NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu May 05, 2016 3:12 am

So when's everyone planning on selling Barba? Is he doing anything to convince anyone he's bordering on keeper territory?
    He relies heavily on tries to inflate his scores but the way he's going it's not like that's something we won't be seeing a lot of the rest of the year. He can get a decent score without a try as he got like a 40+ score a few weeks ago without a try but he's not like Dugan or Munster who can go 60+ without a try.
    I want to sell him soon for Munster but I don't want to cash out too early because being the most owned player in Fantasy you'd hate to trade him out the week he has a big game and you're the only one not benefiting.
    filthridden
    filthridden

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 30

Post by filthridden Thu May 05, 2016 3:25 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:So when's everyone planning on selling Barba? Is he doing anything to convince anyone he's bordering on keeper territory?  
    He relies heavily on tries to inflate his scores but the way he's going it's not like that's something we won't be seeing a lot of the rest of the year. He can get a decent score without a try as he got like a 40+ score a few weeks ago without a try but he's not like Dugan or Munster who can go 60+ without a try.  
    I want to sell him soon for Munster but I don't want to cash out too early because being the most owned player in Fantasy you'd hate to trade him out the week he has a big game and you're the only one not benefiting.  

I just sold him for Lamb via Feeney. He's not a keeper and he's peaked as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, he's peaked for mine.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu May 05, 2016 3:25 am

I see a lot of guys discussing trades and even making some this week, I know you can reverse but I'm not even thinking about it this week because you know there will be injuries this year and just throw your plans into chaos.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 05, 2016 3:29 am

Barba up against Newcastle next could get a good score.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu May 05, 2016 3:35 am

Does anyone see a problem with trading Tedesco to a keeper who you want by the end, eg James Graham? Realistically may only play round 16 and 17 in the next 9 games.

I don't see it as two trades because I was going to use one anyway to get Graham so effectively its one trade used. Also keeping Barba because I'm stuck with Feeney, good DPP, and Feeney aint worth a trade.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 05, 2016 3:37 am

Warriors wrote:Does anyone see a problem with trading Tedesco to a keeper who you want by the end, eg James Graham? Realistically may only play round 16 and 17 in the next 9 games.

I don't see it as two trades because I was going to use one anyway to get Graham so effectively its one trade used. Also keeping Barba because I'm stuck with Feeney, good DPP, and Feeney aint worth a trade.

Tedesco to Graham is a good trade imo.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 05, 2016 3:38 am

White Lightning wrote:Barba up against Newcastle next could get a good score.

yep. i see no need to trade barba urgently.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 05, 2016 3:39 am

White Lightning wrote:
    Warriors wrote:Does anyone see a problem with trading Tedesco to a keeper who you want by the end, eg James Graham? Realistically may only play round 16 and 17 in the next 9 games.

Tedesco to Graham is a good trade imo.

Yep.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 05, 2016 4:49 am

SI wrote:

With the trades, it will probably balance out, considering you seem well covered for byes.  For example, I have banked 3 trades thus fa.  However I will probably use all my allocated trades up to Round 12.  I will probably use most of my allocated trades between 13 and 18.  So you could have more tades left after 18 than me, even though I am 3 ahead of you at the moment, purely because you are ina better position than me for byes now.

Is that the Renegades bye planner that calculated it for you?  That thing is beautiful.  They have done a great job this year with their information.

Yeah, the Renegades one, wasn't sure if I could mention it... But yup, its very good, and has a lot of different options for you to be able to vary things. The only problem so far is that as far as I can see they haven't updated it so new players and new DPPs aren't included. I.e. I can't shift JTrbo to the SR but there are work arounds for issues like that. They may have an updated file though, I haven't checked.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 05, 2016 4:58 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    SI wrote:

With the trades, it will probably balance out, considering you seem well covered for byes.  For example, I have banked 3 trades thus fa.  However I will probably use all my allocated trades up to Round 12.  I will probably use most of my allocated trades between 13 and 18.  So you could have more tades left after 18 than me, even though I am 3 ahead of you at the moment, purely because you are ina better position than me for byes now.

Is that the Renegades bye planner that calculated it for you?  That thing is beautiful.  They have done a great job this year with their information.

Yeah, the Renegades one, wasn't sure if I could mention it... But yup, its very good, and has a lot of different options for you to be able to vary things. The only problem so far is that as far as I can see they haven't updated it so new players and new DPPs aren't included. I.e. I can't shift JTrbo to the SR but there are work arounds for issues like that. They may have an updated file though, I haven't checked.

Nah all good mate. There is certainly some history with some of the lads and quite a few on here have been booted from Renegades as well Lol . PA and Renegades have achieved exactly what they set out to do, and have also come through with some awesome resources over the last 4 or 5 years.

I'm on pretty much every FB page but rarely post as this is my preferred format. You will find most on here are in most FB pages, and you'd be surprised at who on the FB pages actually started with Sportal/Fanatics.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 05, 2016 5:09 am

SI wrote:

Nah all good mate.  There is certainly some history with some of the lads and quite a few on here have been booted from Renegades as well  Lol .  PA and Renegades have achieved exactly what they set out to do, and have also come through with some awesome resources over the last 4 or 5 years.

I'm on pretty much every FB page but rarely post as this is my preferred format.  You will find most on here are in most FB pages, and you'd be surprised at who on the FB pages actually started with Sportal/Fanatics.

I reckon if I ever went on Regegades there'd be some names that are blasts from the past and recognised a lot in my brief stint on Legends. 90% good bunch, that lot! Maybe higher but SI is on there Wink
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 05, 2016 5:40 am

So watching the footy show last night re the Eels & even if they shed the players & get under the cap they still wouldn't be able to play for points until the 5 non players accept de-registration. Since they seem intent of fighting de-registration it looks like the Eels will be playing for nothing.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 05, 2016 5:48 am

filthridden wrote:
    SI wrote:

Nah all good mate.  There is certainly some history with some of the lads and quite a few on here have been booted from Renegades as well  Lol .  PA and Renegades have achieved exactly what they set out to do, and have also come through with some awesome resources over the last 4 or 5 years.

I'm on pretty much every FB page but rarely post as this is my preferred format.  You will find most on here are in most FB pages, and you'd be surprised at who on the FB pages actually started with Sportal/Fanatics.

I reckon if I ever went on Regegades there'd be some names that are blasts from the past and recognised a lot in my brief stint on Legends. 90% good bunch, that lot! Maybe higher but SI is on there Wink

:pp:
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu May 05, 2016 5:50 am

White Lightning wrote:So watching the footy show last night re the Eels & even if they shed the players & get under the cap they still wouldn't be able to play for points until the 5 non players accept de-registration. Since they seem intent of fighting de-registration it looks like the Eels will be playing for nothing.

Yep, that's part of the conditions. NRL 360 have done a very good job of explaining it and Greenberg was on staright after it happened Tuesday arvo. Gotta say Greenberg carried himself particularly well. And as if I couldn't respect the bloke anymore, Sterlo has been tremendous as well.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 05, 2016 6:29 am

I'm having a squizz at my team while doing the Match Day thingy and thinking about;

Mansour --> Aitken
    Gordon --> Tolman via Benry or Claw

But then I can't jump on Lamb next week if he keeps his spot.  I'm sure one can wait, we'll see what happens.  Not sure about Gordon either, I don't think it's worth keeping him for his 20 points over those bye rounds, he's shedding cash.

I also realise I have both Claw and Benry in my 2nd row due to my BJ trade last week, which is not ideal, so I'm thinking the Tolman one is a goer either way.  Aitken could probably wait a week if need be. Although if Semi has a blinder in the test and dependant on the Eels, could go Semi instead. Aitken is just a solid player though and I think worth that price.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 05, 2016 7:43 am

SKD out of test & likely to be replaced by Takairangi. Ligament damage foot. Article on rlw.

This is a blow as SKD can offer something out of nothing. However Takairangi offers size in the centres & is a good player in his own right.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu May 05, 2016 8:31 am

wolfking wrote:I'm having a squizz at my team while doing the Match Day thingy and thinking about;

Mansour --> Aitken
    Gordon --> Tolman via Benry or Claw

But then I can't jump on Lamb next week if he keeps his spot.  I'm sure one can wait, we'll see what happens.  Not sure about Gordon either, I don't think it's worth keeping him for his 20 points over those bye rounds, he's shedding cash.

I also realise I have both Claw and Benry in my 2nd row due to my BJ trade last week, which is not ideal, so I'm thinking the Tolman one is a goer either way.  Aitken could probably wait a week if need be.  Although if Semi has a blinder in the test and dependant on the Eels, could go Semi instead.  Aitken is just a solid player though and I think worth that price.

Keep Mansour for the week, you never know what he can come up with. Everybody dumping Gordon means he's just going to go huge in the first bye round but it's a long time to carry him regardless. Tolman averages like what 43 and Gordon averages 30 and Tolman plays 2 bye rounds. Going purely by averages he will score almost as much as him in 2 rounds than Gordon will in 3. Tolman's also bottomed out he ain't going to get any cheaper.

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 9:00 am

61 players out injured or suspended.. Wonder how many will play the following week for round 10?
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 am

So while I was having a look at my team I just realized I might actually be short a full 17 in Round 13. Anyone else going to have this problem or is it just me?
    Because while I have only 3 Eels and Dragons players I also have 4 red dots and will all things permitting have a guy like Asiata who will be back to shit all minutes. Holland could also be gone from the team as Hoppa's Sunday exile will end then and who knows if he'll keep his spot over Stanley. I will struggle to get a full team on the field and that's definitely making me re-think everything now. E.g if I bring in Aitken I will definitely not be able to field a full team the round after the first Origin game.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Thu May 05, 2016 9:10 am

filthridden wrote:

I was part of legends in the 2011 season, some good blokes and a few chicks too. I only lasted half a season and had to quit due to personal reasons.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 am