NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Share
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1127
    Reputation : 128
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:03 pm

    More than a few of the participants in the league have made their way over here, so i thought I'd start up a topic to get us all gathered together and working out the whos, hows and whens of next season, i'll list the teams currently entered and if we know who they are here and if they are returning -

    Dreadlords - Dreadlords - IN
    Synyster Vengeance - surmo13 (myself) - IN
    the Hayne Plane - ? - ?
    Pimpin Ain't Breesy - ? - IN
    Northern Kyushu Ramen Kings - malice - IN
    Ballad of the Mighty Mexicans - ryno_ - IN
    El Dudso - ? - IN
    Ravens to Flight - Inqui - IN
    Flint Tropics - Not a member of the forum - IN
    Emirates Endzone Experience - Not a member of the forum - IN
    Budgewoi Bulldogs - leaguegod - IN
    Hench - Hench - IN


    Last edited by surmo13 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    malice

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2016-07-30

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by malice on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:38 pm

    Hey...

    I'll check on Flint (Justin), pretty sure he's in.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 816
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:48 am

    In
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1413
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:24 am

    I cant draft on 4/9 (sunday) but any other time should be fine for me...

    Anybody want to propose a draft time?
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1413
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:38 am

    Also, this is the website we used last season to work out the previous season's ADPs. Any objections to using it again?

    https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?format=standard&year=2015&teams=12&view=graph&pos=all
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1413
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:53 am

    And I believe the draft order will be;

    1. Hench (12th)
    2. Budgewoi Bulldogs (11th)
    3. El Dudso
    4. Synyster Vengance
    5. Emirates Endzone Extravaganza
    6. The Hayne Plane (7th)
    7. Pimpin' Aint Breesy (Lowest Seed of First week elim'd)
    8. DreadLords (Highest Seed of first week elim'd)
    9. NKRK (Lowest Seed of 2nd week elim'd)
    10. BotMM (Highest Seed of 2nd week elim'd)
    11. Flint Tropics (Runner Up)
    12. Ravens to Flight (Winner)

    13. Ravens to Flight
    ...
    24. Hench

    25. Hench
    ...
    36. Ravens to Flight

    etc.
    avatar
    Inqui

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2016-08-01

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by Inqui on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:08 pm

    Afternoon, apologies for not getting around to this sooner (season's 12 weeks away, there's heaps of time; season's 10 weeks away, there's heaps of time, and fill in the blanks from there, haha) but obviously I'm in. I can draft any time except this coming Saturday so I'm obviously fine with whatever works for everyone else.

    I know at the end of the season we talked about adding an IR spot or two but the settings locked up on me. It's open again, so any objections to adding one or two spots? Injuries did a number on us all last year it seemed.

    Draft order and ADP calculations look fine too.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1413
    Reputation : 240
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:19 pm

    Happy with IR. I reckon maybe 2 is a bit much tho... but Ive never used them so its just a gutfeel Anybody played with them before?

    For the draft, am I right in thinking anybody with an ADP from outside the 10th round in 2015 becomes a 10th round 2016 pick, instead of their actual ADP? Or was it 12th? Or was there even a limit?
    avatar
    Inqui

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2016-08-01

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by Inqui on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:24 pm

    ryno_ wrote:Happy with IR. I reckon maybe 2 is a bit much tho... but Ive never used them so its just a gutfeel Anybody played with them before?

    For the draft, am I right in thinking anybody with an ADP from outside the 10th round in 2015 becomes a 10th round 2016 pick, instead of their actual ADP? Or was it 12th? Or was there even a limit?
    We scrapped that limit for good last year, though I'm not vehemently opposed to bringing it back if that's where the consensus leans. It feels a little much for me to get Jordy Nelson for a last-round pick, albeit only for one season (and that still assumes his knee holds up).
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9062
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by Welshy on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:57 pm

    Any of you guys not already signed up for the FF NFL Fantasy leagues fancy it then let me know and I can add you to the list! Currently on around 19/20 ad looking to start building for 3 8 team leagues

    Standard snake mock format! Let me know
    avatar
    DreadLord

    Posts : 163
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by DreadLord on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:09 am

    I'd be happy for an IR - would've been handy for Charles last year.

    I should be good for whenever for the Draft.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1127
    Reputation : 128
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:48 am

    if people are okay with changing adp provider, i found a different one that may or may not be able to be more accurate, and CAN include players injured in pre-season's ADP, for instance, this is the ADP for 12-team non-PPR real redraft leagues starting after Aug 25th 2015, which I'm pretty sure is when we had our draft (last week of pre-season if i recall correctly):

    http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2015/adp?COUNT=200&POS=*&INJURED=1&CUTOFF=5&FRANCHISES=12&IS_PPR=0&IS_KEEPER=0&IS_MOCK=0&TIME=1440475200

    where-as Nelson and Benjamin don't feature at all in the FFcalculator, they are 8th round and 9th round respectively in this one, which seems a bit more right.
    avatar
    Inqui

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2016-08-01

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by Inqui on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:15 am

    surmo13 wrote:if people are okay with changing adp provider, i found a different one that may or may not be able to be more accurate, and CAN include players injured in pre-season's ADP, for instance, this is the ADP for 12-team non-PPR real redraft leagues starting after Aug 25th 2015, which I'm pretty sure is when we had our draft (last week of pre-season if i recall correctly):



    where-as Nelson and Benjamin don't feature at all in the FFcalculator, they are 8th round and 9th round respectively in this one, which seems a bit more right.
    If it were up to me (and in a way I hate to say this, haha), I'd say that provider seems better because it takes the future value of guys like Nelson or Benjamin into account (or Julio a couple of years ago). I tweaked the parameters to drop IDP players (sidebar: how do coaches score fantasy points? I've never heard of that), and Benjamin is also an 8th.

    But with all that said, if I'd traded away a different pick than my 6th rounder I'd be a little upset about that provider being used on short notice if it meant losing Nelson or Freeman. That's not necessarily an argument against using that provider, but more that it warrants a little discussion still.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1127
    Reputation : 128
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:52 pm

    Inqui wrote:
    If it were up to me (and in a way I hate to say this, haha), I'd say that provider seems better because it takes the future value of guys like Nelson or Benjamin into account (or Julio a couple of years ago). I tweaked the parameters to drop IDP players (sidebar: how do coaches score fantasy points? I've never heard of that), and Benjamin is also an 8th.

    But with all that said, if I'd traded away a different pick than my 6th rounder I'd be a little upset about that provider being used on short notice if it meant losing Nelson or Freeman. That's not necessarily an argument against using that provider, but more that it warrants a little discussion still.
    yeah absolutely, that's why my post was more of a 'here's another option' as opposed to 'let's use this one', in the end if enough people are happy to just stick with ffcaculator, i've got no qualms, 

    i just agree on your earlier point that a player being last round because he got IR'd in the previous pre-season was a bit too far, so looked around to see if anything else was around, i forgot about how draft pick trades would work in, I found that trade and now realize ryno traded an 8th and got Cam who has a 8th round ADP on the site i found, so going with that would kinda screw him if he's keeping Cam, what would be a 10th pick for him would now be a 7th rounder.
    avatar
    Inqui

    Posts : 14
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2016-08-01

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by Inqui on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:49 pm

    surmo13 wrote:
    yeah absolutely, that's why my post was more of a 'here's another option' as opposed to 'let's use this one', in the end if enough people are happy to just stick with ffcaculator, i've got no qualms, 

    i just agree on your earlier point that a player being last round because he got IR'd in the previous pre-season was a bit too far, so looked around to see if anything else was around, i forgot about how draft pick trades would work in, I found that trade and now realize ryno traded an 8th and got Cam who has a 8th round ADP on the site i found, so going with that would kinda screw him if he's keeping Cam, what would be a 10th pick for him would now be a 7th rounder.
    Haha, man, I forgot I traded away Cam (though Freeman did pretty well for me and I still had Wilson - weird trade all around). But fwiw my vote would go with the one you provided for that reason, as much as it screws me this time. I forgot the 8th rounder just becomes a 7th (I thought it meant you couldn't keep an 8th rounder), so that isn't terrible. Chances are you want to keep the player for a reason so you're still getting pretty good value.

    Going back to the roll call, The Hayne Plane has his keepers set so I imagine he's in. Is anyone in touch with emirates or Pimpin?
    avatar
    malice

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2016-07-30

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by malice on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:22 pm

    Inqui wrote:
    We scrapped that limit for good last year, though I'm not vehemently opposed to bringing it back if that's where the consensus leans. It feels a little much for me to get Jordy Nelson for a last-round pick, albeit only for one season (and that still assumes his knee holds up).

    I am against bringing it back. If you luck/spot a guy off the waiver wire and you took him, g'luck to you. If he keeps performing, he'll change for the future seasons. It only impacts the one season after they come on strong.
    avatar
    malice

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2016-07-30

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by malice on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:23 pm

    Oh - and Flint's in.

    I'd prefer to draft in the evening, if on the weekends. I have my son's basketball nearly every weekend (during the day!) for the foreseeable future (ie. a month or so)!
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1127
    Reputation : 128
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:56 pm

    Good to see we are moving along quickly, just Hayne Plane and Pimpin left to confirm now.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9062
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:01 pm

    Will put my hand up if you can't gather the guys to reclaim the teams if allowed, looks like you got it sorted though
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9488
    Reputation : 1705
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NFL.com Fantasy Sportal keeper league

    Post by SI on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:18 pm

    I'm not in this comp but nice to see Malice and Inqui over here  Very Happy

      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:58 am