NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league - Page 5 Empty Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:06 am

We could start an offline draft, best case (and fairly) Thursday (gives everyone 2 days to finalise/select keepers), which gives us 2 weeks to complete the draft.

14 days, 132 picks (180 less 48 keepers). Call it 10 picks a day.

I reckon thats ambitious, especially given 4 of those 10 days are weekends.

I think commish should just pick a time between Saturday 27/8 (this weekend) and Wednesday 7/9 (day before Denver beat Carolina in the season opener) and we all do our best to make it but accept that finding an opening for 12 out of 12 people across 3 or 4 timezones in various states of employment rosters/children ownership isnt going to happen. Keepers lock 2 days prior.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league - Page 5 Empty Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

Post by Shanbon Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Welshy wrote:
    My only worry about Lockett is turning into a Harvin clone but he looks better than that! Wilson was unbelievable down the stretch last year and Locketts decent second half made Baldwin look like Julio on times, can't go wrong with him that late, same could happen with Austin, Lockett is lucky he has an elite QB throwing to him and not a rookie

Think I will run Bell as the final keeper because picking 6th I aint getting anyone with the upside he possesses and Beckham and Ingram are steals in the 2nd and 3rd, Reed in the 15th is just theft

Bell definitely the way to go when you look ahead for next year as well, he currently has a 2nd round ADP(though in this league would go round one considering players already kept)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Shanbon wrote:

Bell definitely the way to go when you look ahead for next year as well, he currently has a 2nd round ADP(though in this league would go round one considering players already kept)
    Pretty much locked in Bell when the suspension got dropped to 3 games mate, I ain't getting anyone of his scoring ability picking 6th when all the keepers have been locked in like you said, just going to be weird getting my first In the 4th round

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:17 pm

I think we probably need to start looking at an online draft time, maybe if we had gathered a little earlier and were able to organize ourselves a little quicker an 'offline' draft would've been the way to go, but i don't think we've left ourselves enough time to guarantee completion before the season kicks off, i know it sucks that we'll have people that won't be able to make it, and maybe we can bring the discussion back on the table when next season rolls around.
    Inqui
    Inqui

Post by Inqui Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:27 pm

ryno_ wrote:We could start an offline draft, best case (and fairly) Thursday (gives everyone 2 days to finalise/select keepers), which gives us 2 weeks to complete the draft.

14 days, 132 picks (180 less 48 keepers). Call it 10 picks a day.

I reckon thats ambitious, especially given 4 of those 10 days are weekends.

I think commish should just pick a time between Saturday 27/8 (this weekend) and Wednesday 7/9 (day before Denver beat Carolina in the season opener) and we all do our best to make it but accept that finding an opening for 12 out of 12 people across 3 or 4 timezones in various states of employment rosters/children ownership isnt going to happen. Keepers lock 2 days prior.
    Fair point, and going by the discussion threads in the league page it looks like this is a majority-held opinion. In this case, I think it's best to stick with the provisional time and date that's already been set of 1pm this Sunday (which I'd set in case we couldn't come to a decision. Go figure, haha). Which would lock keepers on Saturday and I'll confirm the list of keepers when I'm done with work that night.

As to surmo's point about not being decisive enough with a draft plan, I'll take my share of the blame there for trying to fit around everyone else at the expense of decisiveness. It'll be an interesting discussion for next year.

Also, welcome back Shanbon. Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Can you just set a shorter draft slot time if people have set a queue of players so autopicks come and go much quicker if we are on an offline draft?
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:42 pm

Ouch!... I guess that's me outta the draft.
    Oh well.  G'luck guys!

Last edited by malice on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Welshy wrote:Can you just set a shorter draft slot time if people have set a queue of players so autopicks come and go much quicker if we are on an offline draft?

Apparently, we're not doing an offline draft.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:04 am

Have you guys heard of clickydraft? Its a website that you can draft on that creates a "big board" (like you see in tv shows/movies) No they have a free version but you cant set up the good features like timer and keepers but their premium version is only $20(for the whole league). What this will allow you guys to do is hold an offline draft and then use clickydraft to do your drafting. You draft off your mobile which should give everyone access 24/7. The only thing is i dont know how long you can set timer (have emailed to find out) but if you set at 8-12 hours you will fly through the draft before kick off easy.

Also has heaps of other cool projection features and stuff

Last edited by Shanbon on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:08 am

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/page/features

Heard back from them already. Can set timer up to 99hours hahaha. The guy said he could also set it up for you so that draft is paused for certain times, ie from 11pm till 6am if need. (this would mean you could set draft timer for say 4 hours but pause overnight)
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:35 am

I think that would be perfect... but there are some people who believe that it's destined to fail, no matter what, and refuse to take part in it.
    malice
    malice

Post by malice Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 pm

surmo13 wrote:I think we probably need to start looking at an online draft time, maybe if we had gathered a little earlier and were able to organize ourselves a little quicker an 'offline' draft would've been the way to go, but i don't think we've left ourselves enough time to guarantee completion before the season kicks off, i know it sucks that we'll have people that won't be able to make it, and maybe we can bring the discussion back on the table when next season rolls around.

I think your base point is correct: if we organise ourselves earlier! Ha... I think we go through this every year!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Who has J Howard? I want him....

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 am