NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by ryno_ Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Even the fact that roberts went from centre of the year to not - suggest he isnt not playing as good footy as he was at the titans. That ruins the roberts argument. Everything else is irrelevant and There is literally nothing to suggest the club didnt want him, they tried to keep him in a dodgy way apparently, so yeh mate, keep with the conspiracy theories.

He had a purple patch of a few games where he was untouchable at GC that got him the award, but he is playing better football for longer stretches at the Broncos. Fact. His defence has much improved, work rate increased and effectiveness increased. He'd have to be front runner for the Centre of the Year... maybe Lafai?

Illegally trying to decrease his contract value =/= trying to keep him.
    Refusing to pay peanuts in legal fees that they rightfully owed him =/= trying to keep him.

Pieman wrote:Who are the 4, not taking injury into consideration? Blair and moga are the only 2.
    Boyd, Roberts, Moga, Blair. All unwanted by their previous club.

Pieman wrote:Reed made his fucking debut at the broncos haha. Amazing if you want to count him.
    He was in the Raiders Toyota Cup squad that beat the Broncos in the NYC's inaugural year, Croker kept him out of the starting side. It's why he was good mates with Vidot. Raiders dropped him, their loss is our gain. But, as you said, its not a subject you know much about. I assume, in that context, that "it" is NRL.

Pieman wrote:No, vidot played his best years at the raiders.
    Nope.

Pieman wrote:Wallace.... ?? Not sure why you included him there.
    Why wouldnt I? Origin player at Brisbane. Non-origin player elsewhere.

Pieman wrote:In the current knights side - Jamie Buhrer was playing well before injury. Mitch Barnett goes alright too. There ya go mate. Soon to be Aiden Guerra too.
    Buhrer's best football is in a Manly jersey. Barnett is a low tier 2nd row plodder. He has never played a good level of footy.

QED. End of.
    ryno_
    ryno_

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 31 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by ryno_ Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Dip wrote:Anyone watch the fight today? Just wondering what Suncorp Stadium looks like on a Sunday afternoon?

I realise it's not the point you're making but;

I hope they figured out the boards they lay over the turf out. When they had the Robbie Williams concert there (better part of a decade ago) they fucked the sub-soil drainage at one end.

Also, if anybody did go and was sat in the stands - could you see anything from that that far? Seems madness to have people so far away for a relatively confined (space wise) event. I thought they'd have the ring at one in-goal area so one end stand would at least have a decent view and have 270deg of floor seating.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:41 am

Dip wrote:Anyone watch the fight today? Just wondering what Suncorp Stadium looks like on a Sunday afternoon?

Same as a Thursday night. Full of people who have no idea about league.

Coffee
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:06 am

ryno_ wrote:

He had a purple patch of a few games where he was untouchable at GC that got him the award, but he is playing better football for longer stretches at the Broncos. Fact. His defence has much improved, work rate increased and effectiveness increased. He'd have to be front runner for the Centre of the Year... maybe Lafai?

Illegally trying to decrease his contract value =/= trying to keep him.
    Refusing to pay peanuts in legal fees that they rightfully owed him =/= trying to keep him.

Boyd, Roberts, Moga, Blair. All unwanted by their previous club.

He was in the Raiders Toyota Cup squad that beat the Broncos in the NYC's inaugural year, Croker kept him out of the starting side. It's why he was good mates with Vidot. Raiders dropped him, their loss is our gain. But, as you said, its not a subject you know much about. I assume, in that context, that "it" is NRL.

Nope.

Why wouldnt I? Origin player at Brisbane. Non-origin player elsewhere.

Buhrer's best football is in a Manly jersey. Barnett is a low tier 2nd row plodder. He has never played a good level of footy.

QED. End of.

What an uneducated load of utter nonsense. It's pretty clear that I have Horned you into submission and you are now just even too exhausted to put up a decent arguement (Ignoring the fact that you never have, ever, in your life, put up a good argument).

Including Boyd as someone who was unwanted by their previous club is laughable. He only plays under Bennett. If Bennett was still at the dragons, Boyd would be at the dragons. If Bennett coached the u12 Larapinta Lizards, Boyd would be playing for them too. Boyd is 100% n/a with this argument.
    Roberts, as I have already established, was clearly wanted by his previous club and is clearly not playing better footy than what he was at the Titans. So no. Also, Blair was playing his best footy at Melbourne, not Brisbane, so suck a hairy one. Moga... lol... ok? Cool.
    Vidot played his best footy at Brisbane... solid Lolz there mate. You could easily chuck in the Raiders and the Dragons before counting his time at brissy.
    Reed... wow. So any player who doesn't get a start at the side they play juniors for becomes a player unwanted by their previous club? Ha.

Ah yes, the Wallace I was thinking of was the one at the titans now, who was unwanted by the broncos and has gone on to play origin this year.
    Peter Wallace, was he even unwanted by the panthers, or did he go to the broncos on a big money? its even arguable that he went on to play his best footy last year at penrith after being shafted by the broncos.

And yep, Buhrer was unwanted by Manly, swapped for a winger and has been playing great when not injured. Barnett not wanted by the Raiders, played his career best footy at Newcastle. Gagai, not wanted by the Broncos, playing career best footy.

Back in ya box buddy

Also, Ill tell my carer to tell your carer to tell you that I said that you're a halfwit that and that your carer is feeding you fake news and that my carer said that your carer doesn't care for you. And so on.

Beer

Post by Guest Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:29 am

holy shit this is still going? give it a fucking rest, yelling insults at each other while blocking your ears might work as a discussion method for you two, but the rest of us have to wade though this tripe.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:33 am

Pieman wrote:

What an uneducated load of utter nonsense. It's pretty clear that I have Horned you into submission and you are now just even too exhausted to put up a decent arguement (Ignoring the fact that you never have, ever, in your life, put up a good argument).

Including Boyd as someone who was unwanted by their previous club is laughable. He only plays under Bennett. If Bennett was still at the dragons, Boyd would be at the dragons.  If Bennett coached the u12 Larapinta Lizards, Boyd would be playing for them too. Boyd is 100% n/a with this argument.
    Roberts, as I have already established, was clearly wanted by his previous club and is clearly not playing better footy than what he was at the Titans. So no. Also, Blair was playing his best footy at Melbourne, not Brisbane, so suck a hairy one. Moga... lol... ok? Cool.
    Vidot played his best footy at Brisbane... solid Lolz there mate. You could easily chuck in the Raiders and the Dragons before counting his time at brissy.
    Reed... wow. So any player who doesn't get a start at the side they play juniors for becomes a player unwanted by their previous club? Ha.

Ah yes, the Wallace I was thinking of was the one at the titans now, who was unwanted by the broncos and has gone on to play origin this year.
    Peter Wallace, was he even unwanted by the panthers, or did he go to the broncos on a big money? its even arguable that he went on to play his best footy last year at penrith after being shafted by the broncos.

And yep, Buhrer was unwanted by Manly, swapped for a winger and has been playing great when not injured. Barnett not wanted by the Raiders, played his career best footy at Newcastle. Gagai, not wanted by the Broncos, playing career best footy.

Back in ya box buddy

Also, Ill tell my carer to tell your carer  to tell you that I said that you're a halfwit that and that your carer is feeding you fake news and that my carer said that your carer doesn't care for you. And so on.

:beer:

No, no. You must have misread. I said;

ryno_ wrote:QED. End of.

Keep banging on about how Titans fraudulently attempting to take money off Roberts _really_ means they want to keep him into the wind - that's all that's listening.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:57 am

ryno_ wrote:

No, no. You must have misread. I said;

Keep banging on about how Titans fraudulently attempting to take money off Roberts _really_ means they want to keep him into the wind - that's all that's listening.

and keep talking about how by literally signing his papers to keep him at the club means they didnt want him, and keep talking about how much better he is playing now than what he was when he won centre of the year lol

Smile

study back to fantasy footy for ya bruzzz

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:35 pm

Sam Pieday wrote:Should I stretch out and score or throw the pass to a bloke who has to beat 3 defenders.......???? Fuck it it's Newcastle too much effort to stretch
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:03 pm

The entire Broncos team looked confused for the first half of the game. I think the shock of not playing on a Friday night had something to do with it.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:51 pm

No Worries wrote:

Just put the ball down, Sam!

Any further up field and we would have been over the dead ball line!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 am

Moose wrote:The entire Broncos team looked confused for the first half of the game. I think the shock of not playing on a Friday night had something to do with it.

I think there's something to the fact that Newcastle have held 9 half-time leads for 1 win this year, granted i haven't watched a lot of the Knights this year, but i think a lot of teams underestimate them and come out and play the first half like they just expect the Knights to beat themselves, but then when they find themselves behind on the scoreboard, go up a gear that the Knights just don't have.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:54 am

We have played 7 Friday night games out of 17 this year.

Your argument is flawed.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:08 am

B/L wrote:We have played 7 Friday night games out of 17 this year.

Your argument is flawed.
    I'm not sure if you are talking to me or just making a general statement? If your comment was directed towards my previous quote you clearly missed the tongue in cheek sarcasm. Lighten up buttercup.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 am

surmo13 wrote:

I think there's something to the fact that Newcastle have held 9 half-time leads for 1 win this year, granted i haven't watched a lot of the Knights this year, but i think a lot of teams underestimate them and come out and play the first half like they just expect the Knights to beat themselves, but then when they find themselves behind on the scoreboard, go up a gear that the Knights just don't have.

Its a bit of both.
    Teams underestimating newie, newie actually playing well.
    Newcastle just dont have 80 in them and normal teams do. Newie drop off and the opposition get better.

Also, Thaiday is not going to be re-signed. Would prob take him at newcastle to play bench prop.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:29 am

He still has next season and after that he is a spent force, if he isnt already.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:37 am

he clearly is already, but still, would take him for a year at newcastle if he wanted to keep playing. surely he wouldnt play elsewhere tho.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:04 pm

He will have no reason too. Will have a job with the Broncos for life. Not to mention a radio gig with Nova
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:03 am

Darius Boyd should be congratulated for what he's looking at doing with mental illness awareness. He's a prime example of someone who can help change lives. He's had those public battles and been dragged through the dirt for some of the things he's done and he's come out the other end with a new lease of life. He really is a great role model to help those in need and can show them that despite it all there's light at the end of the tunnel. He was struggling for years and once he got some help he's been able to positively transform his life.

Kudos to the man.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Depression and anxiety are pretty strange beasts.

Sometimes they come from when someone makes a series of bad decisions throughout their life, then the person regrets them and is depressed and anxious because of the consequences. Sometimes it comes from taking too many drugs. Sometimes it comes from a genuine mental illness. Sometimes its a combination of whatever. You never know what people go through and you never know how one thing will effect another person.

Schools these days are fucking over the top with the anxiety stuff tho imo. I feel sorry for the kids with genuine anxiety problems, the ones who genuinely need help. Far too often naughty kids who are terrified about the consequences of their actions are diagnosed with "anxiety". Its wrong. Its the new ADHD.

Regardless of how ever the mental issues manifest, its always highly respectable when someone seeks help for their issues. And even more commendable when someone decides to try and make a difference.

Good on him.

Dan Hunt has been an advocate for years for this sort of thing, its a great cause.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:36 am

Shouldn't this thread be a discussion on last nights game?

I didn't seeOr here the game as I was out of range so. Would be interested to get some non-biased Bronco fan thoughts.

On face value a disappointing performance, given the start and a 12 point lead with your first choice spine against an Eels side missing Our best performer this year and our hooker.

Seems like Arthur and our defensive coach have already started to help Moses take his game to a first grade level, particularly his defence.

Thoughts?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am