NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Pieman
    Pieman

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am

surmo13 wrote:

didn't read past there, because that was all i needed to hear to know that, once again, i'm done trying to discuss with you.

Safety is fucking paramount in all parts of life, a head clash is an unfornate accident that's part of the game, further endangering an unconscious player for the sake of a game of footy is the definition of negligence and you are FUCKING DISGUSTING for trying to justify it.

congrats though, in a forum with a history of posters trying to out-insult each other, you managed to write one of the most offensive things i've ever seen on sportal/nrlff by doing something completely different.

"oh sorry medical staff, this man could possibly be dying, but we refs need to be commited to seeing if a football team scores some points in a game before we can ensure you the best possible chance to treat him, if other players get in your way chasing after a football, or 150+kg lands on top of him because it was a try-saving tackle at any point while your trying to do your job *shrugs* them's the breaks"

un-fucking-beleivable, delete your account.
    I got a solid LOL out of this post. Well done, thanks. What an utterly ridiculous, over reactive and petulant post.
    Ill put my points in dot form for you Surmbro, so you can understanding them. Wipe your tears away before reading tho mate.

* Stop it at the next play, he was not in further immediate danger. (We seem to disagree here, and that is ok. Its called having an opinion. THe diff is mine is logical and correct and yours isnt Very Happy ). That is the argument here, stop it at an appropriate time when the play ends. There was no need to stop it mid play.
    * Refs shouldnt have the discretion to stop a game because they think one hit is worse than another. Just because someone is unconscious it doesnt mean its a worse situation. (We seem to disagree here too, and that is ok).
    * Make a consistent rule that the game stop immediately whenever someone cops a head knock regardless of if they have the ball or not.
    * Stopping the play immediately like that didnt allow the trainer to get there any faster.
    * Ive never seen anyone land on an unconscious player ever, and play rarely stops instantly. Ive seen lots of guys cop head knocks and then go on and get back in the line and try and make another tackle though - or attempt to anyway while play is going. Most of the time the trainer makes it to the player and gets them off the field without stopping the game immediately if at all.

Now, a player getting KO or copping a heavy head knock its a pretty regular occurrence in the NRL. As I said, unfortunate but part of the game. It happens just about every weekend, if not every game every weekend.

How come I have never heard you crying out for immediate stoppages to games before? How come now, you are such an advocate for stopping the game immediately when someone is KO? This seems to be such a sensitive topic for you so after this massive cry and dummy spit from you I expect you to absofuckinglutley blow your lid next time someone gets KO and the game doesnt immediately stop. Oh wait, Bronco's player. My bad.

Did you scream and cry for an immediate stop to the game when Thiaday got KO and he was on his back in a worse physical position than oates?
    The fact you ignored that situation illustrates how flawed your argument is perfectly.
    Pieman
    Pieman

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:49 am

No Worries wrote:

When I see your name I always think of Des Hasler too. It was only a couple of weeks ago I actually realised it's nothing like DesHaslerHero

Haha Yeah I always thought it was a play on Des Hasler because I never sat and read the username properly.
    In this situation thought I meant to write Dassy but wrote Dessy.

Last edited by Pieman on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 am

ryno_ wrote:

You shouldnt be surprised about his poor form - this is the guy who defends Fergo aswell.

How come you stopped down voting all my posts mate? I miss it
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 am

Pieman wrote:

How come you stopped down voting all my posts mate? I miss it

lolno. Although it is a testament to your posting that the list of suspects is so long.

I mean, if you're looking for down-vote worthy posts, you dont have to look far.

Pieman wrote:Should he be in jail for grabbing a chick on the vag? Prob not.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:07 am

Is Pieman Donald Trump ?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:44 am

No Worries wrote:Is Pieman Donald Trump ?
    Tin foil hat
    Flaky exterior
    Full of shit
    Guaranteed to cause cancer

It all adds up.

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 45 CVupnyHWcAEawis
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 pm

Cant we just ban pieman from this thread.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:44 pm

This is a really really good, great, unbelievably great thread. This is the greatest thread.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Play should have been called off, absolutely. Player safety is important and overrides everything else.

That's why every head knock that leaves anyone on the floor should stop the game straight away.

At the end of the day it's just a game, at no stage should it be play on. If Oates had brain bleeding or swelling of the brain then every second counts. I'd rather my team lose a Grand Final to attend to a sicken head clash than watch a player die, which I'm assuming so would 99% of fans.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:51 pm

ryno_ wrote:

lolno. Although it is a testament to your posting that the list of suspects is so long.

I mean, if you're looking for down-vote worthy posts, you dont have to look far.

Lolz Ryno. Not even going to dignify that poor attempt at trolling with an argument, keep splicing posts though to get them to say what you want. Considering you have never won a debate you might as well try and use my words just so you get something right.

Just get back to downvoting posts mate, you are pretty good at that.

Got to love it tho. You disagree with some bronco fan's opinion's (with some good reasoning too) and all of a sudden they want you banned and deleted.

Coffee
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Pieman wrote:

Lolz Ryno. Not even going to dignify that poor attempt at trolling with an argument, keep splicing posts though to get them to say what you want. Considering you have never won a debate you might as well try and use my words just so you get something right.

Just get back to downvoting posts mate, you are pretty good at that.

Got to love it tho. You disagree with some bronco fan's opinion's (with some good reasoning too) and all of a sudden they want you banned and deleted.

Nothing was "spliced" together at all. It is your words, verbatim. It was from that time you said he shouldn't be in jail but wanted him kicked out of the side for having a beer in his own time. Its funny where people draw the line, isn't it?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Honeysett wrote:Play should have been called off, absolutely. Player safety is important and overrides everything else.

That's why every head knock that leaves anyone on the floor should stop the game straight away.

At the end of the day it's just a game, at no stage should it be play on. If Oates had brain bleeding or swelling of the brain then every second counts. I'd rather my team lose a Grand Final to attend to a sicken head clash than watch a player die, which I'm assuming so would 99% of fans.

This is part of my point exactly. It doesnt happen. Its up to the ref.

Make the rule, if someone gets a head knock (and not just stays down because we have no idea how severe any are) stop the game immediately. Dont leave it up to the ref to decided when to stop the game.

My opinion is that Oates was not in any further danger, so the play shouldnt have been stopped immediately. I dont think stopping the game when it did had any influence on how fast a trainer could have got there. If someone disagrees with that, thats fine, Kudos for having an opinion.

It only stopped because he had the ball - if it was a defender eg Thiaday and they are left laying in back play the play doesnt stop immediately. It might stop a play or 2 later. Its a possession issue, its not a player welfare issue. If it was a welfare issue the game would stop immediately when any player cops a head knock, but it doesnt, it stops when its appropriate.

Eh Mah Gawd tho I am all of a sudden the greatest ever villan on here because I dont think play should have been immediately stopped. (I do think it should have been stopped at the end of the next play tho).
    Yet no one can answer why (because player welfare is the most important issue ever) they dont stop games immediately when defenders knocked out when they get their heads in the wrong spot etc and they are left in back play.
    No one besides HS is saying that they agree that games should always be stopped immediately when players get head knocks, im even going further to say not just players left laying on the ground. I would be happy as larry if they came out with a rule that said that. More than happy to have a few delays in the game if it means the players are safer.

All I want is consistency with it.  Lol

100%, Turn it up.

Basketball

Last edited by Pieman on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Honeysett wrote:Play should have been called off, absolutely. Player safety is important and overrides everything else.

100%. Only the biggest simpletons have said anything else.

There was great sportsmanship by both teams in this regard during the game. Mansour and Sammy were going at each other and 5min later Mansour was rolling Sam onto his side and pulling his mouthguard out so he wouldn't choke. Alf was attending to fallen players on both sides. It, injury aside, obv, was great to see.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Nothing was "spliced" together at all. It is your words, verbatim. It was from that time you said he shouldn't be in jail but wanted him kicked out of the side for having a beer in his own time. Its funny where people draw the line, isn't it?

Cool mate, because the bloke should be persecuted by the legal system when no one else would go to jail for doing what he did (as a first time and in isolation). CHUCK HIM IN JAIL FOR A CRIME NO ONE ELSE WOULD GO TO JAIL FOR! Wooooo! *Angry fist shake* Nah quote posts out of context and splice away mate, ignore everything else that was said for the sake of a "good" troll bounce

Fishing
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Pieman wrote:keep splicing posts .
    Pieman wrote:splice away mate,

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 45 Z
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm

This 100%. In this case there was a perfect opportunity to stop play after the knock on as well, but even if there was no infringement (eg the Wallace falcon), if he was knocked out while play was alive, then I'm happy for the whistle to be blown then play restarted as per the rule for accidental whistle blows (last team to touch the ball before the whistle gets the scrum feed). If that means a team gets the feed, or 6 again when they probably shouldn't, I don't care for the maybe once every few seasons it happens. It is extremely rare a player is knocked unconscious on the field. It only happens a few times a year. Comparing it to a player stumbling around like Wallace is arguing for the safe of arguing. There isn't anyone who say what happens to Oates who didn't hold their breath when it happened - same as when Chief was Ko against Spud a few years ago.

Jesus, if Moga made the tackle, which was highly likely, chances are someone would have jumped over Oates to get to dummy half. It's incredible anyone has an issue with this. When a trainer requires a HIA he puts both arms up and the ref currently stops play even if the injured player is well behind the attacking line.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Pieman, your problem is that you're right in the Bronco's thread. Even if Foxtel have no clue.

It's not a question of people's opinion on a forum, whether they are fucking this custard or the severity of a head knock. It's black and white in the laws of the game. The ref stops play if the continuance of play endangers the player. Play had moved on he shouldn't have stopped it. The only other time is if an injured player requires to be treated by a 2nd person because a player can only be treated by 1 individual while play is in progress.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

ryno_ wrote:

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 45 Z
    2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 45 Streets-Splice-Pine-Lime1837-611564
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Dip wrote:

This 100%. In this case there was a perfect opportunity to stop play after the knock on as well, but even if there was no infringement (eg the Wallace falcon), if he was knocked out while play was alive, then I'm happy for the whistle to be blown then play restarted as per the rule for accidental whistle blows (last team to touch the ball before the whistle gets the scrum feed). If that means a team gets the feed, or 6 again when they probably shouldn't, I don't care for the maybe once every few seasons it happens. It is extremely rare a player is knocked unconscious on the field. It only happens a few times a year. Comparing it to a player stumbling around like Wallace is arguing for the safe of arguing. There isn't anyone who say what happens to Oates who didn't hold their breath when it happened - same as when Chief was Ko against Spud a few years ago.

Jesus, if Moga made the tackle, which was highly likely, chances are someone would have jumped over Oates to get to dummy half. It's incredible anyone has an issue with this. When a trainer requires a HIA he puts both arms up and the ref currently stops play even if the injured player is well behind the attacking line.

No its not, because the play wasnt dead.
    No its not arguing for the sake of arguing, because you just like me and just like the ref have no right to say that one head knock is more severe than the other.
    If Moga makes the tackle, they call play off then!
    No, the ref doesnt immediately stop play. He stops at the next break in play.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:37 pm

No Worries wrote:Pieman, your problem is that you're right in the Bronco's thread. Even if Foxtel have no clue.

It's not a question of people's opinion on a forum, whether they are fucking this custard or the severity of a head knock. It's black and white in the laws of the game. The ref stops play if the continuance of play endangers the player. Play had moved on he shouldn't have stopped it. The only other time is if an injured player requires to be treated by a 2nd person because a player can only be treated by 1 individual while play is in progress.

Yeah exactly NW.
    My issue isnt that he stopped play, its that he immediately stopped play when IMO he shouldnt have.

Some agree, some dont. Far out haha

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 am