NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Ice

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Ice Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Just read an article about the Brown/Edwards tackle on Pearson and watched the footage.

It's an interesting one. Brown clipped him high, no question, and he was going in with force but mai lay he got him cause Pearson slipped. You actually see brown kinda whip his arm back when he realises contact will be with the head not the chest because of the slip but it isn't enough to stop contact. Definitely worthy of going on report. I don't know his carry overs but perhaps a guilty plea sees him cop a week for careless high contact. Seen heaps worse and the contact was minimal, if he had got him hard the kid wouldn't have got back up.  I'm surprised/amazed/dumbfounded some are comparing it to the Soliola one on Slater that was late AND high and basically a shoulder charge to a guy without the ball, there is no comparison in my view.

Re Edwards, I'm not a fan, he is a sook and a cramp faker and a loose cannon that can hurt his own team in the blink of an eye and that incident was potentially a case in point.  That could have really fired the Broncos up for the second half and seen.  Them run away with it, so he. Is lucky the Eels showed more resolve than them.

That said, his hit was high with a shoulder to the head to a guy on the ground, albeit with the ball and still in play given no Eels player had touched him on the ground.  If Soliola got only 5, I'm thinking Kenny should at least cop a couple depending on plea and carry overs.

Thoughts?
    B/L
    B/L

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by B/L Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 pm

No problem with Browns, he was slipping...penalty sufficient.

Edwards can just fuck off, dog act...hit in the head...off with his head.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Kenny deserves 2 weeks for that hit.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:56 am

Kenny can consider himself very lucky to just cop a fine. It doesn't seem right to me.

Just had a chance to watch the highlights. Seemed like a solid performance, possibly the Eels best of the year. Norman bombed a certainty which in the past might have seen us panic, but we kept going right to the end.

Gee that Roberts pass for the first Broncos try was a long way forward and even looked forward out of the hands, but with so many bodies in motion it doesn't surprise me anymore when refs and touchiest miss it. Just glad it didn't impact the result.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Yeah was clearly forward, again. Was it left to right or right to left Ryney?

Its crazy that an accidental high shot can get a few weeks but a pre meditated, unnecessary shoulder to a defenceless guy on the ground just cops a fine. Absolute crazy town.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:31 pm

So Macca gone for the year, cheers for that Blair...

It won't happen, but i think Hunt to hooker, Benji to halves, Niko to bench might be an interesting combo to run with, figuring out where those 3 fit into the team has been a problem and we might as well see how it goes
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Ice wrote:Kenny can consider himself very lucky to just cop a fine. It doesn't seem right to me.

Just had a chance to watch the highlights. Seemed like a solid performance, possibly the Eels best of the year. Norman bombed a certainty which in the past might have seen us panic, but we kept going right to the end.

Gee that Roberts pass for the first Broncos try was a long way forward and even looked forward out of the hands, but with so many bodies in motion it doesn't surprise me anymore when refs and touchiest miss it. Just glad it didn't impact the result.

I think you have your Eels glasses on for that one ice. No way it was forward, If he threw that ball forward out of the hands at the speed he was going it would have ended up over the deadball line.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Macca out, 11 years and counting. Newcastle closer to a premiership
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:23 am

Pieman wrote:Yeah was clearly forward, again. Was it left to right or right to left Ryney?

Its crazy that an accidental high shot can get a few weeks but a pre meditated, unnecessary shoulder to a defenceless guy on the ground just cops a fine. Absolute crazy town.

Right to left. And forward a good metre.

Edwards is a fucking grub. But we knew that already.

Broncos should have won that game. Switched off after 10min and didnt know how to fire themselves back up when they needed to. Disappointing loss and losing Macca writes our season off. There's nobody who can replace his ~45-50 tackles a game and half play - although I thought he played pretty poorly in the game previous to the injury. His service was pretty ordinary.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 am

Was waiting for the day Blair's late hits on kickers lead to a serious injury. Ironic that it was on one of his own players, but was inevitable none the less.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 am

B/L wrote:

I think you have your Eels glasses on for that one ice. No way it was forward, If he threw that ball forward out of the hands at the speed he was going it would have ended up over the deadball line.

It's inconsequential as it didn't affect our dominance, but he passed it about 5 metres before the line and it was taken on the line, that's the reality of it. I don't care for momentum, for mine, a ball that clearly goes 5 metres forward at any running speed isn't thrown backwards out of the hands.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 pm

You clearly havent played much rugby league Ice.

Get in your car, drive 35k an hour then throw something out the window and see where it ends up.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Ice wrote:
    I don't care for momentum, for mine, a ball that clearly goes 5 metres forward at any running speed isn't thrown backwards out of the hands.

As Malcolm Turnbull might say - the laws of physics are very commendable, but the only laws that apply are the laws of rugby league
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Bronx have all but confirmed Hunt will be 9 with Niko and Milford in the halves.

I think it can work for us, at least in attack, it sort of eliminates the things Hunt is bad at from his game. I think Niko and Hunt can potentially swithc it up in attack to allow niko to jump in there for some darts.

Defense is going to be a problem. Hunt is capable, though nowhere near what macca gives, and Niko will probably be found out too.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:35 pm

B/L wrote:You clearly havent played much rugby league Ice.

Get in your car, drive 35k an hour then throw something out the window and see where it ends up.

*implying this guy has*

It was comfortably forward. It went forward from his hands. When he throws it, his shoulders are parallel to the try line - with a bog standard passing motion (which it was) the ball can only go forward from there. His speed made it look worse then it was, but it left his hands travelling forward.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:Bronx have all but confirmed Hunt will be 9 with Niko and Milford in the halves.

I think it can work for us, at least in attack, it sort of eliminates the things Hunt is bad at from his game. I think Niko and Hunt can potentially swithc it up in attack to allow niko to jump in there for some darts.

Defense is going to be a problem. Hunt is capable, though nowhere near what macca gives, and Niko will probably be found out too.

Probably our hardest position to cover but season not a write off just yet.

A similar thing happened on 2006 and Justin Hodges slotting into FB probably ended up being the thing that got us to the GF.
    This has the same feel IMO as our attack was starting to get a bit predictable and this could well be the fresh approach we need.

I also don't mind Hunt at 9 and think his defence is perfectly fine.

Personally I would play Benji at half and Niko as utility.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 pm

Pieman wrote:Was waiting for the day Blair's late hits on kickers lead to a serious injury. Ironic that it was on one of his own players, but was inevitable none the less.

I'd suggest it was more bad luck than irony thanks Alanis...

Particularly given that's not actually what happened you battling simpleton.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:54 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'd suggest it was more bad luck than irony thanks Alanis...

Particularly given that's not actually what happened you battling simpleton.

Well no, its ironic that his late tackle hurt his own player.
    And second, what? He tries to take Jennings out after he kicked it, not to mention it was with a shoulder charge too.

Was there some bad luck? Sure. But it came from a dangerous late tackle from Blair. Different to his usual dog shots on kickers after they kick it, sure, but still, a late shot on a kicker who was chasing his own kick.

How you see anything different is fucking beyond me.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:49 pm

Pieman wrote:

Well no, its ironic that his late tackle hurt his own player.
    And second, what? He tries to take Jennings out after he kicked it, not to mention it was with a shoulder charge too.

Was there some bad luck? Sure. But it came from a dangerous late tackle from Blair. Different to his usual dog shots on kickers after they kick it, sure, but still, a late shot on a kicker who was chasing his own kick.

How you see anything different is fucking beyond me.

Of course it wasn't a late or dangerous tackle, both he and Macca were trying to shut in on Jennings which led to the collision.

I suspect you didn't even see it and just assumed it was one of Blair's usual (and legal) pressure tackles on kickers.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:41 pm

it'll be a tough ask for the team, but i'm not subscribing to the theory that we might as well throw in the towel with Macca's injury, it was supposed to be season over for us when McGuire did his ACL in 2015 with absolutely zero depth in the forwards, and we were one 'ohmyfuckinggodthesirenhassoundedsomebodyjustfuckingtacklesomeoneFUCKYOUMORGAN' away from lifting the trophy.

if it had to happen, this years probably the best year for it than any prior, we've had head-aches trying to work out how to best fit 4 halves into 3 spots,and now there just so happens to be 4 spots.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:26 pm