NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Mearcats
    Mearcats

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Mearcats Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Honeysett wrote:Darius Boyd should be congratulated for what he's looking at doing with mental illness awareness. He's a prime example of someone who can help change lives. He's had those public battles and been dragged through the dirt for some of the things he's done and he's come out the other end with a new lease of life. He really is a great role model to help those in need and can show them that despite it all there's light at the end of the tunnel. He was struggling for years and once he got some help he's been able to positively transform his life.

Kudos to the man.

Shit this must have hurt you to say... Lol. Makes it all the more admirable bloke.
    Dip

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Dip Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 pm

I like Milf 6, Marshall 7, Hunt 9, and Niko 14. The team is still good enough to go deep. Gee that's hope Milf's shoulder makes it through the season though.

When Marshall has started he's looked good, and I think his game should compliment Milf well. I don't think it's fair to judge a half on their performances when they're only asked to come on in the last 20, and typically when their team ups up or down by double figure amounts.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:31 pm

Personally I can't wait to see the end of Adam Blair. What the fuck has he done this year that's worthy of still starting? TPJ and Joey gain more metres than he does every week and I'm sick of his brain snaps that end in errors, injuring one of our most important players for 9 months and missing the tackle in the GF that cost us the game.

I hope the Dragons sign him. Please sign him.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:21 am

Quad-post

Last edited by ryno_ on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:22 am

Quad-post

Last edited by ryno_ on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 am

Quad-post

Last edited by ryno_ on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Personally I can't wait to see the end of Adam Blair. What the fuck has he done this year that's worthy of still starting? TPJ and Joey gain more metres than he does every week and I'm sick of his brain snaps that end in errors, injuring one of our most important players for 9 months and missing the tackle in the GF that cost us the game.

I hope the Dragons sign him. Please sign him.

Do you think TPJ and Ofa would be as good starting as opposed to coming in at 20min when the sting is out of the opposition starters? I think Blair is fine where he is - few less brain snaps would be good though. For somebody who is meant to be in the leadership circle, fuck me he does some stupid things.

ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:31 am

Jesus. Forum had a melt down.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Of course it wasn't a late or dangerous tackle, both he and Macca were trying to shut in on Jennings which led to the collision.

I suspect you didn't even see it and just assumed it was one of Blair's usual (and legal) pressure tackles on kickers.

He got caught out of position, then dove at Jennings lower body in a shoulder charge motion - well and truely after Jennings had kicked it. If he didnt perform the late tackle (its clearly a late tackle) on the kicker and kick chaser, then the collision never happens.

Blair is one of if not the dirtiest player in the game, its pretty fucking well known.

How he is still allowed to tackle the kicker after every fucking kick is beyond me. He literally is making no effort to stop the ball or tackle the kicker before the guy kicks it, its always 100% after he kicks it. Yep, its kick pressure, but its also a late fucking tackle on a kicker.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Pieman wrote:

He got caught out of position, then dove at Jennings lower body in a shoulder charge motion - well and truely after Jennings had kicked it. If he didnt perform the late tackle (its clearly a late tackle) on the kicker and kick chaser, then the collision never happens.

Blair is one of if not the dirtiest player in the game, its pretty fucking well known.

How he is still allowed to tackle the kicker after every fucking kick is beyond me. He literally is making no effort to stop the ball or tackle the kicker before the guy kicks it, its always 100% after he kicks it. Yep, its kick pressure, but its also a late fucking tackle on a kicker.

Firstly, he clearly didn't get caught out of position as he was obviously in place to make the tackle if Jennings didn't kick ahead. Rolling Eyes

I don't give a shit if you think Blair is a dirty player (I don't personally) but to claim it was late is inarguably moronic and was the same reason that Macca was also involved in the collision (who apparently isn't a 'dirty player' according to Pieman, therefore isn't in the wrong like Blair was....).
    Happened in a split second and deadset nothing wrong with anything Blair did in that instance.
    If anything, it is just another example of why the people pushing to sanitise the game, are on a hiding to nothing.

Now that unfortunate and incidental collision aside, if you are basing your opinion about Blair being a 'dirty player' on his treatment of players after they kick, then I'd have to say that once again you are living up to your reputation as a daft simpleton.
    It is par for the course for kickers to be pressured these days and Blair is no different to about 30 or more other players who are tasked with doing this week in, week out.
    To single him out for it is just putting your bias out there for all to see.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Blair the dirtiest player in the game? lol! Laugh 3 He's not even the dirtiest player in his team (that honour goes to McGuire,  who may be a grub by current NRL standards, but it least he's our grub). Still, to put either of them in the same level as an admitted performance enhancing drug taking racist who claws at opponent's stitches is laughable. Of the top of my head here's a few other high profile players who have done far grubbier things than Blair or McGuire:
    James Graham - biter
    Josh Reynolds - Repeat tripper
    Matt Prior - elbow to jaw of opponent's best player
    Billy Slater - kicking player on the ground
    Soliola- late high tackle to opponent's star player
    Isaac Luke - try to break cousin's leg
    Hayne - Headbutter
    Merrin & Tamou - sucker punch someone when they're not looking

And that's without even trying to think too hard or going off field.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Firstly, he clearly didn't get caught out of position as he was obviously in place to make the tackle if Jennings didn't kick ahead.  Rolling Eyes

I don't give a shit if you think Blair is a dirty player (I don't personally) but to claim it was late is inarguably moronic and was the same reason that Macca was also involved in the collision (who apparently isn't a 'dirty player' according to Pieman, therefore isn't in the wrong like Blair was....).
    Happened in a split second and deadset nothing wrong with anything Blair did in that instance.
    If anything, it is just another example of why the people pushing to sanitise the game, are on a hiding to nothing.

Now that unfortunate and incidental collision aside, if you are basing your opinion about Blair being a 'dirty player' on his treatment of players after they kick, then I'd have to say that once again you are living up to your reputation as a daft simpleton.
    It is par for the course for kickers to be pressured these days and Blair is no different to about 30 or more other players who are tasked with doing this week in, week out.
    To single him out for it is just putting your bias out there for all to see.

He gets onside with his back turned, thats where the hole appears for Jennings. He is caught out, and jennings kicks it and takes a step or 2, then blair dives (with his arm tucked in a textbook shoulder charge motion) at the hips and legs of Jennings, well and fucking truely after he has kicked it. If blair didnt run back with his back turned, then the hole isnt there and jennings doesnt toe it through. So no, you are clearly wrong there.

Wasnt late?????????????? IT WAS A FUCKING PENALTY FOR TAKING THE KICKER/KICK CHASER OUT. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? Wasnt late. Hahahah. You literally hear the Ref say "adam blair" when he gives the penalty. Its either late, or its an illegal tackle, or both. Pick or chose, its still a dirty play. And its still ironic that it hurt his own player. If jennings got hurt in that tackle, blair would be 100% looking at weeks.

If blair isnt going for the late, illegal diving shoulder charge on Jennings then mccullough barely touches jennings and jennings keeps running, or he just gets him from behind, in a normal tackle - but would still be a penalty because it would have been late. Coz ya know, by the very act of tacking a kick chaser from behind - means he is past you.

Blair does it multiple times a match. He does it the most. And he does it the latest. And he is one of the dirtiest players in the game because of it. He is in the same vein as Beau Scott and co. Dirty cunts who hit playmakers after they pass it, and hit kickers after they kick it.

In this instance, he was literally too late to stop the kick, too late to charge it down. All he was doing was "tackling" the kicker after he kicked it so that the kicker couldnt chase. You're absolutely brain fucking dead Oz. Deadset. Nothing wrong with it? Far out. And you say I am the one showing my Bias hahaha. Fuck me Drunk.

Dead Horse
    [url= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49fQFWskDVA]Nah[/url] nah nothing wrong with that.. solid lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:40 am

Have to weigh in because this has gone on long enough.

Like the list Dip I'm adding Sam Burgess - Squirrel Grip to it.

Was he out of position and was the tackle late - Hell Yes, he wouldn't have made that tackle if the game was played on Sunday. Watch the replay it looks like he's spent the last 3 days at an all you can eat buffet with Pieday and to try and save face he trips over his own feet to make it look like he got beat. The fact that Jennings kicks the ball slowing his momentum means Blair gets closer that he thought he was going to and it all ends up lookng farcical.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:48 am

Pieman wrote:

He gets onside with his back turned, thats where the hole appears for Jennings. He is caught out, and jennings kicks it and takes a step or 2, then blair dives (with his arm tucked in a textbook shoulder charge motion) at the hips and legs of Jennings, well and fucking truely after he has kicked it. If blair didnt run back with his back turned, then the hole isnt there and jennings doesnt toe it through. So no, you are clearly wrong there.

Wasnt late?????????????? IT WAS A FUCKING PENALTY FOR TAKING THE KICKER/KICK CHASER OUT. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? Wasnt late. Hahahah. You literally hear the Ref say "adam blair" when he gives the penalty. Its either late, or its an illegal tackle, or both. Pick or chose, its still a dirty play. And its still ironic that it hurt his own player. If jennings got hurt in that tackle, blair would be 100% looking at weeks.

If blair isnt going for the late, illegal diving shoulder charge on Jennings then mccullough barely touches jennings and jennings keeps running, or he just gets him from behind, in a normal tackle - but would still be a penalty because it would have been late. Coz ya know, by the very act of tacking a kick chaser from behind - means he is past you.

Blair does it multiple times a match. He does it the most. And he does it the latest. And he is one of the dirtiest players in the game because of it. He is in the same vein as Beau Scott and co. Dirty cunts who hit playmakers after they pass it, and hit kickers after they kick it.

In this instance, he was literally too late to stop the kick, too late to charge it down. All he was doing was "tackling" the kicker after he kicked it so that the kicker couldnt chase. You're absolutely brain fucking dead Oz. Deadset. Nothing wrong with it? Far out. And you say I am the one showing my Bias hahaha. Fuck me Drunk.

Dead Horse
    [url= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49fQFWskDVA]Nah[/url] nah nothing wrong with that.. solid lol

Sometimes I get caught up in what I am working on at the time and duck in here and quickly post something, innocently assuming that the person I am responding to has a basic level of Rugby League knowledge.

And then I remember I am responding to Pieman.

Pieman, you utterly moronic fucktard....when discussing the sport of Rugby League, there is late....and then there is 'late'.

Yes it was undoubtedly late and a penalty, just as it is in AFL when a player quickly disposes of the ball and is tackled without it.

However the 'late' which is generally associated with dirty play is vastly different to that and far from what most sensible people would describe happened during that incident.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:01 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

deadset nothing wrong with anything Blair did in that instance.

nek minit

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Yes it was undoubtedly late and a penalty

Last edited by Pieman on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:03 am

Blair tackles the kicker late after he kicks it multiple times in every game. He is one of a number of players who do it, like Beau Scott (scott prob does it more after the playmaker passes it, but same difference).

There is a fucking difference between kick pressure (Steve Price was amazing at it) and being a dirty cunt and tacking a kicker after he kicks it (Blair, Scott).

I dont know why its allowed, its against the rules and its dirty as fuck.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 am

ryno_ wrote:

*implying this guy has*

It was comfortably forward. It went forward from his hands. When he throws it, his shoulders are parallel to the try line - with a bog standard passing motion (which it was) the ball can only go forward from there. His speed made it look worse then it was, but it left his hands travelling forward.

As usual some unbiased eyes from RYNO, well said brother.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:48 am

Pieman wrote:
    nek minit

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Clearly didn't, or couldn't read my last post.

Penalties are errors that happen, nothing wrong with that (in the context of whether it is a dirty play or not).
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am

Pieman wrote:Blair tackles the kicker late after he kicks it multiple times in every game. He is one of a number of players who do it, like Beau Scott (scott prob does it more after the playmaker passes it, but same difference).

There is a fucking difference between kick pressure (Steve Price was amazing at it) and being a dirty cunt and tacking a kicker after he kicks it (Blair, Scott).

I dont know why its allowed, its against the rules and its dirty as fuck.

Now that you've mentioned it, I actually don't think Blair is too bad at this.

He more often than not just gives the kicker a nice little cuddle, unlike some of the blokes (even from the Broncos) that are halfway through their tackle.

My understanding was that this is the interpretation the NRL has now adopted anyway??
    Not sure if it is a good rule or bad rule to be honest.

On one hand I'd like the kickers to have less pressure but on the other it keeps them in check and should discourage boring play that only consists of ruck x 5 and then bomb it.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:55 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Do you think TPJ and Ofa would be as good starting as opposed to coming in at 20min when the sting is out of the opposition starters? I think Blair is fine where he is - few less brain snaps would be good though. For somebody who is meant to be in the leadership circle, fuck me he does some stupid things.

TPJ and Ofa are only getting better. If Blair stays next year he should be playing from the bench.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:40 pm