NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Archer
    Archer

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Post by Archer Wed May 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Taking a better look at my team, my initial score might have been overly optimistic, at least for Rd12.

Say I bring in JDB to my team this week or next (or Graham), thats ~110 points if I captain him.

I then have Jedwards, Kaufusi and Feeney. I'll hope to get lucky there and have them all play and maybe get 60 points total.  Add another for 50 for Whitehead and I'm up to 220.

Norman, Croker, BJ and Claw I'll hope to get 200 out of between them taking me to 420 and leaving Guth and Bowen who can hopefully score me 60 between them if I get lucky.

That's 480 If I make 1 trade between now and then for JDB/Graham and get very lucky with selections and scores. If I want to hit anywhere near that upper target of 700 I'm going to need to find 3 or 4 big scorers (at least) to bring in for that round. In which case I'd want them to be keepers given the sort of trading I'd do to get them AND not gimp me for the following bye rounds.... Can't see it happening.

Edit: Forgot that I had Mataora for some reason. Hmm, I guess with him and finding someone underpriced like Aitken I can hopefully still aim for more than 600.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Posted my RD12 team if I trade in Aitken and Lamb this week for Taylor and Littlejohn

Graham (50/100), Grant (40), Mataora (30)
    JDB (50/100), Whitehead (50), Fensom (40)
    Lamb (30), Feeney (10)
    Holland (30), Aitken (30)
    Radradra (40), Gutherson (20)

Those are absolute minimums with either JDB/Graham as captain.
    So some quick math equals a score of 470 or there abouts. hmmmmmm

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Taylor to Johnson my only trade this week. I'm keeping Teddy regardless I'm not wasting two trades getting him out then back in. I have enough to cover him I also doubt he will get picked for origin not now he's been injured. Daley will be loyal for the first game at least.

The only problem i'm facing is Bodene. No other players around that really interest me especially I was going to do Ma'u to Mannering after or mid way through the byes.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Just realised bringing in these bye friendly players will not be too helpful in my pursuit of hometown H2H glory.

Now im thinking focus on those minor bye rounds and hope for a surge at the end of the season when everyone is running out of trades. At least thats how last year panned out and i ended up top 1000
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

The only problem i'm facing is Bodene. No other players around that really interest me especially I was going to do Ma'u to Mannering after or mid way through the byes.
    Is Kapow out for you? What about taking a punt on Gillet (depending on what that does bye wise for you)? Finucane?

Just throwing some names out, sometimes it helps to run through arguments for "why not" as you either change your mind or think of someone else because of it.

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Archer wrote:
    Is Kapow out for you? What about taking a punt on Gillet (depending on what that does bye wise for you)? Finucane?

Just throwing some names out, sometimes it helps to run through arguments for "why not" as you either change your mind or think of someone else because of it.

I'm going to stay away from Kapow. Quite a few people already have him and can go either way. Gillett was someone I was super keen on for after the last origin game until the last two weeks his scores have been down. Really down! Finucane I can been keeping an eye on for about 3 or 4 weeks I keep expecting him to have a bad game but doesn't.. I don't know was happy with Thompson scoring well and no one picking him haha.

I think the final team im going for is

Smith, Lichaa
    Tolman, Graham, Jbrom
    Fensom, Jturbo, Surgess, Thompson Or Mannering
    A-Rey, Hunt, Johnson
    Roberts, Croker
    Mtchell, Teddy, Muster

Weird to think I already have 12 of them. Gallen could be a goer playing really well this year

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Alex Glenn has torn his calf and expected to miss the next 2 - 3 weeks
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Wed May 04, 2016 2:12 pm

So this week I have bought in B. Lamb for Thurston and upgraded Bhana for J. Graham.
    What do you guys think?
    I wanted to upgrade my centres but was thinking gutho might make some quick cash now with that big score so I can upgrade him to Dugan after origin..

This gives me a healthier front and second row..

A. Fifita, J. Graham, (J. De Belin)
    C. Parker, S. Mannering, S. Burgess (M. Cooper)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote: king Posted my RD12 team if I trade in Aitken and Lamb this week for Taylor and Littlejohn

Graham (50/100), Grant (40), Mataora (30)
    JDB (50/100), Whitehead (50), Fensom (40)
    Lamb (30), Feeney (10)
    Holland (30), Aitken (30)
    Radradra (40), Gutherson (20)

Those are absolute minimums with either JDB/Graham as captain.
    So some quick math equals a score of 470 or there abouts. hmmmmmm
    Looking at my Rnd 12 team I'd be hoping for minimum 580 points - more if any of the backs boom. Plans are to downgrade Evans for Asiata and switch Barba for Coote after Round 11, giving bank to go Bhana-SST and Holland-Harris (if DPP, otherwise another gun) for the middle byes.

Lichaa (50)
    Graham (55) JDB (55x2)
    Whitehead (50) Bhana (25) Bateman (25) Asiata (40)
    Norman (50) Lamb (40)
    Leilua (40) Holland (30)
    Coote (40) Gutherson (25) Feeney (0)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 04, 2016 3:15 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Looking at my Rnd 12 team I'd be hoping for minimum 580 points - more if any of the backs boom. Plans are to downgrade Evans for Asiata and switch Barba for Coote after Round 11, giving bank to go Bhana-SST and Holland-Harris (if DPP, otherwise another gun) for the middle byes.

Lichaa (50)
    Graham (55) JDB (55x2)
    Norman (50) Lamb (40)
    Leilua (40) Holland (30)

Is that playing 80??
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Is that playing 80??
    80 or DNP, either way...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 04, 2016 8:35 pm

The bye planner thing I downloaded has me scoring:

655, 640, 685 in rounds 12, 15 and 18 respectively.

Thats is assuming Scott, Holland, Lamb, Saifiti, and Asiata all play, which might be a stretch.

It's my first year so until I read your posts today I had no idea if those scores were OK or not, but sounds like I'll be doing ok. Will make another couple of trades in the lead up / during the bye rounds too to improve points a bit. I.e. Parcell to Friend (rnd17), and probably a couple others involving Saifiti and BLaw

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 9:53 pm

@Honeysett - This weeks match thread should be up soon right? Right...

Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:The bye planner thing I downloaded has me scoring:

655, 640, 685 in rounds 12, 15 and 18 respectively.

Thats is assuming Scott, Holland, Lamb, Saifiti, and Asiata all play, which might be a stretch.

It's my first year so until I read your posts today I had no idea if those scores were OK or not, but sounds like I'll be doing ok. Will make another couple of trades in the lead up / during the bye rounds too to improve points a bit. I.e. Parcell to Friend (rnd17), and probably a couple others involving Saifiti and BLaw
    Well done mate, at that rate you don't need to go overboard unless its getting you keepers.
    Just make sure you are considering any origin players when looking at that score FYI. Bye planners obviously can't do that but if for example its counting Parkers score for rd 12, you can go ahead and remove that pretty safely.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 05, 2016 12:15 am

Archer wrote:
    Well done mate, at that rate you don't need to go overboard unless its getting you keepers.
    Just make sure you are considering any origin players when looking at that score FYI. Bye planners obviously can't do that but if for example its counting Parkers score for rd 12, you can go ahead and remove that pretty safely.

Yeah, cheers for the heads up. Thankfully, by complete chance, or perhaps as a result of me starting with a really crap team, I have no Origin players.... So that made things easier in planning for the Byes. Yeah, any trades I do now are, as much as I can, involving keepers.

I've just reversed my Fensom trade and gone with Tolman. More chance of him being a keeper (perhaps at the lower end as a reserve), than Fensom?

I'd have a forward pack of:
    Hodgson, Parcell (to be upgraded for Cam/Friend)
    Graham, JBrom, Tolman, BLaw (to be cashed out maybe for Kafusi at some point)
    JTrbo, Taupau, Surgess, Ma'u, Asiata, Saifiti (to be upgraded for a keeper)

And that would hopefully take me through the rest of the season (barring injury of course).

I have used my max trades every week so far by the way..... Given all that do you think I'm on the right track? Or would you suggest some changes to my plan? I just ant to try and do as well as I can in my first year as I clearly can see I have made way too many mistakes to challenge for any top spots....

rest of the team as it stands is:
    Norman, Hastings, Barba, Lamb
    Holland, Croker, PatMat, Scott
    Mitchell, Radradra, Wighton, Gutherson, Bowen
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 05, 2016 1:19 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    rhinoceroo wrote:

Lichaa (50)
    Graham (55) JDB (55x2)
    Norman (50) Lamb (40)
    Leilua (40) Holland (30)

Is that playing 80??

Lol
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu May 05, 2016 1:23 am

Bren wrote:@Honeysett - This weeks match thread should be up soon right? Right...

There's no NRL round this week mate. Rep weekend is a waste of time.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 05, 2016 1:25 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    Archer wrote:

Yeah, cheers for the heads up. Thankfully, by complete chance, or perhaps as a result of me starting with a really crap team, I have no Origin players.... So that made things easier in planning for the Byes. Yeah, any trades I do now are, as much as I can, involving keepers.

I've just reversed my Fensom trade and gone with Tolman. More chance of him being a keeper (perhaps at the lower end as a reserve), than Fensom?

I'd have a forward pack of:
    Hodgson, Parcell (to be upgraded for Cam/Friend)
    Graham, JBrom, Tolman, BLaw (to be cashed out maybe for Kafusi at some point)
    JTrbo, Taupau, Surgess, Ma'u, Asiata, Saifiti (to be upgraded for a keeper)

And that would hopefully take me through the rest of the season (barring injury of course).

I have used my max trades every week so far by the way..... Given all that do you think I'm on the right track? Or would you suggest some changes to my plan? I just ant to try and do as well as I can in my first year as I clearly can see I have made way too many mistakes to challenge for any top spots....

rest of the team as it stands is:
    Norman, Hastings, Barba, Lamb
    Holland, Croker, PatMat, Scott
    Mitchell, Radradra, Wighton, Gutherson, Bowen

With the trades, it will probably balance out, considering you seem well covered for byes. For example, I have banked 3 trades thus fa. However I will probably use all my allocated trades up to Round 12. I will probably use most of my allocated trades between 13 and 18. So you could have more tades left after 18 than me, even though I am 3 ahead of you at the moment, purely because you are ina better position than me for byes now.

Is that the Renegades bye planner that calculated it for you? That thing is beautiful. They have done a great job this year with their information.

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 2:19 am

Honeysett wrote:

Damn. I was hoping for some jokes about Duges and that bobblehead cunt Laughing
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 05, 2016 2:48 am

Honeysett wrote:

Lose three games to NZ in a row and you want to call off international tests.
    Sounds like "death of origin" to me.

You sure you're not a QLDer? Wink

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 pm