NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Big Bash League Fantasy

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Big Bash League Fantasy Empty Big Bash League Fantasy

Post by Pookus McFly Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Anybody playing BBL fantasy for 2018/2019?

Which game will you go with, the KFC BBL app or Supercoach?

Also what to do about D'Arcy Short? Was thinking he would be too expensive to start the season with, but after his 257 I am thinking teams without him could be left behind. Biggest decision of the season.

Not sure if anybody on here is even going to play, but here is my short list of players I am most interested in (Guns and cheapies mixed in):

Bat: Mitch Marsh, Moises Henriques, Cameron Bancroft, Shaun Marsh, D'Arcy Short, Jake Weatherald, Joe Burns, Mackenzie Harvey
    Wk: Alex Carey, Matthew Wade
    Bwl: Billy Stanlake, Rashid Kahn, Mitchell Swepson, Sam Heazlett, Jackson Coleman, Jason Behrendorff, David Willey
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Big Bash League Fantasy Empty Re: Big Bash League Fantasy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:28 pm

I'm keen to play, and am also wrestling with Darcy. He didn't look in amazing touch in the UAE and had a rubbish IPL run, and I'm wondering whether he might start a bit slow.

First Supercoach team is:

Bat: Weatheral, Qadir, Watson, White, Maxwell, Henriques, Lehmann
    Keep: McDermott, Handscomb
    Bowl: Tye, Sandhu, Steketee, Turner, Zampa, Stanlake, Lamichhane
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:53 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:I'm keen to play, and am also wrestling with Darcy. He didn't look in amazing touch in the UAE and had a rubbish IPL run, and I'm wondering whether he might start a bit slow.

Although I'm tempted by swapping out Weatheral and Watson for Darcy and Jack Edwards. Leaves a bit of cash too...

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:08 am

What? How do you play?

I didn't even know this existed
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:10 am

I played once. The whole split round and teams having byes wor too much for my little brain to field a side each week
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Yeah the double game weeks are definitely what the whole strategy needs to revolve around in BBL, but since you don't need to save trades like NRL Fantasy games, I don't mind something to pose a little extra challenge. Lord knows there is enough luck involved in this game that semblance of reward for forethought is welcome.

My current supercoach side is pretty DG-orientated:

Lynn Denly Burns McCullem Klinger (McDermott Wealtherald)
    Buttler Handscomb
    Willey Stanlake Behrendorff Coulter-Nile Pattinson (Lamichhane Edwards)

I have since decided to go without Darcy Short. Calculated risk, but with his average of 95.6 last year even if he scores 50-60 then he is still a bit of a flop. I think most players will bring him in, and if he doesn't absolutely kill it in his first two games and find ~200 points, then it will be a huge advantage for those who don't have him by picking him up cheaper for round 3 (for which he is just about a must-have). Short is an absolute weapon, but it would not be so crazy to see him flub a game and not make the steep quota his pricing puts him at.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:14 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:What? How do you play?

I didn't even know this existed

https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl/classic (Also there is a KFC one which hasnt opened yet)

7 Batters (2 subs)
    2 keepers (1 sub)
    7 bowlers (2 subs)

3 trades a week, every week

Need to be pretty on the ball with the daily games and the weekly rounds though, because some teams will play two games in a round while others have the bye. I only played for the first time last year and after coming from NRL fantasy games it did my head in a bit, but I got the hang of it quick enough. The key is to not get attached to your guns and be ready to trade them out for other guns who are playing twice in the upcoming round
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:23 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:I'm keen to play, and am also wrestling with Darcy. He didn't look in amazing touch in the UAE and had a rubbish IPL run, and I'm wondering whether he might start a bit slow.

Good picks all round. Only 4 double game players for the opening round seems low though. Or maybe my 8 is too high Razz
    Really like the Steketee pick. Havn't seen him in anybody elses team (most seem to be favoring Ur Rahman, Pattinson and Swepson for Heat bowlers), but I strongly think Steketee will be the best of that lot. Been trying to get him in my own side instead of Patto but I can't seem to find the extra ~55k Sad

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/bbl/classic (Also there is a KFC one which hasnt opened yet)

7 Batters (2 subs)
    2 keepers (1 sub)
    7 bowlers (2 subs)

3 trades a week, every week

Need to be pretty on the ball with the daily games and the weekly rounds though, because some teams will play two games in a round while others have the bye. I only played for the first time last year and after coming from NRL fantasy games it did my head in a bit, but I got the hang of it quick enough. The key is to not get attached to your guns and be ready to trade them out for other guns who are playing twice in the upcoming round

Cheers Pookus! I’ll have a look at signing up today or tomorrow

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Short was rubbish in the ODIs recently bit just before that in the JLT cup he was monsterous looks like he just struggles with spin
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:24 am

I'll definitely be playing. Last two years have been top 15 at the halfway point, and faded after taking a couple of risks to finish around 100th. Will play both games, and anything else I can find, can't enough of the BBL!!
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:31 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Good picks all round. Only 4 double game players for the opening round seems low though. Or maybe my 8 is too high :P
    Really like the Steketee pick. Havn't seen him in anybody elses team (most seem to be favoring Ur Rahman, Pattinson and Swepson for Heat bowlers), but I strongly think Steketee will be the best of that lot. Been trying to get him in my own side instead of Patto but I can't seem to find the extra ~55k :(

Ah, I hadn't picked the double-game / bye complexity.

Thanks mate! Am re-jigging team now. Lots of Perth guys....
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:30 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Ah, I hadn't picked the double-game / bye complexity.

Thanks mate! Am re-jigging team now. Lots of Perth guys....

Yeah I think the best setup is to stack it with Scorchers, but then have 3 Heat and 3 Strikers. Then just trade the 3 Heat players to 2/3 more Strikers for their round two double game (and since Heat goes onto two rounds of byes). Then any leftover starting spots go to Sixers, Canes and Thunder who have the next DGs.
    Just as a rough plan Laughing
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:28 am

Would anyone be keen on joining a $50 cash league? Winner would be decided on total points scored rather than any H2H comp.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:28 pm

I probably would have before you mentioned that you had finished ~100th the last two years.

Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off

Laugh

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Haha, yeah. Get stuffed

(Sorry!)

Maybe....
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah I think the best setup is to stack it with Scorchers, but then have 3 Heat and 3 Strikers. Then just trade the 3 Heat players to 2/3 more Strikers for their round two double game (and since Heat goes onto two rounds of byes). Then any leftover starting spots go to Sixers, Canes and Thunder who have the next DGs.
    Just as a rough plan :lol:

This seems wise. I would add to that the need to keep an eye on test / international players who will be in and out - Marshes, Stoinis etc.

My current setup is as close to Guns'n'Cheapies with a Scorch/Heat/Strikers focus as I can manage (55k spare):

McCullum Agar Burns Weatherald Qadir - Henriques Lehman
    McDermott Handscomb
    Tye Khan Cutting Steketee Turner - Lamichane J.Edwards

The aim would be to send McCullum Burns Cutting (Heat) out after R1 for players like Sandhu, Archer and Watson. Steketee can warm the bench, as I think he's a season keeper.

Then move Weatherald, Khan and maybe Lehmann (depending on form) out for Canes and Thunder types like Ahmed and Short.

I'm also kinda struck by the narrowness of the 6ers squad - I reckon there'll be a fair bit of value emerging after the first couple of rounds. J.Edwards is compulsory, Henriques almost the same, and I'll be watching Abbott really closely.

Question marks remain over Cutting and Turner, who I might get cold feet on (because I'm not sure they'll bowl more than 2 overs) and swap out for Pattinson (if picked), Swepson or H.Cartwright/Behrendorff.

quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Ok, I'll have a go at this !
    My 1st draft team is;
    Lynn, Watson, McCallum, Klinger, Whiteman, Botha, Lehmann,
    Dunk, Ludeman,
    Agar, Willey, Behrendorff, Coulter-Nile, Steketee, Khan, Sams.

That should give me 9 players doubling up in round 1 (depending of course on rep duties and injuries).
    It is pretty hard getting much news on players over here re injuries and suspension and form, so any advice would be appreciated !

Only 1,200 in the bank
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:42 pm

quicksand wrote:Ok, I'll have a go at this !
    My 1st draft team is;
    Lynn, Watson, McCallum, Klinger, Whiteman, Botha, Lehmann,
    Dunk, Ludeman,
    Agar, Willey, Behrendorff, Coulter-Nile, Steketee, Khan, Sams.

That should give me 9 players doubling up in round 1 (depending of course on rep duties and injuries).
    It is pretty hard getting much news on players over here re injuries and suspension and form, so any advice would be appreciated !

Only 1,200 in the bank
    Not too dissimilar to my team. I like every pick but Botha, but that's just because he burned me really bad last year making "captain choices" to just be a passenger in games and not bowl at all. He might be okay now that he has changed teams. Just need to make sure you have enough cash to turn someone into Short in round 3, I am nervous enough running without him for his single games round let alone missing out on his DG. Finding who is in form is easy enough, you can either livestream the JLT shield from cricket.com website, or if you are time poor just read the scorecards when the match is over Basketball
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    Not too dissimilar to my team. I like every pick but Botha, but that's just because he burned me really bad last year making "captain choices" to just be a passenger in games and not bowl at all. He might be okay now that he has changed teams.  Just need to make sure you have enough cash to turn someone into Short in round 3, I am nervous enough running without him for his single games round let alone missing out on his DG. Finding who is in form is easy enough, you can either livestream the JLT shield from cricket.com website, or if you are time poor just read the scorecards when the match is over Basketball

The problem we all have with Short is his ownership, now running towards 50%. He has some poor form at the moment but.... if he nails it round one and you do not have him your toast. He may very well lose $60 grand in the
    opening two rounds but is a must have for round 3 so I think it is a case of having him in your team outweighs the disadvantages of not having him plus your heart rate.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am