for somewhere around $400K hopefully just before the byes.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:00 pm

White Lightning wrote:The Segeyaro latest. I was reading a Sharks forum yesterday & at this stage his move to the Sharks may not happen. His move depends on what happens with Beale. Apparently Beale has re-enrolled his kids in school in the local area & isn't keen on going to Manly.
    Also a bit of Manly gossip which could be true or false. Apparently massive behind the scene stuff going on with Fulton trying to move Barrett on as they don't get on & don't see eye to eye. This is what is holding up Manly going for Beale.
    Also on Brailey & the Sharks hooker role. I was reading some supercoach forum & some dude on there who apparently is in the know reckons Brailey will be starting hooker in 2017. Again believe it or not.

If I was Beale I wouldn't want to go either, he will be starting for the Sharks with Barba gone and they will play finals footy you would assume.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 pm

Warriors wrote:

Whare/Slater/Ballin/Shaun Lane etc if these guys were all base price like we expected they would be in my team providing there were no injury concerns come round 1.
    I would rather spend the $60K somewhere else and get Robert Jennings at 138K even though he may not be named round 1 he should get game time at some stage

Robert Jennings is a good chance of starting for Souths in round 1 is what I'm hearing on supercoach forums. There will be plenty of cash cows in the centres this year so I'm going very cheap there. C. Scott is loved by Bellamy & good chance of starting. The same with R. Jennings & B. Kelly at the Souths & Manly. Even a guy like Cotric at the Raiders is probably 1 backline injury away from starting so hopefully E. Lee falls off a cliff in preseason. Even Drew at the Sharks could start if Holmes moves to f/b however J. Bird also wants to play f/b so I don't know where that leaves Drew. Both Bird & Holmes have been training at f/b in pre season.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:36 pm

White Lightning wrote:The Segeyaro latest. I was reading a Sharks forum yesterday & at this stage his move to the Sharks may not happen. His move depends on what happens with Beale. Apparently Beale has re-enrolled his kids in school in the local area & isn't keen on going to Manly.

The transfer fee Leeds is asking for Sege posses salary cap issues for most NRL clubs... I don't see him being able to make the move
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:15 pm

What I learnt from last year is... fuck all.

I'm going to go forward heavy this year and spend the big dollars there and go lighter in the backs. Hope that I pick up enough decent cash cows or decent scorers there and hope for the best.

Josh Hodgson not a player of interest for people? Over Smith?

(I haven't looked at any prices and won't until the actual comp starts so I have nice pretty colours to look at)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:59 pm

More random stats because I'm bored

Forwards who were never subbed in 2016
    guess before you click:

Forwards who were only subbed off once in 2016
    guess before you click:

Forwards who were only subbed twice in 2016
    guess before you click:

Forwards who were only subbed three times
    guess before you click:

No idea if the subs were for form, injury, concussion check, give them a rest at the end of a game or even if they just got sinbinned

May have missed a couple, did a lot of checking manually because golden point games* meant I couldn't just check for minutes played being other than 80.

*Also if a player played 80 minutes or more in a GP game, but got subbed, I won't have picked that up.

Guys who were subbed 4 times includes Cam Smith, Wade Graham, Gavin Cooper, Zeb Taia, maybe others but I gave up about this point.
    Discounted guys like Bryce Cartwright and Sione Mata'utia who weren't subbed much for playing too many games in thebacks.

Also Clinton Gutherson gets a prize for being the only player to play 80 minutes every week last year. Several players played more total minutes due to golden point games, Gutherson is the only one who played exactly 80 minutes 24 times.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Happy New Years everyone.
    Some good discussion already! If you want to play around picking a team and cant be bothered with spreadsheets ive created a very basic web page that allows you to pick a team and it will tell you how much salary cap you have left. Ive done very little testing as i didnt want to spend too much time on it.
    The webpage is http://www.azwebsolutions.co.nz/teampicker.php
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Forwards who were only subbed three times
    Isaah Yeo
    Bodene Thompson
    Manu Ma'u
    Joel Thompson
    Ethan Lowe (interestingly they were the last 3 games of the year, he'd played every minute until that point)

Isaah Yeo is priced at $386k for an avg of about 40pnts, even so the second half of the season he scored an avg of about 48pnts per game (bar round 26 where he score 18pnts)... a bit of value to be gained there

EDIT: I just realised that Cartwright's return to the 2nd row is likely to affect Yeo's mins

Last edited by Chewie on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Happy New Years everyone.
    Some good discussion already! If you want to play around picking a team and cant be bothered with spreadsheets ive created a very basic web page that allows you to pick a team and it will tell you how much salary cap you have left. Ive done very little testing as i didnt want to spend too much time on it.

You too mate & thanks.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Nice work!

And Happy New Year! cheer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:43 pm

That's awesome cheers!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:37 pm

will Johnson get his goalkicking duties back this year?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:55 pm

nice work on the webpage pretty handy. Think ill wait till it all opens before putting together a full team.

Im most likely running with the same starting hooking combo as last year. Hodgson and Peats
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Shanbon wrote:nice work on the webpage pretty handy. Think ill wait till it all opens before putting together a full team.

Im most likely running with the same starting hooking combo as last year. Hodgson and Peats

I've already put a few full team together Embarassed
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Awesome work Badger!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Chewie wrote: I've already put a few full team together Embarassed

Oh thank god, someone else as nuts as I! I doubt a great deal will change from my lists until TLT, but what is ridiculous is how much I still fuck with it,spending ages to recalculate everything. I'm just hoping for the program to open so I can do it the easy way @_@
    Let the obsession begin!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Chewie wrote:
    Shanbon wrote:nice work on the webpage pretty handy. Think ill wait till it all opens before putting together a full team.

I've already put a few full team together Embarassed

At your behest, I changed my avatar from me on a train to you on a train.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    Chewie wrote: I've already put a few full team together Embarassed

Oh thank god, someone else as nuts as I! I doubt a great deal will change from my lists until TLT, but what is ridiculous is how much I still fuck with it,spending ages to recalculate everything. I'm just hoping for the program to open so I can do it the easy way @_@
    Let the obsession begin!

Pookus! Generally last week of January allthough Nigel McFail on Renegades had me salivating yesterday. He posted a hoax "It's Open" and I knew had to be bullshit but my Internet was absolutely fucked so there was about a minute of it opening where I was hoping against hope that it was legit.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 pm

mulvy wrote:
    flasSId* wrote:Starting to get a little excited Very Happy

The goal at this stage will be to bank around $500,000 straight up again.  Very happy with how it worked last year.

Hey Sid I thought that was someone else. Care to elaborate on this strategy and how it went? In your opinion what are the pros and cons?

That was me mate, off season name change and avatar but going back to SI soon. There was a succession of name changes during the wildest hours of my Mad Monday rampage, and Bren came up with flasSId* cos at the time I was too drunk to fuck Very Happy

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:07 am