NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Spectre
    Spectre

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 36 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by Spectre Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:55 pm

SI wrote:

Hi mate.  Yep, there will be Leagues, and we will be playing Fantasy and VSDT again.  

Bought a fucking laptop yet Very Happy  ?

Haha nope! iPhone 6 is enough for me

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 36 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:55 pm

SI wrote:

Hi mate.  Yep, there will be Leagues, and we will be playing Fantasy and VSDT again.  

If he hasnt Ill start up a crowdfunding page.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:56 pm

jstands wrote:

Haha nope! iPhone 6 is enough for me
    No
    No No No No No
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Bren wrote:
    SI wrote:

In.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Bren wrote:
    Do it.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 pm

When I win the fantasy game I'll buy 5 laptops
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:18 pm

jstands wrote:When I win the fantasy game I'll buy 5 laptops

Would thoroughly enjoy having you ask what your rank is after Round 26 next year if it is 1.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:13 pm

I assume we'll be playing all the major comps, but that Official will get the most attention.

I'm thinking of giving Supercoach a bit more attention next year. Will see how things go
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:15 pm

Does anyone know if there is a site anywhere that lists his many interchanges each game?

In particular I am after free interchanges for concussion tests and foul play.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:16 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is a site anywhere that lists his many interchanges each game?

In particular I am after free interchanges for concussion tests and foul play.
    Was it you saying you don't think the reduction will have much impact?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:29 am

Rumour doing the rounds Roosters have signed Brenton Lawrence
    Issac Liu likely to miss out IMO

8.JWH
    9.Friend
    10.Napa
    11.Cordner
    12.Guerra
    13.Taukeiaho
    14.Aubbo
    15.Moa
    16.Evans
    17.Lawrence/Liu
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:06 am

Krump wrote:
    Was it you saying you don't think the reduction will have much impact?

Yes, that was me. But I'm trying to work out just how prevalent free subs are in order to get a better idea of what to expect

I think the biggest beneficiaries will be starting props, who will be asked to play longer minutes before getting a rest (unless a bonus interchange comes along in the first 20 minutes.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:58 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Rumour doing the rounds Roosters have signed Brenton Lawrence
    Issac Liu likely to miss out IMO

8.JWH
    9.Friend
    10.Napa
    11.Cordner
    12.Guerra
    13.Taukeiaho
    14.Aubbo
    15.Moa
    16.Evans
    17.Lawrence/Liu

If true it is a solid signing, although I would understand Manly letting him go. He signed in 2014 after a solid season and was there best Prop at the time. Who will be returning from what was a season ending Back Injury early last year and will be turning 30.

Also, you know there whole salary cap issues and signing Dylan Walker.

Anyone want to speculate on McQueen's performance at the Titans. Surely he can improve on this years abysmal PPM of 0.5.

Also Lafai expected to be around $250k at the Dragons, should be a solid pick up.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:41 am

Milchcow wrote:

Yes, that was me. But I'm trying to work out just how prevalent free subs are in order to get a better idea of what to expect

I think the biggest beneficiaries will be starting props, who will be asked to play longer minutes before getting a rest (unless a bonus interchange comes along in the first 20 minutes.

I'll take the conversation down the rabbit hole.

So fair to assume starting prop is asked to play extra minutes. Hodges isn't playing anymore so Reynolds or Matai head highes a back rower at the 10-15 minute mark. The free sub is used to replace the backrower. But then that frees up the back rowers sub to be used at a different/earlier time causing a reshuffle of the front row subs therefor reducing the minutes they receive. How is it even possible to calculate that? Jason Taylor can't even work out when to positionally swap a backrower with a centre when they are both on the field. This would take some on the fly algebraic math that would be well out of the comprehension of most NRL coaches. Unless it was the NFL where they probably have a mathematic professor with some exuberant title on the coaching staff, I would suggest most NRL coaches would wing it and that you are over analysing it.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Your Name wrote:

I'll take the conversation down the rabbit hole.

So fair to assume starting prop is asked to play extra minutes. Hodges isn't playing anymore so Reynolds or Matai head highes a back rower at the 10-15 minute mark. The free sub is used to replace the backrower. But then that frees up the back rowers sub to be used at a different/earlier time causing a reshuffle of the front row subs therefor reducing the minutes they receive. How is it even possible to calculate that?  Jason Taylor can't even work out when to positionally swap a backrower with a centre when they are both on the field. This would take some on the fly algebraic math that would be well out of the comprehension of most NRL coaches. Unless it was the NFL where they probably have a mathematic professor with some exuberant title on the coaching staff, I would suggest most NRL coaches would wing it and that you are over analysing it.

These are my thoughts on it.

You can't prepare a game plan around getting free concussion subs, but you can certainly do your best to be in a position to take advantage of them if they come around.

Obviously if its a halfback or winger getting a concussion test chucking an extra prop on the field for 10 minutes will have limited value, but any opportunity to give a 10 minute spell t a bench middle forward without using an interchange will be utilised by every coach if they get the chance.

I think one thing coaches may try and do is get people off for a concussion test that they know they will pass. Back in the 90s you could get a free interchange for a bloodbin change. Mark Carroll had a cut above one of his eyes that never seemed to heal and would open up a lot during games, giving Manly a free sub a lot of the time. They got rid of that rule as its clearly not conducive to player welfare, but the new concussion rule may swing the other way. How can the NRL take welfare seriously if they won't let players get subbed off for a medical test.

We'll have to wait a while to see how everything plays out, and no doubt each coach will come up with his own game plan.

But one other thing to keep in mind is that the total minutes of game time available isn't changing - if someone gets more minutes that means someone else on the team is getting less. Teams aren't suddenly going to get an extra 2-3 80 minute players every week and keep an unused bench because they've got a few less subs.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm guessing that the first few rounds it will be the props who can play big minutes that will prosper until coaches can work out how to best adjust. Starting with someone like Graham/Woods/Bromwich will definitely be in my starting side
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Eels have the best byes from memory?  Has to be a decent prospect in that pack somewhere?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:56 pm

SI wrote:Eels have the best byes from memory?  Has to be a decent prospect in that pack somewhere?

If you can stick with him, Mannah may be worthwhile. Usually good for 40s and with good byes he could be a nice POD until after Origin
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Milchcow wrote:

These are my thoughts on it.

I think one thing coaches may try and do is get people off for a concussion test that they know they will pass. Back in the 90s you could get a free interchange for a bloodbin change. Mark Carroll had a cut above one of his eyes that never seemed to heal and would open up a lot during games, giving Manly a free sub a lot of the time.

I remember footage of trainer s pushing pulling and squeezing at cuts to make them bleed. There was even rumours at the time of the odd blade being used WWE style.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:25 pm

I reckon Tolman will play big minutes re the new changes & he could even move to lock during the game as he has such a big motor. Imo JBrom, Woods & Tolman are the 3 props who will benefit the most & play big minutes. I see Woods ended up at 308k at the end of last season so he'll be pretty cheap this year & you could go with him & 2 more expensive gun props.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:57 pm