NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 24 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by ryno_ Mon May 22, 2017 8:36 am

Pieman wrote:

yeah it was.
    lol

I love watching roberts in form and I think he could be a great player for NSW - but fuck that pass was so forward

No it wasnt.
    Ice

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 24 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am

ryno_ wrote:

What? No he wasn't. Grant made contact with Thaiday (on the outside shoulder) and took him out of the defensive line - he was about 3m behind the line when Tedesco broke through the first tackler. Glenn had to rush to his left to cover the hole Thaiday should have been in and Tedesco stepped inside the man over compensating. By the time he'd stepped back inside to where Thaiday was obstructed, Thaiday had already rushed left to cover. Thaiday cant be expected to stay where he is and not continue defending in the hope that the attacking team run back at him instead of the A gap theyve created.

https://twitter.com/NRLBunker/status/865514910427488257

Using both a "common sense application" and an "actual rules application" (unfortunately that Venn Diagram crossover is smaller then it should be), its a no try every day of the week.

I agree it was a no try, I just find the whole application so inconsistent. There was no rushing from Glenn though, if anything he slightly slowed his momentum but never changed what he was doing.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 am

Ice wrote:

I agree it was a no try, I just find the whole application so inconsistent. There was no rushing from Glenn though, if anything he slightly slowed his momentum but never changed what he was doing.

Of course Glenn changed what he was doing. He had to go in to make the tackle on Edwards (I think that's who it was, whoever threw the last pass). If Thaiday wasn't interfered with he makes the tackle on Edwards and Glenn stays on Tedesco inside of Thaiday. This is one of the more clear examples IMO.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Dip wrote:

Of course Glenn changed what he was doing. He had to go in to make the tackle on Edwards (I think that's who it was, whoever threw the last pass). If Thaiday wasn't interfered with he makes the tackle on Edwards and Glenn stays on Tedesco inside of Thaiday. This is one of the more clear examples IMO.

Nah
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon May 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Pieman wrote:

yeah it was.
    lol

I love watching roberts in form and I think he could be a great player for NSW - but fuck that pass was so forward

It was a shocker.

In fact I've noticed it's pretty common that the ref's will often miss a forward when they are running with the momentum of the ball and vice versa will pull up passes that I think are fine, simply because they are standing flat footed.

It's an understandable human flaw but it's really noticeable if you start looking for it.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 22, 2017 1:48 pm

That was a forward pass for sure. The only possible excuse for the refs, and particularly the touchies, is that since it was from a kick through they would have been following the the ball kick then have to turn and chase Roberts, who lets face it, even with the ball and dodging the defence is bloody quick.

The pocket ref at the previous play the ball should have been in postion to call it though, as he had a 15m head start on Roberts.

Hate how the video ref can't call on forward passes. I was listening to the game on radio at the time and they called it forward straight away. Sure the camera angle isn't always perfect, but just apply the same rule as every thing else - stick with the initial call unless conclusive evidence. I wouldn't mind if they said something like "we don't have the right camera angle to tell whether that floated forward or not so stick with the original call" more often than not, but this one, together with his pass against the Cowboys, and the Turbo pass last week were clearly forward, and the Milford pass to Hunt against the Roosters was clearly backwards.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon May 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Dip wrote:That was a forward pass for sure. The only possible excuse for the refs, and particularly the touchies, is that since it was from a kick through they would have been following the the ball kick then have to turn and chase Roberts, who lets face it, even with the ball and dodging the defence is bloody quick.

The pocket ref at the previous play the ball should have been in postion to call it though, as he had a 15m head start on Roberts.

Hate how the video ref can't call on forward passes. I was listening to the game on radio at the time and they called it forward straight away. Sure the camera angle isn't always perfect, but just apply the same rule as every thing else - stick with the initial call unless conclusive evidence. I wouldn't mind if they said something like "we don't have the right camera angle to tell whether that floated forward or not so stick with the original call" more often than not, but this one, together with his pass against the Cowboys, and the Turbo pass last week were clearly forward, and the Milford pass to Hunt against the Roosters was clearly backwards.

The TV commentators said that aswell - but on the replay, the pocket ref was in reasonably good position. Certainly good enough to make the call.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 22, 2017 7:38 pm

ryno_ wrote:

The TV commentators said that aswell - but on the replay, the pocket ref was in reasonably good position. Certainly good enough to make the call.

It was forward as fuck.
    Terrible non-call.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 pm

ryno_ wrote:

No it wasnt.

lol
    Just watched it again. Is almost 5m forward.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 pm

ryno_ wrote:That right-to-left pass from Roberts has me rock hard.

Ice wrote:

Was that the forward one after his bust to set up nikorima?

Pieman wrote:

yeah it was.
    lol

The right-to-left pass was absolutely not forward. Your eyes must be painted on.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 23, 2017 8:34 am

I dont understand why you are saying it wasnt forward?

It was almost 5m forward.

Ur talking about after roberts made the break and dished it to nikorima right? Because that one was clearly, 100% a forward pass.

How odd
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 am

Pieman wrote:I dont understand why you are saying it wasnt forward?

Ur talking about after roberts made the break and dished it to nikorima right? Because that one was clearly, 100% a forward pass.

How odd

ryno_ wrote:That right-to-left pass from Roberts has me rock hard.
    ryno_ wrote:That right-to-left pass from Roberts
    ryno_ wrote:right-to-left pass

You're either confusing the pass with another or don't know your left & right. From past form, im not sure which is more likely.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 23, 2017 9:10 am

Pieman wrote:I dont understand why you are saying it wasnt forward?

How odd

Given the forward pass to Niko was left to right....I don't think he is.

The right to left I think he is referring to was the one where he jinked back infield and threw a 20m cutout to Oates (I think??).

Note for @ryno_:
    Generally with blokes like Pieman, I usually take into account he wouldn't have touched a football in real life and may not understand passing terminology, thus you need to explain things more clearly.
    It's similar to the many other things he doesn't understand due to lack of Rugby League nous.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 am

ryno_ wrote:

You're either confusing the pass with another or don't know your left & right. From past form, im not sure which is more likely.

Beat me to it....
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 23, 2017 9:13 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Given the forward pass to Niko was left to right....I don't think he is.

The right to left I think he is referring to was the one where he jinked back infield and threw a 20m cutout to Oates (I think??).

Note for @ryno_:
    Generally with blokes like Pieman, I usually take into account he wouldn't have touched a football in real life and may not understand passing terminology, thus you need to explain things more clearly.
    It's similar to the many other things he doesn't understand due to lack of Rugby League nous.

Yeah, I realised that - I just figured concepts like "left" & "right" were universal. The crust must be a little thicker then I thought.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 23, 2017 9:18 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Beat me to it....
    lol!
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 am

I wonder if Milford gets named in the 17 this week? Or if JT is passed fit in the next couple of days and the Milf is released, then whether the NRL will allow special consideration to include Milf from outside the 21? Same goes for the 18th - 20th men I guess.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 23, 2017 9:33 am

Dip wrote:I wonder if Milford gets named in the 17 this week? Or if JT is passed fit in the next couple of days and the Milf is released, then whether the NRL will allow special consideration to include Milf from outside the 21? Same goes for the 18th - 20th men I guess.

Is there anything to stop Milf being named at 18, regardless of JT's fitness? I imagine if he's named in the 18 and QLD release him, theres no reason he couldnt play. Brisbane just risk losing the 18th spot if Milf is named and not released by QLD.

Surely theres no rule against naming a player who isnt (at this stage) available to play.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue May 23, 2017 10:04 am

ryno_ wrote:

Is there anything to stop Milf being named at 18, regardless of JT's fitness? I imagine if he's named in the 18 and QLD release him, theres no reason he couldnt play. Brisbane just risk losing the 18th spot if Milf is named and not released by QLD.

Surely theres no rule against naming a player who isnt (at this stage) available to play.

titans wern't allowed to bring in copley because his deal wasn't registered till the wednesday, which i thought was harsh

i'd like to think in this circumstance, the broncos would be able to bring in milford, i think its to the nNRL's discretion and i've gotta believe they use common sense there

i'm interested as to what the rules are next week, surely clubs can name bigger squads due to origin, broncs have 6 for crying out loud(well 5 after milf drops out) , they have no idea how any pull up, even those with 3-4 still need to cover injured playersnot on rep duty, so 21 isn't even enough for them.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 23, 2017 11:32 am

ryno_ wrote:

Considering you have clearly never played a game in your life, I just thought - as usual - you didnt know what you were on about therefore I dont have to pay very much attention to what you write. Plus you 100% of the time argue the wrong point so.. yeh.

The roberts pass after the break where nikorima scored was forward by a mile. Glad you agree.
    Smile

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm