NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Draft Game 2016 V2

    Share
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4782
    Reputation : 1360
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:48 pm

    @Welshy wrote:what we doing next then? that was a good time passer and fun!

    what about that trade game where you start with 2 teams and have to move guys around so you don't have any form the original teams left?

    With Legends team!
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8393
    Reputation : 1269
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:58 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    With Legends team!
    can't justify picking a team i would more than likely have to google mate

    "best NRL fullbacks 10 years ago"

    geek
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4782
    Reputation : 1360
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:02 pm

    @Welshy wrote:
    can't justify picking a team i would more than likely have to google mate

    "best NRL fullbacks 10 years ago"

    geek

    Curse you all!
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4774
    Reputation : 607
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Random on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:07 pm

    @Welshy wrote:what we doing next then? that was a good time passer and fun!

    what about that trade game where you start with 2 teams and have to move guys around so you don't have any form the original teams left?

    Isn't that what we normally do with trade games?
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8393
    Reputation : 1269
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:10 pm

    @Random wrote:

    Isn't that what we normally do with trade games?
    early morning still, forgive me...
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4774
    Reputation : 607
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Random on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:25 pm

    Its all good Welshy, we still love you.

    Also if we run a legends game I will pass.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8393
    Reputation : 1269
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:31 pm

    @Random wrote:Its all good Welshy, we still love you.

    Also if we run a legends game I will pass.
    will need 8 participants for the trade game? dish out teams 1st and 16th on the ladder 2nd and 15th and so on? we good with that?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4782
    Reputation : 1360
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:44 pm

    We're on page 51 if that means anything

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 pm

    Reached P51 before thread 51. We should all be ashamed.
    avatar
    TysonFrizellsBottomBitch

    Posts : 4091
    Reputation : 864
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by TysonFrizellsBottomBitch on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:25 pm

    I'll post my reasoning later on the odd chance anyone cares, though it has now become very apparent I was either judging/picking for some completely different competition (maybe a 2015 one off game rather than the full 2016 season? Razz) or how I value players is completely skewed compared to the majority Shocked. Or both.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:31 pm

    I think all votes were pretty much spot on as per everyone's own individual opinion. That there was a clear winner showed that Honeysetts was clearly the best squad. Not much between the rest of the squads for the other places. I actually changed my votes after going over the squads again based on my points system. I originally had Welshy as 3rd and SI as second but deducted 2 points off SI for his bench and Farah as his hooker in turn rating Welshy as second and SI as third. The next team was only 1 point behind SI - so very close indeed.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4774
    Reputation : 607
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Random on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:33 pm

    Usually it is a random top 8 and bottom 8 team. But if people would rather 1st + 16th, 2nd + 15th, ext. Being paired off we could do that. But maybe after the legends game if they run one.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8393
    Reputation : 1269
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:53 pm

    my only gripe was scoring people based on this years form, most of my guys were at the top or near it of their respective positions all throughout my squad and it got downvoted for poor form or injuries

    my thinking was a team who on their day would of beaten anyone elses, otherwise you would of had David Simmons being touted as a top winger back in the day because he scored a bunch of tries that year, much like Rona last year

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:08 pm

    I did not select my squad purely on this years form nor did I judge squads purely on this years form. I did however take into account your squads makeup of olayers and how injury prone they are however it hardly factored in my final decision.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8393
    Reputation : 1269
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:09 pm

    TopDog wrote:I did not select my squad purely on this years form nor did I judge squads purely on this years form. I did however take into account your squads makeup of olayers and how injury prone they are however it hardly factored in my final decision.
    I noticed mate
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1756
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Mearcats on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:32 pm

    @Random wrote:Team 2 for sure, though the first draft was way more competitive IIRC. I guess that happens when you don't have Mearcats Archer scrubs drafting.

    You, sir, can eat a bag of dicks!
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1756
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Mearcats on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:40 pm

    @Welshy wrote:my only gripe was scoring people based on this years form, most of my guys were at the top or near it of their respective positions all throughout my squad and it got downvoted for poor form or injuries

    my thinking was a team who on their day would of beaten anyone elses, otherwise you would of had David Simmons being touted as a top winger back in the day because he scored a bunch of tries that year, much like Rona last year

    I did this Welshy for two reasons. 1) if you want to rate a player on a previous years performance then I think a legends league would be a better gauge of things. 2) and more importantly, be fucked if I remember round one this year let alone 2015. I think it's safe to say that the better team won this time around
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1756
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Mearcats on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 pm

    Also, I thought that's what it was all about. The best team of 2016. No offence but I couldn't rate radradra in the best 100 players of 2016
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8393
    Reputation : 1269
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:44 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:Also, I thought that's what it was all about. The best team of 2016. No offence but I couldn't rate radradra in the best 100 players of 2016
    potentially not in 2016 but he is the best winger in the NRL
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4782
    Reputation : 1360
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Draft Game 2016 V2

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 pm

    One good year/bad year doesn't make a player. Ask TRex

      Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 pm